Current Page: 71 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: August 14, 2008 09:29AM

Hey Cuz (Kevin)

Happy to see the post and I know your doing well…

Kevin I forgave you long ago and I will say it again man, be free I forgive you…

Dad thank you for your post… I like your offer and I think that Tony should take you up on a meeting with yourself, Brandon, Jim and some elders… at the testimony of 2 or more witnesses this can be confronted and dealt with… with the hopes of resolve and no more repeat incidences…

I want to remind everyone that the powerful effect of our testimony comes from telling what we have been through… if we tell only what we have seen and heard we cannot be refuted… sharing is not evidence of bitterness, slander or anything else that would be thought of as out of line…

The fact is that we have all been through something very similar and we all have the ability to contribute to the support of others that are looking for a way out or questioning what they have experienced….

I again encourage us to tell what life is like outside of RLC... your story since you left… I am very interested and I think that it can provide a helpful reality to those that are hesitant to step out for all the reasons we all know about…

If we stick to what is true, what is encouraging, what is helpful to those reading, and to what we know to be true… without offence of others posts we remain valid and effective… if we let ourselves get offended we run the risk of reverting back to what this forum used to be…

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 14, 2008 09:42AM

By the way… I forgot a very important family when speaking about people that have been hurt yet people that could be powerful… necessary casualties as I called them… I said that the list was not comprehensive so please if you know of people mention them…

The Majewski family… how could I forget? The very loving people that befriended my wife and me during a confusing time… these people, and i mean the whole family (Mike, Heidi, Wade, Beau, Megan, Zack and Annie) extended themselves to my family and continue to do so for which I am very happy… I value each one of them and their friendship…

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: August 14, 2008 09:46AM

DeJa Vu , " Once removed, I felt that loneliness. I did not want to be bitter, so I did not want to hang out with “EXERS” of RLC because they were so angry. But I did not ever want to go back either."

I got a PM from one of us and I wanted to clarify something that I felt to be important enough to post. It was brought to my attention that though this is a testimony of mine, the clarification was need for the above statement that maybe I was implying that "EXERS" were ALL angry.

I wanted to make sure you all knew what this meant as to not work anyone up in a frenzy. First, this IS A TESTIMONY. It is how I felt at that moment of my life and what was happening at that point of my life. If my testimony offends anyone, I cannot control that. However, I do not think at all that ALL "EXERS" as I put it are all angry or bitter. In fact I posted this to, "I want to chase after the wounded sheep and bring them back to God because many have shunned away from God out of hurt. Some are actually doing REAL well and have REALLY grown with God". "However, at that point of my life, as a part of my testimony and how I felt at that moment, I did view EX RLC people that way. My only experience at that time with EXERS was negative. Sorry, it is what I saw. I now see it differently as to the fact that I have better eyes and a better heart. I have also gotten to know a lot of you all better. I now see everyone as different and at different stages of the race and healing process which is why I also said in my previous post, " Then we found the Forum. It was time to make a difference. I did not want to sit and ROLE OVER! So we joined the very small network. Thank God for those who started this. Now, it is time to bring restitution and be a support for others who are hurting. I want to chase after the wounded sheep and bring them back to God because many have shunned away from God out of hurt. Some are actually doing REAL well and have REALLY grown with God. I know for me, I couldn’t even pray or read the scriptures for a very long time without thinking of the teachings of RLC."

I would ask this as much as I really do appreciate everyones input, can we just let testimonies be testimonies and not pick it a part? It would help with the flow of freedom writing of the forum. Thanks everyone for you recent testimonies. Keep it up.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: August 14, 2008 10:21AM

Sorry, I do not have a "we are the world" story for life after RLC. For me life while at RLC and after has been a challenge. The life I had before RLC that I thought was so bad, looking back was pretty good. RLC tainted life and God for me and I am slowly working on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 10:23AM by whatajoke.

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: August 14, 2008 11:09AM

whatajoke
Sorry, I do not have a "we are the world" story for life after RLC. For me life while at RLC and after has been a challenge. The life I had before RLC that I thought was so bad, looking back was pretty good. RLC tainted life and God for me and I am slowly working on it.

WAJ ~ You are living your testimony right now as we all are. I trust that God is doing an amazing thing in your life right now and you will be telling your story for years to come. Hang in there brother! Your posts and input have helped many.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 14, 2008 11:23AM

whatajoke

WAJ~ I know that it is hard to trust. Even now when I am at church and the leadership chooses to do something that RLC did, I makes me squirm a bit. For instance they have started to do a spotlight on specific people who serve in the church, the let them in front of the congregation to testify and such...They always give glory to God in their testimonies but standing up and applauding these people that I know and love is still really hard to swallow for me.
You have stated in previous post that you went to church recently, it is a start and God will work in you and your family. Time and distance with God's love will heal you.
I sometimes feel as if I am not injured, that I have healed completely from the "abuse". Then something happens and I realize that I am not fully healed and that God is using this situation to grow my relationship with Him.

Your " We are the World" comment had me cracking up... I understand completely what you are saying. The single fact that you are working on it is awesome. I am sure that God wants you to heal through this as much as you do.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: August 14, 2008 12:20PM

whatajoke

Whatajoke, bottom line... Your journey is your journey and I support it. I respect it for what it is. Once again, I see tremendous growth and healing taking place in your life by what you say.and for this, I truely thank my God. Keep doing what you are doing. As it is... you are the very reason I even posted on here and for that, I thank you. Whether or not you are my bother or sister, because honestly, I still am not sure, you are my sibling in Christ and for that I love you and want the best for you. Bless you and may Gods favor rest on you.

Date: August 14, 2008 12:27PM

Deja Vu
"I would ask this as much as I really do appreciate everyones input, can we just let testimonies be testimonies and not pick it a part? It would help with the flow of freedom writing of the forum. Thanks everyone for you recent testimonies. Keep it up."

I totally agree with this...

Date: August 14, 2008 12:33PM

whatajoke

No one looks down on your position... I do understand it and frankly, you have to go through it... God Speed in your journey and don’t stop communicating... just understand that we likely understand exactly how you are feeling...

Posted by: Soma Notes ()
Date: August 14, 2008 01:16PM

HEBREWS 13:7

"7 - Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith."

This scripture has been used WAY out of context. As I read through notes, I noticed a pattern of this being used as an example of imitating disciplers. Very destructive... the outcome was: imitation of clothing, hobbies, preferences, and especially linguistics. By imitating these items followers were considered wise, submissive, obedient, "planted by streams of water", fruitful, and were allowed to know more as a result. By continuing on this path, followers were also allowed more and more access to the imitated, furthering the damage by encouraging others to imitate them.

More notes to follow.

Current Page: 71 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.