Current Page: 177 of 180
Re: Struthers Memorial Independent Pentecostal Church
Posted by: ThePetitor ()
Date: April 25, 2024 10:48PM

blackwatch

I do not see how even Struthers leaders can dismiss this forum as "one big rant". Clearly much of it is quite measured, and not a rant at all, and even if it was all full of ranting, it would be "50 big rants" or more, not just one. I have not counted for a long time, but suspect it is about 70 by now, and there are a number of others who have not posted, so we know there are over 100 people who all feel they have been affected, with the impact often lasting for decades.

We are not the enemy here, we are just witnesses to the truth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Daisy69 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 11:21PM

They see it as people who are being tempted by Satan to turn away.
Over 100!!!! What on earth!!!!!
They say you shouldn’t be looking on the forum, and that when people are starting in the church Satan will try to take them away.

Posted by: FalkirkBairn67 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 11:34PM

They have knowing about the forum for a while.

The investagation with the bbc is the one I was told about on Sunday they have been approached about it.

I am just so amased is why they have got away with things for years.

They thought we all wouldn't talk and share what happened .Come on It took me 40 years to do so I think the bbc doing this will bring out not just the 100 plus here but thousands with simalar stories .

Date: April 26, 2024 12:36AM

totally its been no ranting for what I have read so far its been others experances but I do need to read alot more and come to a better understanding what other have went through also . but the one thing I have learned this week I WAS NOT TO BLAME WHAT HAPPENED

Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: April 26, 2024 12:46AM

My personal opinion is that it’s very important that we talk about experience and facts in here. Ranting won’t do us any favours. I understand the want to do it but it just gives those in stuthers something against us.

I do believe we should stay calm, collective and factual. I believe that will keep us right.

Let’s not become like them. This is our time to show them the way that good people should behave.

Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: April 26, 2024 12:51AM

Ps just to clarify my message above wasn’t aimed at anyone. I have never thought at all anyone was ranting. I am just understanding the serious of this now that there is a lot of media interest.

Date: April 26, 2024 01:34AM

Rainbow don’t worry there isn’t any ranting. Victims have been coming forward on here. I’d say it’s quite measured really.
Even speaking to other news outlets, will do no harm. They will pick up on it anyway!
The more the better.

Date: April 26, 2024 02:54AM

I also dont see things as ranting on here. It us all sharing our experince with smc and I think us all sharing is helping others see We are not alone,

I might be a new member but I feel like I have arrived back home after a long holiday. Back with folk who know how I feel. And have all felt the same way at one point in there life, So thank you for the welcome and I know I have alot to do now so I can stop this happening anymore to others and thats who I am determind to do.

I have read and heard alot of scarey shocking things this past week somonee needs to put a stop to this and how many lifes have Struthers distroyed and harmed over the years will we ever know ?

Date: April 26, 2024 03:42AM

Welcome we are all in the same boat here. And unlike a certain place, what we talk about in pms, stays in pms.
I hope we can all help eachother here

Posted by: Rensil ()
Date: April 26, 2024 08:57AM

Hi Rainbow
This is thrilling news about you having been contacted by the BBC with a view to speaking about your past experiences at Struthers for an investigative documentary. I’d encourage you to Go for it! Yes, it feels a bit scary but, as you say, it will help other people. People who are still in SMC but unhappy and unsure there, and people who have left SMC and are still suffering from the consequences of the abuse they suffered there. You have a story to tell as we all do. Remaining anonymous is the best option. I understand completely how you feel about that.

I am wondering whether anyone else on the Forum has been contacted by the BBC. My concern is that one person telling their story is not enough. I guess the investigation team have read the Forum posts so they will be able to see how many contributors there are and that the Forum has been going for many years, taking off in a big way around 2010/2011. From what I gather on here, it looks like the BBC have already approached folk in Struthers. My concern is that the documentary would cover the accounts given by SMC leaders and other members and only have Rainbow giving her true story. What do other folks think?
I’d certainly be willing to contribute to an investigative documentary by the BBC, if they needed any more information.

Struthers leaders have known about this Forum from the beginning and some of them read the posts. Many other Struthers members read the Forum posts too. The leaders tell folk not to read it but they still do. Good on them! The leaders have always hoped and prayed that this Forum would die out but it never has. And now, it has taken off in a big way! I’m really enjoying reading all of your posts in recent days. Thankyou for these.

Yes, I think there’s a right time for someone to feel able to open up and tell of their experiences in SMC. You can’t do it until you feel ready. No pressure on anyone.
Can’t wait to hear what’s going to happen next……..

Current Page: 177 of 180

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.