Current Page: 27 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 06, 2008 06:06AM

Well apparently we have now walked for about 26 pages and have really arrived no where…

I’ll tell you this much for sure: You reap whatever you sow.

If it’s true, which it is, then all of it will work out in the end. Perhaps the shady folk will be exposed in full. Or perhaps they might even change their hearts and be honest. Or maybe it will end with humiliation. I dunno.

God deals with each of us in a unique way, because of that unique relationship. Maybe through this very odd “abuse” and “deceit” will rise true believers that love the Lord and serve Him in Spirit and in Truth. Or maybe it will just get worse before it gets better. All I know is that ME and MY HOUSE are gonna serve God.

The church (in general, not specifically RLC) can still be effective… the problem is control. There is way too much control. When a leader tries to control (directly or indirectly) others, he squashes whatever God may have birthed in that person. It’s like saying you should cut off your feet because you don’t need them to write a novel… well God never said HIS church will only write a novel… make sense? That’s where I’m coming from.

It’s all a struggle as a believer when so much of what you have learned and have been taught is later exposed as something else. Now I know I’m not meant to write a novel (having seen how long my posts are, no pun intended).

P.S. I actually remember being told that I need to groom my mustache nicer if I want to get people to join PCARE. True story. I laugh now, though…

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: June 06, 2008 08:04AM

OMG! the man from the Rio Cavoto cult is alive!!! Sorry to hear about your cult leader.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: June 06, 2008 08:21AM

Oh and BTW, this is not just a cult forum but a forum for destructive churches which RLC definately qualifies. It doesn't take a genious to see the destruction caused in peoples lives and the good god fearing men who have left. To speaktruth, this is why the forum rages. People like Love come on here and defend Tony and frankly I nor many other people do not share the same view. it is when people come on here and try to discredit the posts but you can't deny the destruction---- outreach leader giving a baby away, pastor falling hard, issues with abuse of spiritual authority, brandon and tony worship, SOMA worship, on and on and on. That barely touches the surface. and no actually tony is an arrogant jerk. I have had people visit the church with me and say to me afterwards the pastor seems arrogant (tey like the worship music though which s the bait . Below is more reading on destructive and abusive churces. As I read them I saw so many of the practices and traits that RLC has. Especially the link that talks about catering to the 20 something crowd.

one-christ.blogspot.com/2007/09/history-of-christianity.html
one-christ.b[truthinheart.com]
[www.barnabasministry.com]
[www.urlfan.com]

Posted by: Dr. Love ()
Date: June 06, 2008 09:50AM

Just for the record, i choose Jesus Christ to be my vine. also take responsibility for your own life, its no ones fault but you own that you are angry and "BH" as our good friend "somite" has tough us. when have i defended Tony, i merely posed a question. and also for the record my pendulum swings more toward your views of him and that is why i no longer attend his church. yo trans-man I'm excited to see that you are glad to here from me, so are you here to stay this time or are you just getting our hopes up; you really shouldn't play with our emotions like this. I like this what-a-joke character, i would only ask that you refer to me as "TMFTRCC" also known as "the man from the Rio Cavato cult" thats Cavado with an "a" i would know i am close to the cult leader their. and exactly what are you sorry to hear about? how is your grand child.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 06, 2008 08:46PM

To whom it may concern:

Anyone interested in Radiant Life Church should read this thread from the beginning rather than accept "Dr. Love's" summary of its contents.

See [forum.culteducation.com]

Note the statements made by "Somite."

Radiant Life doesn't have democratic church government, which is the case within the overwhelming majority of Protestant churches today.

Typically a pastor is accountable to a democratically elected church board and officers that can discipline and if necessary fire the pastor.

No one on this thread defending the church here has cited the provisions within a constitution, bylaws or articles of incorporation that provide for democratically elected government at Radiant Life Church.

Also, most Protestant churches are financially transparent.

That is, there is a published, detailed and independently audited financial report that discloses all salaries, compensation and expenses of the church distributed to its tithing members.

No one defending the church has cited such a report with detailed information about Radiant Life Church on this thread.

Churches that are run like dictatorships without meaningful accountability to the genereal membership and financial transparency concerning the use of tithes are often problematic and potentially unsafe.

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: June 06, 2008 10:13PM

Thank You Mr Moderator.... Love's comments keep coming as sarcastic and to tell you the truth it is becoming very annoying. There's nothing to laugh about or be sarcastic in this matter.... i am here to warn others about RLC...

Date: June 07, 2008 05:33PM

I think its good to warn people about stuff. But I also know that with this sarcasm and humor there is also some very solid points made, that should also be taken seriously.

Date: June 07, 2008 08:15PM

SpeakTruth:

What "solid points"?

This behavior is more in line with what is called an "Internet troll."

See [www.flayme.com]

Date: June 08, 2008 12:31AM

I think within the sarcasm is the obvious point that whatajoke continues to make unfair assumptions and accusations. He has said it all... referring to Love and myself as nobodies in the church (well that doesnt even make sense considering we are not even around). And the constant statements about our being "spies" and "liars and deceivers" and "covoto cult members"... all of which is unfounded with no examples or explanations. Enough is said about Doc Love to detract from his character to readers, yet there is no substance to these statements.

It seems like when you put all these personalities in a room together, a tornado starts. I inherently defend people when they are not around to defend themselves. Ironically, it seems to mean that it always points back to worshiping Tony. Tony is indeed a man, and will screw up. I have accepted that and I no longer hold it against him. It stresses me out to much. He's not the only one there that lied and built an empire for himself. I can't judge his heart, I can only make an assessment based on the fruit. I would also defend "transparent" if he were not around (read past posts when RLC puppies were here).

Date: June 08, 2008 12:41AM

SpeakTruth:

One last time.

This thread is not about Transparent, it's about RLC and its leadership.

Stay on topic.

Last warning.

"Dr. Love"is what he is, an apologist here to defend RLC.

Current Page: 27 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.