Current Page: 1 of 155
James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: Sol Ivictus ()
Date: October 10, 2009 04:46AM

Apparently run by James Arthur Ray who claims to be helping people get "true Harmonic Wealth®" [jamesray.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Deadly accident at Sedona resort hosted by Oprah guest
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 10, 2009 12:17PM

Yes, this is the same new age scam artist from The Secret, that Oprah turned into a millionaire, by letting him on her TV show.

There were serious warning signs about this guy going back 2 years, posted right here.

"The Science Of Success" by James Arthur Ray. James Ray, the greasy salesman pitchman guy from The Secret. [forum.culteducation.com]

There is an entire thread on The Secret, where James Ray was criticized long ago.
[forum.culteducation.com]

This sounds like a super-LGAT, being held in a over-heated tent. Many of those people were "fasting" and engaging in many LGAT style activities.
They are pushing people to the edge, and beyond the edge.

This is yet another reason showing what an absolute scam The Secret is, and was.

And James Ray has been cashing in on The Secret for years.
For this retreat, 60 people x $9,000 a person = over 1/2 million dollars.
This is not a sweat-lodge, its a dangerous LGAT seminar.

And using very powerful LGAT techniques, and beyond, pushing people past their limits, using sleep deprivation, food deprivation, and even convincing them to go into overheated tents.
Are they going to get away with it?

Did they also have a waiver with a "death clause", in case people die at the seminar?

SEDONA, AZ -- The man who hosted an Arizona retreat where two people died and several dozen more were injured Thursday is a well-known author and TV personality.

James Ray is a New York Times best selling author who has made appearances on Oprah and Larry King Live.

He hosted at least 60 people for the Sedona-area retreat at the Angel Valley Retreat Center this week, according to Dwight D’Evelyn with the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office.

Sedona Fire Department Spokesperson Gary Johnson said crews first responded to a call at the center around 5 p.m. Thursday, when multiple people collapsed after exiting a sweat lodge on the property.

SEE PHOTOS FROM THE SCENE IN THE ATTACHED PHOTO SLIDESHOW

Angel Valley is located 6 1/2 miles from West Sedona and about 125 miles north of Phoenix.

Johnson said Sedona Fire, Verde Valley Fire, and Yavapai County Sheriff's department all responded to the call.

D’Evelyn said sheriff's deputies at the scene learned those injured had been part of a larger group housed in a “sweatbox” type structure on the property.

The structure is reportedly framed in a dome like shape and covered with tarps and blankets. Hot rocks are used with water to create steam in the enclosed environment.

Detectives have learned that there were 64 people inside the “sweat dome” when several fell ill, according to YCSO.

Approximately 21 retreat participants were reportedly transported by air and ambulance to area hospitals including the Verde Valley and Flagstaff Medical Center.

Thursday night, two of those transported to the Verde Valley Medical Center were pronounced dead shortly after arrival, according to D’Evelyn.

The two dead were a middle aged man and woman. Identification is pending notification to family members.

At least one other remains in critical condition at VVMC.

Some attendees told detectives they paid up to $9,000 for their stay and participation in the program.

Host James Ray was reportedly inside the dome when the medical emergencies occurred.

A spokesperson for him said Ray is too distraught to talk, but sends his deepest condolences to those involved.

Detectives will be consulting with medical examiners and other health officials as the investigation moves forward.

Detectives are attempting to determine if there are any criminal actions that may have been a factor in the injuries and deaths.

James Arthur Ray, Deleted Tweets Have Surfaced.
Date: October 10, 2009 12:31PM

_________QUOTE______________________

[www.techcrunch.com]

2 People Died In A Sweat Lodge Last Night. And Deleted Tweets Have Surfaced.

Last night, at a retreat in Arizona, two people died and another 19 had to be hospitalized after something went horribly wrong at a sweat lodge. Normally, such a story, while interesting, wouldn’t be right for TechCrunch. But there’s a tech angle here.

Apparently, the man who rented the place and threw the retreat, author James Arthur Ray, is also an avid Twitter user. And yes, during the night of the incident he was tweeting about it. Ray later deleted those tweets and all the tweets about the retreat. But, as Mark Maunder discovered, they’re still available in Twitter search. And a couple are pretty interesting:

JamesARay: is still in Spiritual Warrior… for anything new to live something first must die. What needs to die in you so that new life can emerge?

JamesARay: Day 5 of SPW. The Spiritual Warrior has conquered death and therefore has no enemies, and no fear, in this life or the next.

Now, we’re not presuming to know what happened that night, and authorities are still looking into the matter. But those are two very odd things to say on a night when two people died. And deleting them, obviously, does not look good.

Re: James Arthur Ray, Deleted Tweets Have Surfaced.
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: October 10, 2009 06:29PM

According to this report liability disclaimer
there was the usual disclaimer for any unfortunate consequences for the victims of Ray's harmonic scam.

