Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Date: December 21, 2015 06:30AM

Thanks for recalling this document, dharmabum. I had forgotten about David Muncie AKA Tusta giving testimony.
...They heard an unusual witness, David Muncie spiritual master from Thailand. His presence was meant to be a very important event in this case for members of the cult and the Court. Between the designated Court hearings, an emergency hearing was called. A spiritual master, with an interpreter, in a Court room full of Caytanya Mission believers lectured for 4 hours on the philosophical base of the cult. The lecture was an example of a sophisticated manipulation of various elements drawn from the philosophy of Hinduism and Christianity. He had to convince Catholic members and also the Court that the Caytanya Mission doctrine does not contradict Christianity, and allowed to get rid of doubts, if they had any. One had to be confirmed theologian to make a careful study and find a distortion and falsification. Unprepared persons could not notice such differences. And such an assumption gave the leaders of the organization
courage to appear in Court...

European Federation of Centres of Research and Information on Cults and Sects

Download the PDF - I am a mother, whose son was recruited into the cult Caytanya Mission at the age of 18. At the head stands Jagad Guru / Chris Butler...

I agree with Ian that an 18 year old has the right to make his own decisions, no matter how foolish. I also believe that it is futile to attack this cult for their religious beliefs or practices. These are the reasons the suffering mother lost in court. There was another court case brought against this cult for abducting a young boy and the boy's suffering father fared no better in court, but for different reasons. I'm updating my article "Chris Butler and a Rockefeller Heiress" with new information about that abduction and will post it soon.

Now, back to David Muncie (Tusta), now deceased. Would that case in Poland have gone differently if the court knew about the star witness Tusta's ties to drug smuggling? This is why I spend so much time researching the illegal activities within the Cult of Chris Butler and making the results a matter of public record. My recent article on Gray Gleason contains fascinating tales about drug smuggling in this cult and within ISKCON. Maybe the old-timers here can comment on Gray Gleason. I realize that some ex-followers won't want to incriminate themselves, but it is important to seek comments from sources who were in-the-know. Hiding behind religion cannot protect criminals in the long run.

From a source: “..We do have this info as well convicted Drug Smuggler Alexander Kulik of Laguna Beach. Google the name a whole bunch of stuff happened with this guy… “…Tusta told me he would smuggle dope in the tire of VW camper vans. Maybe Butler was just piggybacking off Laguna’s drug racket they had going…Chances are Siddhswar was around the Laguna beach temple, as was Tusta, etc they all go back to those days. The businesses they set up were all fronts for Money laundering. I remember (Patrick) Bowler telling me about a Maui Juice company he owned around that time.”

From Meet Gray Gleason [flashlightonroaches.wordpress.com]

Flash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2015 06:31AM by flashlight_on_roaches.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: IanKoviak ()
Date: December 21, 2015 10:25AM

"Maui juice. King of the Juice!". I recall the Jewish community on Maui getting bent out of shape about this running tag line of theirs.

We also have to be careful to not lump all crazies associated with this group as reflections of the character of all members.

I think the fundamental focus should be on butler knowingly accepting service and monies from these clowns, thus making him a clown. And obviously highlighting his clowning around.

I think it's safe to say most parents in the butler cult wanted the best for their kids no matter how messed up they exhibited that affection. Hence my issue with the fundamental wrongs of religious fanatacism, regardless of specifics. It's a gross distortion of and artificial imposition on the mind that allows for much distortions of truth and potential for criminal conduct, neglect and justification of damaging behavior and belief systems.

Most repenting criminals will retreat from public life or make amends to try to gain trust over time. Many times religions and cults become perfect covers for these nuts to evade the prying eye. It's hard to see through the holy front and also difficult for courts to dice deep without looking like their attacking the religion and faith of peaceful folks.

Any threats, as Rama is revealing, should be documented with the authorities , AKA, police, lawyers etc, for documentation. Not just this forum.

