Current Page: 100 of 351
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: May 03, 2009 07:28AM

May 1st message for the friday night fan the flame service was about slander and gossip and was preached by spin master Pastor Jeff Barnes. This is the new cultic tactic he is using by attacking anybody who has concerns or questions about all the false teaching and to keep people from reading the forum. Pastor Jeff Barnes is on the attack mode against anybody who has been on the forum. Pastor Jeff Barnes wants to play the victim of slander and gossip instead of doing his research on the false doctrines and standing up and being a man of God and expose the real reason for the division and disunity that Pastor Mikes false teachings has caused at TPWOC. People are leaving and Pastor Jeff Barnes is getting desperate so he is trying to control the mess. Pastor Jeff Barnes lacks biblical knowledge of the false doctrines that have crept into TPWOC and he is under the covering of the apostle Mike and would never ever go against his great spiritual leader. I hope this is not considered slander or gossip. Pastor Jeff Barnes its about false doctrine,doctrine,doctrine! 2 Tim 4 I give you this charge, preach the word, be prepared in season and out of season, correct, rebuke and encourage with great patience and careful instruction. For a time will come (and has come to TPWOC) when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. Fight the fight ,finished the race, keep the faith Eph 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants tossed back and forth by the waves and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.Pastor Jeff Barnes we love you and are praying for you to do the right thing and stand up against all the false doctrines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2009 07:30AM by buddy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 03, 2009 08:47AM

While I am not a lawyer (and would not want to be because they work to many hours), I think I can express my personal opinion based on what I have read, researched, and concluded. Perhaps we all need to include a legal disclaimer that we can all use when we post.

Legal Disclaimer: The following is my personal opinion[/color] based on the fact I learned to read, reason, listen, and draw intelligent conclusions from information that I have found or have been emailed and then researched on my own. ]If you do not wish to read my personal opinion about matters that concern me about a church I used to attend -- you are in the wrong place.[/b]

By definition gossip is idle talk or rumor. about the personal or private affairs of others. Hmmmmmmmmm, I do not think that applies to this forum. As a group, we have kept the majority of our comments to the way TPC is operated (with money we gave and which was not used how we intended), difference in opinions on church doctrine and church government, the lack of accountability of the Pastor of a church which we had attended for years, failure of the Elders to fulfill their Biblical duties as Elders. While the 1st Amendment of the Constitution protects the right of TPCWOC to worship God anyway they choose, it also protects our right to speak our mind.

Since Pastor Mike posts his sermons and other video media on the internet. Has been widely quoted in the press about various matters. He has opened up TPC for fair comment.

Fair Comment

n. a statement of opinion (no matter how ludicrous) based on facts which are correctly stated and which does not allege dishonorable motives on the part of the target of the comment. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that to protect free speech, statements made about a public person (politician, officeholder, movie star, author, etc.), even though untrue and harmful, are fair comment unless the victim can prove the opinions were stated maliciously-with hate, dislike, intent and/or desire to harm. Thus, a public figure may not sue for defamation based on published opinions or alleged information which would be the basis of a lawsuit if said or published about a private person not worthy of opinion or comment. This is a crucial defense against libel suits put up by members of the media.

Daughter of Dorcas

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2009 08:51AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Date: May 03, 2009 01:21PM

buddy
May 1st message for the friday night fan the flame service was about slander and gossip and was preached by spin master Pastor Jeff Barnes. This is the new cultic tactic he is using by attacking anybody who has concerns or questions about all the false teaching and to keep people from reading the forum. Pastor Jeff Barnes is on the attack mode against anybody who has been on the forum. Pastor Jeff Barnes wants to play the victim of slander and gossip instead of doing his research on the false doctrines and standing up and being a man of God and expose the real reason for the division and disunity that Pastor Mikes false teachings has caused at TPWOC. People are leaving and Pastor Jeff Barnes is getting desperate so he is trying to control the mess. Pastor Jeff Barnes lacks biblical knowledge of the false doctrines that have crept into TPWOC and he is under the covering of the apostle Mike and would never ever go against his great spiritual leader. I hope this is not considered slander or gossip. Pastor Jeff Barnes its about false doctrine,doctrine,doctrine! 2 Tim 4 I give you this charge, preach the word, be prepared in season and out of season, correct, rebuke and encourage with great patience and careful instruction. For a time will come (and has come to TPWOC) when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. Fight the fight ,finished the race, keep the faith Eph 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants tossed back and forth by the waves and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.Pastor Jeff Barnes we love you and are praying for you to do the right thing and stand up against all the false doctrines.

