Current Page: 25 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 21, 2008 12:19AM

Somite:

Last warning.

No personal attacks, which is spelled out within the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Stay within the rules or be banned.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dr. Love ()
Date: March 21, 2008 01:47AM

To answer your "?" Ted, No nothing like it, but those are some GOOD TIMES you are referring too! I would play paper rock scissors with you any day of the week over "buttering you up" even if there was a chance of me loosing and i hate to lose at that game. And trust me we are all aware that I am incapable of "serious conversation", I mean do you read any thing I write?

Do you know the position we hold on this thread? Does any one? What is the conversation topic that you want to be serious about?

You know the Thread already has a topic "Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento".

There was this one guy from that "church" that said he was going to meet with me every other Monday night to teach me to be more like Jesus Christ; well I was stoked, after 4 weeks this guy went some were outside of the US and when he got back I waited every Monday night for about 2 months at the place we agreed to meet, hoping that this Monday might be that every other. Well, I guess Jesus Word don't matter! Cause that’s all this guy taught me.

I totally forgive that dude, but I will not give him influence in my life. So I guess Ted, you should also be careful of who you let influence your life.

And you say we are all "humans" but are not all teachers or pastors heck even "Apostles" held to greater accountability.

How do you think I would be received at RLC if I walked around telling the congregation that Tony is not a man of his word? It makes me laugh thinking bout it...

Jesus himself warned us to beware of false "People" if I found one should I not expose them for who they are?

For some of you reading this may sound familiar:

-I will not hand this ministry off again, but I will see it through- in reference to R-worship

My words will never be soft and meaningless

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: March 22, 2008 02:31AM

Was reference to the church building previously being a "bowling alley" really so offensive? I was merely throwing it out there. Many times I attempt to make a point by using irony/humor as a pen. Get it... because pens make a point... nevermind.

I think you may be confused, Tedmeister. I don't recall sending a "personal attack" to anyone, either.

Also, what do you mean when you say. "Look me up, I'm in the book". What book? Like a year book? I don't even know what school you went to and when you graduated...

Butter-ups belong on toast and toast alone.

This whole shebang has only proven that when it hits the fan, everyone scatters to protect themselves. And I concur with Brother Doctor of Love... what exactly do you want to have a serious conversation about? I will engage.

Yes, Doc Love was not alone in this weekly study of God's word gone awry. You want to talk about communication? What about communicating ahead of time if you are able to keep your word (which would have saved our time and energy). And if one is only human, that is obviously acceptable. But if this is understood, then why should stupid sheep pretend perfection has occurred. Sorry, it just came out that way. I also forgive this "dude" and I know he has good intentions. Although I also know intentions are worthless...

Doc Love, I am confident that you would be despised if you "walked around telling the congregation that Tony is not a man of his word".

If anything, I would have to say that Radiant Life excels at "inspiring" people and giving them hope (which is good). Thats the bait and hook, though... because it does not last long. I would love, just one time, to see something start and actually flourish as planned. Its not a good sign when everything that is started ends up in the toilet.

Can you make serious conversation out of that?

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: March 23, 2008 04:15AM

Seriously, it is a sad commentary of your church Radiant Life when the only people left on this forum are people that go there and are still defending and stirring things up. Guess what? It looks like in the end, you are part of the problem. Dr. SpeakTruthLove this is not your personal forum to test out your comedy routines. Although there have been exagerrations in the postings the fact is there are many people who have been hurt by the leadership and people there. Their claims are valid and you guys are making your own joke about it. You want to nitpick every little comment and not look at the big picture. Move on. The ones with the issues have. And plus you guys are nobodies at that church and really can not do much (other than hang on the back rail during services). I am sure your pastor Tony does not care about what you think. If RLC is your church, go there, worship, enjoy it, more power to you. I don't care what the title of the forum is. People posted here who needed healing. Dr. SpeakTruthLove you are so right. I too wish I had seen something carried through to finish there. With everything that has gone on there, ie. pastors falling, worship leaders falling, people giving babies away, associate pastors amassing their own followings, ministries being abandoned, having a new fad every other week, having the pastor have to tell the people to be hospitable, and much more; all of this does not mean it is a bad church. It only means that it is immature. Please do yourself and RLC a favor, let the people on this forum let it go, exagerrated or not. Let them heal without feeling like you have to defend everything. The church is not a cult but it has been very destructive to people. It seems many of these people who have had problems have moved on from this forum. This is not because you enlightened them, it is because they have healed or moved on. This thread would not even have been revived if it was for Dr. SpeakTruthLove. And yes Dr. SpeakTruthLove, I too have seen you not follow through on commitments. But hey whatever, you are not a perfect machine as you guys say (or something close to that). Anyway, I am sure you guys will have a great time with this post and cut and paste or get all riled up and have conversations with yourself. But just know in your irony, humor or whatever you call it people are hurting and that is why they are here. I can tell you from people I have talked to that the number of people that have posted here are a minority compared to the total number of people that have been hurt or left the church.

