Current Page: 39 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: lorenzetti ()
Date: May 24, 2007 02:35PM

jeff bowe
Re:Gondolf's Posting

Jeff,
Thank you for your contributions to this forum. You have clarified a lot of issues surrounding this discussion for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: May 24, 2007 03:08PM

Sounds very much like experiences with Kundalini energy to me. Kundalini can produce psychotic episodes or similar, that can resemble this - not sure in Hansard's case though, if this has been going on for years, then perhaps there is underlying psychiatric disorder too?

I am intrigued by this special kind of massage that he supposedly taught. I have studied and practiced many styles of massage in my time and although they all have different emphases and may use slightly different techniques for working with the body, in the end, there is only one body with still the same amount of muscles and only so many ways in which you can work, whether you are performing Swedish massage, no hands massage, Trigger Point work, myofascial work and so and and so forth.

Does anyone know what was so special about the kind of massage he taught?

HMD,

I realise that in the States and Canada, MD's need to have practice licences, however, in the UK, doctors must be registered with the GMC (General Medical Council) in order to practice. Hansard is not, so I am not sure about recourse here, but I don't know whether the GMC would be interested in hearing about someone who is practicing medicine without registration?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: pema ()
Date: May 24, 2007 04:36PM

Like other posters here, I quail at the prospect of another fanatical rant from Jeff Bowe. But it is the nature of his rants that raises questions for me.
Why is he driven with such intensity and persistence?
Is there a vendetta going here?
Have you ever met Christopher Hansard Jeff?
Been associated with him in any way?
Are you honest and transparent here -- or is there a hidden agenda?
Just simple answers to these questions if you can manage that please Jeff.
And to other more gentle people who are put off by the tone of some posts here -- take hold of your courage if you can. We need you to share your knowledge and experience. We are not all aggressive ogres!

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: cirrus ()
Date: May 24, 2007 04:46PM

Roger12

As Kurukulla has already said the medicine in my experience too was very powerful and effective.

I had had ME for 8 years when I met CH and I am now more fit, healthy and happy than I have ever been in my life (given the recent upset and trauma caused by the realisations about CH which is quite huge!) It took about 6 months to start to lift the exhaustion but with a series of acupuncture, kum nye (the execise system Gondolf has mentioned) and some massage I started to become well. Most importantly what I found was that my perception of the illness changed and i started to see why I had become ill and in this understanding and recognising this pattern I became empowered that I would not suffer like that again. I have gone on to have a level of physical fitness and activity that I never dreamed in the dark time of my illness I would ever have again.

The acupuncture treatments are mainly cranial but are also spinal and in the instep of the foot. However, needles would also be placed all over the body. I never saw a chart of acupuncture points as I have seen for chinese medicine.

There were no books only documents that had been laid out from CH's oral direction. This was a set of notes for acupressure patterns and a chart for points on the body but these were to do with something else not acupuncture. It was a document connected to pulse diagnosis.

The acupressure treatments were very powerful and profound. The patients always responded very well and enjoyed great benefit from these treatments.

We were taught orally by CH and SW (she had studied with him for 15 years).

In my time there I experienced patients having great benefit from treatments. There was a man with cancer that was given only a month or two to live and when I left he was still going. He had had agressive chemo and the medical doctors were amazed at how his system coped with this and could only attribute it to the acupupuncture and herbs.

There were other cancer patients who were helped by treatments and when it was not possible to help he would support through the transition towards letting go. I know one patient who was profoundly touched by the care her family member received by CH as she passed away. All given for free.

He could be very kind and compassionate. This is why the patients there trusted him.

There were patients with physical conditions like pneumonia and plueracy that I saw him sucessfully treat. The patient took no antibiotics and was well in 3 days and completely fit and well and back to work in 2 weeks whereas usually this would take up to 6 weeks. He was treated with acupuncture, herbal medicine and steams.

Patients with pshychological conditions such as depression, ingrained emotional patterns of fear, anxiety and panic attacks I saw improve and become well.

There are patients now as I reflect that did not make great progress that kept coming back as they still felt they benefited from the treatment.

We were taught that to heal one had to have courage to let go of old patterns and this process would take varying amounts of time for each individual.

I would say that a higher percentage had good improvement and restored health and there were others that made some improvement or no improvement.

I was convinced it was a real and effective system of medicine otherwise I would not have been there learning it.

The first book CH wrote The Tibetan Art of Living is a basic manual of the medicine system he was using.

