Current Page: 69 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: August 13, 2008 04:17AM

Soma Notes,
Your posting prompted me to pull out my old Sunday morning notes. It is ironic that you mentioned Elijah and Elisha. This is one of the teachings that was the foundation of spiritual parenting along with Paul calling Timothy his spiritual son. At any rate I recall this teaching on 4-24-05. Recently as I read my Bible I could hear Tony's voice in stating that Elijah rebuked Elisha as a result of Elisha wanting to turn back to his family by saying "what have I done to you!" As I was reading my Bible I noticed that there was no exclaimation point behind this. Elijah's response was simple, what have I done to you. It certainly could be preceived as: Yes, go back Elisha to your family and take care of business. Here are my notes from that day:

1 Kings 19
Exchange - People are unwilling to change there life or leave there comfort. We have to stay in a perpetual attitude of exchange. Where you are at the moment you need to increase. People are unwilling to let go. Elisha had 11 servants, plowing large fields. Elisha gave up everything!
1 Perceive - In order for us to do the exchange life as we know it, we have to perceive the goodness of God and what is being held before us.
2. Purge - Elisha burns the oxen. He doesn't leave them as a fall back plan. If you want to go with Jesus you need to break the ties that bind. (parable of the rich young ruler) Heb 12:1 Throw off everything that hinders. Peter throwing down his nets represented sources of security, income, etc.
3. Pursue - life is more than what you've experienced (it) will not fall in your lap. The responsibility is on us.
4. Persist - No one who has given up Father, Mother, etc. will not fail to recieve 10 fold.

While these examples are straight out of the Bible taken out of context can lead down a very dangerous path. One of which RLC is traveling. I remember Tony stating the verse regarding hating your mother and father, but did not explain it. He simply stated, "I didn't write the book". To hate was contrary to Jesus' Character he was simply stating that your love for your parents should pale in comparison to your love for Jesus.

These are the teachings that our sons and daughters are receiving to gear them up to severe the relationships with their family and move to go plant 100 churches as prophesied by Tony. Wake up people ~ this was exactly how Jim Jones started. I know some are probably reading thinking that I am crazy. Think about how many times Tony has talked about being acused of being a cult or cult leader. Why does his book say an "uncommon teaching by Tony Cunningham". Has the word of God become so watered down that we now need an Apostle like Tony to teach us these truths? That's what the Mormons thought about Joseph Smith.

I pray that we will know the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. In Christ I pray, amen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: August 13, 2008 04:33AM

Deja Vu

Also, what I would love to hear personally is how these notes affected you. I would also love to hear your personal experiences. Maybe we could all grow from them and they would encourage others as well. Thanks for taking the time to write all of that.

-Ryan-[/quote

I agree Ryan. Thanks for posting SomaNotes. I think that the notes itself really doesn"t tell you much. I am more interested in how it affected you. But, thanks and I will continue reading if you continue to post. I just remember being hammered about how jacked up I am, submitting to authority, and giving everything up to serve and follow (including friends and family). Also, alot of bs about coverings and tony being an apostle. I also didn"t appreciate the attitude towards other churches. I wish I still had my notes.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 13, 2008 04:50AM

There is so much emphasis on authority, but when I stepped back and thought about it, I agree authority in a church is important. HOWEVER: that authority is to remain in the church setting. No authority should have any say about what job you take or how to cut your hair. The authority is there to lead the goings on at the church fellowship. The only authority I give anyone is in a specific area. My boss is the authority of what I do at work, she yay or nays decisions. The pastor that oversees the ministry that I am in is the authority of me in that ministry, giving a yay or nay on decisions, and lastly my parents until I am married, have the authority to give yay or nays on my decisions. I of course have the ultimate responsibilty for the actions I take. I could get fired, or lose my posistion in ministry, or run the risk of hurting relationship with my parents, but it is all my responsibilty.
I hope that this makes sense. Basically what I am trying to says is that no one should be given that much authority into one persons life.
I believe in good counsel and God ordained authority.
God gave us all the holy spirit to guide us in areaas of:
What house to buy
what car to drive
what job to take
to go to school or not to go to school
Who to marry
what state I live in
ETC..

again I hope this makes sense!

