Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: To those in leadership... RLC or any other church that is hurtin ppl!
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: July 12, 2008 12:22AM

Nichole, you are brave for coming out and letting everyone know right off who you are. You are forgivin here on this end. No shame! Much is done in ignorance though repentance is so needed regardless. I want to encourage you and to help free you from any damaging guilt. God reminded me that He does not live in the past, but lives for Today and in the future. I would love to hear more of your story if you are willing to share. We probably all have alot of the same similar stories. If you have any questions for me, I will be more than happy to answer them. Take care sis. Stay plugged in to this forum because you can be of help to others that are "confused" and "hurt" and even in "blameshifting" towards God.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 12, 2008 12:25AM

Nichole, try and post thoughts on the other thread as well since it has the most views.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: July 12, 2008 12:39AM

whatajoke
nicole, wow, if you are he same person I am thinking about, i thought what you did to your family supposedly in the name of god was tragic. If you are the same person, I am glad you are speaking up and I am glad that you have freed yourself from the grip. Your father is an honorable and godly man.

Dear whatajoke,

I am probably not who you think I am...As for my Father, yes he is a Godly man! His counsel, as well as my Godly mothers counsel, kept me from entering into any spiritual parenting relationships. I was being pulled one way by my discipler and the other way from my parents. Considering that my parents are the ones who have loved me and cared for me since the day I was born, and their counsel was always in favor of my well being, I decided to continue to listen to them. I also felt the holy spirit giving me peace with that decision.

I was told my discipler that I need to hurry up and enter into a "parenting relationship" before I get married because if I am in that relationship before I get married, my husband whoever he may be, will have to accept the relationship because I came into the marriage with it. She then preceded to tell me that she was upset about her husband not letting her enter into a parenting relationship with Tony. The first thing I thought was , wow her husband is a smart and honorable man.

I will end the rest of the message with this. I served on Sunday morning worship teams for a total of 3 1/2 years. I started to feel that being in front as I was, that I was representing everything that was going on at RLC and that among other things was NOT what I wanted. When I realized that there was no way I would invite anyone I loved to a service at RLC and that I had cut off any communication with most people there because I couldn't handle the robotic responses and arrogant attitudes, I knew it was time to go because going to church is about fellowship and service. I was not participating in a healthy fellowship. I wanted out for 1 year. I was finally released by God to leave in July 2008. I am in a wonderful fellowship and have met new people, with whom I am glad to call friends.

-Nicole

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: July 12, 2008 12:48AM

Nicole… thanks for your post, I am happy that you are out and I know that it is confusing as hell. However, there is now a huge network of people that have left and share similar experiences. I am glad to hear from you and to hear that you are out, tell your family I said hi and I hope to see more post from you… this thing is growing and it’s growing in a positive light…

Matt Michalak

Date: July 12, 2008 02:38AM

I was just outside praying shortly ago and felt so much grief and sorrow in me in regards to the seed of Religion. I felt sick to my stomach actually. I have spoken with so many people from RLC over the last 2 years and the same theme was expressed. It was confusion and the feeling like they don’t have a purpose of their own. It reminds me of a situation I had in our school of ministry at RLC called SOMA. It happened I believe in my 3rd year Spiritual Counseling class.

We were encouraged to counsel two people. I was picked to counsel two Elders wives. I will not mention names due to not having their permission. Anyhow, I found this session to be futile, so I plainly asked one of them in the privacy of one room, “Putting aside your submission to your husband, your obedience to Tony and the hindrance of money, what lives in you and what would you want to do if those things were not there?” She replied with a gasp. “Know one ever has given me the freedom to answer that.” The blood rushed to her face and she began to cry. She then began to tell me of her dreams and what she would love to do. After that, I left the room ticked off and counseled the second wife and the exact story happened. This led me to begin this process of getting to the heart of people at RLC over the next two years. What an oppressive spirit! People are sleep walking there. It’s like they are totally not cognitive of what is going on around them but only going through the motions. God gave me a purpose and that is to be a son of God. He also has a function of that purpose designed specifically for me. Now I am free to experience it.

My hope is to help others “wake” up. God is jealous for his people.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: July 12, 2008 04:20AM

Escapee07
Dear whatajoke,

I am probably not who you think I am

You are right it is your sister Brittany, I just remembered. I hope that somehow she can get to this forum and read all of these troubling issues and devastion in the hopes of reconciling with her family if she has not yet. She is a sweet girl but a naive one who bought into the lies and deceitfullness.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: July 12, 2008 04:34AM

whatajoke
Escapee07
Dear whatajoke,

I am probably not who you think I am

You are right it is your sister Brittany, I just remembered. I hope that somehow she can get to this forum and read all of these troubling issues and devastion in the hopes of reconciling with her family if she has not yet. She is a sweet girl but a naive one who bought into the lies and deceitfullness.

Yeah I didn't say her name for a reason. But I will say this my family is going through a healing process, that includes my sister.

Date: July 12, 2008 05:42AM

Here is something I was thinking about and has been part of my experience. This is especially true for my experienes at Radiant Life.

Why is it that people think that they always have to be in peoples faces, quoting scripture, preaching, laying hands on people without asking to feel like they are doing their christian duty. Why can't people use discernment and try to show Christ without mentioning his name or making people feel uncomfortable. I would have much rather seen people at Radiant Life being genuine, truthful, loving, compassionate, caring, friendly, without all of the other BS. I have many friends who aren't born again sold out christians that are much nicer and careing than most people I met at Radiant Life. While at Radiant life if I broke down at 4 in the morning it wouldn't be someone from church that I would think about calling. I know someone that is very sick. This person has family members that are Christian and into God. Everytime they see this sick person they want to lay hands and break out the oil and pray and speak in tongues and throw all of the Jesus they have at this person that way. Don't people ever think that they could go sit and keep a sick person company, show compassion, caring and be like Jesus as much as doing all the other stuff. Jesus wasn't always in your face but we feel we have to. You don't know how many times that I have been pleasantly surprised wen I meet someone and they are very nice and compassionate and don't talk about Jesus every other sentence and I find out later that they are believers. Isn't it actually better to show it first rather than talk about it and never show it? Just thoughts. Ryan L it might be nice to just come on here and talkabout things in real person terms and let the Jesus shine through it. You or anyone can preach without preaching.

Anyways, this may be way off topic but is how I view the leadership and people at RLC. Sorry if it is rambling I am just jotting down some thoughts. Anyone else feel this way?

Date: July 12, 2008 06:39AM

Quote: Whatajoke

"Ryan L it might be nice to just come on here and talkabout things in real person terms and let the Jesus shine through it. You or anyone can preach without preaching."

Whatajoke, I understand what you are saying in the above quote and respect what you are saying. I don't necessarily agree with that statement because we all receive things differently. Some may think it is preaching, while others may think it is helpful and constructive. I think that this is the ingenious of having a forum. Everyone should have freedom to write the way they write. I think that is what makes your own postings so effective and personal.

On your above posting in complete, I agree though. Sometimes people just need to know they are there to be loved and supported. On another note: We all have our insights and stories and I am excited to hear all of them. Whatajoke, thanks for your willingness to share your thoughts.

Date: July 12, 2008 11:43AM

deja vu I understand thanks

Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.