The massage is one of the great treatments of the system and it is hard to explain why this is so. It is intuitive and does not focus on soft tissue manipuation. It balances the body and its systems firstly by gentle movements to calm and balance the nervous system allowing it to gently open up and then a series of movements that further release blockages and emotion held in the joints and muscle tissue.

I saw wonderful results from using this with patients with emotional and psychological conditions and physical conditions.

I consider that CH does have an ability and knowledge with regard to medicine and the spiritual tradition he was using and teaching. There are many people world wide that have had profound healing and life transformations through his work.

How he got this knowledge or who he is I now have no idea. It is possible that he fabricated it all drawing from other sources but then the other sources do not hold any of the teachings he is using. I wonder if he was taught in dream visions? And that he has run with a small amount of knowledge believeing himself to be enlightened, a messiah, a lhakhu as he is delusional and mentally ill due to childhood abuse and trauma?

Whatever he is not in a fit mental state to be treating patients and cannot continue to skip accountabliity for all the suffering and abuse he has inflicted upon many women (and men).

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cornwell ()
Date: May 24, 2007 04:56PM

Apprentices, You will know me as I know you all. I started reading this forum early in the year and no longer visited the Eden Medical Centre.

I have several questions for you. It would help if you could find it in your hearts to answer them fully.

I took several of the herbs "prescribed" by CH. Many of you prepared the herbs. What were they? Earlier on this forum, someone said that the herbs had been laced with marajuana - is this correct?

On the treatments, especially the acupuncture? Do you think the methods are harmful?

I think it would be helpful to all ex patients for you to take off the veil and open the closed doors so we can understand the "treatments" not just the behaviour of CH.

I would also be interested in why and when you each left.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: May 24, 2007 05:59PM

Thanks for that long explanation Cirrus, it was helpful. However, I would say that although massage may not fully concentrate on the soft tissues any type of massage has an effect on the soft tissues. Just by touching the body, you are by implication touching soft tissue and having an effect on it. By touching the body, you are also affecting the nervous system too.

I wonder if Jeff has come into contact with Hansard or even been abused by him at sometime? Could explain his fanatasism?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 24, 2007 06:14PM

Kurukalla, I note you choose to avoid addressing the points raised in my previous posting, presumably to prevent torpedoing your own specious claims? May I suggest you read Professor David Snellgrove’s definitive study on Bon, it may dispossess you of some rather curious misconceptions you seem to hold.

As to your recent comments, regarding the claimed deities of Hansard‘s so-called ‘teaching“

[i:1338019a8f]“Actually the deities of the first nine ways are the same as those given in the teachings of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche…“[/i:1338019a8f]
What a remarkable coincidence Hansard’s Dur-Con features the same ‘deities’ which are central to the authentic YungDrung Bon tradition! But wait Christopher Hansard asserts his ‘system’ has nothing to do with genuine Tibetan Bon, claiming it pre-dates Yung Drun Bon (albeit without a shred of historical, cultural, linguistic and anthropological evidence to support that claim).

In his communication to me dated 22nd May 2006 Christopher Hansard states:

[i:1338019a8f][b:1338019a8f]“My tradition is not Yung Drung Bon[/b:1338019a8f] as pointed out on the website…My tradition is regarded as ‘Old Bon’, archaic and from possible Neolithic sources”[/i:1338019a8f]

So Kurukulla the Tibetan people have it all wrong, their native Bon religion which can be shown, through historical documentation and archaeological record, to have been practised in Tibet for at least three thousand years, is in fact a pale imitation derived from Hansard’s Dur-Con? In light of this devastating revelation maybe there is a case, for the ‘Master of Dur-Con’, becoming the spiritual head of the Tibetan Bon community?

Meanwhile, we should recall that Hansard owes his ‘knowledge’of Dur-Con to a remarkable meeting in New Zealand with a Tibetan from Amdo, who we are asked to believe tutored Hansard in the profound and complex mysteries of Dur-Con and Tibetan medicine. This raises a number of interesting questions, not least of all how did this mysterious Tibetan manage to obtain travel papers from Communist China, during a time when Tibet was sealed off from the outside world and faced the brutal horrors of cultural genocide? Hansard claims, this Urgyen Namchuk (sic) was from the Bon Community, despatched to locate the much awaited ’Thunder Being’ (which Hansard just happens to be) following some cosmic portents. Mmmmm!