Any sane parent or others associated with the group should extricate them selves from a group with known criminal characters and questionable behavior. There's obviously other groups to join if you really feel compelled to follow a vaishnava

path but also it will not hurt to go solo for some time to just take shelter of your God while waters are rough in your "clan". It's the responsible thing to do unless you want to go down with the ship, so to speak.

Posted by: IanKoviak ()
Date: December 21, 2015 12:57PM

The tall tale sign that these fools are guilty is the fact that for years they've been hiding and pushing this "eternal guru" version of butler. All the images online of him are form 30 years back. All the websites are simplistic domains proliferated with lecture and scripture quotes. You have no access to this "jagged Guru". Hell, you have more access to Jim Jones and pother total scoundrels then you do to them. And few if any come to their guru's defense. Certainly this must be a total Judas complex for most of the followers. How can they stand by and let their guru be dragged through the mud? Maybe it's because a small voice in their heads is saying, "holy shit! We've been following a fraud for more than half our life". If that does not fill you with dread and anxiety and a sense of utter depression, shoot, I don't know what turns yer stomach at night... Certainly some guru telling you that you're not your body and that life troubles arise from lust an greed and that love is the only way is not reason enough to turn a blind eye to the sheer insanity surrounding this guy and his "intimate entourage".

I'm still troubled by the threat that Rama received. Not so much because I think it's real or not, but because it's so symbolic of the base insanity associated with many cults and religious fanatics. A simplistic sense of reason seems to fly right out the window when God is your Shepard. Everything becomes free game. I worry at times about the opposite. The ex-cult mind, finding itself in the foreign land of "chaotic material life" becoming unstable and having little to grab onto for a sense of anchoring. It's in some ways why atheism as a "mark" I put on myself has helped me stay "sane" for whatever that means. But at least I'm not associated with some false notion I may not be the happiest man on earth or have some issue sand troubles and still trying to figure out my sense of place in the scheme of things... But it sure beast basing my sense of reality on myth and fairytales. In the least, it's a place of "reason". Often devotees speak of reason as some detriment to the spiritual path and progress in life. That reason alone cannot make for a better life. I disagree. It's the one thing that distinguishes us from animals. Spirituality is not something that distinguishes us form animals. Reason is. Certainly animals are a lot more "spiritual" than us. They dwell little on death. They are often content with very little, and for all we know, and based on our fundamental language differences, they are totally floating in a state of love of a god. Certainly we cannot measure this. I would way rather have my human right in the form of reason and critical thinking than to give that away for some superstitious ideas and un-varafiable goals.

We can all sit an debate this, but my point is: Our parents or "life" may have led us to this seemingly fantastical version of the "truth". Is it not to our credit and utmost benefit to use what little reason remains to try to balance that sense of reality and self and then, and only then, progress from that place forward? If someone has been telling you from day one that Mozart is the end-all of musical expression and that no other music comes close in it's effect and impact on the mind and senses, certainly we would be limiting our experience of life to just that frequency. So the the same would apply to the krishna flavor of spiritual ice-cream. To say something is all-inclusive when it's so very obviously not, both spiritually and materially, is frighteningly restrictive. All of a sudden, in this world of seeming endless color and potential, we halt evolution (of organism and mind) in favor of plastic, preformed, predictable pleasantness.

I rather use my label of atheist as a spring board from which I can learn and move forward than to fill my mind with pre-fabricated versions of reality. Starting from a place of science and evidence and realism can never be wrong and is more than most of the population is brave enough to do. Most of us are robbed of that very clear and logical starting point at birth or somewhere very early on.

We have argued that 18 years of age is about the right time to make our own decisions. I agree. But the tragedy of life is such that in most cases we have led a judo-christian religious experience up until that age, and then we get carried off by some slightly modified version of the "vaishnava" experience at 18. To the credit of the particular polish guys parents. At least they were trying to focus him on getting an education. We may argue the "usefulness" of a traditional education, but the fact remains that it's foolish to think that anyone is "ready" for a spiritual life without at least having a good footing in "world religions", "religious studies" and some basic understanding of modern day cosmology and psychology. From there we can begin to see if there is "something else"...

Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: December 24, 2015 08:19PM

Siddhaswarup has always been an anti-parent from day one, even with his own, and he rubbed off the hate among his followers. In the early days, devotees pride themselves being one. All right, that was the 60s.

The millennials are more educated now — the BS meter is intact, unlike the super emotional and delusional hippies. The notion that rebels are anti-parents is not cool anymore. Peace, love and understanding should start at home, not in love-ins, in peace rallies and in revolution after revolution – the many hypocrisies of the 60s era that have become more of a caricature than a lasting idealism of humanity. Thinking is back at the top, thank God.

Siddhaswarup is a product of an era. An era does not define a truly spiritual person, rather, he or she is consistent with the human spirit, let alone a master. A master is above flaws and definitions. This man should have been gone by now, to become just a blip or just an oddity in the social evolution of humanity. Instead, he hangs on, made adjustments to the dogma to cater to and prey upon a clueless Lululemon crowd, left-leaning yahoos and leftover of the hippie movement that could not let go, and so the racket continues.

On Christmas Eve, families will gather to renew and affirm the bond that is timeless and unconditional. Whether it’s Christmas or Kwanza or Hanukkah, way before these religious brands, humans celebrated this binding love energy we share with other species, even among the fiercest.

Unfortunately this Christmas Eve, some families will be missing members at the table.

Merry Christmas to all members of the Truth Force and the Anti-cult movement. Thanks to Rick Ross for making this possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2015 08:30PM by dharmabum.

Date: December 25, 2015 05:19AM

Hawaii island businessman Larry Mehau dies

"...Mehau was once accused of by a Honolulu City Prosecutor’s aide, Rick Reed, of being the “godfather” of organized crime in Hawaii — a charge he strongly denied. He sued Reed for libel and invasion of privacy..."

What does Chris Butler have in common with Larry Mehau? An obsession with politics plus allegations of drug smuggling. For whatever reason, Chris Butler used his puppet, Rick Reed, to destroy Mehau who said "that written word will follow me the rest of of my life".

Mehau himself admitted he would never be able to lose that label

Flash

More sources:

A list of all forum posts mentioning Mehau:

"...Hey even Larry Mehau would probably donate to a lawsuit against the godfather of organized nut cases in Hawaii, Chris Butler..."
[forum.culteducation.com]

A penetrating look at the darker side of a sunny paradise

Larry Mehau ... alleged Godfather of Organized Crime in Hawaii ... connected to Naone, a suspected international drug trafficker

Date: December 25, 2015 06:15AM

...When a small new newspaper on Maui called The Valley Isle published a rumor about an alleged “godfather” of organized crime (Larry Mehau) and was hit with a multi million-dollar lawsuit as a result, Advertiser staff writer Walter Wright was assigned to find out who started the paper and what their goals were. He concluded that the paper was only a small part of the “real” story: a loose-knit community of religious devotees, taught by a charismatic young guru and quietly making giant strides in business and politics...

Flash

Rebel against power trips: Chris Butler, maverick with 1,000 followers, Hawaii’s Other Krishna’s – Part II, The Honolulu Advertiser, August 22, 1977

Date: December 26, 2015 09:51PM

The Australian School Of Meditation is a front and dedicated recruitment arm for Chris Butler Siddhaswarupananda and his cult.

http://asmy.org.au

According to this article, they are an extremely homophobic cult and a destructive high demand closed group

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21912/science-of-identity

The ASMY runs The Mantra Room, a series of cult front locations, at least 3 across Australia.

Much like The Bhakti Yoga Shack of Kauai, The Mantra Room is packed with loyal Chris Butler enslaved children and mind control victims of all ages.

Stay away from any yoga studios who promote Kirtan and Bhakti Yoga, these are little more than bogus and secretive Hare Krishna cults who cannot recruit openly any more. They are so ashamed of their true master Chris Butler Siddhaswarupananda and their true beliefs detailed in the previous 551 pages of this forum, that they must pitch it to the unwitting cult victim as Astanga Yoga and Meditation, which it is not. It is mantra based mind control and absolute dedication to a destructive cult and an abusive cult leader and system.

