Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: eigenerherr ()
Date: August 20, 2015 05:59PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I was just really struggling with depression and exhaustion for a while there. Just a bit much really :) But getting over it now.

Haha Rama, you were lucky in a way being a guy growing up how we did. It just sucked being told I was basically sub human because I was female, so yeah, every chance I get to prove that I'm not. And smack mysogynistic views upside the head. But yeah ferrari/SUV analogy was the best way I could describe the difference.

And totally agree about ditching everything every human has whispered or written. I feel that everytime I see people get into religious debates based on religious texts. If you replaced the books with, say, a Harry Potter volume, it just kinda shows how pointless the debates are (in my mind). Because all religion is inherently man-made. It was written down by man, interpreted and enforced by man. It's man made by definition. I know I've been told I'm jaded towards religion, but what does everyone expect when religion was used to not only forcibly separate any emotional connection to our families, but remove the part of ourselves that has any connection to anything (our identity). When you get away from it long enough to look back on it without it having that emotional pull anymore, you really see those teachings for the manipulative, controlling crap they are. And enforcing those teachings on children is child abuse. You just need to look at the impact it had on the ISKCON kids that ended up suing. Of all the abuse, the worst part is the separation/rejection from your family. That connection/bond is sacred, and to try and break that just seems like pure evil to me. No good will ever come from doing that.

It has been enlightening watching The Children of the Hare Krishna's documentary. I don't know why, but I always thought SOI was so different from ISKCON, maybe as part of the numerous lies we were told, but after watching that it really hit home. It was the same thing, just different packaging. Right down to being forced to watch The Day After (that frigging movie traumatised me for years), to rubbing people's face's in urine (we had cats, and that's how we punished them for their accidents, I though that was just normal until today), to realising that the main teaching was to separate parents from their children. I have a number of painful memories from my childhood. The first was my parents telling me they took me to see Chris Butler when I was a baby. As I sat there merrily chewing on his newspaper, he laughed and said not to get too attached because children will inevitably leave. I thoroughly believed this was why they refused to connect to me emotionally. Another memory was being told that as a small child, one of the slightly older boys rescued me from under a horse while we lived at the temple in NZ. It distressed me wondering why I was (being younger than 4) allowed to just wander around alone around farm animals without supervision. I could have been trampled to death. They just thought it was funny. And finally, the lack of physical affection. I remember being hugged for the first time... at the age of 20. I didn't actually know what to do because I'd never been hugged before, so I just stood there with my arms by my side while my non-cult friend tried to hug me. I always thought it was a failure of my parents. But now, seeing that documentary, I've realised it was the whole culture of that group, and I can't even tell you how angry that makes me feel. What AC Bhaktivedante and Chris Butler took from us can never really be quantified. And for what really? So ACB could create a religion where he got to be God, or so Chris Butler can have a mansion with endless footbaths and personal slaves?? I can't help wondering when do I get justice? When do I get to see Chris Butler and my parents and everyone else who willingly participates in this abuse, still, be held accountable for their actions. I'm trying hard to let go of this anger, because I know it'll just end up burning me out, but it's just really hard not to feel the anger.

Anyway I've been digging up old articles, and found this, with the Australian School of Meditation and Yoga being the Australian front for the Science of Identity Foundation. Old Article of Australian School of Meditation. I found the Gold Coast bulletin recently (Jan this year) recommended them as a fun thing to do on the Gold Coast. I've written them a letter to ask them to stop recommending them as they use it for recruiting purposes. My dad is on the Kirtan page of the ASMY page, along with his old band buddies Eddie Hansen and Glenn Absolum. I'm just wondering how many more lives this group gets to destroy before they get stopped. It's even worse watching such talented and promising musicians having their "living force" sucked out of them by their guru and settling for a life of only performing Kirtan in the backwater community halls on the Gold Coast. Especially when they were actually the first white rock band to play China. And yet there they go, preaching Chris Butler's gospel, like a bunch of enthralled Brides of Dracula... I could go on, but I think I'm getting off course.

I guess one good thing, I'm done being scared or intimidated by them anymore. The more I read and see, the more I realise what a bunch of irresponsible knuckleheads these people are.

Also my comments about parents are directed at those still fully in and following Chris Butler, and knowingly turning a blind eye to their children's pain, and choosing their "guru" over the family they brought into the world and had a lifelong responsibility to protect and cherish. Those who were in and got them and their families out I have a lot of respect for, so don't feel that my words are directed at you. They're not. I just wanted to make that clear.