Now Kurukulla are you following me here so far? Please keep up, and try to have an open and enquiring mind. [/color:1338019a8f]

This claim suggests, that there exists in Amdo, a culture and community , which not only recognizes Hansard’s system of Dur-Con, but practices it. The problem is that no such society and tradition operates, Amdo does have Bon practitioners, but of the Yungdrung Bon tradition, it’s people, who are largely nomadic are otherwise Kagyu, Sakya, or Gelug Buddhists. There is also a sizable Muslim Hui population too, mostly in the urban areas bordering China. I have approached a number of Amdo-Tibetans on this matter, including a prominent Tibetan anthropologist, whose own family come from Amdo, and none can identify, the so-called gNam tribe, which Hansard claims his ‘teacher’ came from. Now, unlike our disintegrated and alienated society of consumerist individuals, nomadic communities on the grasslands of Amdo have close connections and are very much aware of each other’s traditions, value oral histories, and pride themselves in family lineages. Is it not a matter of some interest Kurukulla that such people do not practice Hansard’s ‘tradition’, recognize his ’teacher’, or the so-called gNam tribe? Are your critical faculties so dulled, by an adoration of the Master of Dur-Con, that you are unable to accept the serious questions these facts raise?

Hansard’s 'biography' suggests that this ‘Tibetan‘, having apparently discovered him on a beach in New Zealand, as a four-year-old child, then trained Hansard in "...the pre-Buddhist and Bön spiritual teachings of Tibet". In order to lay aside a sceptical and incredulous response, we have to accept certain presumptions such as; this person must have been fluent in English, or alternatively as an infant Hansard was already speaking perfect Tibetan, or was there perhaps a more esoteric method which enabled his 'studies' ? Perhaps Kurukulla, it was all done by ectoplasmic thought transference?

So far no one has been able to provide any evidence that Hansard’s ‘teacher’ existed, while people who knew Hansard in New Zealand, have stated on this forum that they never saw any ‘teacher’ with Christopher Hansard. There is of course a simple solution, which I presented to Hansard in my written challenges to him. If Hansard’s ‘teacher‘, ‘tradition’ and ‘tribe’ exist in Amdo perhaps he would care to provide more details, in order for these claims to be verified ? Moreover one presumes the New Zealand authorities have a record of immigration, which would reveal the arrival of any Tibetan, including the mysterious Urgyen Namchuk (sic). Unless of course Kurukulla I fail to recognize that individual had the ability to render himself invisible, and was possessed of the ability to fly!

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 24, 2007 06:51PM

Re:Pema's Comments..

Indeed we are not all ogres, and I agree, people do have agendas why, some contributors, such as yourself, are journalists, now there’s a profession that operates with concealed intent! Take your attempts to ingratiate yourself (partly by contributing to the vacuous insults heaped in my direction) with those on this forum, who could prove a useful journalistic source. By-the-way thanks for your emails, I note your comments about fellow participants to this debate, as they say, nothing is ever quite what it seems. Is it Pema?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: atlantic ()
Date: May 24, 2007 06:52PM

Yes Jeff,
We're all aware that you have asked good and reasonable questions. The issues about Amdo etc. are significant. However, some of your own reasoning is also suspect.

On my travels I have met many Tibetans in exile who speak very good English. Tibetan communities have been moving through the surrounding areas (ie China, Bhutan, India etc..) for many years.

People also acquire passports and national status by living in a country, as well as being born there. It is certainly possible that a Tibetan could be viewed as Chinese (for example) on official documentation.

Namkhai Norbu writes for about 200 pages on the subject of 'The Tradition of The 12 Lores'. How could you possibly have missed this? Perhaps you know more about Tibetan history and culture than Professor Norbu?

Why do you insist on completely rejecting all the first hand reports and experiences that have been posted on this site?

Where have you been all this time while Mr. Hansard was considered the only Bon doctor in London? While he was writing 3 BOOKS!!

What have the Bonpo community done with personal information of abuse that has, according to Dorje, been available to them for AT LEAST 7 YEARS!!!!

Now Jeff, please keep up. This is all very elementary.

Have you met Mr. Hansard yourself?

Do you have any medical experience?

Do you have any background in spiritual practice yourself?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: cirrus ()
Date: May 24, 2007 07:02PM

Hi Cranial,

Sorry, yes of course the massage affects the soft tissue of the muscles as does any massage but what I was trying to express is that they are not worked and manipulated in the way they are in say swedish massage using effluergae and petrissage etc... And I appreciate that any treatment that uses touch calms the central nervous system...

It is hard to explain... but it is a great treatment and I still use it with my clients.

I am seriously starting to wonder if 'Jeff Bowe' is Hansard... he seems so intent on causing friction and antagonising everyone. Either that or he is just a small minded, petty little man with nothing better to occupy his life than fanatical exploits.

Current Page: 39 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.