Current Page: 36 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Real-name-gone ()
Date: May 23, 2007 01:55PM

[www.abuse-survivors.org.uk]

If you have been a victim here is a useful UK link. It is a forum for survivors of abuse.

Cirrus, Kurukulla,

Thank you for giving some clarity on how Hansard ran the clinc. It would appear that his actions were all behind closed doors which of course makes things a little more problematic but not insumountable.

James

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Arcee ()
Date: May 23, 2007 03:20PM

Thanks for posting your experience here. I can relate to it 100% and having been to Hansard to get help in my own relationship it has lead to a deterioration which at this rate will end in divorce. And yes during that time he suggested I went to BC to look for a boyfriend! not the usual kind of relationship support.
Interesting too that my partner could see no harm in CH to the point of being 'obsessed' my whatever he, CH, said, did, wrote etc.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Arcee ()
Date: May 23, 2007 03:24PM

You suggested that because CH had published a book witha reputable publisher that they would haav echacked and by inference validated his background. This in my experience is not a valid assumption.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: cirrus ()
Date: May 23, 2007 04:21PM

Arcee, At the time it was an unconscious assumption I guess.

Has anyone checked with the publishers as to what sort of checks they did?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 23, 2007 05:00PM

Maybe it would be more constructive if your adhered to the actual issues under examination Cirrus, rather than indulging in what some may consider insults. I do not see them as such, and I am sure you did not mean to be perceived in that way, perhaps it was a moment of anger, or maybe you find it difficult to address the questions which have been raised? Whatever the reasons for your comments I take no particular offence, I do however question their validity. Permit me to frame some direct questions to you in the hope that you may provide a reasonable and intelligent response.

Do you subscribe to the claim that Hansard was in possession of 'powers' that transformed rational individuals into sycophantic and unquestionning zombies?

Why did those closely associated with Christopher Hansard not take any action to expose the reported abuses?

Why did Hansard feel sufficiently confident that he could get away with such apparent abuse?

Can we really accept that such reported abuses were carried out for such a duration without [i:d97efce3e2]anyone[/i:d97efce3e2] associated with Hansard being aware?

Do you accept that those working with/for Hansard had a moral and ethical resposbility to challenge his behaviour, and to create a transparent and accountable environment to protect clients?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gondolf you are [i:d97efce3e2]partly [/i:d97efce3e2]correct in your understanding, Bon did indeed, following the arrival of Tonpa Shenrab move away from its naturistic, shaman-like roots. Zhan Zhung however is not a form of philosophy or an aspect of Bon religion, rather a historic geographical and cultural region that possessed its own language and traditions, including the Bon religion. Your reasoning is therefore somewhat erroneous. As to revealing the truth, it is rather optimistic to hope it will be extracted volunteered by the 'Master of Dur Con'. Besides there is sufficient material, both in the existing Bon literature, general Tibetan historical documents, and the archeological record, that identifies the actual teachings, history and form of genuine Bon religion. It was from this tradition that Hansard plagiarized and distorted. Allow me to present a number of points, which you may care to reflect upon.

Dur-Bon is an archaic traditional Tibetan practice which does not (as Hansard claimed) involve medicine or healing whatsoever.

There, is amongst the traditional and authentic Tibean Bon tradition no recognition or practise of 'Dur-Bon'

Written and spoken Tibetan is required to learn, and achieve a full understanding of, genuine Tibetan medicine, Hansard is fluent in neither

The so-called 'Tibetan Bon Community', which Hansard claimed predicted his birth, is completely unknown to Tibetan Bonpos I have consulted.

The 'teacher' Hansard claimed came from the remote wilds of Amdo would be most unlikely to have learned sufficient English, to tutor a four-year old New Zealand boy in the complex mysteries of Tibetan medicine.

Based upon a reasonable estimation of Hansard's age, his Tibetan 'teacher' would have been required to obtain travel authorization from the Communist Chinese Regime, during a period when Tibet was sealed off from the outside and world, and religious persecution and cultural destruction was being visited upon Tibetans. This is highly unlikely.

