Current Page: 192 of 197
Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 27, 2023 10:36PM

. And I guess they will do everthing to keep up their Nydahlism universe, they will cling together. That is what they were always practising instead of buddhism.

Cultus of personality emphasize Sangha.

The other two jewels -- Buddha and Dharma get lip service only.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mary Lou ()
Date: September 30, 2023 08:21PM

As far as I'm aware Nedo Ripoche has been asked to look after DW. Ole is completely out of order in his own world.I have these informations from good friend who is still in DW. Karmapa will be looking after the whole transition. Anyway time will tell. Nedo Ripoche is my Lama and he will have plenty of work with bunch of Nydhalists. I've heard that one day Karmapa couldn't show up for the lecture during one of the courses and Nedo showed up instead. Audience was very unhappy about it,they have been very disappointed and disrespectful towards Nedo. I won't be sharing any comments about it.

Date: November 19, 2023 09:11AM

[buddhismus-kontrovers.info]

I was hoping Ex-Diamantweg was a place where ex-members would speak out about the abuses, but it seems they are still in the cult mindset and simply preparing fopr life post-Nydahl.

I wonder if they will split.

Posted by: 7 of 108 ()
Date: November 20, 2023 12:58AM

This is a really irritating offer. The text on the webpage is typical DW/ Ole Nydahl language. I did some quick research: The contact info on the page names a lady who is part of the Thich Nath Hanh Intersein Sangha Rosenheim.

What is this???

Date: November 20, 2023 04:51AM

Maybe this lady is an ex Ole student who changed to Thich Nhat Hanh and is trying to give a helping hand by applying Thich Nhat Hanh teachings to troubled Ole students… It is just my personal suggestion, but knowing a bit of Thays teachings, like careful compassionate communication techniques, it would make sense.

Maybe she can help somebody, why not?

Date: November 23, 2023 03:11AM

I would like to withdraw my previous statement, it sounds way too naiv for me now.I am very ambivalent about the website that published the offer/ link to this ex DW group. I think people should be carefull.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2023 03:18AM by 7 of 108.

Date: November 23, 2023 06:04PM

I would like to share here a post I saw which perfectly encapsulates Ole Nydahl's behaviour and the victim-blaming party line of his cult called 'Diamond Way'.

[Tigger warning for some: this mentions Ole Nydah's sexual abuse of followers.]

ext_2127898

As a way of trying to heal myself and restore what I believe is right and what is not and also to find a way back info a life without pain, I would like to share my experience instead of continue hiding it (and myself).

I have been sexually abused by Ole Nydahl myself. There was a age difference of about 40 years between us when he had sex with me and I was in very difficult circumstances, feeling unsure about myself, my future and my life in general. I feel that he totally misused my faith and longing for a more meaningful life and my openness as a student. It seemed to me that letting him have sex with me was what I had to do in order to please my teacher and in order to learn and to improve myself. I did several therapies to try to get over these experiences but the wounds are still deep and I would warn strongly everybody to get near this man who cannot control his sexual desire and misuses his own students for his pleasure. He did not care if I wanted to sleep with him or not, sometimes woke me up in the middle of the night, just to have sex and misused my sense of feeling tired, overpowered and general sense of not feeling strong about myself and my live. How this person can be considered a spiritual teacher is what I cannot understand any more. I find his behaviour extremely irresponsible, careless and dangerous. I am thankful that this blog exists and whish I would have been informed before so I would not have made these very difficult experiences.

...and the 'party line' of the cult:

Scott Anthony DiIorio

If a person calls anything a cult (or group) it is because it doesn't fit their beliefs, and they have the ego and desire to be right.

A majority of negative posts about Diamondway, and some clearly by the same handful of people, is due two many factors. THey are not experienced in it, and have issues they have yet to work out, but isn't that why we meditate?

I have read comments and wonder where information comes from. Certainly not from Buddhist teachings. If you are bent to slander, then once again the issue inside yourself remains.

Listen but question. You are told that. Learn, but find within yourself. You are taught that. A path is not clear until you break away the issues, and deal with them.

At first I had my doubts. I may not agree with 100% of Lama Ole's teachings. Then again It dawned on me that this man pushes buttons on purpose, then later, you get it. the "But you said...." then the "Oh wait I get it, ok I will let go of those things".

This post goes on further but the point remains. Victim-blaming. If you get sexually abused by Ole Nydahl, it's YOUR fault that you weren't enlightened enough. If you speak out, you have 'ego problems'. Just keep ignoring the red flags and 'let go of those things'.

What a horrible cult Ole Nydahl has created.

Here's the original posts and source: [buddhistgroup.livejournal.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2023 06:05PM by OleNydahlIsAFraud.