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: August 13, 2008 07:39AM

when you think back to the SOMA classes I am still surprised that I did not reconize these manipulative techniques that Tony uses. For instance he let some one who was faking it lead the worship then in walks the almighty Tony and the whole group would compeete at trying to look like they were really into worshiping the Lord. Looking back I believe some were in a tranz like state of mind. I remember one time tony getting up to teach and he brought up the subject of how churches select pastors using a selection committy. he then po-po'ed that practice by comparing it to his wife finding a new husband if something were to happen to Tony. he said that would like the kids getting together and forming a committy to find mom a new husband. Letting the kids interview al the prospective husbands.. then he made a big deal about the committy having the authority to select the next husband and how obsured that would be, then yelling at the SOMA students he Yelled "why do we allow that tradition to go on and on in every church?"

it is tactics like this that get people to re-think their beliefe system thinking "well, he may have a point here since he is the "man of god" and that was such a wonderful time of worship...I'll have to let that one work its way on my heart." then over a period of time your believing Tonys lies and twisted scripture.

What ever happened to Tony being accountable to Pastor Esley Simions? boy was that a short lived relationship.

and most recently Pastor Wally?
did Tony or the SOMA students ever send there support to pastor Gary in the phillippines?

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record or a skipping CD but as much as some of you feel sorry for Tony becoming a "victium of himself" the DR. Jackel & Mr. Hyde syndrome. Don't let down your guard for a moment with emotions we have a false prophet, false teacher, and false apostle among us and the responsibility is at Tonys hands then to the Elders who have encouraged on the false teachings and the ones who have tolorated the teachings!!

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: August 13, 2008 08:07AM

I remember that teaching clearly as well Braveheart... more later... much is happening...

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: August 13, 2008 12:18PM

Ok… I’m back… WOW what a week… I could not even begin to tell you all how it was except that it was very productive.

I wanted to tell everyone viewing and participating that I am again very thankful for this site and for those of you who speak out as you feel fit. I can tell you that more people than I could have imagined are being encouraged and effected by this forum and I am happy to say its become popular in a positive way… as a result I want to ask everyone posting to participate in something with me. I think we all have made it clear that RLC and Tony have had a negative effect on not only those posting but far more individuals and families. However, the much more prominent part for me is what has happened as a result of my leaving…

So I am encouraging us all to post on how we are now as a result of leaving RLC…

You see I was very hesitant to speak against or question RLC and therefore very unsure when on my way out. Yet today as I look back I can know testify that my life has become exponentially better since I have left the “covering” and “blessing” of RLC and Tony’s leadership. I what to credit God in saying from the time of my leaving until now my family has become stronger, my finances have increased, my children have improved in their health, my relationships with true friends has exploded, I have experienced and continue to experience resolve and peace in my life and what I am doing, I feel like God is good with me and understands where I am at, I have faith and true convictions that have more to do with a real world view than a RLC façade, I am HAPPY, I am confident, I am no longer confused, striving, feeling guilt, have fear, feel inadequate, feel condemned, chasing empty promises, or feel tired and emotionally spent… I am now, after leaving RLC, doing better than I ever have in m life. Not everything is perfect and that is the beauty… because I understand that no one is perfect, including Tony, and I can only be who I am before God… I am sooo accepting and forgiving of those getting out of RLC because I can identify. I am immensely grateful to those on this site who are willing to show that they have been there too…

And while some of these things are tangible and may not be evidence in your eyes I encourage you to ask those that know me how I am doing as a person now…

I AM THE DEFINITION OF FREE!!! I am only me… and I am content before God and man…

My wife said to me today that what is done on this site is the public acknowledgment that people are not alone in their feelings or hurts as they find their way out. She went on to remind me how lonely our exit was because we had almost nobody that could identify with our situation… yet she also reminded me that today, what we do hear is offer even those just reading, the reassurance that YOU ARE NOT ALONE, WE GET IT AND WE HAVE BEEN THERE… YOU ARE NOT CRAZY OR BAD AND YOU DON’T JUST “DONT GET IT”… there is life after leaving RLC and you don’t have to feel bad about getting to it.

I know that as we post to those reading our experiences, not only of injustice but of the better life that follows, people will be encouraged… and it is the whole story when we include how the pieces are being picked up rather than just the destruction we encountered…

IF YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY OUT YOU HAVE SUPPORT… YOU HAVE PEOPLE EVEN BYOND THIS SITE WHO HAVE DONE IT AS WELL… YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE CURESED BY GOD, YOU WILL NOT HAVE BLESING YANKED FROM YOUR LIFE AND YOU ARE NOT SUBJECTING YOURSELF TO CROOKED PATHS BY NOT FOLLOWNG THE TEACHINGS YOU HAVE FOR SO LONG… GOD AS BEEN WITH YOU THE WHOLE WAY AND WILL NOT LEAVE YOU NOW… TRUST ME…

Posted by: Abused ()
Date: August 13, 2008 01:50PM

Abused
Why do people take scripture and create systems that put things into controllable boxes that explain what God has chosen to, not explain. But there’s the problem. You see they coin terms and create paradigms that force you into an either or that scripture does not force you into. Then they take these coined terms and created paradigms and they demand that you and I take a side. And then they separate from all who disagree with their side. I believe it is just a step above demonic. You see it all over the place, words that are not in scripture that men create to kind of take a side. You see it, churches will split over are you pre-millennial? all millennial? Or are you post millennial? There’s another one, another word a term that is not ever set against it’s self in scripture ‘charismatic’. Are you Charismatic? Or are you not Charismatic? I’ll separate fellowship with you, I swear! Just let me know are ya Charismatic or not just tell me!.and people separate Fellowship over it.