I'm also really glad that Tulsi Gabbard came out and admitted Chris Butler was her guru. About time. I cannot stand dishonesty. This just now lends credence to the assertion that the Gabbard family are long time followers of Chris Butler, despite their assertions they are not, bunch of liars, and shows them for the liars they are. I'm so sick of every SOI related business hiding who is part of the company, who the owners are, who the workers are, what they believe. And of the idiots doing it, because seriously? If you have to hide that information, isn't that the first glaring clue that maybe something is just slightly awry?? If you are too ashamed to admit who your guru is, WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING HIM!!!. My mum would always go "I don't know why we kept it all secret" like somehow I was going to provide her with the answer. I don't know! This is how YOU taught us to be. You answer the damn question and stop being so afraid of the answer. grr.

Anyway I'll stop now. Apparently it's venting night for me tonight.

p.s. awesome work to Flash, dabcult, rama and everyone else bringing this stuff to light. People like me really appreciate knowing we're not alone in this fight. Hasta La Vista baby.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 20, 2015 09:32PM

Srila Prabhupada reportedly had a pampered childhood.

One can get clues by reading the complete edition of Lord Krishna's Cuisine
by Yamuna Devi.

Devi was one of the earliest converts to ISKON and became a personal chef
for Srila Prabhupada.

Devi writes:

"One of Srila Prabhupada's travelling cooks, Srutakirti Das, told me a story
that confirmed Srila Prabhupada's appreciation of pooris. On an intercontinental flight, Srila Prabhupada was relishing a baasi poori from his lunch box.

"When I was a boy", he said, "my father encouraged my favorite tastes. He would
return home from work long after I had been sent to bed, would wake me up to sit together and relish our favorite combination: hot pooris and hot milk. Up until nearly my twentieth year, I only ate pooris as my bread--I had no taste
for chapatis and practically refused to eat them. It was awkward to go to a
friend's home for prasadam and not eat chapatis if they were served, but
somehow I always managed to avoid having to eat them."

Lord Krishna's Cuisine, by Yamuna Devi, 1987 Bala Books, page 137

(At the end of this essay, there's a footnote describing pooris. This was no ordinary midnight snack. It was a luxury item.)

If Prabhupada told the truth and did not fantasize, it appears he had a close relationship with his own father.

Making it the more troubling that he taught disciples to withhold affection from their own children.

Here is another anecdote from Lord Krishna's Cuisine. If true, it suggests
that Prabhupada was pampered outside of the family circle.

This story has to do with kachoris - a type of fried pastry.

"As a child, Srila Prabhupada liked to watch the street vendors cooking on the busy roadside accepted kachoris from them until all the inside and outside pockets of his vest were filled.

"That pastime won him the name "Kachori-mukkhi" or "Kachori-mouth" from his grandmother."

Lord Krishna's Cuisine, page 489.

Readers, look closely at this scene.

If this story is true, young SP was pampered away from home -- with apparent
approval of his grandmother. And given so many fried pastries that his vest pockets were full.

Those vendors were lavishing food upon a single boy.

There is no shortage of hungry children near an Indian food vendor's stove.
The vendors would have gone broke had they given free goodies to just half of these kids.

So Srila Prabhupada forbade disciples to dote on their children the way Prabupada's own family had doted on him.

History was cruel to Bengal, to Calcutta and very likely was cruel to a silver broker's family.

Here is what history visited upon Calcutta -- which Prabhupada survived.

Calcutta and Bengal Famine 1943

[www.google.com]

[www.google.com]

Calcutta Partition Riots 1947

[www.google.com]

Images

[www.google.com]

Perhaps that may be why Prabhupada created a sect which perfected escapist mood states and which consistently ignores history and looks to a mythical, idealized past.

A sect which put focus on food and acquisition of money.

A sect in which disciples restored Prabhupada to favored child status, enthroning him, bowing to him, depriving their own children of care and attention.

A guru who could ignore his city's history in favor of a Vedic golden age
would know how to teach whole scale denial to disciples.

[ashoksridharan.wordpress.com]

Perhaps the Bengal Famine of 1943 sent Prabhupada on his mission to colonize
the Western mind. He was all too successful.

His legacy:

Emotionally famished children.

Legacy

The economic dislocations caused by the famine, war in the east and the partition of Bengal four years later sent the region of Bengal on a vicious downward spiral. Once the most prosperous province of India, Bengal remains to this day an economically backward region

[ashoksridharan.wordpress.com]

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2017 07:48AM by corboy.

Expert in Hawaii politics speaks up
Date: August 21, 2015 09:34AM

Bart Dame, a leading expert on politics in Hawaii, spoke up today on Facebook about Tulsi Gabbard and Chris Butler.