Hey Buddy-do they record the Fan the Flame Service? I would like to get a mp3 of this service.

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: May 03, 2009 01:39PM

I just listened to Mike's message on little faith. He tells a story about preaching with his pants zipper unzipped with a white shirt tucked in. He then goes on to say that he had planted his face to the ground during worship a week or two ago and had sesame seed stuck to his forehead and no one told him about his zipper or the sesame seed. My thought is, what difference would it had made? He has been confronted about the gigantic plank sticking out of his eye, yet he refuses to listen. He went on to say how God waited to tell him what the messages he would speak would be until theo on the very last moment. Good grief, this guy has the market on God doesn't he? They have a new promo on their page with TP's flop of a CD (that cost over 15,000 to produce) as the backdrop and all the same people in the video. They should title it "The Chosen". Made me sick. I'm tired of churches altogether. I'm in a place where I don't even want to go anymore. I will continue to go because it is good for me, but my heart isn't in it. I'll just wait on Him to fill me when it is time. This isn't so much because of TP. Rather, it is because I find most Christian's are flaky and full of selfish motives. I suppose I have to lump myself in there too. I was raised in fundamental legalism and found TP to be full of it. I just would like to go somewhere that offers a healthy balance. But, I don't think a perfect church exists. There was something about TP that was very attractive, but like it was almost too big for its britches. Anyways, just my thoughts on a rainy Saturday night.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: May 03, 2009 02:21PM

Anonymity is a good thing here in the blog
The reason they want to know who's posting...this so that they know how to spin the questions that people who are in the congregation are asking of the pastors and staff!
This is the same manipulation, a.k.a. witchcraft that we have going on at radiant life church in Sacramento! and I suspect it's the same witchcraft manipulation is going on at Turning Point the staffers and elders are spending most of their time trying to hush things up and doing damage control.
I am very disappointed in Jeff & Kim Barnes especially the way Kim was bold face lying through her teeth defending the lovefest that they are having with Tony Cunningham's spiritual covenant's, Spiritual Parenting and teachings including the SOMA curriculum!

I believe some are embarrassed that they went hook line and sinker believing that Tony is an apostle and now Mike is???
But to save face for the sake of their beloved pastor Mike and Cindi they are all willing to sweep it all under the rug and tow the party line and be mind numb sycophants.

When these people practice this kind of religious deception lie and cover up. They make a mockery of the gospel.

It's time we called these people out and tell them they are wrong!

because, what they want us to do is silently walk away from the church, extend forgiveness...and let them continue doing the evil that they are doing!

BraveHeart

Posted by: belongs2Him ()
Date: May 04, 2009 12:57AM

Hi everyone.
I recently left TPC. I'm not quite ready to tell my story as I feel like I'm still going through it. But for the short of it, the main reason I left is because I will NOT worship a man. And I really feel like that is what is going on at TPC.
I have read every page of this thread and have so much in common with many of you, and I'm sorry we are all here. At the same time, it makes me feel a tad less alone.

God bless you all!

belongs2Him

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: May 04, 2009 11:09AM

Hi Everyone,

I was praying ~ and this is what I got. It fit's so well with all of the hurt and stuff. May the Lord Bless your week abundantly!

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are rushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all". Psalm 35: 15-19

Posted by: Wounded Warrior ()
Date: May 04, 2009 11:19AM

Welcome to the forum belongs2Him! I'm glad that the forum has been a help to you and pray for your healing at this time. YOU are not alone. Our God is faithful and you may contact any of us who have left TP if you care to do so.

Posted by: outreach ()
Date: May 04, 2009 12:15PM

Welcome Belongs2Him

Outreach

Posted by: belongs2Him ()
Date: May 04, 2009 02:44PM

This just in!

TPC announced today from the pulpit that the monthly budget has been REDUCED from $100+k per month to $62k per month! A $40,000 reduction.

Makes me wonder though, who got the pay cut... Mike, a much needed ministry or someone who actually needed and deserved the money????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2009 02:45PM by belongs2Him.

Current Page: 100 of 351

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.