On Ray's Web site, a guide for participants of the five-day "Spiritual Warrior Event" includes a lengthy release of liability that acknowledges participants may suffer "physical, emotional, financial or other injuries."

Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 10, 2009 09:22PM

FYI

A friend who has been a crew member on many week long athletic events once said that during orientation, all participants were told that on warm to hot days, never, ever rest or take a nap in your tent.

Why?

Because on a warm to hot day, a nylon two person tent becomes a hot box, even if the
flap is left open. You can dehydrate and overheat without being aware of it, and
endanger yourself.

During the event, my buddy said they are are told to monitor water intake, and note the color of ones urine. Dehydration is a constant threat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 09:33PM by corboy.

Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Date: October 10, 2009 11:17PM

What a snake this guy is. Actually a viper.
Right on the front page of his website, he is using the same abusive language patterns, that come from the NLP hypnosis literature.
[jamesray.com] QUOTE: "When would NOW be the time to once and for all enjoy total abundance and true wealth financial, relationally, mentally, physically and spiritually..."

That is literally right by the book, uing the word NOW like that, he learned that from Richard Bandler.

This is not a sweatlodge, its a very extreme LGAT. Its intensive group brainwashing.
These are now turning into super-LGAT's, as they are using every technique at once on people.
And people are going to get their minds smashed by these sociopaths.

James Arthur Ray - Waiver of Liability, Risk, Indemnity Agreement
Date: October 10, 2009 11:31PM

[jamesray.com]
GENERAL EVENT RELEASE FORM
We have provided a General Event Release Form in this guide that each attendee
must sign, have witnessed and submit at registration. You will be required to submit a
signed and General Event Release Form in order to gain admittance to the event.

World Wealth Summit Release, Waiver of Liability,
Assumption of Risk, Indemnity Agreement and Disclaimer

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT YOU
ARE WAIVING ALL RIGHTS TO COMPENSATION IN CASE OF
INJURY.

In consideration of being permitted to participate in the World Wealth Summit event
(the “Event”) and being granted access to the premises where the Event will be
conducted, and for other good and valuable consideration, I agree to release, waive and discharge James Ray International, Inc. (the “Company”), its principals, directors,
shareholders, employees, agents, promoters, independent contractors, sponsors,
volunteer assistants, associated coaches, and others associated with the Company, or
any of them (the “Releasees”), from all liability to the undersigned for any loss or
damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the undersigned’s
person (whether physical, emotional, psychological, financial or otherwise) or property
or resulting in death, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise,
relating to the Event, whether sustained during the Event or not.

I am fully aware and understand that I will be given the opportunity by the Company to
participate in physical, emotional and other activities during the Event, some of which
may take place outdoors and/or require the participants to be isolated from one another and/or include very loud music. I am fully aware that I may suffer physical, emotional,financial or other injury during any of the Activities and there is and can be no assurance or guarantee regarding my health or safety in connection with my
participation in the Activities. I understand that (1) there are inherent risks in the
Activities; (2) people may have been seriously injured by participating in the Activities;
and (3) if I voluntarily choose to participate in the Activities, there is a risk that I may
receive injuries requiring medical attention. I fully understand and acknowledge that
there is no requirement whatsoever that I participate in the Activities. If I do choose to participate in any of the Activities, I affirm that I have not been nor will I be coerced or persuaded in any way to do so and I assume full responsibility for and risk of any injury sustained in connection with the Activities, whether caused by the negligence of Releasees or otherwise.

I also understand that the Company does not purport to offer any medical, psychological, therapeutic, religious, or other professional advice at the Event and that the information provided at the Event is not a substitute for professional psychological or psychiatric care. I agree that under no circumstances shall Releasees be liable to me based on my use or misuse of and/or reliance on any information provided to me at the Event. And I assume full responsibility for and risk of any injury whether personal, financial or otherwise that I might incur based on such use, misuse and/or reliance thereon.

Similarly, I understand and acknowledge that breaks may occur at irregular and varying
times and that Event hours are long and may last from approximately 8:00 a.m. to
midnight or later. I also understand and acknowledge that the temperature indoors and
outdoors may vary from very cool to balmy and I assume responsibility to dress in a
manner that can be adapted to the temperature as necessary for my comfort. I also
understand and acknowledge that smoking areas may not be available on the premises
of the Event.

I further understand that I will have the opportunity during the Event to engage in
discussions regarding products, businesses or business opportunities with other
attendees. I acknowledge that any decision to engage in a business relationship with an attendee, or with a person or entity in any way relating to my association with an
attendee, is entirely my own choice. Accordingly, I assume full responsibility for any
loss, whether financial or otherwise, that I might incur as a result of any such
relationship.

