Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: November 13, 2008 05:08AM

TomWilson
Deja Vu
What I will say is this; Many are deceived because they do not settle for what is practiced currently in the Church or in Christianity.
-Ryan-

I'm confused. I think I'm either misunderstanding or perhaps you mis-communicated in the line above. Even when I read it in context with the rest of what you said I keep thinking I must be misunderstanding. Could you be more explicit for us simple folk.

I will try my best.

Simply put: Those who do not settle for "religious practice", but are always searching for Christ and knocking at the door of heaven, seem to be more suseptable to deceptive practices or teachings because they are open to new paths that could lead to Christ. I believe a lot of believers do not appear to be deceived by False Teachers like Tony because they are so locked into the "traditional way of thought" pertaining to Christ. They may not easily accept most if not ANY new teachings outside of the traditional "Christianese" culture, but also do not realize that maybe they are deceived in the cultural mindset in which they are so locked into. In all of our journey in discovering Christ, we may walk through many doors that appear to be the door of heaven, only to find out it leads to death. Eventually, we will recognize these false doors more easily only to find the Lords door. Maybe that day is on the day of Christ

"I have come to realize that most believers are not willing to TRADE ALL THAT THEY HAVE COME TO KNOW ABOUT GOD, IN ORDER TO GO AND DISCOVER ALL THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW ABOUT HIM".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: November 13, 2008 05:55AM

To those of you who post here, have met with any leadership from RLC and have spoken out against what has happened to you personally and/or a member of your family, WAY TO GO!

I know that this has not been an easy road. Fear, anger, bitterness, shame and a plethora of other emotions surround your situations. Be encouraged you are not alone. Someone compared seperating from this situation can be as traumatizing as divorce and worse. You may need help, no shame in that, go get some (not a church counselor) from a qualified counselor.

Another brother I was speaking with today let me know that issues he had not dealt with in a long time had started to crop up again. I also have noticed this. Speculating here, but I would bet that when you move from one oppression (sin issue) to another oppression (RLC issue) and then "jail break" (freedom from RLC oppression) that the demonic realm is not going to sit idly by. They will throw everything at you. One of the most prevalent lies is that you are alone and no one else can possibly understand how you feel. DO NOT BELIEVE THIS FOR A SECOND.

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: November 13, 2008 06:14AM

Deja Vu
TomWilson
Deja Vu
What I will say is this; Many are deceived because they do not settle for what is practiced currently in the Church or in Christianity.
-Ryan-

I'm confused. I think I'm either misunderstanding or perhaps you mis-communicated in the line above. Even when I read it in context with the rest of what you said I keep thinking I must be misunderstanding. Could you be more explicit for us simple folk.

I will try my best.

Simply put: Those who do not settle for "religious practice", but are always searching for Christ and knocking at the door of heaven, seem to be more suseptable to deceptive practices or teachings because they are open to new paths that could lead to Christ. I believe a lot of believers do not appear to be deceived by False Teachers like Tony because they are so locked into the "traditional way of thought" pertaining to Christ. They may not easily accept most if not ANY new teachings outside of the traditional "Christianese" culture, but also do not realize that maybe they are deceived in the cultural mindset in which they are so locked into. In all of our journey in discovering Christ, we may walk through many doors that appear to be the door of heaven, only to find out it leads to death. Eventually, we will recognize these false doors more easily only to find the Lords door. Maybe that day is on the day of Christ

"I have come to realize that most believers are not willing to TRADE ALL THAT THEY HAVE COME TO KNOW ABOUT GOD, IN ORDER TO GO AND DISCOVER ALL THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW ABOUT HIM".

Now I'm clear and I agree! I almost took your original post to mean the exact oposite of that.

I would add only one more thing to the settleing for "religious practice" and that is settleing for "spiritual experience" and "setteling for knowlege about God" in stead of actually seeking to God.

I also think that the reason what you discribed happens can be what they people actually seeking and therefore worshipping. Some people seek to know the word of God, but not the God of the word. Some people seek knowlege about God. Others seek spiritual experiences. Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." It is my beleife that if people are genuinely seeking God they will eventually find him. However as I believe you pointed out above they may be missled for a time, before they do. I also beleive that it is also true is that what you seek you will find therefore those seeking experiences will find them, those seeking knowledge find it. Those seeking truth will find truth, however they may never find Him who is Truth. Just like those who seek to know know the word of God may never find Him who is the Word.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: November 13, 2008 06:31AM

History does not teach fatalism. There are moments when the will of a handful of free men breaks through determinism and opens up new roads.

- Charles de Gaulle

This journey was once described to me as “A long road out” – Josh Millar. The intensity of the above quote is found in the fact that it is true. We have all been through a process of grieving in some capacity and the truth is the peeling away of falsehoods to realize true freedom is many times exposing and embarrassing. But the beauty in this extremely ugly mess is that our willingness to embark on what Ryan describes as a “willingness to leave what we know to discover the more”, blasts open the doors of new opportunity and the G-d given ability to reach full potential… not because we have a wise teacher to show us the “right” way but because we have been given life and breath to do as G-d sees fit… and the instruction comes from him, however he should choose to deliver it… via man or via an ass, you choose..

My point? The list of families past who have embarked on new roads to discover what they have been lead into… Guess Who is correct in saying that there is a process and it is difficult at times, yet we do it because we know that its right! We endure whatever emotional of mental pain we may go through because we are willing to look to truth and not willing to live in corruption…

Today we have opened up new roads because of the willingness of a few to break through determinism and open those roads…

When I left RLC I left without anyone supporting me much like many before me experienced… but today there is a network of people larger than RLC itself that are willing to identify and help… and other local churchs will embrace former RLC members because they know what has happened and they have set up people and programs to help…

So if you’re thinking of leaving know that history does not teach submission to fate or fatalism. But rather it teaches that your free will brings new opportunity and new roads…

oops I preached...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 06:35AM by Ring barer.

Date: November 13, 2008 06:39AM

Some new stats: Since the first post - avg. of 138 views per day and 2.11 posts per day, today avg. views per minute is 1.36.

I have heard Bill Simon blamed for increasing the number of views per day. I would propose that it's probably Tony and his sychophants monitoring the blog who are driving up the views per day and per minute. Who else would have all that extra time on their hands. The rest of the world actually has to work for a living.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: November 13, 2008 08:40AM

Can't Tony leave Bill Simon alone!!

I know this to be the truth.
Bill, has not & will not post here for his own personal reasons.
Bill has a testimony & story, along with 20+ years of history with Tony. So my suggestion is call bill and hear his story.

Hey Tony the funny thing is people post here mostly by what is on there heart and what the Holy Spirit is urging that individual to post. So if your looking for some one to blame for urging people to post get mad at God.

go back and read all the scipture and testimonies that testify that you are a phony apostle. that your words are manipulative and self serving.

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: November 13, 2008 08:57AM

Some additional families for the growing list:

Lekki, Jim & Terry and family
Moore, Mike and Annie
Griffith, Sarah and family
Joe, Debbie and family

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 13, 2008 09:07AM

and the list grows......guesswho are you going to add them and do the math?

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 13, 2008 09:08AM

100, 000 on this is approaching and mindboggling.

Date: November 13, 2008 09:16AM

whatajoke
and the list grows......guesswho are you going to add them and do the math?

Yes. As much room as the list takes, I will repost when there is a substantial change - maybe around 175 to 200 names - so keep them coming!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.