A few excerpts:
... Yesterday, a friend forwarded my comments about Tulsi finally admitting in public that Chris Butler is her Guru. It resulted in my being criticized for my "intolerance."

There are so many, liberally-minded people whose laissez-faire attitude towards religion have created a blindspot. If a group of people work to elect candidates to promote their agenda and that group is secular, perhaps promoting their business interests, they are an ok subject for scrutiny. But if that same group attaches a religious name to their operation, it suddenly becomes off-limits for "tolerant" people to observe and comment upon the activities of the group. It is just something "polite people" do not do...

Here is the Star Advertiser comment section. Click on the view comments icon.

...The decision of the cult to come out of the shadows, not just with Tulsi finally naming Chris as her guru, but also the willingness top Butler devotees to appear in the wedding video and others in the insipid, "Namaste" music video for Butler's wife, represented a shift from past practices.

In addition, top cult figures, Like Mike Gabbard and Jeannie Bishop from the Science of Identity Foundation, have been filing "take down orders" to websites and services claiming they have intellectual property rights over old photos and leaked documents, reprints of the Valley Islae newspaper, etc. In order to d this, Mike had to assert, in writing, that he is indeed, Krishna Katha das...

...What about the rumors, recently made more credible, of involvement of high-level cult members in large-scale drug smuggling and money laundering? Will those allegations be pursued? And if initiated devotees of Butler are required to tithe 25% of their income to the Guru, what portion of the BILLION $$$ marijuana smuggling operation run by a couple of his devotees did he profit from?

Can we even ask these questions now?...

...People with an interest and too much free time on their hands should consult the best repository of information on the cult online, the thread on the Cult Education Forum on this group which is now over 580 pages long!

Since Cari asked about the drug-smuggling operation, here is a link to a website run by an ex-devotee with a story about Patrick Bowler, one of the alpha males in the cult who was the ringleader--convicted and imprisoned, so these are not "allegations" of an operation which dealt over a billion dollars of marijuana. He was a devotee before he became smuggler, a devotee while he was a smuggler and while he was imprisoned. Once he got out, he quickly was hired by a wealthy resort operation run by cult members:...
[flashlightonroaches.wordpress.com]

STAR-ADVERTISER
Speaking at a Kauai Chamber of Commerce event, U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard said she would be willing to run for vice president next year.

AC Beastyvedanta
Date: August 21, 2015 09:57PM

The architect of the disgusting mentality that has done little else but destroy everything it touches. The exact mentality that all hard core Chris Butler followers use to justify every abuse and destruction of the family unit.
It was all concocted in the ignorant, hateful and arrogantly superior mentality of AC Bhaktivedanta Swami. His "divine grace"? Are you all smoking crack?

This dude said of women "Although illegal, wmen prefer a man expert in rape."

A man who claims women's brains are half the size of a man's.

Bhaktivedanta was proud of the fact he married his first wife at 11 years old, boasting how she "Didn't know sex" as he presumably showed her, making him a pedophile by today's western "Demon" standards.

He told people that girls should all be married off at a young age, saying they are ready for sex with their older husband upon their first period, explaining this was the best way for them to stay under the control of the husband as they are still a child.

Systematic dehumanization of your own children, from AC Bhaktivedanta beginning 50 years ago clear through to Chris Butler, families are coldly excommunicated for any scrutiny of these extremely sick and deranged gurus.

Read in these amazing blogs. All of this is of record within ISKCON, Chris just knew better and made his inner teachings secret.

Even Chris Butler had to tone it down from some of ACBS' pedophile marriage advice.

https://halfemptyacamana.wordpress.com/

This woman is a mother who had several children within ISKCON and details the most horrible mind control she had to pull herself from.

https://laurieschaffler.wordpress.com/

Kudos
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: August 21, 2015 10:28PM

Best summer ever. I am so impressed with all the new energy, research, dedication, camaraderie, and courage. Carry on. I can leave the fort now.

Let Your Fingers Do the Walking - On Google
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 21, 2015 11:56PM

ChrisButlerCult on Instagram
Date: August 23, 2015 05:37AM

Check out this Instagram account, a few choice Chris Butler quotes and pictures for the Instagram world.

@chrisbutlercult

https://instagram.com/chrisbutlercult/

Date: August 23, 2015 04:46PM

Lest anyone think this forum thread is merely among a few who were regrettably connected to Butler’s core group, here are indications that outsiders also knew about Butler and Co.’s insidious cult.