Here is new paradigm at Radiant Life….they call it Spiritual Parenting. You ask me, What does it mean? I don’t really know….but it was explained to me like this…it kind of looks kind of like Paul and Timothy…as Paul refers to Timothy as his son…so I am told. So what does it look like in the church it was a concept that was originally introduced to the SOMA students and the leadership members…and now we have people breaking off relationships with their birth parents and being adopted as new spiritual children…people who are ranging from 16-50+. Where is it taught in the bible?....I don’t know…I can not find anything in my bible that teaches this…
Husbands and wives coming under “the covering” of another couple in discipleship and then becoming “Spiritual Parents to the couple they are discipling. this teaaching is wacked. Many youth and collage age students have gone to their birth parents and informed them that their way are but filthy rags and that they will not have anything to do with the birth parents any more.

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: August 13, 2008 02:16PM

Ring Barer,

Since leaving RLC, here is my testimony. First, once I made the decision to leave I felt like there was a huge burden lifted off my shoulders. The first three months was tough though trying to locate a new church, I really wanted to find a church home quickly but I knew it would be a process. The Lord was gracious and lead our family to a wonderful new church home. I am growing in my relationship with the Lord. My relationship with my husband improved immediately as we were no longer arguing over the church. I have received favor at work and received a promotion and our earnings have increased by 25%. My son is involved in youth ministry and he no longer has an attitude of not wanting to attend church. Both my husband and I are involved in ministry and we love it. We have established friendships with people at the church and our family relationships are flourishing. I am recognizing who I am in Christ and there is a freedom that I have never felt before. God is restoring my ability to trust again. I am still healing and some of the old stuff still comes up. This forum has been instrumental in my healing process. I am learning to be bold and speak up when I see things that I don't understanding or what I perceive to be wrong. I am blessed and in a good place in my life.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 13, 2008 03:03PM

Matt, you are brillant!!! I want to share some of my experiences since leaving.
As I has stated before, when I came forward and spoke to my only accountable leader at RLC about leaving, I worried that I would sense this great sense of doom. Like what on earth have I just done! Well I never once have felt like that at all!
It is so funny, Matt, that you would post this suggestion. before I signed on and read this I was thinking about how God is blessing me!! I will admit that at first it was a bit of a struggle to find a church in which I felt comfortable. About 5 months after leaving I found a fellowship that I connected to. It was kind of funny but, my parents had been part of a small group already at the church and had somehow discussed my love for all things Jane Austen with one of the ladies in there small group. A couple sundays later my dad introduced me to that lady who happened to share in my love for Jane Austen, and the first thing that she did was throw her arms arounds me and in a warm southern accent said "Oh, it is so nice to meet you honey! I cried. I had not felt so welcome in a church in a very very long time. She happened to have a daughter my age, with whom I am friends with now.
To add to it I have more than 1 person that I can call friend and that I would hang out with, at this church. It has meant so much to me to walk in to the church building and not have to sit by myself. I have good friends from RLC, most of them don't attend there anymore.
I serve with the youth ministry at my church and I feel so useful, I get to love on the youth and just hang out with them. I noticed the other day that the younger girls will walk up to me and call me friend, and I actually get to love them, just by being there and listening to them. I also noticed that I no longer speak to people with the " I hope that the leadership sees how spiritual I am" thoughts. The youth ministry is changin seasons for the better and has changed the worship ministry as well. I get to serve in a capacity I never thought I would get to again. As a matter of fact I get to stretch my skills and serve the worship team more than I did while I was at RLC.
The other day at youth group we had the circle of girls encourage each other. The overall consensis about me was that I was genuine. You could always tell how I feel. I am upfront and real. No matter how I am feeling I am real. People seem to apprieciate it when you do not put on a mask in front of them. But on top of all of that they said to me that I was an encouragement to them. I could not ask for a better compliment. Now I don't say this to "toot my own horn" But to put it like this. At RLC I was stifled. People could always see how I was feeling but it was always ignored or mistaken for something else. It is okay for me to have had a rough day, It is okay for me to be in a "not great mood" I can be tired without being accused of not being planted by the stream of living water. It's like: Look, I worked all day for goodness sakes and now I am here to serve, so what if I am tired. I am here aren't I?

