Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: letif ()
Date: September 06, 2023 10:46PM

I see the text in the context of deprogramming.
In the group, every second sentence contains the words O.N. or karma.
Very poor communication.

One constantly receives an analysis of karma without being asked.
Improving karma is seen as a key ingredient to working in the group and giving money.
Everyone acts up with their analysis of karma as if they had the perspective full of wisdom.

What I wanted to say: the brainwashing is quite deep and complicated.
And so far I haven't found any text that says you should:
- constantly analyze every situation in daily life for karma
- throw a karma analysis at others without being asked

I like to hold back with further writing and just read along.
Maybe I expressed myself wrong or misunderstood something about of the forum.
No problem, I like to learn something new. Peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 06, 2023 11:21PM

The further context of the text was related to my post above: I had analyzed my own karma - and I thought I had bad karma because I ended up in such an absurd group.
Before that I always thought - over years - I had to learn something, just understand the group better , seeing through my blindness etc... total brain constructions without loving healing.
Then I realized: after all these years I have absolutely no idea how karma works and that I was doing a completely absurd analysis. That was a big step for me to free myself from the group.

Posted by: 7 of 108 ()
Date: September 07, 2023 01:23AM

Letif,

I could get it. Yes, this talk about karma and cleaning bad karma bla bla- these are typical DW standard phrases and they apply it to everything and everybody.

These things are difficult to get off one‘s mind.

I remember a teaching of karma by Karmapa on his Insta account…was completely different. Maybe you still find it there.

The Nydahl karma idea reminded me a lot of the concept of sin in christanity.

Posted by: Mary Lou ()
Date: September 07, 2023 11:53PM

Hi Letif,
When did you leave DW? Was it recently? It took me few years to get over the whole think with DW. Right now when I think about what's ahead of them I can only wish them to find the way out of their own confusion (it's their favourite word:) ) Best way to stop being angry in my opinion is to forgive them, because they are lost and the worst is just ahead Try to let it go, focus on something different. Don't look at the things from the perspective of karma, I think in case of DW we can only call it BAD LUCK haha.
All the best my friend.

Date: September 08, 2023 12:29PM

Thank you 7 of 108 and Mary Lou for your words.

Date: September 09, 2023 12:31AM

I wouldn‘t consider it bad luck or bad karma- I consider it a huge step on the way. A situation we met only due to our unconscious choices and patterns and by getting through it and looking at those patterns, we remove a lot of confusion and hindrances. This experience helps us to make better choices and to find a way in life or spirituality that fits better. It is a huge, life shifting experience.

I am very thankful for this forum. It gave me the chance to break the taboo not to speak critically about O.N. and D.W. I love to break taboos and break free!!! And I love especially to break free from the dogmas and ideas of the DW groups imposed on me!
Bye bye Diamond Dead End!

Letif, I hope you will never be so desperate again-as you mentioned.I am sure this is a good place to speak in such situation and I guess somebody will read it and give some support.

Date: September 11, 2023 04:49PM

It is important that karma not be used as a way to victim blame, as that is how it is used in the Ole Nydahl cult. I'm not saying that's what you've done, this is just a general statement.

Date: September 25, 2023 04:46PM

Of course, now that Ole Nydahl has dementia (if that's true), and as his health declines due to age, his cult will enter it's most challenging period yet.

The most challenging period for any cult is to survive the death (or incapacitation) of it's leader. I'm sure there is a power struggle happening within the inner circle of the Diamond Way cult, as they all struggle for influence and control. I guess we'll find out what happens, and whether the cult survives after Ole Nydahl.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 25, 2023 09:23PM

Look for Diamond Way spin offs --- various teachers and lamas setting up their own businesses.

Some may state they are Diamond Way lineage. Others may hide this.

Rule of thumb: Does any teacher (and sangha) emphasize Buddhist teachings --- or is the focus on the personality and whims of the teacher?

Date: September 27, 2023 04:33PM

I think they shared the cake already within the organisation over the last years. And I guess they will do everthing to keep up their Nydahlism universe, they will cling together. That is what they were always practising instead of buddhism.Maybe a funny religion will develop from it, with rituals where a junior protector and a beautiful woman will unite in front of the altar…:D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.