The 'tribe' Hansard states his 'teacher' came from, the so-called gNam, is completely unknown to Tibetan Bon scholars and does not appear as a clan name on authentic Tibetan Bon texts.

The name Hansard gives his 'teacher', 'Urgyen' is not a Tibetan-Bon name, its is a Tibetan Buddhist name, closely linked to the Nyingmapa tradition.

There is no correspondence of "twelve teachings", which Hansard describes, within the traditional and genuine native religion of Tibetan Bon

The so-called 'Northern Treasure School' Hansard claims as his 'lineage' is in fact not a school at all, but is based upon texts found in the Northern part of Tibet.

There are many more inconsistencies and questions surrounding Hansard's Dur-Con invention, which will be exposed in the near future.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 23, 2007 05:20PM

In relation to the postings concerning Hansard's publishers, and the contents of his books, I thought he following may prove of interest.

Many online reviews of Christopher Hansard’s books feature some intriguing curiosities, particularly the contributions of some reviewers, whose identities and credentials raise a umber of questions. It has been suggested that Mr.Hansard was engaged in a vigorous and misleading campaign of self-promotion, after all his business was built upon an exotic fantasy of his own creation, and that such reviews were, in all likely-hood, authored by the ‘Master of Dur-Con’ himself?

Let’s take a peek into that Byzantine world and decide for ourselves, we shall begin with a review featured on Amazon (see the following):

[www.amazon.com]

[b:f1df81bbb8]The Enigma of 'Prof. Sonam Amdongyapa'[/b:f1df81bbb8]

[i:f1df81bbb8]‘As a professor of Tibetan culture I can say that this book is genuine and excellent. KB CHAffin's review is interesting and I will inform the family of Mr Hansard's teacher about Mr Chaffin's words. Mr Hansard is a teacher and physician of Tibetan medicine of high calibre as many othodox (sic)doctors, East and West can attest to. The Tibetan Art of Living and Mr Hansards new book, The Tibetan Art of Positive Thinking are powerful translations of Tibetan culture to West that bringsmuch needed clarity and wisdom. Prof. Sonam Amdongyapa (Vienna)’[/i:f1df81bbb8]

First observation I should note here is that, as someone who has been actively involved in researching and writing upon Tibet since 1987, I have had the good fortune to develop a number of working relationships with Tibetan academics and writers; including Professor Samdhong Rinpoche, the late Professor Dawa Norbu, Samten Karmay, Jamyang Norbu and others. Curiously [u:f1df81bbb8]no Tibetan scholars I have approached have ever heard of ’Professor Amdongyapa‘, a rather puzzling fact given the relatively small number of Tibetan Professors, and the obvious pride felt within the Tibetan community when one of their members reaches such a position. Under such circumstances one would reasonably have imagined such a name would have been fairly well known[/u:f1df81bbb8].

I contacted too the Tibetan Community in Austria, as this ‘Professor’ was stated to be based in Vienna, they had never heard of that individual and had no record of that name. I also emailed the Austrian Universities, including private establishments, if they recognized the name of this ’Professor’. Thus far not a single one has.

Do we now begin to conclude this is a fictitious character, created simply to promote Hansard’s book? What person of integrity and normal intelligence would decide to adopt a Tibetan sounding name, and bestow upon themselves a 'Professorship', all for the purpose of endorsing a work by the ‘Master of Dur-Con‘?

Some clues lie in the name itself and certain elements of the review. The family name ‘Amdongyapa’ is peculiar, and not typically Tibetan. The first component ’Amdo’ is taken from a huge region in North Eastern Tibet, which borders China, it is completely unknown to me for Tibetans to name their child after a geographic, cultural and political territory. The normal procedure is that an infant is named by a Lama, who through insight, bestows a name that signifies some particular quality, usually personal or ’spiritual’, and often unique to that person.

