Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: May 01, 2009 04:14AM

tpcwocattender
I have said that I can not be offended but I think I am by your comment Miki. Are you kidding me? We aren't helping you move on? So you get the opportunity to talk and ask questions but we don't? You can use this forum to state whatever you want and we can't? You have the right to be correct in all your thinkings and come to your own conclusions and we don't? You get to determine what 'TURNING POINT CHURCH WORLD OUTREACH CENTER-TELL YOUR STORY' means and we don't?

Might I suggest that since you have had the chance to voice your story and have clearly moved on maybe you should stop reading and let the new members go through the same process you did.

Why can't we have a conversation? Prov. 27:17 says that as iron sharpens irons so one man sharpens another. Meaning two opposings positions when worked through makes each individual stronger. I have asked questions. I have made statements. I have challenged thought and perspective. I have never demanded an answer regardless of how painful it is for someone to re-live. People have responded out of there own free will.

Can I say for the record that I have never claimed the doctrine being taught is correct or biblical. I have stated that I am on a journey to find truth. And when possible first hand accounts.

I would be up to starting a new thread. How about 'TPCWOC-AN OPEN DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ISSUES'

What do you all think?

There already are threads of this nature. It might be better for us to take our conversation there, as Brokenhearted suggested.

I have to wonder what your real purpose is here, though. You seem pretty unconcerned--even aloof to me, dude. I'm surprised you COULD be offended. And for the record, you're the one who asked for scriptural substantiation for the video. What ELSE did you mean that we so obviously missed?

This whole passive-agressive approach you're taking here is entirely transparent. It's not your being on here that is troubling people; it's your insincerity, which is also glaringly obvious. In my experience, it's status quo for Turning Point leadership to think they're "a little bit superior" to the rest of the folks, including the notion that they are smarter than the rest of us, which is something they may think they hide well, but they don't. It's not that I feel I need to establish whether or not they are or aren't smarter or more spiritual or whatever; it's just that it cuts off relationship and the true environment in which iron COULD sharpen iron.

By your own words you have demonstrated that you have no intention of "being sharpened" here. You have come on to run interference. No one here can stop you from trying to carry out your "secret mission," but I will suggest (since you already know what we are going to say, so we really don't need to say it anyway) that people on here don't attempt to respond to nor pay any attention to your posts.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2009 04:41AM by LearningPoint.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tpcwocattender ()
Date: May 01, 2009 04:50AM

LP - you didn't read my response to the obvious misunderstanding that was made as a result of my justin peters comment. I didn't make myself clear, I was only saying that though good I would not show this video as my sole argument against the false teaching of word of faith due to its lack of scriptural reference. It is helpful to people who are not clear on theological matters to have scriptures. It was said that I have no notion of being sharpened here. How do you know if I have been challenged or my opinion changed? Is that based on the fact that I haven't left? That I haven't posted it? This is not a good way to measure that.

To whomever: I will say this and this is not for everyone. My motives have been in question literally from the moment I started posting. I have been accused of being on secret missions and that I have not given the posts here merit. You don't know me or my motives yet here you have publically called me out without even asking me (you can PM me). Was I guilty before being proven innocent? Seems I have had to prove my allegiance to a given perspective or else I can't post here without scrutiny. This is how I have been made to feel by some of the replies and statements about me. There have been those who have PM me and we have talked. I will even give you my phone number so we can talk in person, and I have done just that.

I will stop posting here and go to the other thread. Please don't go to the other thread if you want to judge me or others who ask questions and post objections or challenges. (for some reason my posts are taking up to a day to make it to the forum, don't know why that is but it makes it difficult to have as close to a real time conversation as possible)

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: May 01, 2009 06:08AM

tpcwocattender
I have said that I can not be offended but I think I am by your comment Miki. Are you kidding me? We aren't helping you move on? So you get the opportunity to talk and ask questions but we don't? You can use this forum to state whatever you want and we can't? You have the right to be correct in all your thinkings and come to your own conclusions and we don't? You get to determine what 'TURNING POINT CHURCH WORLD OUTREACH CENTER-TELL YOUR STORY' means and we don't?

Might I suggest that since you have had the chance to voice your story and have clearly moved on maybe you should stop reading and let the new members go through the same process you did.

Why can't we have a conversation? Prov. 27:17 says that as iron sharpens irons so one man sharpens another. Meaning two opposings positions when worked through makes each individual stronger. I have asked questions. I have made statements. I have challenged thought and perspective. I have never demanded an answer regardless of how painful it is for someone to re-live. People have responded out of there own free will.

Can I say for the record that I have never claimed the doctrine being taught is correct or biblical. I have stated that I am on a journey to find truth. And when possible first hand accounts.

I would be up to starting a new thread. How about 'TPCWOC-AN OPEN DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ISSUES'

What do you all think?

