Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: Die Quietly ()
Date: August 26, 2010 08:00PM

Well said D of D! I agree wholeheartedly. We both left before many on the board yet held nothing against those who left after. We all have our burdon to bear for our inaction or silence. Many have not stood up to anybody and spoken up. The fact is many of us should have spoken up a long time before we left and we didn't. Rick has his own burdon to bear for his inaction just as we all have. He will likely have more anger at himself than what many of us would, not to mention anger at Mike. We should be in prayer for a brother who's broken.... I'm glad someone prayed for me.

quote Daughter of Dorcas]I read the repost of Rick Lewis's letter and took some time to think about it and go to the authority on how I should react. Matthew 18 was the first thing that popped into my mind: 21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" 22 Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." I choose not to act as an Unmerciful Servant of the Lord and answer for my inability or unwillingness to forgive. Then I moved on to Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." and the list could go on and on. I cannot tell others what they should do. My family has to make the choice of what to do and then act on that choice. Our choice is from Joshua 24; 14"Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." That means listening for God's still small voice, reading God's Word, and following the way the Lord would have us go.

I choose to forgive Rick Lewis. He got sucked up the same way many of us did. Ricks failure to stand up to Mike and leave TPC at the same time we did is irrelevant. I do not want God to hold my sin against me for failing to forgive a brother who is humbling himself, confessing his sin, and asking for forgiveness.

D of D[/quote]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: August 27, 2010 12:49AM

I forgive Rick Lewis 100% and will be praying for his family. I would love to have Rick share his story on the forum. I think it would be beneficial to the healing process. Rick could give us some insight into the current leadership views on the false doctrines like prosperity word-faith movement etc. I can only think of to reasons why Jeff Barnes would not denouce the false doctrines like word-faith movement, one he believes in this false doctrine or two he knows its a false doctrine but does not want to lose the church since most of the ones left have been deceived into believing the false doctrines by false Apostle Mike, Jeff Barnes, chicken feathers Dave Luster, the wanna be famous and be on TBN the Ralstons, prosperity City Church, Casey Treat the helecopter guy, Dr. Increase, Dr. favor and a host of other nut cases. And one other thing I want all my money back that I gave to the TPCWOC building fund.

Date: August 27, 2010 12:54AM

I agree with die quietly and d d rick is a upstanding guy and genuinely repentant. God opens eyes in His time, and I believe His timing is right on. as for marysville 4 ive said this before , since he is not a follower of Jesus, he can operate on different principals, he likes to stirr up things and create confusion, God uses satan to obtain His purposes. so I guess he can use marysville 4 but I dont want anything he has to offer.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: August 27, 2010 01:57AM

Sorry rick and kari for your hearts! totally forgiven.... may the Lord heal your spirits!

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: August 27, 2010 02:34AM

Rick Lewis I just want to thank you for the courage to stand up for truth. Feel free to private e-mail me and I would love to meet with you over coffee. You are free now and you may experience the same hurts as alot of us have. Let me know if I can help. I have always seen you as a really nice guy. I will be praying for you and your family. I hope that your relationship with the Lord will grow now more as you depend on him.

Date: August 27, 2010 02:41AM

Mike and Cyndi have left town under a shroud of secrecy.
Elders are resigning.
Staff are resigning.
Jeff and Kim are running around apologizing to anyone willing to give them the time of day...or are they?

Something happened between March 2010 when all the Elders in Unity launched Mike into his apostolic orbit
and June 2010 just after Father's Day when the rocket ship
came crashing back down to earth.

Follow the money...

This whole deal has a stench that reaches to the highest of heavens...

Follow the money...

...and see if the trail doesn't end up in Texas.

Question:

Business Partnerships: Which Elder families were business partners with Mike and Cyndi?

Follow the money...

Rick and Kari you are forgiven.
Now is the time to bring the Truth out into the light.
Be honest.
Be forthright with the truth.

Posted by: Mville04 ()
Date: August 27, 2010 06:25AM

I don't think it's up to anyone to either forgive Rick or not. It is a matter of Rick making amends for his actions.
1. He needs to publicly renounce the false doctrine (here too)
2. Apologize to those he has harmed and not just his friends on facebook.
3. Not just ask for but carry himself in a way that begs forgiveness from others as in being humbled.
4. Most importantly; offer himself to those who need to understand what has happened to rectify that which he had a hand in causing.

He doesn't need my forgiveness nor yours. He needs to get himself straight whith himself and the community.

Posted by: Timetospeak ()
Date: August 27, 2010 10:47AM

Rick Lewis - again, well done. More of us will take courage and speak out publically, repent, and renounce any false teaching where we are responsible for others. Am I my brothers keeper? YES, and again, I hope peace upon you and may the love of Christ wash over you and restore you to Him.

Mike ran away - but you sir are standing on firm ground.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: August 29, 2010 12:41AM

Now that M&C have ran off, no one can really sue them right? Tony had so many people sue him, i'm just wondering if the same can happen to M&C...

Date: August 29, 2010 03:09AM

Miki
Now that M&C have ran off, no one can really sue them right? Tony had so many people sue him, i'm just wondering if the same can happen to M&C...

It may not matter where Mike and Cyndi currently live.
Because Mike and Cyndi own property in WA state and because they conduct business in WA state (articles of incorporation were filed with the state for all of Mike and Cyndi's businesses) the state still has jurisdiction.

If persons believe they have been defrauded by Mike and Cyndi they can bring either a criminal and/or civil suit. There is a statute of limitations that begins from the point of discovery. I believe in Washington it is three years from discovery. Also, any suit against Mike and Cyndi would most likely include TPC and its officers (Elders).

If money was misappropriated by elders and or staff the statute of limitations would not begin until that time the misappropriation was discovered. So if an audit of all accounts related to TPC and PNWBC were to take place 5 years from now and at that time it was discovered that money was embezzled it would be at that point that the statute would start.

It would be interesting what the law is regarding charitable giving and fraud. Could those persons who gave to the building fund several years ago file suit against TPC for misappropriation of those funds? Its a question that a lawyer would have to consider. Here are links to non profit legal questions regarding designated funds being "borrowed" to pay other bills:

[www.nonprofitissues.com]
[www.lifeway.com]
[www.wintersking.com]

For libel, slander, and defamation the limitation is 2 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.