Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: To those in leadership... RLC or any other church that is hurtin ppl!
Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: June 05, 2008 02:39AM

TRUE!!! This is all about RLC.

This below looks familiar:
Welcome
Welcome to the Radiant Life website:

Radiant Life is a non-denominational church existing to know, love and serve God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength and to teach as many others as we can to know, love and serve God with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength.

We are a fellowship made up of REAL people, who desire to take the Word of God and make it RELEVANT in our lives, thus becoming RADIANT!

We want to remind you today that whatever you are searching for, know that you matter to God and so you matter to us. We hope you will join us soon and come and see what God is doing!

1. existing to know, love and serve God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength and to teach as many others as we can to know, love and serve God with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength.

teach as many others went haywire!!!

It fell into the Shepherding Movement category... Spiritual abuse is evident.... teach as many others became their AMWAY type of goal... It all became numbers... how many ppl can you disciple? let's honor our disciplers with gifts, vacations, motorcyles, our daughters, our sons... What in the world happened to this church. Money, Power and all went to his head... he became something he was against in many ways.... true though abouta point that speaktruth said as a fifth grader being advanced over he gets pissed off.... that is true. But making himself untouchable or unapproachable... not cool! he's a man ppl.... Tony is a man! In my mind I have to fight the thought of showing up at the Doors with my soldiers and cleaning clocks up in that place. But I have to fight that thought... can't handle things that way... anyhow.... back to the subject.... Danger ppl... Danger!!! Please be careful what church you go to.... examine, ask questions, ask about accountability.... these are important things....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Above.
Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 05, 2008 03:50AM

So I’m washing my wishes, huh?

I think we are each approaching this situation differently, but perhaps we are not so different… I’d like to make it my goal to try to bring the body together. There are so many denominations as it is. Having said that, I do not hate Radiant Life. In fact, there are a handful of people there that I really love that are just flat out naïve regarding the inner workings of the bowling alley.

Just because I am not trashing or hating the people at that church does not in any way mean that I am defending or approving this behavior. If you only knew me, perhaps you would see this. Tony lied to my face. But I won’t turn my back on the body because of this. I just don’t show up there anymore. I just don’t deal with the crap and the politics and the embellishments. So many things about that “vision” there have been exposed for what they are. But you got to remember that there are many people that go there that are not in that deep. Many of those I still know and love. They will have to experience these issues for themselves in order to make a decision. I have given warnings, and signs to watch out for, and they gotta take it and do with it what they want.

Regarding being “wishy-washy”, I have been up and down with this whole thing, because I want to see unity, but I also want to see an end to the lies. I talk to more and more people who are walking away from it because they are seeing the destruction.

I was in deep with the whole discipleship stuff. What they teach is definitely not Matt. 28 discipleship. I have also seen what you speak of regarding minions attempting to buy approval, acceptance, relationship, and authority. I have watched people that don’t give a rip about anyone but themselves “advance” in the church because they are good at imitating and, dare I say it, sucking-up to their disciplers. I have watched people worship a little ring on their finger symbolizing whatever…

After seeing all this, along with business deals gone sour, and all of the sorts, I just decided that what was best for my family and myself was to uproot and go. But I also made a serious point to not go to the point of hating anyone, even though sometimes I do get pissed off inside about it…

I’m not offended, It just cracks me up how Aaron and myself are so often called out as being spies or whatever, and we have nothing to do with it. In fact, he has been going to some other church in south sac, and I have either church hopped around town or not attended at all. It’s like referring to a Canadian as a Muslim Jihad terrorist. Maybe that was a bad example… the point is, call the sky blue. Because I was long-gone once I was lied to.

So my question now is: do you just let those sheep get turned into hotdogs?

Re: To those in leadership... RLC or any other church that is hurtin p
Date: June 05, 2008 03:58AM

Whatajoke:

By the way, I am also struggling as a Christian. Whenever I read a scripture, I immediately think of whatever teaching there is on it at RLC. Which means I am basically trying to relearn the scripture for what it actually is. An example would be the entire life of David... Can anyone identify with that feeling?

