Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: Miki ()
Date: April 30, 2009 08:31AM

Dear Trouble and TPCAttender,

I really think that you should remove yourselves from the forum. It's upsetting and adding salt to the wound. People here are trying to get on with our lives and re-learning who God is and His amazing Grace and Love.

It's very overwhelming having you come on this forum and litterally throwing things in our face. TPC is NOT a biblical church. It is a "man made" church. We can't and have no right to convince you of this, so I ask, please leave the forum. It's more disruptive to other's and I'm sure you don't want to harm other's.....

Blessings, Miki

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 30, 2009 08:40AM

Hey there LearningPoint,

Don't worry.... I was just explaining to others MY reason's for dancing. Just didn't want other's to Lump dancers all in one category. I definately know you understand the worship stuff. love ya! by the way, you're totally rock'n!

Date: April 30, 2009 09:25AM

OMG!!! I just read this and read it to my husband!!! I cannot believe the coverup that's happening at TPC! This e-mail by Kim Barnes is downright a lie. Apostle Tony & Apostle Mike or they both think they're above Apostleship. I need to take a break from this...... it's really upsetting! HEEEEELLLLP! I'm confused!

Miki

Quote:
KIM BARNS
Dear Dan,
Thank you for your email. I was not aware of the news regarding the churches. I just read your email and wanted to respond quickly since I will be out of town for 4 days. Pastor Tony is not affiliated with SOMA NW College. Tony has had opportunity to teach as our school, the last time being about 10 months ago at a Strategic Advance Intensive.

I am going to take this information to our Senior Pastor Mike Villamor and elders and we will do some investigating on our own. We will be calling you soon. I would like to ask if you could please not put of church or school in the website until we can have time to respond in more detail.

Here are some quick answers to a few of your questions (I will answer the rest when I have more time and I will talk to you on the phone): Do we practice Spiritual Parenting? No. Spiritual Covering, Discipleship, and Covenant Relationships? Not like it is taught and practiced at Radiant Life, although there are teachings on these in the bible. Pastor Mike did a year long teaching on Discipleship "Into the Nations" - becoming a disciple of Jesus. You can probably hear some of the messages on the web.

We are in no way (never have been) affiliated with Radiant Life Church.

You asked: How much money has Turning Point given Tony for SOMA Sacramento? $0.

I look forward to talking with you.

Kim Barnes

Elder and Dean of Students

Turning Point Church

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: April 30, 2009 09:45AM

Maybe the conversation with Attender and Trouble should be moved to the *debate* thread, so as not to upset those who are here for support as they are healing from the abuses that they've experienced at TP. I understand your questions, attender and trouble, and while I agree with the others here and question your motives, I am personally glad that you are posting, and seeking truth. However, I think that we need to be sensitive to the feelings of others.....so I would like to respectfully ask that if you have anymore responses or questions that you state them in the other TP thread, designated for coversation and/or debate.

Posted by: tpcwocattender ()
Date: April 30, 2009 09:47AM

I have said that I can not be offended but I think I am by your comment Miki. Are you kidding me? We aren't helping you move on? So you get the opportunity to talk and ask questions but we don't? You can use this forum to state whatever you want and we can't? You have the right to be correct in all your thinkings and come to your own conclusions and we don't? You get to determine what 'TURNING POINT CHURCH WORLD OUTREACH CENTER-TELL YOUR STORY' means and we don't?

Might I suggest that since you have had the chance to voice your story and have clearly moved on maybe you should stop reading and let the new members go through the same process you did.

Why can't we have a conversation? Prov. 27:17 says that as iron sharpens irons so one man sharpens another. Meaning two opposings positions when worked through makes each individual stronger. I have asked questions. I have made statements. I have challenged thought and perspective. I have never demanded an answer regardless of how painful it is for someone to re-live. People have responded out of there own free will.

Can I say for the record that I have never claimed the doctrine being taught is correct or biblical. I have stated that I am on a journey to find truth. And when possible first hand accounts.

I would be up to starting a new thread. How about 'TPCWOC-AN OPEN DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ISSUES'

What do you all think?

Posted by: tpcwocattender ()
Date: April 30, 2009 11:18AM

Clearly everyone misunderstood my statement on the justin peters video.

Just to make it clear I did not expect you guys to hold my hand. I do appreciate the willingness to help D-o-D.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: April 30, 2009 12:16PM

TP Attender, I haven't heard from you on this one? Cat got your tongue?