Here is a nausea inducing clip from the Australian cult front with the creepiest blend of Jesus and Hare Krishna you will likely ever see.

http://youtu.be/BOXCoRBGqGQ

Notice the segregation of men and women. Notice the large proportion of females to males and understand this is a personality cult who worships the decrepit Chris Butler Siddhaswarupananda.

These females seem to fall for the formula of groupie like worship of this charlatan cult leader more than the guys do, making the few dudes you see here truly f***ing pathetic.

These women and cute young females are used to lure new converts into the cult, but if any potential converts/single blokes are reading this, take note:

These chicks do not put out!!!

These girls will only give up that cult poon tang for the purpose of breeding children into the mind controlled subjugation of Chris Butler Siddhaswarupananda.

Try TINDER instead, you dudes are welcome, save yourself the unnecessary decades of cult whipped/pussy whipped blue balled agony.

Merry Krishnas! Ho Ho Ho, they are just a bunch of Chris Butler Cult Hos!

Revenge
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: December 26, 2015 11:49PM

After sharing Flash's latest post with a friend who was involved in the production of Butler's newspapers on Maui- the following was sent to me. He wishes to keep his anonymity. Butler was referred to as "Siddha" back then in the mid 1970's.

Anonymous Exer
We did what we were told. Rick Reed would meet with Siddha and some of the staff to dictate what each issue should focus on. The newspaper was to become an advertising and propaganda medium solely to advance Siddha's political ambitions. At the time, we all thought we were saving the world and serving Krishna directly. A government directly under the Will of God through his Pure Devotee. Heady and intoxicating stuff. It motivated us to work long hours with little sleep, crappy food, and poor living conditions. But we didn't care. Belief can be such a high.

People were allowed to pitch some ideas that featured environmental issues and simple living. One issue featured people who were living self sufficiently on wind power. Interestingly, most of the "wind millers" were people who had made a lot of money selling drugs and were now retired in their 30's living in off-grid, custom homes, never needing to work again. Others bought coffee plantations or other businesses to get out of the drug trade.

The paper was ridiculously simple to produce because it was all interviews. One lady transcribed tapes in a tiny, dark shack all day long 7 days a week. She eventually flipped out and left. Reed would edit a bit and maybe write an intro. Siddha approved every word and layout before it was printed up.

We did stories about small, local businesses like Maui Potato Chips and Haiku Juice (which was a Butler business at the time). Haiku Juice was canned locally.
We also did stories about local musicians like the Ho'opi'i Brothers. I remember this because in exchange we were supposed to give them a bunch of Haiku Juice to appear in an ad. Hesh Goldstein (who was managing the distribution) was so cheap he only gave over two cases. I was embarrassed to deliver it. Needless to say, the brothers were bummed, but in polite Hawaiian fashion didn't say a thing.

The whole staff, including Rick Reed lived in separate funky houses and shacks at a compound hidden somewhere between Haiku and Makawao on Maui. No one knew we produced the paper there back from the main road in the jungle. Siddha had his own house. This was far from the kind of luxury in which he would eventually live and he didn't have all these environmental illness issues. No one was allowed to go near his house unless invited. Only his house cleaner was allowed to enter to deliver meals or clean. Everyone really believed him to be a holy saint at the time.

When Siddha started to plan the Larry Mehau/Godfather issue, I became very concerned. Why was this such a big deal? This is when Siddha had one of the Moore brothers build a trap door in the closet of his bedroom which led to a path in the jungle. I wondered, if Mehau came after the paper, Rick Reed and the staff would be targets. No one knew Siddha was behind the whole thing (except his devotees). Why weren't we given protection and escape routes too? I thought this was a bit paranoid of a pure devotee. Doesn't Krishna protect him? What really pisses me off is the fact that Siddha never even once considered the danger he was putting his followers in by challenging Mehau! We were scared after that issue went out, but young and dumb. While being told to chant the "Nrishinghadev" prayers for protection, I imagined my own escape route. Fuck Siddha!

