Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Date: June 26, 2023 12:11AM

Hi,

No, haven't seen it. Nor am I looking at it now sorry. Even one single Foto of him makes me sick. Because I believed in his shit, I lost everything. I actually would love to see him in prison. He is kind of already in one, in his own strange, confused crazy mind. I guess all the damage he did to his followers and poor wives all falls back on him now.

We went to see 'hannah' at the cinema some years ago. It amazes me it was allowed to be played for the general public without a warning. Mind you, there was hardly anyone there :-) serves them right!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2023 12:14AM by freedomofspeechmetoo#.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 7 of 108 ()
Date: June 26, 2023 12:39AM

I saw it too- and put it in the garbage like his books.

The superficial, big mouth style of his writing makes me sick and embarrassed. Nothing touches me or transmits to me, when Iread them. All what was left is a huge questionmark.

I hope that the transmission video might open people’s eyes before they drop into the organisation.It is not so easy to find, maybe they tried to remove it from the net.

Nice to talk to you ,by the way- it is so healing to be able to speak free ;) and be understood.

Date: June 26, 2023 01:31AM

I found the book 'buddha and love' really poor. Didn't make sense at all. Just some rambling on about some wierd ideas. And in those days I really wanted to make sense of it. I remember I tried to reread and reread it again and again until I found some meaning. After the third time I gave up and 'lost' my copy at some place or another. Didn't have the heart to throw it in the bin. Nowdays I wouldn't even buy it.

Strange how things change entirely. For that I am very thankful. They did teach me a lesson about being all so trusting. Too much even. Now I know that only I can find my own way. There is nobody to lead apart from me. Anything else would be hiding from the responsibility of my own life. That's what they do. Follow some narcissistic, right-wing weirdo. Hiding. From life. Their own life. Well, some need that. Some have to stay in it. I also get that and as hard as it is I'm trying to accept it. They don't have a life outside anymore. They would fail. Their own life!! So terrible. So many weak individuals hiding in that cult and feeling all so special.

Yeah, I don't know if we can 'talk' freely here but yes, nice 'speaking' to u, too. I suppose one has to stay in the anonimity as much as one can.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2023 01:40AM by freedomofspeechmetoo#.

Date: June 26, 2023 02:29AM

Yes that is the core lesson: to reflect oneself and find and disolve the patterns that lead into this. I was always too much in good faith and did not trust my own perception. Plus this buckling of authorities. Too much faith in the general goodness of buddhism…

I would agree 100% with your analysis of the life of devotees of DW. That is why they are so triggered if anyone critizes O.N.- it shakes their life design.

They lost the chance to be themselves and have a honest development.

Posted by: letif ()
Date: June 29, 2023 01:57AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2023 02:09AM by letif.

Date: June 29, 2023 02:24AM

Hi letif,

It took me months or a year and I almost worked myself through this whole thread before I dared to post something. It was awful to notice how consistent the influence and doctrines I heard in the DW still are. The word „ deprogramming from a cult“ makes deep sense to me.

It always helps me to read about the stories of other Ex- DWs, thank you for sharing.

Date: June 29, 2023 02:52PM

Letif,

all I can see is a full stop.

I guess u've made your point :-))

Posted by: Mary Lou ()
Date: July 06, 2023 08:26PM

Guys,

It took me over three years to get over this nonsense.
I'm still in touch with one couple, who are in DW but I'm trying to avoid them.
Occasionally they send me some invitations for the lectures but I kindly say that I'm not interested. When I listen to my friend I just can't believe how brainwashed he is. I think there is no hope for him.
How do I feel after those three years?
I came to conclusion that this whole pompous atmosphere about Tibetan Buddhism is just to attract people, nothing else.Its not different than Catholic church all same bull fertilizer,money making machine. I still feel enormous respect for big Rinpoches and Karmapas, especially 16 Karmapa Rangjung Rigpe Dorje who is my one and only true Guru. He is my only guide. I try to practice Buddhism in every day life by being a good and kind person,because dharma practice is about being a good, compassionate being and DW practissioners forgot about it. I was very angry with Ole and DW but I have my trust in Karmapa, I think He knew what's going to happen. On his death bed in hospital he didn't invite Ole and Hanna to say goodbye because He knew, what they are going to do.So my advice to you guys is to leave it behind as much as you can, hate will take away your good spirit and energy. Find yourself a hobby, different way of life, you don't have to practice Buddhism, give yourself time. I was looking for a different Sangha, different branch of buddhism and I've noticed that I don't need these people in my life. All I need is to be a good person.I meditate almost everyday, still do Nyndro. I wish you all peace of mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2023 08:35PM by Mary Lou.

Date: July 07, 2023 02:27AM

Very good words.
Thank you.

Date: August 13, 2023 04:47AM

In Germany there is a well-known trauma therapist, Verena Koenig. In a newsletter a few weeks ago, she talked about an encounter and her thoughts on it.
I too have often noticed how cold the Kagyu people are. How they like to talk about compassion, etc., but are strangely cold, scoff at non-Kagyu or talk about wars or executions of people of other faiths with a lot of laughter. Everything is allowed "when you see that everything is empty and have the right motivation". And if all the grim things are discussed with joy, then you are a very loyal student of O.N. because his core statement is "highest joy is highest truth".

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is the text in Verena Koenig's newsletter, I assume it will be of interest to some of the readers here.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today I would like to share an encounter with you that made me think. I recently met someone who had been studying the concept of awakening and "nonduality" extensively. I was very interested because people's personal experiences can often be inspiring. I was able to follow many things well and understand the "philosophy" of my counterpart. At a certain point, however, this is what happened: My counterpart began to describe suffering as an illusion and to conclude that it doesn't matter whether one eats a carrot or an animal, for example, since the animal's suffering is an illusion of the human mind . Likewise, there would be no need to mourn, since mourning would only come from acknowledging death as real, even though it is also an illusion.
As we continued our conversation, I got the impression that this person did not simply follow a philosophy or a belief, but rather an ideology that seemed to deprive her of all empathy. This touched me again and made me think (this is not the first time I have encountered this attitude, and yet it was particularly impressive here).

After a few cautious questions about the person's biography and life situation, I came to the hypothesis that this very cognitively disguised lack of empathy hides an old survival strategy: If you deny the suffering of others, you can no longer identify with and feel your own suffering you maybe "safe".

To me, this is a good example of how old survival strategies can rob us of empathy due to unresolved trauma trying to protect us. Because trauma breaks bonds.

Have you also had encounters in which you had the feeling that someone is sealing themselves off in a belief or an ideology and is looking for safety there while they are hardly reachable?
Or did you go through such a phase of life yourself? I think it is helpful that we realize that the path to integration and healing is always through connection.

It's easy to say and sometimes hard to walk, but it's so healing.

++++++++++++++
End of Newsletter
++++++++++++++

Another comment from me:
It should also be noted in this context this strange view that "one shouldn't talk about problems, because that makes the problems more real...which they actually don't have, they're just a game in empty space!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2023 04:57AM by letif.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.