Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Raelian Movement? Is Rael an antisemite?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: February 17, 2009 04:38AM

Rael is quite clever. He probably sees himself as a type of performance artist, like Salvador Dali, just playing with reality, religion, and social customs.
He puts out ambiguous things on purpose, to play with people's minds.

For instance, his "playing" with anti-semitism. Is he, or isn't he?
Why did he tried to get a Nazi swastika in a Star Of David into Israel? (notice his fake name...Rael...Is-Rael...Israel).
Of course he knows no one is going to permit a nazi swastika. But he just wants to provoke a response, and he's a sick person for playing games with something so serious.

So Is_Rael an antisemite?

of course, this is the question he wants people to ask, to get media attention.

Most of the main media just ignores Rael now, which is good. But this makes them announce public orgies to get attention. He will just create crazier PR stunts to get attention.

But he just wanted to set up his own religion, where he brings in lots of free money, pays no tax, lives a lavish life, has a harem, and gets media attention.
Its just a cynical way for him to get what he wants.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raelian Movement?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 18, 2009 05:12AM

To whom it may concern:

"Restless" seems to be wasting space here with often nonsensical questions.

Does anyone else on this thread see any value in such posts?

Maybe just a "troll"?

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: February 19, 2009 04:36AM

I have always had difficulty understanding what Restless is getting at. I originally asked him if he was an apologist for the Raelians or a member and he claimed not. I think he/she may be young and unable to explain what he/she is thinking in writing. I do agree that the many of his/her postings seems scattershot. I don't know if Restless has posted on other threads at RR or if this is the only one.

Posted by: restless ()
Date: February 19, 2009 09:21AM

Rest assured this is the only place I've been posting and having read your post,
and you're right about me. I'm 17 years old (Sorry that I'm not actually 18 but I was too much sucked into Raelism to wait for another year) and
I was born with Asperger's syndrome (Just in case, it might help.).

Sure my last few posts are getting around in circles, I'm easily prone to confusion, my mind often goes all over the place and sometimes a part of me wants to belief those UFO cults just for the sake of feeling scared.
I also feel dependent on other's to provide me the accurate answers because I feel I can never use my imagination to get things straight,
speaking from personal experience.

I go to a Christian Free church in England where I live but I never really devoted my life to a great historical figure (Although I knew I should)
but I gradually came to learn about the world of religion and spirituality. It has been recent that I reluctantly started exploring the "dark side" of that world: New age, Atheist beliefs, the Mayan beliefs of the world ending in 2012 and especially the UFO cults.

I hope I explained with plenty of detail.

Date: February 19, 2009 11:06AM

restless:

Minors under 18 may not participate at this message board.

Re: Raelian Movement? 2012 End Of The World
Date: February 20, 2009 06:57AM

restless,
if you read this, just be very careful.
Exploring the "dark side" of Alien conspiracy theories can lead to serious trouble.
As far as the 2012 End Of The World...that is a marketing scam. Someone started the 2012 thing, and now everyone is jumping on it. There are bookstores with entire 2012 sections, its a big money-maker. This is about that millionth time the world is going to end, its the oldest scam in the book.

Many people take this stuff seriously, and get into serious trouble.
Just be very careful with this stuff, it can send you over the deep end.

Why not get this book, or audiobook for free from the library instead, and read it?
Its all about Aliens and demons, and that kind of thing...

The Demon-Haunted World, by Carl Sagan
[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: February 21, 2009 12:13AM

restless, I will second The Anticult's post. I will go step further for you. Do not let your heart be troubled with 2012. Yes, the Mayan calender "ends" 12-12-2021....but what the hucksters are NOT telling you is that the Mayan calender IMMEDIATELY RESETS and starts all over again. This is the beginning of a new era to them...no destruction, no mass extinctions...no change to humankind.

There are writings from the Mayans mentioning dates WELL BEYOND 2012. If they believed the world ends on that date why mention future dates?

Don't give into the fear and pay no attention to that looming-crapfest of a new John Cusack movie "2012". Stay well and stay well informed.

Posted by: tyciol ()
Date: February 25, 2009 07:49AM

I do not think it is right to make assumptions. A swastika is only recently a symbol against jews (by hitler) and prior to this it had other meanings. Those who use it may oppose its having been taken up by the Nazi cause and attempt to take it back. I think it is no different from those who use 'gay' or 'faggot' or 'N-' with new meanings to try and invalidate the older meanings through using a new one.

-Ty

Date: February 25, 2009 07:55AM

tyciol:

However, this is apparently not the case with Claude Vorihon (aka "Rael") and his followers known as the "Raelians."

Other than feeding Vorilhon's seemingly insatiable desire for media attention, the swastika appears to mean more or less the same to him as it did the Nazi regime of Hitler, i.e. antagonism and animosity aimed at Jews.

Re: Raelian Movement? The Raelian symbol is a "hate speech"
Date: February 25, 2009 09:20AM

oh please, that is complete fucking bullshit, and you know it, and Rael knows it. That is the same nonsense Rael says, as he thinks people are stupid.

Rael gets a perverse pleasure out of upsetting people, and for his own perverse reasons, he targets Jewish people. Rael enjoys "playing" with being an antisemite. One assumes the antisemetic groups know about him, and perhaps choose to ignore him for now, as he just wants attention?

Some of us happen to know and have met many elderly Jewish people. And you see the horrors first hand, people losing their entire families, etc. Nazism is not some joke for clowns like Rael to play around with. Its not amusing.

The swatiska is the symbol of the Nazi's now for eternity, due to their crimes against humanity.
Rael put it inside the Star of David to try and perhaps get the media in a frenzy, to get publicity, and to get a perverse kick out of being an antisemite.
Rael is a sick person.

And anyone who would dare put a Nazi swastika inside a Star of David, deserves what he gets.
Anyone who would wear such a vile symbol on a Raelian t-shirt, also deserves what they get.

there is such a thing as Hate Speech, and the Raelian symbol is a type of "hate symbol", and should be treated as such.

Perhaps some younger ignoramouses in the Raelians are duped by Rael's games, but not people in the real world.

The Raelian symbol is clearly a "hate symbol" and is part of hate speech.

tyciol
I do not think it is right to make assumptions. A swastika is only recently a symbol against jews (by hitler) and prior to this it had other meanings. Those who use it may oppose its having been taken up by the Nazi cause and attempt to take it back. I think it is no different from those who use 'gay' or 'faggot' or 'N-' with new meanings to try and invalidate the older meanings through using a new one.

Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.