I still couldn't figure out how Siddha knew all this shit about Mehau and why was it so important to him? I mean, crime is everywhere. Wasn't the purpose of the newspaper to focus on spirituality, simple living, and godliness? Reed was still fresh from the mainland recovering from a bitter divorce. He knew NOTHING about local people or politics. Looking back, I feel really stupid that it didn't occur to me that Siddha might have been involved in the drug trade. How else would he have known so much about local organized crime? How clever of him to later put Reed in the district attorney's office with his wife Carter! A good way to keep tabs on what the law knew.

Given the evidence that several of Siddha's top followers were involved in drug dealing and allegedly other illegal scams, I wonder if Larry Mehau's organization crossed swords with Siddha's gang? Was Mehau such an obsessional target because he messed with the Siddha Boy's drug business? Was it revenge?

Flash forward to Rick Reed's smear campaign against Senator Inoyue. Was it revenge? If you read Willis Butler's book "Barbara" you will see that Siddha's Dad considered Inoyue a war criminal over his Vietnam War policies. Siddha grew up hating Inoyue.

What's the pattern? One is Rick Reed's penchant for being a patsy for Siddha over and over again. The other is that Mr. Butler may be no stranger to revenge.

Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: December 26, 2015 11:55PM

Hey Rama ~
I laughed at your last post till my stomach hurt. So funny, but so true!

Guru in your bedroom - do you want a three way?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 27, 2015 01:27AM

What isn't funny is what happens to the people who get partnered, then married in a personality driven group.

Here are a handful of examples in which gurus have interfered with marriages.

* Rajneesh (also known as "Osho") The Osho ashram remains thriving in Poona, India. Many Osho devotees are active in the rave scene in Goa, Ibiza, and other
'hip' ex patriate areas.

[www.google.com]

* Prabupada

[www.google.com]

* Michael Gottlieb (deceased) Royal Way "Marriage Courts"

They are not told that their marriage may develop into the psychological equivalent of a "three-way".

A guru may be loving and wise early in his or her career. Yet this guru may regress into arrogance after years of being coddled, years of being surrounded by an inner circle of flatterers. That guru may feel entitled to manipulate devotees and interfere in their marriages, intrude into their erotic lives and childrearing.

A guru may select an unworthy successor. There are incentives for ambitious persons to flatter and intrigue in order to be designated the next guru. Once enthroned, the ambitious successor may feel entitled to exploit all the privileges of power after years of groveling.

In such situations the guru will play God and intrude into disciples' family lives. To admit that a guru is an unworthy heir
means admitting that the deceased guru was not infallible and had imposed
a corrupt successor.

Sudhir Kakar warned that after years of exposure to adoration, the very outcome courted by the guru, this leads to disciples devaluing themselves so they can believe the guru is superior, and leads the guru to develop ego
inflation - and a commensurate contempt for the disciples.

Boundaries erode. The guru feels entitled to intrude; disciples lose capacity
to defend themselves. Worse, after years in the group, exit costs are high.

Too often, gurus have felt entitled to intrude upon the erotic lives of
their devotees and interfere with marriages and childcare.

Imagine having the guru telling you what to do in bed. That, friends is a
three way.

Here is a thought experiment. I have no way of knowing this is what they
do in Chris Butler's group or not.

It is just a thought experiment. There are lots of gurus out there. (Titles vary).

What if, before you get married, you are told, in full and up front, that you will end up having a big picture of the guru in your bedroom?

And in an area where you....err...had to look at that picture at every moment, Ooookaaaay??

Now that this romantic scenario is fixed in your imagination...

Is that what you really want? Would you still want to get married under
those conditions?

But -- you are not told up front what will be demanded of you. No. It is all
sweetness and light while you are both being courted and presented to the
community as the current example of the happy couple.

