Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: Miki ()
Date: September 04, 2010 12:34PM

Anyone know if M&C's house sold yet? I think that's the only tie to Marysville now. I may be very wrong on that, so don't quote me. I have to wonder, are they happy? What do the kids think? Will M&C be brought back to msvl? More questions than answers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: September 04, 2010 12:56PM

There is a crack in the wall of secrecy (posted on Facebook today)--

Rick Lewis -- Jackie I need to let you know how sorry I am again for my part in this whole mess. I was one of those elders

two blocks from you. I am very sorry for this whole thing. I believed the lies told me because I believed that Mike

couldn't lie....Please know that I did not know of the correspondence between you and Mike. I know it was a personal

vendetta with him.
I love you and completely understand your bitterness for being accused without seeing the evidence. I

have been hesitant to post, but I want to let you know that you are doing what is right. Too many lies and hidden truth has

been allowed to linger. People will respect the truth and it is from truth that true healing and reconciliation can happen.

Thanks for being strong and a true follower of Christ when I was not. I respect you and love you dearly. I will most likely

get in a lot of trouble for posting, but I don't care.
To the remaining elders please search your hearts and ask yourself

what is the right response. I love the elders dearly as well and I don't want them to be thought of as evil. They are still

believing a lie and are shielded from the truth. I don't say this to hurt the elders but to help them look for the truth. I

know because I was there.
The truth is in Christ and what His response is.

So folks there we are the persecution and defamation of character by Mike of Jackie Singer was a vendetta. The Elders knew it and did nothing. The remaining elders are now the keeper of the big lie. I disagree with Rick. The elders have protected a lie, let innocent people be falsely accused as a personal vendetta, and failed to take care of the congregation by protecting them from a Senior Pastor out of control.

Saddened

Date: September 04, 2010 01:42PM

Does anyone remember back at the beginning of this year how Turning Point Church World Outreach Center posted the letter from Mike and Cyndi and the letter from the Elders (see links below). Im curious why Jeff hasnt posted a letter of repentance on their web site. I wonder why the remaining Elders havent posted a letter stating what has happened and what steps are being taken moving forward by the Elders.

I hope they will. It would be a positive step forward.

[www.turningpointchurch.com]

[www.turningpointchurch.com]

Date: September 04, 2010 03:22PM

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2010 03:30PM by TurningPointReject.

Date: September 05, 2010 11:50PM

I read Rick Lewis' Facebook post here and had to take some time to think. It is no secret that Mike Villamor had delusional fantasies of wealth, power, and his own omnipotence when it came to the Turning Point Church group of churches. He had an obsession with his own grandiose and often extravagant picture of what Turning Point should look like as a reflection on him and him alone. Unfortunately God did not enter into Mike's equation as depicted by his asking SOMA students to relate signs, wonders, and miracles that HE had performed. Talk about using people to stroke your own monsterous ego! Signs, wonders, and miracles are performed by God for the benefit of his children to show his love, mercy, and grace.

So why is it that the remaining elders at TPCWOC knowing that Mike’s attack on our dear sister in Christ was a personal vendetta, because she stood up to him and refused to back down or get back in line, just cannot bring themselves to right the wrong done to her and fully exonerate her as would be the right thing to do? Mike's actions were probably a thinly veiled threat to the other elders and deacons of what they could expect if they too decided to stand up to Mike. Rick's remark about getting in trouble for posting his confession pretty much spells that out. Are the remaining elders so afraid that if they do the right thing thta Mike will somehow take out his vengeance of them too? Or are they afraid if the remaining congregation knows they covered up for Mike's delusions and self-centered behaviors that they will walk away? Over 650 people have already done so. Look at what failing to do the right thing and remove Mike from the pulpit has already done.

