Current Page: 31 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: concern08 ()
Date: June 17, 2008 08:25AM

Oh, how could I forget Seth and Cecilia McKurtis. Seth and Amy (who I think lives with Tom) were the first two people I met when I visited RLC. I remember Seth taking me to visit the nursery to meet his wife Cecilia after service. After having a talk with her and meeting Tom's wife Michelle, I knew something was up. They were clinging on me. I just thought that was a bit strange to be so overbearing when you meet someone for the first time. Never in my life did I think they were a cult. I just thought that they were a bunch on weirdos.

I never got plug into the place. RLC just wasn't my style. I left there after my visit with so many questions and mysteries about the place. I guess that was God's way of telling me not to visit there again. The worst part about it was that I left my number and address with them. They kept calling me and sending me invites to things, but that has stop thankfully.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: June 17, 2008 08:31AM

thanks for the post concern08 and the comment regarding giving a baby away. It is funny how I have gotten no responses on this. Their is no explanation. I just need to hear from others that agree it is contrary to scripture so that I know I am not missing something. So thanks for responding on that issue. Also, know that for the record there have been several others on these posts that have spoken out against Radiant Life Church. If you are curious and I am sure you have already you can go back to the beginning of each thread and see all the others. So Transparent, braveheart, and I don't get all the credit but I must say it was transparent who has spoken up about Katy and got the word out to warn people there. We have supported him and hopefully we can all continue to get the word out of the destructive and cultish practices of this church. Warning--- this church had a person who was a group leader and outreach leader give his baby away to the pastor in North Katy. They did not give the baby away because they could not take care of it. They gave the baby away because a few months into the pregnancy "God" spoke to him and told him to give the baby away. give me a break. Children are a gift from God not for people to play god with. This is totally contrary to scripture. If anyone has anything contrary please provide the scripture without preaching.

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 17, 2008 11:07AM

WAJ: I have now counted (4) people that agree with you: "I just need to hear from others that agree it is contrary to scripture so that I know I am not missing something."

Its ironic that this issue is clouding the MANY other issues at hand... remember, there are 25 pages before you first posed that question. Now that you got people to agree with you, you should take the next step.

I would agree with the "high society" living requirements... it has always been odd. If you are wanting to reach out to sac, and you plant a church there (or Katy) it would be good to actually dive into the area you are trying to reach. Or at least get out there and get your hands dirty. For those who are not familiar with the church in sac: the church itself is in a lower income, higher crime neighborhood. Most (if not all?) of the pastors and elders live in one neighborhood in a VERY nice little secluded neighborhood in Elk Grove. Im not saying that its bad to live near the people that you love and are closest to, in regards to community. I will add to this that it is a matter of the heart... WHY are these people all getting as close to TC as they can? Why? And why are they so influenced to drive the same cars, and wear the same clothing, and eat the same foods? Is it because they just like those things for themselves, or is it because they want to mold themselves into the likeness, or as I heard, the "lifestyle", of their leader...? Because it is the heart behind it, not the action. I can't judge them, but I can refuse to be a mini-me of anyone else. One time, someone (a higher up leader) told me that I needed to be cleaner shaven in order to get people to join PCARE. Seriously. Well, guess what? I like being shaggy. But that goes back to my personal convictions, because essentially there are lessons that could potentially benefit me, but its up to me to determine within my own heart if its acceptable and pleasing to God.

By the way, last I heard of GH he seemed cool enough. He seemed down to earth and open for change. But that was awhile ago. So I cannot relate to these recently described experiences.