God has blessed me beyond belief. I am in a job where I make more money, I feel like I make a difference in my co-workers day. I live in a comfortable home, yes with my parents. My relationship with my parents is not strained. I don't feel like I am trying to hop on a bandwagon or be super spiritual. I get to be me. the way God created me to be. I have peace. I am excited to see where he is leading me. Is life absolutly perfect. NO! Is life good YES! You know what? My heavenly Father still loves me, even though I am painfully flawed! Good things are coming for me, I can actually feel it now.
I know that this was long winded, and maybe a little bit "eveywhere" But it is 11pm at night and this chick is tired! So hopefully this is clear and helpful to at least one person.

Love,
Nicole Bianchini
Sister in Christ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2008 03:11PM by Escapee07.

Posted by: kevinreta ()
Date: August 14, 2008 04:06AM

WAZZZZZZZZZZZZ UUUUUUUUUPPPP!!!!!!!

Hi everyone it's me the one and only KEVIN RETA (formally known as Pastor Kevin Reta)

First of all, let me start off by apologizing to anyone I led, that if I hurt you or spoke some type of condeming word over you, I am sorry. [...]

Secondly, thank you everyone for sharing, it took Guts to speak on a forum like this and may God bless you all for helping liberate others and welcome those who are coming out of "the system" and although I don't agree with every single thing spoken, I am so greatful that we are speaking and helping eachother heal and encourage eachother in our walk with Christ!
My reason in writing on this forum is not to dog Tony or RLC but to share with what God is doing in our lives!! Although I walked through HELL recently with the divorce of Bridget and I, as well as me simultaniously being let go from RLC, I can say this, I AM SO GREATFUL THAT JESUS WALKED WITH ME IN MY DARKEST HOUR AND THAT HE DID NOT TURN HIS BACK ON ME! I remember being so alone, afraid and so scared, but he stayed by my side. He is amazing! I am seeing more miricles in my life today then i did as a Pastor under RLC. By the way may God bless RLC for if there was no RLC then I wouldn't have met you. I have prayed for people and have seen them healed instantly, I make twice as much money and work a hell of alot less, BRIDGET are becoming better friends each day (by the way LORD especially beless her,.. cuz Lord,..she hella fine ..thanks Lord) , i spend so much more quality time with my children, I am a lot nicer too, still funny yo, I am being reaquinted with B.C. friends as well as A.D. friends, i am closer to my blood family (they are so happy to have me back!!) and there is SO MUCH PEACE IN MY LIFE! I am not stessed out and gone is that condeminig, acusing voice I heard for so long! I am so much less "spiritual" today but watching Jesus work through me more then ever. Are there still tough days, yea. Is my life perfect, almost :) There is hella freedom on this side of "the sytem" I can finally be me and not worry a damn about what people think! I don't give a shiate about what people think. Jesus LOVE him some Kevin Reta and that's all that matters to me!

So I want to share with ya'll this picture i had the other morning when i was praying but let me say Hi first to two great guys..

"was sup cuz" (Matt) and "hi Ryan" (Ryan)

ok so back to the picture I had when praying here goes,

I saw people slidding down a chute into two massive grinding wheel gears. The people were being crushed into nothing and coming out of the other side of the gears was the only remains of the people. The juice that was in them. New wine was flowing from this presss and the Lord had a wine gobblet underneath the press. He was filling his glass and drinking the wine. He enjoyed the wine. It was refreashing and pleasing to Him.

I belive Jesus is pressing out of us the best! And that we can either enjoy the fruit of the press with Him or hate it. I'd rather be a sweet wine then a bitter one. I don't want to be spit out because I can't forgive or let go of offensenses done to me. i believe we all, including Tony are or will be going through the press. I believe we also have a choice in our out come. Better to be pressed then left to dry up and be a raisin. If you are hurting or are mad or depressed or whatever give all your emotions, feelings, etc.. to Jesus cast all your shiate on Him he will absorbe it all! I promise! We are going to be ok! I belive a major outpouring of the Holy Spirit is here, an outpouring of peace, love and forgivness and we really can be a part of it.
Next time when i write i'll tell you how I once cussed out Jesus and the result was a supernatural encounter with a woman I never met which lead to her salvation! Until nextime, love you guys and i hope to see ya'all soon!

Sincerly,

Kevin Reta

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 04:17AM by rrmoderator.

Current Page: 69 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.