If Jeff Barnes wants to salvage the reputation and remaining congregation in his church he had better start doing the right thing instead of all the wrong things or someday he the other remaining elders will show up for services and they will be the only ones there. Jesus’ covering is not on TPCWOC and has not been for some time that is why everything has fallen apart. Under Cover is no way to run a church! The New Testament gives the model for running a church and it is the seminal source so why aren’t you using that as your guide instead of the word of a man who wrote a book for personal profit? Would not it be better to confess and repent than to go on with the lie and let what remains of the congregation figure it out and leave? Clear our Dear Sister in Christ’s name and maybe just maybe Christ will begin to help you out of the pit that your own actions caused you to fall into. Then and only then will TPC prosper.

D of D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2010 11:55PM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Posted by: WonderingNow ()
Date: September 06, 2010 06:58AM

SO happy that things are busting loose. Possibly the reason for hesitation....they fear man more than God.Pretty stupid!!

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: September 06, 2010 09:52AM

If you read this elsewhere you will know who the people are, if you didn't you will see how desperate the HAVES at TPC were to shut us all up. I find it rather interesting that Mike, Jeff, or any one of the remaining HAVES would ask a member of the congregation to do something illegal. Last time I checked the First Amendment still said Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Slanderers, considering every thing that was said about us and Pastor Jackie isn't that the pot calling the kettle silver?

Person #1 I never saw or heard anything about a list but I was kept at a distance since Jackie was my discipler and friend. I must have missed the meeting with specific names or blocked it out of my memory. :) I just remember being told not to associate with slanders (But I knew who they were referring to. It was strongly implied.)

Person #2 Circular, rhetorical question.... Weren't they told not to even read RR? How would they know who was posting if they weren't reading it? And since it seems that RR is annonymous, they would have to spend quite some time there, to study the ...posters, to figure out who they are.
Seems to me like a whole lot of confusion, and disunity.

Person #1 · Funny story...Spouse of Person #1 was asked if he was able to crash RR. He told them yes but he wouldn't do it because hacking is illegal. We all went there after we were told not to. Come on! You tell someone not to and they are more than likely going to just out of sheer Curiousity.

Saddened

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2010 10:18AM by Saddened.

Date: September 06, 2010 11:15AM

The definition of slander is -- Slander is the oral communication of false statements that are harmful to a person's reputation. If the statements are proven to be true, it is a complete defense to a charge of slander. Oral opinions that don't contain statements of fact don't constitute slander. Slander is an act of communication that causes someone to be shamed, ridiculed, held in contempt, lowered in the estimation of the community, or to lose employment status or earnings or otherwise suffer a damaged reputation.

Question 1 -- Who were the ones making slanderous remarks?
Question 2 -- Who had their reputation, both personal and professional, damaged as a result of as far as we know false statements fabricated by an angry vengeful man in an effort to discredit and destroy her by calling a meeting and presenting the information in a way that does smack of slander?
Question 3 -- Who had to sit idly by for over a year and endure emotional and mental duress because of a personal vendetta against her by her former immediate supervisor who she had stood up to because he was leading his flock astray and away from sound doctrine. Pastor Jackie waited until her family was out of harms way to speak out. Anyone with children would have done the same thing.
Question 4-- Who asked someone to commit an illegal act and who did not? If they would ask a person, who is obviously an honest man and refused, to commit an illegal act by hacking and crashing this forum, who says they didn't contrive the evidence against our Dear Sister In Christ?
Question 5 -- Who gave a young family man the ultimatum your mother or your job?

None of those questions reworded into statements are false. Therefore stating facts that would be discoverable as true for a legal proceeding means that I and the others who have posted here are not guilty of slander but have provided known and verifiable information and/or stated our personal opinion which is a protected right under the US Constitution.

If the HAVES at TPC want to tell their remaining flock not to talk to or associate with slanderers, then their entire congregation would never again set foot in another TPC service.