Date: March 26, 2008 06:03AM

Dr. Love and Speak Truth:

Personal attacks and flames will not be approved.

And if you continue spamming the board with such junk you will be banned.

Posted by: Dr. Love ()
Date: March 27, 2008 04:21AM

Hello to all,

First things first, do you know me, or do I know you?

Moving on…when is the last time you have seen me at that building we call RLC?

Back on track…I’m not sure how valid your claim is. If you’re hurt we could talk about it…

Tony is not my Pastor…? And I know for a fact he doesn’t care about what I think, I mean dose anyone?

Aaron Love

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 11:24PM by rrmoderator.

Date: March 28, 2008 04:20AM

RRMod, please feel free to edit my posts as necessary... I can't seem to figure out what I can and cannot post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 05:12AM by rrmoderator.

Date: March 28, 2008 05:19AM

SpeakTruth:

I have edited out insults, name calling and what can easily be considered flaming.

But if you repeat this pattern in future posts it is more likely that you will be banned rather than edited.

Date: March 28, 2008 05:51AM

Dr. Love, I will reply to you.

I know you, but you also know me.

Also, I have not been at the building we call RLC for so long that I cannot possibly verify when you last attended that place. Therefore, the last time I have seen you there must have been many months ago.

And is Tony your pastor? I would definitely say no. When have you last spoken with him? Must not be your leader then…

And does he care about what you would think? I doubt it. Why would the thought of what you think ever cross his mind… I mean, he’s a busy guy I think. Depending on your definition of busy though.

Joe

Date: April 02, 2008 02:55AM

I will address half the problem right now...

There are some Christian leaders who would claim that they are a pastors or apostles, or great wizards from Kalamazoo for all I care, yet their lives lived out prove the contrary. If one claims to be such a man of God, then why would they be so untouchable? Why would one be required to speak to 3 different assistants in order to just leave a message, let alone make actual contact, with a pastor or apostle. Some of the greatest Christian leaders of this generation remain approachable. I know a pastor that has a church 8x the size of RLC and is still personally caring for people. And if the excuse is "being so busy", then what should one suppose is being accomplished? If the purpose of a pastor is to shepherd the people, then where do people come into this equation? That is, unless those people are willing to abandon who God made them to be, so that they can become a mini-me... remember Austin Powers?

My point is, some "pastors" are not even in a position to act in such a way. If you pastor a church of 10,000 people, sure, you might have secretaries field calls/meetings. Or better yet, Dr. Cho has a church of 830K. Maybe then. But 1000-2000 people? Give me a break... "School of Ministry" students are only a SMALL part of the body.

Yeah, these pastors don't seem to realize that those people who they say are so incorrigible, wild, rebellious, unsubmissive, or "free-thinking", might just be the ones that God will choose to use. Remember, donkey's cannot attend School of Ministry, yet God spoke through one anyway.

SIDE NOTE: I think there were good intentions to begin with, but in the grand scheme of it all, it has failed miserably. When you go from loving God and loving people as the goal, to telling people to give up their friends and family because they don't fit the mold of our church, you've gone against the very good intentions that you began with.

Current Page: 25 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.