Regardless, I'm moving on... sort of, that is. Apparently I'm nerdy enough to keep reading up at the Rick Ross, so maybe there is still stuff. I just don't want to hate. I would rather congratulate. Or adulate. Or have all of the believers on the same page again. But that's not gonna happen until people stop trying to control everything/everybody.

Note to TC: People have a calling from God, and its not always related to your vision of this and that. I can still be a useful believer even if I do not have a special ring on my finger...

So now I have to relearn what Godly authority is. Here we go again...

Re: To those in leadership... RLC or any other church that is hurtin ppl!
Date: June 05, 2008 05:28AM

True on the unity part... unity is important annd in no way am i accusing you of being a spy. as in fact you have been open enough to revela yourself (joe) and as well with (aaron) yes i know who you guys are.... especially aaron. So anyways joe.... I see where you're coming from... I don't want to come across as a hater... I am just voicing my opinion and what i have seen. i in the discipleship thing myself for a long time... and it really sucked because what was taught was man-worship.... and always being bugged about how many folks i was discipling....discipleship really jacked me up... i gave it up fast. i fell in to the whole thing... just as i'm sure you fell into the lies to and then saw it for yourself. I wish ppl did not have to get hurt, or be abused spiritually but the fact is is that it happened... and God has seen it all. I am here to make sure that others know that RLC has it's issues and so do other churches... there will never be a perfect church... ai am a christian who struggles so much... battling so many things at once... but aren't we all??? so anyways to clarify to others on the post... continue posting... but please stop back and forth doggin out... you know? i just want to see people have life.... not get jacked up by some church... it's no wonder ppl do not want to come to church because of all the crap we have seen and been through/.........

Date: June 05, 2008 05:36AM

Transparent, what re-sparked your interest in this whole ordeal?

Refer to last posts in "Im back".

Transparent
"SPEAK TRUTH! How is it going? Listen, this thread was posted by accident with first of all I'm back....I was trying to respond to one of the RLC things and accidenty posted new thread! SO hope fully that answers you're question regarding the title of this thread!

Simple mistake...LOL!

Anyways ppl....leave this whole damn thing alone! Talking about RLC is already making me sick to my stomach with disgust. Either you like it or don't like it (RLC) Whatever you do that's what you do and wherevever you attend church is where you attend church. Some ppl like Taco Bell and another likes Burger King....Who really cares....Go where God wants you to be!!!!

Later People!"

Just wondering what has changed for you since this post... has anything else happened?

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: June 05, 2008 08:07AM

thank you for clarifying in a very civil way. I appreciate it. I have nothing against you or Love and I guess I have looked at you guys as representing the Church and maybe at one time you did but things are different now. The whole scene just repulsed me after looking back and i was probably caught up in it. Even the arrogance of how many souls they think came to Christ because of them. I guarentee you their numbers are way off. And how many strayed, does this offset? Anyway, again apologies and I will do my best to keep this dialogue productive but most of all imformative as to what goes on there so others do not have to experience what my family did. And Speaktruth, there are some serious exaggerations on here which I realize but it does not in anyway take away the issues nor the destructive and cultish behaviors. Where are all the men that Brandon had so fired up??? I think they all had to go out and get real jobs. brandon was a savior when I started going there but the quality of his discipleship shows in his "subjects". You can't be arrogant and be in a position to influence and show Christ to others, especially the masses that were following him. they probably still are. Oh see you got me started again. Sorry, it just goes on and on. I am done for now. again speaktruth, sorry for any anger, aggravation, whatever your way. I am not doing a good job right now being totally riteous.

