Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Raelian Movement?
Posted by: restless ()
Date: February 12, 2009 02:12AM

Sparky
And speaking of "old", didn't the Raelians make some claims of stem cell breakthroughs to make the old young again? You think Rael would have been first to try this "alien" medical breakthrough. He still looks old to me.[/quote

Yeah, good point. They never had support from the major science companies and
a whole lot of those Raelians are simple folk. Am I right?

And I now imagine why Rael would "use his followers to lie" so that by denying the claims were from him, he'd
avoid getting arrested. Am I right on this one too?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nellejohn ()
Date: February 12, 2009 02:22AM

Yea I always thought it was strange that he has claimed to be half alien. He says they(elohim) live a long life but he just looks like an average old guy. I've seen the bogus claims regarding the swastika as part of the raelian logo but it seems pretty weird to me especially when where they originally wanted to build this so called embassy was in Israel. When I was approached by a raelian once I was told it isn't the need to believe but just to understand. What a crock of you know what. restless I'm not sure where you first heard about Rael but it sure doesn't take much to research him and his claims. The basis of his claims aren't that much different from other cult leaders just twisted differently with no hard evidence and expecting people to believe him just because he says it is so.

Re: Raelian Movement? Raelian symbol, Nazi hate speech, propaganda
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: February 12, 2009 02:26AM

if you seach Google blogs for the Raelians, there are all sorts of entries
[www.google.com]
also, various news stories of Raelians being "discriminated" against, planning public orgies, making dumb comments about the mid-east, etc.

Possibly his fake name Rael is taken from Israel, (ISrael).

Rael of course also puts out the false claim about reclaiming the Swastika, etc. That is all bullshit of course. To put a swastika in a Star of David came out of his perverse mind, as an insult, and also to try and get some public outrage.

All they do is try to get media attention with lies, and sex, and making offensive comments.
Rael's has a sick mind, and somehow he's managed to attract a small following, using sex, and other methods.

You would think the Raelian symbol would be a form of hate speech in the context its presented, its actually much worse than wearing a nazi swastika. In Germany, publically displaying the nazi swastika is illegal, as it should be.

Date: February 12, 2009 06:22AM

nellejohn
When I was approached by a raelian once I was told it isn't the need to believe but just to understand.

"Need to understand"?
You say other cults have this catch phrase?

and it seems Raelism isn't the only UFO cult you're well informed about.

Date: February 12, 2009 04:29PM

And what about the saying "It isn't the need to believe but the need to understand"?

I'm NOT disbeleiving you, I'm still wondering.

and What other UFO cults are very similar to this one, I woudln't mind an example or two.

Date: February 13, 2009 02:17AM

restless
nellejohn
When I was approached by a raelian once I was told it isn't the need to believe but just to understand.

"Need to understand"?
You say other cults have this catch phrase?

and it seems Raelism isn't the only UFO cult you're well informed about.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. The raelians are the only cult I've been talking about and what I was talking about was when I told this raelian I really didn't believe many of the things in one of rael's books he said it wasn't the need to be believe what rael says but to understand.

And what I'm talking about with other cult leaders is that they have some information or story that only they have experienced or been part of and then the followers are supposed to believe the story just because he/she says it is so with no burden of proof.

Date: February 14, 2009 02:21AM

Oh yeah. Sorry.
Just now, I read some other post by you which mentioned the Raelians saying about
not needing to believe but understand Rael just after remembering it.

Do you know why they say that? and what is there (To them) to understand?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 14, 2009 02:47AM

restless:

You are wandering in circles.

Do some reading.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This answers basic questions about cults.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This subsection covers the basics about cult mind control.

First, read and learn the basics about cults.

Date: February 14, 2009 06:26PM

I've read now.

This one I found interesting:
"One example is through "loading the language," a feature of thought reform, characterized by thought terminating cliches. Such cliches are easily memorized phrases and terms that essentially become communication shortcuts or "ultimate terms." This can have the effect of stopping critical thinking and independent analysis, essentially restricting and ultimately often constricting the mind. "

Sorry to be one-track minded but I guess this answers my last question, right?
The one about what some other Raelian saide about not needing to believe.

Date: February 16, 2009 08:20PM

I don't think this is so much "loaded language" is as much just "cult talk" It was part of a recruiting movement the raelians were doing. They raelians have a yahoo group and they send out news they think is proves their beliefs or shows stupidity of other At the end of message sent by rael it says: WARNING FROM RAEL: For those who don't use their intelligence at its full capacity, the label "selected by RAEL" on some articles does not mean that I agree with their content or support it. "Selected by RAEL" means that I believe it is important for the people of this planet to know about what people think or do, even when what they think or do is completely stupid and against our philosophy. When I selected articles in the past about stupid Christian fundamentalists in America praying for rain, I am sure no Rael-Science reader was stupid enough to believe that I was supporting praying to change the weather. So, when I select articles which are in favor of drugs, anti-semitic, anti-Jewish, racist, revisionist, or inciting hatred against any group or religion, or any other stupid article, it does not mean that I support them. It just means that it is important for all human beings to know about them. Common sense, which is usually very good among our readers, is good enough to understand that. When, like in the recent articles on drug decriminalization, it is necessary to make it clearer, I add a comment, which in this case was very clear: I support decriminalizing all drugs, as it is stupid to throw depressed and sad people (as only depressed and sad people use drugs) in prison and ruin their life with a criminal record. That does not mean that there is any change to the Message which says clearly that we must not use any drug except for medical purposes. The same applies to the freedom of expression which must be absolute. That does not mean again of course that I agree with anti-Jews, antisemites, racists of any kind or anti-Raelians. But by knowing your enemies or the enemies of your values, you are better equipped to fight them. With love and respect of course, and with the wonderful sentence of the French philosopher Voltaire in mind: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

He likes to call people stupid or idiots if they don't agree with him. I think it's funny about common sense because if people used common sense they wouldn't believe any of his stories.

Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.