LearningPoint
Hi again, Attender.

I think it's easy when you WANT things to be OK to ignore or minimize glaring problems. I did that for quite a while at TP, until I just couldn't do it any more. I guess I'm really perplexed as to how you are able to hear Jackie's testimony and the testimony of others and still take the attitude of, "If it hasn't happened to me, it doesn't really apply to me." Sounds like Thomas. I mean, if you can discount our testimonies by chalking them up to malice and hatred, OK. I can understand your approach. But if you think our testimonies are credible, does what we're warning about have to happen to you for it to be validated? Can you really so calmly and "objectively" watch so many people being shot down, wounded, falling all around you, and not believe there's a sniper in the house?

Honestly, I think if leadership hasn't felt threatened by your questions, then you haven't hit a nerve. Or they're humoring you like they've humored others of us. You may be in "leadership," but from what your posts indicate, I doubt they truly value you or your perspective. You pose no perceived threat, so they're not concerned. I know I'm speculating, but I'd be willing to bet the farm on it.

And, bottom line, I will continue to contend for the truth in teaching. Sound doctrine is not merely a matter of "perspective" but of "rightly dividing the Word of truth." God wouldn't instruct us to do it if it weren't possible to do. I hope you'll be able to watch the Word-Faith movement video in its entirety, listening to what the guy is saying without trying to initially determine what applies to TP and what does not. Just to get the information first; then have it in mind when you're testing and weighing the teachings/sermons.

It's not a matter of Mike articulating every aspect of the doctrine from the pulpit, but rather his embracing them in his mind and then preaching the logical outcomes or applications of them, such as the belief/teaching that salvation and physical healing are inseparable, that you can't have one without the other. Mike preached this very sermon when I was attending TP. I did not know that he had changed his perspective nor retracted his initial stance. From what Mike has revealed about himself in sermons and in lifestyle, he loves material things, and prosperity doctrine is a convenient drum to beat if one wants to justify gratifying a personal yen for stuff. But the only drum any church should be beating is the drum of the true Gospel and the Lordship of Jesus Christ. The focus on prosperity is an evil in itself. Jesus himself said, "The poor you will always have with you." We are to minister to the poor, but it is not God's mandate for us to work to aleviate poverty. It is our mandate to spread the gospel (even as we minsiter to the poor). Luke 6:20: Looking at his disciples, he said: "Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God."

Also, Mike embraces Benny Hinn as an a-OK teacher. That shows a definite lack of knowledge of Hinn's well-known and well-documented heresies and demonstrates a lack of understanding of biblical content since Mike can't see why Hinn is dangerous. If Mike is unable to detect even the most obvious heretics of our day, and even looks to them as true men of God, how will you ever be able to trust that those heresies are not being slipped into the messages and little by little infecting your own perspective and your family's? Satan is subtle; he gives us lies in small doses until we can "handle" more, until our lie detectors are rendered ineffective.

Also, would you mind double-checking: is it United Global Ministries or Global Harvest Ministries that Mike will be assuming a leadership role in?

From your own words on here, it seems clear to me that your own thinking has already been infected with Mike's mantra, with Ken Ralston's thoroughgoing unbiblical prosperity perspective, to which Mike is giving credence and taking heed. The evidence is abundant, but you cannot see it. I believe your attempt to remain objective in the face of glaring evidence is hurting your ability to see things for what they are. (It's kind of like when the United States would not "see" what Hitler was doing and intending until Pearl Harbor happened.)

Finally, I find it interesting the way you preemptively say, "I know what you guys are going to say..." It's a kind of way to pre-discredit our responses. A person who is ready to listen will not sweep away an anticipated rebuttal in this way. It's saying, in essence, "I know what you're going to say, so don't bother saying it."

In the end, you'll either need to be OK with being led by a delusional, self-appointed apostle who will not or cannot discern true teaching from false, or you'll have to walk away. I don't see where secondary issues make much difference after establishing these primary things.

Date: April 30, 2009 12:20PM

Miki
Hey there LearningPoint,

Don't worry.... I was just explaining to others MY reason's for dancing. Just didn't want other's to Lump dancers all in one category. I definately know you understand the worship stuff. love ya! by the way, you're totally rock'n!

Thanks, Miki. :)

Date: April 30, 2009 12:39PM

But perhaps you could respond on the other thread.

Thanks, Attender.

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: April 30, 2009 10:52PM

M&M,

I tried to send you a private message, but your inbox was full.....can you shoot me a message, please.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.