[www.letusreason.org]

[www.religionnewsblog.com]

and as always- children are at risk in this cult....

[forum.survey.net]

Re: FASTING for 6 months
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: August 24, 2015 09:21AM

I can verify for a fact that Chris Butler did indeed tell his followers to fast for six months.

I once received a phone call from secretary Prema dasi asking me if I was willing to fast for six months. I believe the reason at this time was because the servants were 5 minutes late with Butler's breakfast.

It was at this moment that I pretty much came to the conclusion that following this so-called guru, Chris Butler, was becoming a bunch of nonsensical rubbish.

This incident was over 20 years ago, when I was only remotely connected to this cult, and it seems that Butler's infantile rants have increased since then. It amazes me that his followers are still worshiping him after all this. And especially after the *expired milk* episode. One woman was told to fast not only from food and water, but also from sleep? Enough is enough, folks. Time to wake up.

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: August 24, 2015 09:36AM

Posted by: eigenerherr ()
Date: August 20, 2015 01:59PM

And totally agree about ditching everything every human has whispered or written. I feel that everytime I see people get into religious debates based on religious texts. If you replaced the books with, say, a Harry Potter volume, it just kinda shows how pointless the debates are (in my mind). Because all religion is inherently man-made. It was written down by man, interpreted and enforced by man. It's man made by definition. I know I've been told I'm jaded towards religion, but what does everyone expect when religion was used to not only forcibly separate any emotional connection to our families, but remove the part of ourselves that has any connection to anything (our identity).
DEAR EIGENERGER
I DO UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM ...
TO HAVE BEEN RAISE AROUND THE BUTLER CULT IS ANOFF TO GIVE YOU A LIFE LONG BAD TASTE ABOUT RELIGION ...
I HAD THIS SAME DISGUST AROUND MY TIME WITH BEING ONE OF THE LEADERS OF THE HARE KRISHNA ....BUT WHAT AS HELP IN MY DEPROGRAMMATION WAS TO READ AND BE INITIATED INTO OTHER PATHS ESPECIALLY BUDDISM ...SIMPLY BEING IN SILENT MEDITATION IN RETREAT CENTER LIKE SPIRIT ROCK ....WATCHING MY MIND AND MY BREATH
LOOKING INTO ...WHO IS WITHNISSING ALL THIS EXTERNAL STUFF ...
I LIKE RAMANA MAHARSHI(GOOGLE IS NAME ) ....WHO PASS AWAY IN 1950 AND IS RESPECTED BY ALL YOGA SKOLARS AS BEING A TRUTH SELF REALIZE MAN ...NO BULLSHIT
...WHO LIVE NEAR NAKED ...SIMPLE AND ATE THE SAME FOOD AS ALL HIS DEVOTEES .
SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOLOGISTS ...WHO HAVE HELP ME REDISCOVER MY SPIRITUAL SIDE...AND HELP ME IN DEPROGRAMMING ...MOSTLY IN A BUDDHIST WAY ....I WAS IN CONTACT WITH AMAZONIAN TRIBES WHO HAVE THEIR OWN WAY
TO COMMUNICATE WITH SPIRITS
SO DEAR YOUNG LADY ...I HAVE FOUND THAT PRACTICING A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PATH
BASE IN KNOWING YOURSELF .IN OPENING AND HEALING YOUR OWN HEART ...NOT WORSHIPPING A SURF BUM ..OR A BLUE GOD SOMEWHERE ON ANOTHER PLANET ....
CAN BE VERY POSITIVELY TRANFORMATIVE ...SO GOOD REJECT BUTLER AND ALL THE AGONIES HE PUT YOU TROUGHT ....BUT I TRULY BELIEVE THAT SOONER OR LATER
WE MUST REDISCOVER OR TRUTH JOYFULL NATURE ....OUR BUDDHA NATURE
AND I KNOW FOR SURE ...."THAT ONCE BURN TWICE SHY "
BUT IT IS MY EXPERIENCE THAT TRUTH SPIRITUALITY DOES EXIST ...
I GOT 2 DAUGHTERS ABOUT YOUR AGE NOW ...LOVELY GIRLS
WHO GOT TONS OF HUGS ALL THEIR LIFE ...FORTUNATLY I GOT OUT OF THE CULT
WHEN THEY WHERE BABIES ......I AM EXTREMALLY TOUCH BY YOUR LIFE STORY OF GETTING
A HUG A AGE 20 ....YOU ARE STILL YOUNG ....KEEP HUGGING
HERE A BIG ONE FROM ME AND MY FAMALY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.