For the record Attender... I have NOT shared my spiritual abuse here on the forum because I have not felt that it's time for me to do this. So before you say things.... GET THE "TRUTH" straight! Also, you haven't "demanded answers, however, you CHOSE to judge people on this forum! How dare you! As Jesus would say "Get away from me Satan!" You will not tear me down. The enemy will not ever divide my family up. The enemy will not have HIS way and that goes for you!

Yes! Make your own thread... then you and all the other TPC people can say how great life is with TPC ~ YOUR choice NOT mines! YOUR live NOT mines! Lastly, I have a really good life! We are such a blessed family with a great church.

Date: May 01, 2009 06:20AM

Well said LearningPoint! You're always so good with godly wisdom and words!

Posted by: tpcwocattender ()
Date: May 01, 2009 06:33AM

Miki
tpcwocattender

What do you all think?

For the record Attender... I have NOT shared my spiritual abuse here on the forum because I have not felt that it's time for me to do this. So before you say things.... GET THE "TRUTH" straight! Also, you haven't "demanded answers, however, you CHOSE to judge people on this forum! How dare you! As Jesus would say "Get away from me Satan!" You will not tear me down. The enemy will not ever divide my family up. The enemy will not have HIS way and that goes for you!

Yes! Make your own thread... then you and all the other TPC people can say how great life is with TPC ~ YOUR choice NOT mines! YOUR live NOT mines! Lastly, I have a really good life! We are such a blessed family with a great church.

I know I said I would not post here again. Sorry for not sticking with that. It has been made known to me that you have to put in a subject when private messaging someone. I do 90% of my discussions on this forum on my blackberry and with the way this forum is formatted I never saw that my PM's were not going out. I have made several attempts to contact various people on this forum and never got a response, now I know why. My last PM was to Miki after I made the rhetorical response to what she posted. It was to apologize for letting my emotions and frustrations get the best of me and to ask for her forgiveness. She never got it because it never when out late last night. So I am using this medium to get it out because Miki has asked that I not send her a PM again.

Miki - I was frustrated and wrong to post what I did. Please forgive me.

Thanks

Posted by: Jael ()
Date: May 01, 2009 07:32AM

I have been following this forum pretty much since the beginning, like page 6, 7. Thanks to TP's abuse to me personally, I had to take time to build trust in a church body again, I'm still leary. I still walk on egg shells, I know I am safe in God's arms, I test and weigh motives and statements. It has taken Trouble's post to awaken this sleeping warrior. The moment I read the first paragraph my blood was boiling. So, first I have to say thank you to Trouble, for if you hadn't posted I would still be a sleeping warrior. I want to share my thoughts about what I read in Trouble's post, I also realize it would have to be in snipets. Just WAY too much! for one posting.

I would like to say Attendee's post has not sparked me like Trouble's. I sense Attendee is looking into finding the truth. Yes, Attendee has come across unconcerned, but Attendee must not have been attacked, vitcimized, abused by anyone at TP, as a lot of us have. I hope we on this forum can see that TP has a curtain covering their eyes, ears, hearts and minds to the facts and the truth to those who still attend. I feel Attendee is in this forum to see for themself which is truth, what the leadership at TP are saying and what is said here on this forum. Especially since they themself have not experienced the ABUSE, they can't know the hurt, pain, the gamit of emotions we who have come out at TP. That goes for the False doctrine too! If you are told something and you don't dig into God's word and test and weigh all things, you just follow along and believe what is said as the truth. TP doesn't encourage people to question what is said there.

Posted by: outreach ()
Date: May 01, 2009 08:20AM

Welcome JAEL,

outreach

Date: May 01, 2009 09:34AM

Hello JAEL

Posted by: M&M ()
Date: May 01, 2009 12:16PM

For those who tried to private message me about the group I am sorry I let it get full please try now.

We will be starting May 14

Date: May 01, 2009 01:55PM

Welcome JAEL. Thanks for sharing.

M&M its good to see you. I think your class is a great idea.

Miki God is your strength! Be gentle with TPCattender. I think we can extend grace and still be cautious. By the way, I am glad you have posted and hopefully one day you will feel the time is right to share your story.

For some reason, I have had a calm peace come over me regarding TPc and all that God is doing there. This is new for me. I am unable to put my finger on anything specific but I keep thinking, "The battle is the Lords". Pray for TPc. They are at a critical time and place. Continue to pray for Mike and Cyndi as they need to experience God's conviction is deep and profound ways; pray for the Elders and the Deacons-all are wrestling with the truth and are struggling with how to proceed. Pray for the children of these families. Please pray for the children. Pray for new people coming into the doors of TPc that their eyes would be open to the truth-new people see disharmony sooner than regular attenders. Pray for their protection. Pray for those who are confronted with the reality of leaving their church home-they will experience real grief-as each of you have. Pray, friends, Pray.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.