Date: June 05, 2008 09:34PM

whatajoke
thank you for clarifying in a very civil way. I appreciate it. I have nothing against you or Love and I guess I have looked at you guys as representing the Church and maybe at one time you did but things are different now. The whole scene just repulsed me after looking back and i was probably caught up in it. Even the arrogance of how many souls they think came to Christ because of them. I guarentee you their numbers are way off. And how many strayed, does this offset? Anyway, again apologies and I will do my best to keep this dialogue productive but most of all imformative as to what goes on there so others do not have to experience what my family did. And Speaktruth, there are some serious exaggerations on here which I realize but it does not in anyway take away the issues nor the destructive and cultish behaviors. Where are all the men that Brandon had so fired up??? I think they all had to go out and get real jobs. brandon was a savior when I started going there but the quality of his discipleship shows in his "subjects". You can't be arrogant and be in a position to influence and show Christ to others, especially the masses that were following him. they probably still are. Oh see you got me started again. Sorry, it just goes on and on. I am done for now. again speaktruth, sorry for any anger, aggravation, whatever your way. I am not doing a good job right now being totally riteous.

Whatajoke:

The thing that resparked it is when I heard of the other families that left RLC in Katy.... I am hurt to see others get damaged and I have made it a focus now to help others who have gone through these shenanigans within RLC... I do not want to see others go through the same crap many of us have gone through. While I may not be able to reach alot of people through this I will give it my best. That's just the type of person I am... helping others... I will do whatever it takes to get this messgae out..not in accusation but exposure for the purpose that hopefully RLC leadership will come fwd and confess and make amends with those they did damage. I am getting ready to do some stuff on you tube and other avenues as well.... i want to see what the reaction RLC leadership will be... the message is getting out there and it takes only a few voices to get this message out there.... any help is always helpful indelivering this message.

~T~

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: June 18, 2008 11:34AM

WAJ well said speaktruth your posts are wishy washy. I have often thought you and Dr Love are the same person or your a soma student trolling around here. so what is it what dou you believe why are you lurking arround here? and what is your point? your condescending attitude is getting old.
tell us about your dealings with rlc.

Date: June 18, 2008 12:22PM

LOL we are definitely not the same person... its too bad you dont know me in. We should meet up some time, Ill answer any question you have. Im sure Doc Love would as well. And transparent can confirm that neither of us attend that church (i think?). If I were a troll, I would have blue hair, because thats my favorite color.

"so what is it what dou you believe why are you lurking arround here?" - Please elaborate, I don't get it...

How is my attitude condescending?

I have spoken over and over again about my "dealings" with RLC. But to help you not have to read through so many pages, I will recap. And to add to that, I am not wishy washy. I am who I am. I wear it right out there. Ask the people that know me, not the people that consider me a "nobody in the church" that I do not even attend. Apparently they know nothing about me. Well back in the day at the ol' warehouse in Elk Grove I attended for 6 months. Then I left. I though it was a cool place. Then back in 03' I started going to the bowling alley. I liked it. I got hooked up in discipleship, learned a bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with life, had relationships that ended up being exposed as shallow, went to Soma part time, discipled other people, repented, got out of discipleship, attempted to love people within the body there without removing myself, admitted to myself that it was becoming a lost cause, began to truly live in Christ, enjoyed life, played fantasy football instead of attending sunday morning services, and year later, here I am, still replying to banter on a cult awareness website, still not attending RLC, still being accused of being a spy sent by Tony... haha...

Gotta love it. But seriously, in all reality, I have not given up my faith, but my walk has changed dramatically. Life has never been so good. There is so much room left for growth, and there is so much more to explore in my faith (I sure hope this isnt considered preaching), and I still love people.

I even (dare I say it) love people at RLC. I will say plainly that I will not submit to that authority, but I would love to see change happen there, and I hold onto hope. You see, its not enough to just say "watch out, that place is jacked up". Although it is true, we gotta hope that someday change will happen. What if someday these pastors/elders actually realize the negative impact they are having and repent? Will you still run around warning people?

I think it is completely fair to address the issues that are happening and what should be looked out for. This forum could actually accomplish something if the leadership there does something about it. But dont curse me for holding onto hope.

Also, WAJ: What did you mean by "nobodies in the back"?

Thanks, I hope this post is helpful, thoughtful, and cunninghamless, as one mentioned.

Date: June 18, 2008 12:26PM

Here is another thought: In keeping with the topic of this post, what have your individual experiences (firsthand) been, and what is exactly is your message "To those in leadership... RLC or any other church that is hurtin ppl!"?

...Back on track now...

Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.