Date: November 24, 2023 02:55AM

I would not waste my time with quotes of self- invented teachers who follow the scheme of their idol ( I refer to the second quote) In case you want more of his enlightening teachings (lol) here is his website: [houstonbuddhism.wordpress.com]

This guy has his own website about buddhism where he publishes his own teachings. I recommend the „short“ indroduction „about me“.

It is such a proof of egoless“ness“!!! Lol

If I get angry at one of those nydahlists , I love to find out about them. Then
you know how to take it! ;))

Posted by: Maryjane ()
Date: December 07, 2023 04:22PM

I was in DWB for almost 16y and this is what I learned about them:

They will place a puppet as the "Karmapa", cos they cannot tell the truth that the real karmapa doesnt wish to be "Karmapa" anymore. The same thing which happened with the spanish tulku who ditched buddhism later and lived a normal life after.
Reincarnation positions for western people will never work, its something that is against their built psyche - the freedom of our individualistic societies. This freedom no Tibetan buddhist tulku system nor their culture, can replace from our western minds of free will.

All this makes DWB rather a political buddhist lineage - they will rather see market themselves (like everyone else) with Karmapas legacy of work and a puppet as the Karmapa "as long as it benefits all beings". They are one of the most fraud and non-idealistic people I have ever seen in any field of life. They say theyre about the truth but they are not ultimately if it doesnt serve their cause.

There is no Karmapa no more, he left somewhere after his last life and didnt comeback. I cant blame him for he was betrayed by about everyone possible around him:

Shamarpa - not arriving at 16th Karmapas death bed then choosing a scam candidate which is well known in Tibetan circles

Ole & Hannah Nydahl - not arriving at all to 16th Karmapas request to Zion
This is mostly due to Ole having previous bad karma with the Karmapa and it lighting a fire again from the way past.

Other high not named "Rinpoches" of Karma Kagyu who were no show nor did they follow any lines of orders before and after 16th Karmapas death, whom put their own fake candidate who has admitted that he has no memory of being the 16th Karmapa, like the other candidate saying the same thing too - so both "karmapas" now have admitted not having any links to 16th Karmapa. But still the political show of Karma Kagyu spins off. This is not a setting where one can believe any truths the Tibetans are giving like: "Karmapa can emanate as two people at the same time" or "Guru Rinpoche was born out of a lotus flower in the middle of a lake" -which are both poetic expressions, but sold as absolute truths to westerners and lower realm of beings, whom still think that "Buddha" is a "god" whom can make anything happen at the snap of ones fingers.

Sadly most part of the DWB sangha is at this level - very low wits if they even know the word and they fight their lives cos they cannot break even in anything as they are mediocre in everything, nor do they wish to throw themselves to the practice of dharma, as its more easier to be a follower inside the bubble but not become the bubble. Liberation is DWB new goal they just name it as enlightenment cos its more marketable.

"Lama Ole" was a reality-tv -like phenom in his own DWB circles. He travelled the world all the time and his lectures were mostly about things outside of buddhism, like his sex life. When his lectures started he put up his dating office open, then moved to immigration politics to shine more light for his heroic manners. Then lastly spice it up with the history of buddhism and how its buddhism hes protecting. He mustve been protecting the covers of his own books, as in reality there was not much of buddhism in some of his politically dominant lectures, advertised as buddhist topics around the world. He never told openly that he was beaten in Turkey while trying to spread buddhism there in 70's. You can see his PTSD try to take over in some youtube interviews, but his wife then Hannah saves him. Too bad Oles betrayal on 16th Karmapa split this go happy go lucky -couple.
Hannah was traveling a lot to Asia to do whatever was asked, but later hearing from Ole he said they were played by the asians/tibetans. Lama Ole never showed any appreciation towards meditation himself as he thought of himself as perfect buddha, which is ridiculous, but not suprising by his huge ego. Ole Nydahl is a person who will leave the women and sick behind.

I am not a fan of Lama Oles way of fulfilling his teacher - student relatioinship
especially when it comes to the chosen one-way -methods he has chosen to work with, namely computers and all of your internet devices without asking.

The future for DWB is an Asian Express - Doing many laps back to Asian countries as Ole Nydahl most namely didnt wish to continue the transmission with the 16th Karmapa, as he betrayed him cos he knew Hannah was going to be his mother is the Karmapa had a chance to ask about it. And therefore both Nydahls were a no show as Ole Nydahl played his wife and Karmapa.

---------------------------------------------------

noun: Free will

the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion.

Posted by: Maryjane ()
Date: December 07, 2023 06:04PM

I feel liberated to add that I am not stuck in following some lama or guru, I can make my own life and view.

---------------------------------------------------

noun: Free will

the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion.

Current Page: 192 of 197

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.