Current Page: 72 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: August 14, 2008 01:16PM

thanks Deja and Ring. You don"t know how much I appreciate your support.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 14, 2008 01:30PM

KevinReta........I want to apologize for being harsh in regards to your post. You have to realize the whole RLC and Tony baloney has me edgy at times. I sincerely forgive you and encourage you to keep posting. We should all feel free to post here without our posts being ripped apart or our testimonies be invalidated. Your testimony is yours and it is awesome. Ringbarer..........thanks for the reminder of what we are here for in your previous post about what Ryan posted. Again sorry Kevin and I am glad you are in a better place now. More later. Tony, you have created a mess and wreaked havoc in peoples lives as a result of your teachings.

Date: August 14, 2008 01:41PM

whatajoke
Kevin Reta............... there is a reason you are no longer a pastor. Please do not come on here and preach. You have already hurt and affected enough people. And really you come on here preaching and talking alot about yourself........... I, I , I , my life yada yada yada. You would serve better by coming on here humbly and acknowledging your part in the mess at RLC. Yes you are a victim also but you also affected other people and just like Ryan and Matt before are former representatives of the leadership at RLC.

Please. I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. The above post seems like an indictment against Kevin, Ryan. and Matt and that is not what I wanted to communicate. They are all victims and products of the spiritual abuse and misteachings of Tony and bottom line so am I. They did nothing that I didn't see that was handed down or taught by Tony. Tony seems to blame everyone but himself.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: August 14, 2008 02:20PM

whatajoke
KevinReta........I want to apologize for being harsh in regards to your post. You have to realize the whole RLC and Tony baloney has me edgy at times. I sincerely forgive you and encourage you to keep posting. We should all feel free to post here without our posts being ripped apart or our testimonies be invalidated. Your testimony is yours and it is awesome. Ringbarer..........thanks for the reminder of what we are here for in your previous post about what Ryan posted. Again sorry Kevin and I am glad you are in a better place now. More later. Tony, you have created a mess and wreaked havoc in peoples lives as a result of your teachings.

WAJ...

I thank you... Kevin is my friend... I do care for your health and I value you testimonies and I understand your frustration... thank you for your response and your willingness to hear and be objective... it shows that this forum is a place of forbearance and a place where people can come safely...

Posted by: BurnedByXians ()
Date: August 14, 2008 02:30PM

I also reacted rashly. I have dealt with this pain and frustration from rlc for so long that to see People here not accept one another just adds to the hurt. We should be able to express freely. That is why I will never say my real name because of the possible shutdown. This is a place for freedom to happen. When I made my name I was very angry with god and still am a bit but now I know it is the evils of tony. I am happy my post of anger did not show up.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 14, 2008 02:33PM

FYI~I am done posting, until further notice.
God Bless
Nicole

Date: August 14, 2008 02:35PM

Soma Notes
HEBREWS 13:7

"7 - Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith."

This scripture has been used WAY out of context. As I read through notes, I noticed a pattern of this being used as an example of imitating disciplers. Very destructive... the outcome was: imitation of clothing, hobbies, preferences, and especially linguistics. By imitating these items followers were considered wise, submissive, obedient, "planted by streams of water", fruitful, and were allowed to know more as a result. By continuing on this path, followers were also allowed more and more access to the imitated, furthering the damage by encouraging others to imitate them.

More notes to follow.

I was pouring over my notes last night and today and I cannot help but realize that you are absolutely right… very often the scripture is implied one way when it means something completely different… I know I should include an example but you all can see the time and the notes are in my closet… I need to find a way to scan and post….

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: August 14, 2008 08:59PM

whatajoke
Sorry, I do not have a "we are the world" story for life after RLC. For me life while at RLC and after has been a challenge. The life I had before RLC that I thought was so bad, looking back was pretty good. RLC tainted life and God for me and I am slowly working on it.

Clergy Abuse is a very serious offince and the underlying association is the pastor (the one representing God to the people ) is also the one doling out the abuse and manipulation. Unfortunatly for us victiums we will associate that abuse with God and that is the furthest thing from the truth.

Here is an idea that I would like to pose.. to set up an evening for us (the victiums of rlc) to get to get together for an evening of prayer and fellowship. An evening to encouragement and testimony.
what do you think?

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: August 14, 2008 11:42PM

To all,

I want to first apologize to anyone reading my posts if they have been offended, clearly that is not my intention in posting. My heart grieves for the hurting people and my hope is that people can see beyond their hurts and look to Christ for their comfort. My hope and prayer is for restoration and healing for the body of Christ. I know that sharing testimony is part of the healing process. It is good to hear the testimonies of others and we are all at various stages of our journey. I know for one that I kept things bottled up inside for so long that sharing has helped me. That being said, I really appreciated Shane's openness to speak with anyone regarding Shane's claims. Because I have made what may have appeared to be accusations about others, I too will make that same offer; my husband and I would be willing to sit down with anyone in or outside of RLC. If some of you haven't guessed already, my name is Karen Bianchini.

May God's grace shine down upon us all
In Jesus name, amen.

Date: August 15, 2008 01:19AM

Samantha,
Thank you for your post!! You nailed it on several topics… fear or leaving covering, pushing out the Holy Spirit, and thinking that submission to people over God is right… I did all of these things as well, I also tried so hard to just push out contrary thoughts in hopes that I was doing what was right…and I have seen people canned over and over in relationship and discipleship because they would not “submit” or questioned the authority… each item you listed I can provide an example of… so you are correct in your assessment and I know you don’t need me to tell you that…

I am happy that your family made your way out… I thank you for your post again because it really has helped others identify… what you spoke of is all too common and actually common practices at RLC… please feel free to share more… because there are so many viewing that have experience similar things…

Current Page: 72 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.