Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: timeforchange ()
Date: November 13, 2008 09:19AM

Yeah, I know, I said I wasn't going to post any more. Oh well, here it goes.

Thank you guys very much for pointing out the validity of getting suckered. It doesn't mean you are dumb or stupid. For me it meant, the man I orginally believed in, is not the man he started out to be. Something very different became of him and the church I spent entire young adult life in. I wanted to experience God and be a part of something significant. I got swept up in the moment only to have lost myself somewhere along the way.

It is a long road out. I still have days when I find new levels of anger, I still have moments when a thought will cross my mind and I will wonder how I ever bought into this or that lie. I still have moments of grief so strong, I weep uncontrollably. I have days when I feel hopelessly lost. Yet, in between them are moments of sweet intimacy and I hear the voice of God in ways I never heard Him before. In the moments of emotion, He comforts me and tells me "I hear you, your anger, grief,....doesn't scare me."

My fear of my own emotions has been exposed and lie that we have all been told that we cannot bring anything negative before Yahweh is denounce by Yahweh himself. He wants me to bring my everything to Him, not just what I think will impress Him. I am learning that He wants us just to be real.

Remember, it isn't easy to find out truth, but in the end it is extremely freeing.
Our journey is with our God, not with man. The journey is the destination. Our journey is real!

I am grateful my journey leads me to my God. It is leading me to greater intimacy with my spouse and teaching what a gift I have in my children. It is leading to repentance, reconciation of friendships and family, it is restoring that which had been lost or just put on hold.

I hope this brings encouragement to many who are just leaving RLC or discovering what really lives in the darkness there. I am getting phone calls daily, I have heard how many of you are being treated as you leave. I am so sorry. That is not of God. Don't stop reaching out you are not alone. Many have gone be you, and many went before me. I am grateful for their journeys, it has helped mine. I hope this will help yours.

May God bless you and continue to comfort you and cover over the wrongs that have been done to you so healing will come.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: November 13, 2008 10:28AM

Every time somebody makes the statement "this is my last post" they end up being moved by Gods Spirit to share something new or to encourage another person.
so if you decide not to post for a while that is OK don't paint yourself into a corner. leave the door open and come back.

I believe that Pastor Wally Magdangal need to bee on our list along with Pastor Ben Hulsing and Family. I know I made a post that there wereover 500+ people who have left RLc.

This is a safe place where you can take off that mask of trying to keep up appearances and be the person God made you.
We are stepping out of that room of "Good Intentions" and into the "Room of Grace" and your are welcomed here.

All My Best
Dan

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 13, 2008 01:55PM

Does anyone know what G.O. Missions Corp was? This was the name of RLC prior to the name change. The name was changed officially by SOS in 2000. Tony and Michelle Bang were the officers of G.O.Missions Corp and when it changed it took on the elders as officers. Just wondering what this entity was?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 13, 2008 10:14PM

To who may concern:

TrueWords has been banned from this message board.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: November 14, 2008 01:36AM

Timeforchange

My fear of my own emotions has been exposed and lie that we have all been told that we cannot bring anything negative before Yahweh is denounce by Yahweh himself. He wants me to bring my everything to Him, not just what I think will impress Him. I am learning that He wants us just to be real.”

This is a briliant statement and a very importand revelation… when I left I distinkly remember the tiny vioce letting me know it was ok to express my emotiom and frustrations… I resisted a little because of conditioning but then my briliant mom Mary Tiller told me something that ecoed in my concience… she said “what you don’t say with your mouth your heart is screaming anyway. You might as well just be honest before G-d.”

If you think you cannot express to G-d negativley you need to relize that he would rather deal with the true you than a manufactured version of what you think he wants before coming into his presence…

Posted by: GodisFaithful ()
Date: November 14, 2008 01:47AM

Ring barer
Timeforchange

“what you don’t say with your mouth your heart is screaming anyway. You might as well just be honest before G-d.”