I expressly agree in no event shall the Releasees be liable to me, whether the claim be in tort, contract or otherwise for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special,
exemplary, or punitive damages (even if the Releasees have been advised of the
possibility of such damages).

I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees and each of them from any loss,
liability, damage or cost they may incur due to my participation in the Event or in any
way related to my presence on the premises of the Event, whether caused by the
negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.

I agree not to record by audio, video, photographic or any other means, any portion of
the Event. I also understand that all information and materials provided in connection
with the Event, including but not limited to workbooks and other written materials,
trademarks, logos, graphics and images (the “Materials”), are the copyrighted works and other forms of intellectual property of the Company. I understand and agree that I will not use the information or Materials provided at the Event for any purpose other than for my personal use and benefit. I understand and agree that I may not distribute,
transmit, display or broadcast in any manner the information or Materials for any
purpose.

I further expressly agree that this agreement is to be governed by the law of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines, and the release, waiver of liability, assumption of risk, indemnity and disclaimer provided herein are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the State of California and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall continue in full legal force and effect.

I acknowledge that I have been given the opportunity by the Company to ask questions regarding any aspect of this Release, Waiver, Assumption of Risk, Indemnity Agreement and Disclaimer. By signing below, I acknowledge that I have carefully and completely read and fully understand all aspects of this agreement and voluntarily agree to all of the terms and conditions stated in this document and that in doing so I have not relied upon any oral representations, statements or inducement apart from statements made expressly herein.

DEMO COPY ONLY. YOU WILL SIGN THIS FORM ON-SITE AT EVENT REGISTRATION.

Participant’s Name (Printed)
Witness’s Name (Printed)
Participant’s Signature
Witness’s Signature
Date
Date
Witness’s statement: I was present and
observed the above person read and
sign this form.

Name of Event: World Wealth Summit
Date of Event: October 16-17, 2009
Location of Event: Hyatt-Regency La Jolla
3777 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92122

Publicity Release Form

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
BY SIGNING THIS FORM YOU ARE WAIVING ALL RIGHTS TO COMPENSATION

In consideration for the opportunity to participate in and appear at this James Ray
International production (the “Production”), the undersigned (“Participant”) does hereby grant to James Ray International and its affiliated companies, successors, licensees, distributors and assigns (“JRI”), the unrestricted right to fix Participant’s image, participation and/or performance, as it appears in the Production, in whole or in part, by any means or method; and to use Participant’s name, voice, image and/or likeness as it appears in the Event, by any means, in any form, content or medium, including, without limitation, television, radio, internet, wireless, podcasting, theatrical and home distribution, sound recording, publishing and merchandising, and in order to advertise, promote or market JRI and its events.

Participant does hereby forever release and discharge JRI, its officers, directors,
employees, agents, representatives, successors, assigns and licensees ( the “Released
Parties”), from any and all actual or potential, known or unknown, suspected or
unsuspected claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages based upon or arising out
of any use of Participant’s name, voice, image likeness, or appearance in or in connection with the advertising, promotion or marketing of JRI and its events, including, without limitation, any and all claims that Participant has or may have for defamation, invasion of privacy or violation of the right of publicity, notoriety or any other claims arising out of or relating to any use by JRI of Participant’s name, voice, likeness or appearance. This release and the legal relations between the parties shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines.

Participant’s Name (Printed)
Participant’s Signature
Date

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 11:59PM by The Anticult.

Re: James Arthur Ray - Waiver of Liability, Risk, Indemnity Agreement
Date: October 10, 2009 11:36PM

That is one of the most outrageous "releases" for an LGAT seminar ever seen.
Notice the LGAT seminar structure is explained above, and they also have their "death clause" as well, even if its their fault! They say if they are negligent, then its your fault.

Notice how the releases are very similar.
THE SCHOOL FOR THE WORK WITH BYRON KATIE - RELEASE OF LIABILITY [forum.culteducation.com]

Re: James Arthur Ray - Waiver of Liability, Risk, Indemnity Agreement
Date: October 11, 2009 12:09AM

Landmark waiver. [forum.culteducation.com] [forum.culteducation.com]

PSI seminars waiver [forum.culteducation.com]

THE SCHOOL FOR THE WORK WITH BYRON KATIE - RELEASE OF LIABILITY [forum.culteducation.com]

James Ray International:
[forum.culteducation.com] Waiver of Liability,Assumption of Risk, Indemnity Agreement and
Disclaimer BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT YOU ARE WAIVING ALL RIGHTS TO COMPENSATION IN CASE OF INJURY.

James Ray Death Lodge
Date: October 11, 2009 12:41AM

James Ray Death Lodge [christinewhelan.wordpress.com]

James Ray sweat lodge deaths [cosmicconnie.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2009 12:54AM by The Anticult.

Current Page: 1 of 155

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.