Date: June 18, 2008 01:11AM

I am not able to answer this question, because doing so would involve making reference to scriptures, which, in turn is considered preaching. I would be willing to provide the text by email or PM that the "late" Dr. Love had provided, resulting in his departure. -----SpeakTruth

The moderator has already explained to you in prior posts that it is okay to provide a scripture or even the text of it, just don't preach about it and provide Cunnighamisms. The issue will not be left. It will continue to serve as a warning to others that go to Radiant Life or are thinking about going there. The warning is stay away. if you believe I am looking solely for people to agree with me you are wrong. It seems that you and Love who have been so vocal on here and have at points vehemently defended some of the goings on have wanted to steer clear of providing information on this because it is your friend. If you have a scripture that was used as a basis then simply provide it with the book an dthe verse. There are many other things including many that Braveheart has mentioned but the baby issue is a tragedy and definately is cultish. And I would say the issue is not clouding the many other issues at hand it is just at the top. WAJ, Transparent, Braveheart, and many others before have done a great job of exposing the many other issues at hand. The baby issue is the poster child and will continue to be raised to warn people. Speaktruth will not control the flow of this forum. It is amazing that someone now wants to dictate what is spoken about here. Just because you are tired of hearing about it or that you may feel it has been beaten in the ground doesn't mean that it is over or even adequately explained. Your name is Speaktruth and you haven't come out to say whether you believe it is scripturally correct. You should be able to answer that with a yes or no answer and provide scripture reference. Anyway, for me it will always carry a banner of the disgusting leadership, cultlike practices, and mind manipulation that goes on at RLC. How about this one for a classic example of what repeats itself over and over again. A pastor who wrote a book goes to a SOMA class and teaches about casting out demons. Now all of a suddent all of the people that are discipling others are teaching on casting out demons and telling you you have demons. The whole church is either casting out demons or having them cast out of them. It is now the current rage or fad and people go around saying oh I feel better I had the demons cast out of me. Not that this whole thing is bad in itself but why all of a sudden and how come you just find out that there are all these people who are able to cast out demons. I certainly would not want the big BM touching me because I would probably get all of his. Anyway the baby issue stands alone and as a warning to people at Radiant Life church and thinking about going there because it is reflective of the leadership. It will not go away as a warning. if you are reading this for the first time and don't know what the baby issue is please take the time to read all the posts on Radiant Life and you will find out. So anyway I am not on here to banter back and forth with you and be told by some young adult to take he next step. I am on here to warn others about this church.

Date: June 18, 2008 02:21AM

I found these comments by the moderator on another forum that I though were very informative and applicable to Radiant Life Church. So please people be careful of this church!!!!!!!!!!! and warn others.

rrmoderator
radaph:
Destructive churches are not all equally destructive, some are worse than others, i.e. only the most extreme groups drink the "Koolaid."

But that doesn't excuse the bad behavior of lesser known groups and leaders.

radaph:

Anyone can criticize a pastor or preacher, it's called freedom of speech.

You should read Galatians again.

Paul was VERY critical of church leaders.

Paul also was critical of Peter, an apostle, in Acts.

You are choosing to proof text scripture selectively out of context.

Also heresy is a very serious matter to Christians as evidenced by the New Testament.

Paul warned about false teachings and Jesus said that many would come in his name, but he would not know them.

Christians are called through the New Testament scriptures to expose false teachings and false teachers.

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 18, 2008 06:27AM

WAJ: First of all - who's providing cunninghamisms? Please explain.

I asked a simple question which was not answered: is this church telling its members and leaders to give their babies away? I have already told you that I have no "yes" or "no" answer for this situation, as I am not the one to have experienced it and I am only responsible for myself. I cannot determine whether or not it was acceptable in that situation because it was not me. It is not up to me. In the same way it does not say to intentionally give your kid away, it also does not say that you should not. My point is, I have no other standard. I wish I could tell you this to your face, perhaps then I could be convincing enough for you to never ask me again... since you apparently do not understand my words.

"If you have a scripture that was used as a basis then simply provide it with the book an dthe verse." - I do not have a verse that specifically "supports" it. There's my answer. Don't ever say that I didn't answer you again. You don't even know me.

"So anyway I am not on here to banter back and forth with you and be told by some young adult to take he next step." -Apparently you are.

Transparent: has your progeny's black eye cleared up yet? I guess this stuff just happens. I can't blame you for being pissed off. I would be pissed off too if I had to sink my business for some church and then get burned. I have never even once denied the dangers of that church. I just tell it like it is. I have always been up front with my experiences, my past, and where I stand.