D of D

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: September 06, 2010 10:50PM

TPCWOC Sermon for Sunday Sept 5th is now online at TPCWOC home web site under LOVE (might be) is in the HOUSE by Pastor Jeff R Barnes ( the R does not stand for Rock anymore)
Jeff makes an in house statement. Jeff says there is business we are taking care of and that we are a great church, but not a perfect church.I will be making some very serious announcements to the church body about things that need to be taken care of from years back. Jeff uses a illustration of the earthquake in Haiti and all the rubble in the streets and how they can not rebuild the city, because they do not know where to start.And they have to bring in heavy equipment to clear the rubble. Jeff says, that is kind of where we are as a church. We have rubble and stuff in the past we need to make right before the next push. Jeff says that there is going to be some deep soul seaching and some changing. Jeff says he likes it personally. Jeff makes his statement by saying there is a elephant in the room.
I want you to know that we will be making things right. We will not be ignoring this. We are working with a leadership consultant who will be helping us walk thru this healing and reconciliation one last time. I have been meeting with this gentlemen for two months and this person has 40 years ministry and 28yrs in leadership consultanting with churches. Jeff says he is a senior man in the faith. He will mentor the elders and me. Please give us the grace to be able to walk this out over the next few weeks. Those of you who have been here a a long time its my desire as your pastor to not just move on but to heal, to reconcile and restructure. Free us from the bondage of the past. Thats going to take reconciliation, repentance and continued repentance as a church so that this will not happen in the future. OK

How much money are you spending on the consultant?
I hope this consultant does not believe in false doctrine like the Word of faith movement. Hopefully he is not from City church.
He should just have taken the advise from the forum people a long time ago.
If Jeff addresses all issues we might just leave our building fund contribution there.
I still love all the people at TPCWOC and will continue to pray for them.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2010 11:05PM by buddy.

Date: September 06, 2010 11:22PM

After reading Buddy's post I listened to the intro to Jeff's sermon. Perhaps I should have listened to my own advise and let them have until Christmas to see a change with Jeff at the helm of Turning Point. However it is hard not to get angry when you find out that the remaining elders gave Mike Villamor $50k of Stewardship money when he left town. It is hard not to be angry when they string Pastor Jackie along. Yes there is a big elephant in the front row of TPC and they need to start righting those wrongs especially where Pastor Jackie is concerned.

D of D

buddy
TPCWOC Sermon for Sunday Sept 5th is now online at TPCWOC home web site under LOVE (might be) is in the HOUSE by Pastor Jeff R Barnes ( the R does not stand for Rock anymore)
Jeff makes an in house statement. Jeff says there is business we are taking care of and that we are a great church, but not a perfect church.I will be making some very serious announcements to the church body about things that need to be taken care of from years back. Jeff uses a illustration of the earthquake in Haiti and all the rubble in the streets and how they can not rebuild the city, because they do not know where to start.And they have to bring in heavy equipment to clear the rubble. Jeff says, that is kind of where we are as a church. We have rubble and stuff in the past we need to make right before the next push. Jeff says that there is going to be some deep soul seaching and some changing. Jeff says he likes it personally. Jeff makes his statement by saying there is a elephant in the room.
I want you to know that we will be making things right. We will not be ignoring this. We are working with a leadership consultant who will be helping us walk thru this healing and reconciliation one last time. I have been meeting with this gentlemen for two months and this person has 40 years ministry and 28yrs in leadership consultanting with churches. Jeff says he is a senior man in the faith. He will mentor the elders and me. Please give us the grace to be able to walk this out over the next few weeks. Those of you who have been here a a long time its my desire as your pastor to not just move on but to heal, to reconcile and restructure. Free us from the bondage of the past. Thats going to take reconciliation, repentance and continued repentance as a church so that this will not happen in the future. OK

How much money are you spending on the consultant?
I hope this consultant does not believe in false doctrine like the Word of faith movement. Hopefully he is not from City church.
He should just have taken the advise from the forum people a long time ago.
If Jeff addresses all issues we might just leave our building fund contribution there.
I still love all the people at TPCWOC and will continue to pray for them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.