If you think you cannot express to G-d negativley you need to relize that he would rather deal with the true you than a manufactured version of what you think he wants before coming into his presence…

This has been at the core of my healing process.... genuine revelation of myself to God, who already knows the true me.

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: November 14, 2008 02:38AM

THANKS MATT!! Bro... you was probably one of the few that understood me or could even relate to me... thanks for posting this. Even as fucked up as I am... I know that we can still come to God and bring what's onj our minds and on our hearts.... Thanks for this post man... PM me sometime... we need to talk! well shit!!! I just need someone to talk to since there is nothing left for me here in Katy, TX.... I have nobody left!!!

Antonio

Ring barer
Timeforchange

My fear of my own emotions has been exposed and lie that we have all been told that we cannot bring anything negative before Yahweh is denounce by Yahweh himself. He wants me to bring my everything to Him, not just what I think will impress Him. I am learning that He wants us just to be real.”

This is a briliant statement and a very importand revelation… when I left I distinkly remember the tiny vioce letting me know it was ok to express my emotiom and frustrations… I resisted a little because of conditioning but then my briliant mom Mary Tiller told me something that ecoed in my concience… she said “what you don’t say with your mouth your heart is screaming anyway. You might as well just be honest before G-d.”

Posted by: timeforchange ()
Date: November 14, 2008 04:53AM

Thanks all, for your support and confirmation. I am still continuing to learn< "I'm not the crazy one!" >

To Transparent/Antonio:
You are well loved! My husband and I were talking about you the other day and remembering how much we loved hangin with you and your wife. You and your fam still cook the best mex I have ever had. I am so sorry for all the crap you have had to endure. PM us we'd love to talk with you. May God hear your heart and respond to you as graciously as he has with us. No hurt or injustice is every ignored by our God.
By the way, we are all f*%$ed up man. Some of us just a little more than others and I can personally name quite a few who are more that me and you put together.

This thread is now over 100000 posts, someone's reading, someone's believing, someone's still worried. It's not gonna just go away.

Be blessed y'all. I pray we all continue to discover who God is and find reconciliation with Him and others.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 14, 2008 05:27AM

Transparent
THANKS MATT!! Bro... you was probably one of the few that understood me or could even relate to me... thanks for posting this. Even as fucked up as I am... I know that we can still come to God and bring what's onj our minds and on our hearts.... Thanks for this post man... PM me sometime... we need to talk! well shit!!! I just need someone to talk to since there is nothing left for me here in Katy, TX.... I have nobody left!!!

Antonio

Antonio, you're alright man. Hop in that car and get your butt back here. Ring me up and my wife will cook up some mess. If you come durin xmas pm me and we grub on some xmas tamales together. Hang in there. your words have not been in vain and people are at RLC are seriously reaping what they sowed.

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: November 14, 2008 06:36AM

All,
Looking at the enormous list of names that Guess Who has been putting in alphabetical order for us (thank you)... I am appalled and beside myself at the audacity and pride of the current rlc leadership that continues to deny any personal responsibility for the damage that has been done over the last 12 years... It has got to be considered Narcissistic if not Insanity to continue in the behavior!

None of us is alone, although we all have to walk through our feelings, the truth at the end will be that we are not alone.

If you have just left, or are in the process of leaving it really is ok to take some time and rest in the Lord. We are not 'backsliders', in danger of 'loosing our salvation' or 'pagan's' because we do not attend a fellowship right away and truthfully, I need some space to process through all of the feelings and emotions and am not willing to put on another fake smile for anyone!!! I want to learn to be real with the Lord, with my family and anyone who wants to be my friend - the good, the bad and the ugly.

I heard someone who left once refer to the "church of the butterflies" meaning that between rlc and whatever church they eventually landed there was always sitting in the backyard and praying...

There will definitely be some deprogramming needed because if you are like me 1/2 of the time you may be angry and the other 1/2 you may feel guilty, but just remember in His eyes you are awesome just the way you are! Bright, shiny and new... Old, broken and beatdown or somewhere in between the Lord thinks you are to die for and He is not afraid of the truth, or your perception of it! (and no, I am not preaching!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.