WAJ: What A Joke.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: June 18, 2008 10:01AM

concern08 you briught up a valid point about katy being an affluent neighborhood. Just like the qualification of being an elder at rlc as they are all hand picked by Tony and he bassed it on there income status and their actractiveness. yes if your Overweight, Tatooed, you dress like a lumberkack and or your missing some teeth or not going to become an elder or a decon at rlc.
You People in Sacramento look at Tom Kimball, Dan Florie, Rollin Pang, Matt Warner, Greg Skinner, Jim Carmazzi, Greg Huth, Jessie Mancellis and Ken Bolenger all these guys are upper midel class some are state and government employees with very nice retirement plans. I asked Greg Huth why don't they make Russ Croco an Elder? he flat out told me that "Russ is not Elder material" I could not belive what I was hearing from Greg ! that day I really began to see the wolf in sheeps clothing the more questions I would ask the more my eyes were opened. Greg has this arrogat cocky ego where he thinks he is the one that can heal people but there is a catch 'you have to be submitted to his authority as an elder for it to work'.
sounds demonic!

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: June 18, 2008 10:48AM

WAJ
I agree with the points you made when you said "How about this one for a classic example of what repeats itself over and over again. A pastor who wrote a book goes to a SOMA class and teaches about casting out demons. Now all of a suddent all of the people that are discipling others are teaching on casting out demons and telling you you have demons. The whole church is either casting out demons or having them cast out of them. It is now the current rage or fad and people go around saying oh I feel better I had the demons cast out of me. Not that this whole thing is bad in itself but why all of a sudden and how come you just find out that there are all these people who are able to cast out demons. I certainly would not want the big BM touching me because I would probably get all of his." your right! it has become a popularity contest among the want-a-bees, soma students, staffers and pastorial staff. it has become a way for these people to justify their bad behavior. how they bpurposfuly wrong sombody but then come back and say "oh it was not my fault, I had a demon."

give me a break that is a classic example of an unhealthy church! if your not lining up with the leadeship of the church now they will try and try to cast out a demon or question if your ever aceppted Christ in the first place these people use this tactic to tear down your faith in Christ and through their demonic excersize try and rebuild a new salvation bassed on the suposed deliverance of the individual and or suposed healing.
the covant rings are an oath made to the elder or pastor that "what is mine is yours" a covanant relationship is established withe the goal to one day have Tony visit your group. give this teaching a few more years and you'll be having orgys at the 2:42 groups while the kids arein the room next door or left home unatended and neglected.

Date: June 18, 2008 10:42PM

Finally, mixed within another rambling pointless post by SpeakTruth was his admission that there is nothing in the bible that supports giving away a baby. I would go further and say that scripture clearly shows that it is wrong. thank you SpeakTruth for finally stepping up and showing the hair on your chest. Your first paragraph about the situation is a joke but at least you admit in the second paragraph. Anyways, your answers and the way you deal with questions on here is always spiced with the Cunningham influence. I hope you are able to deprogram some day.

Date: June 18, 2008 11:09PM

I would also reply to speaktruth the same way as the moderator-------

SpeakTruth:

Thanks for admitting that there is nothing in the bible to support giving away your children.

Of course just about any Christian knows that, but it took you a long enough to admit it.

You say RLC is wrong, but then argue and nit pick over the post of others criticizing RLC.

What is your purpose in posting on this thread?

Why are you here?

Your friend "Dr. Love" was certainly an antagonist that came here to defend RLC.

You keep attempting to meet people that post criticism here personally off-line.

What's that all about?

It is ironic that when I first got on this forum I was immediately hit with a private message wanting to meet somewhere. Yikes!!!!!!!!! Beware if you come on this forum. SpeakTruth certainly does not live up to the name he gave himself. He is another example a very hypocritical christian. The kind who puts fishes on the car but their life does not in any way reflect what the fishes stand for.

Current Page: 31 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.