Ponder just what it means for the guru and group to be the Dominant Entity in your "marriage."

A guru who claims to be God will always be Top Dog. Marriages run second place.

But..you'll not be told this, not at first.

Friends,

Unlike adult consensual kink, you will not have been given the training or
opportunity to sit down and consciously negotiate in advance what you do and do not want.

In adult consensual kink all parties discuss what they want, what they expect what their limits are.

And - very important -- all parties negotiate and agree on "Safe Words" or signals that indicate when someone wants to pause, or needs to stop and leave
the scenario.

Above all - one can state one's limits with no fear of being shamed or guilt tripped.

The first step in successfully negotiating a three way is to establish that all three persons actually want this.

But with personality driven groups there is no such thing as boundaries, limits, or safe words -- because the domineering person regards you not
as people, but as property. You have NO legitimate way to refuse anything.

Do you both consent?

* Do You want the guru as a third party in your marriage? Suppose the guru
does morph slowly into a tyrant over the years and does begin to interfere
in your marriage? What if the guru dies and appoints an intrusive, tyrannical
successor who demands intrusion into your marriage and your shared erotic lives?

* Do you want the guru to tell you when and when not to do it?

* Do you want the guru to tell you what you can and cannot enjoy? What
if these are the only ways that you both enjoy?

* Do you want the guru to decree when you can have children or not?

* Do you want the guru to tell you what kind of birthing arrangement to have - who your OB, midwife, pediatrician should be?

* Do you want the guru telling you when or whether to breast feed, and for how long? Very many mothers find they cannot breast feed or do want to do so. Imagine implications of a guru intruding upon so private a matter.

* Do you want your own choice of baby sitter, or must you put your children in
supervision of people you actually do not like or trust, just because they are the guru's favorites?

* Do you want your child's medical care and education to be dictated by a guru?

--
[forums.craigslist.org]

[www.google.com]

In the blog, "Rituals of Disenchantment" one person commented
on time spent in the SYDA yoga cult, run by Gurumayi.

[ritualsofdisenchantment.blogspot.com]

I remember a couple who got 'worked on' by the 'guru' sending bouquets of flowers to the husband while ignoring the wife. Eventually they divorced from the jealousy of it all. THIS is spiritual companionship?

and

[ritualsofdisenchantment.blogspot.com]

Dear older but wiser,

Your post reflects my experience which was observing an extremely high-level person in siddha yoga and what happened to him. His "loyalty" was constantly tested by gurumayi. She gave him information and told him it was "for his eyes only", that, under no circumstances should he tell anyone, including his wife. I watched their marriage unravel as he held more and more "privileged information". I watched the guru play favorites with this person's children, focusing her attention on one, excluding the others.

I watched this high-level person struggling to maintain his integrity and lose and I saw the entire family consumed by separation and competition for "the guru's love". It was a very sad thing to see and had alot to do with why I left siddha yoga.

I remember having a conversation with this person one afternoon about "loyalty" to the guru, how it was "paramount". This person was such a truly compassionate and ethical human being and I still wonder what deep sickness could have driven gurumayi to destroy his integrity. It's as though she has a moral "slime gun" and goes after the best of her followers until she "destroys their egos" and they become just like their guru.

Frankly, I have to say that gurumayi does not seem to have a clue about what "No Ego" really means.

sadhvi

So, consider what you want.

Yoga? Make sure you stay with just yoga, and don't let the lovely yoga community monopolize your friendships and recreation. Diversify your social assets.

You like the rave scene? Identify your sexual boundaries - an essential part of
growing up. If you're into poly amory, exploring the Osho connection might
be fine.

But if you recognize that you are, at heart, monogamous, you risk losing self respect if you get pressured into an Osho-ite social/sexual scene.

Someone once said, 'in prison you'd better figure out what sex you are, or others will decide that for you.'

These days, the same holds true for the spiritual seeker's scene.

You want a monogamous marriage? It wont be monogamous if your guru intrudes.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2015 10:27PM by corboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.