However, if we recall Hansard’s so-called ’lineage’ and his ’teacher’, for both of which he made clear associations with Amdo, the name ‘Amdongyapa’ takes on a singular perspective., particularly if the ‘reviewer’ is seeking to reinforce Hansard’s ‘Dur-Con’ claims.

A closer examination of ‘Prof.Amdongyapa’s’ review proves illuminating:

‘[i:f1df81bbb8]As[b:f1df81bbb8] a professor [/b:f1df81bbb8]of Tibetan culture I can say that this book is genuine and excellent. KB CHAffin's review is interesting and I[b:f1df81bbb8] will inform the family of Mr Hansard's teacher [/b:f1df81bbb8]………..’[/i:f1df81bbb8]

So the authoritative credentials are first established (after all who can argue with a Professor? well I can, and do) Hansard’s book is then stamped with an ‘academic’ seal of approval; but more interesting still, this person, whose name just happens to be formed of a region that figures so large in Hansard’s colourful ‘Dur-Con' invention, is apparently in close contact with the relatives of that mysterious ’teacher’ of Christopher Hansard, who ’himself’ is stated (on a number of Hansard’s Websites) as coming from Amdo! What a convenient circle of coincidence!

Clearly we are in the presence of deception, the question that must be asked is, who would benefit from such a falsehood? Perhaps Mr.Hansard would care to answer that?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: pema ()
Date: May 23, 2007 05:40PM

Dear Jeff Bowe,
Yawn -- snore -- how many times are you going to repeat the same stuff? Your posts are alarmingly fanatical and I agree with Cirrus that it's time you took a break from this forum because your contributions are now counter-productive. The common purose here is to prevent CH from any form of contact with vulnerable/gullible potential *patients* now and at any time in the future.
Posters here who have suffered abuse and extreme spiritual disillusionment have gulped down their pride and openly admitted to being duped. That takes a lot of courage. You do not acknowledge this in the way you continuously put them down.
I know for sure that CH conducted his disgraceful business in conditions of extreme secrecy. I am willing to accept that most of the people associated with his practices in Kensington High St and Sloane Sq did not know what was going on. The few that did were terrorised into silence. Please stop hounding the people who are speaking out here. Their intenstions are honourable. They are human, just like you and me. None of us are perfect. Let's keep our focus on the purpose of this thread. It is your purpose too.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: May 23, 2007 06:02PM

Jeff,

I think perhaps it is you who is angry and understandably so - the fact that CH has perpetrated abuses for years and is still seen to be 'getting away with it'.

However, it is my belief that CH was and still is a tryrant and a bully. Bullies normally create a culture of fear and it is this fear that keeps others from speaking out, when yes I totally agree, that if they knew of abuse, then ethically they should have done, but a fear culture will prevent anyone speaking out, as they fear for themselves and it appears that CH may have terrorised others, in whatever way to prevent this.

Fear is a terrible thing and the nature of fear is that one can become paralysed by it and so will do nothing, as some associates of CH may have done due to this.

Please cut others some slack here. Are you always perfect and have you always done the right thing when you should have done in life? Well, I know I'm not and haven't, but strive to.

I can't imagine what it must be like to have been near CH in that kind of situation and I only got a flash of it and it put me right off, so I was lucky, but please try and be a little more understanding of others here.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Mariah ()
Date: May 23, 2007 06:27PM

I have virtually stopped reading the postings because of Jeffrey Bowe's fanatical and obsessive postings.

Jeffrey is becoming Christopher's best friend. He is creating discord and distraction, diverting attention to himself and his theories. The insults to those whom Christopher already has harmed are unconscionable. I could go on, but refuse to give this any more attention. I do hope you can remove him from the site as he is clearly NOT helping. There may be many others such as myself who simply stopped visiting this site because of his refusal to take in what other's are saying. He has to be right at all costs. Even Christopher occasionally exhibited humility.

I don't know the situation in England, as I do not live there but I'm wondering what the hold up is to taking out a page of the Times or whatever - or a series of ads, warning people of this man? Legal redress is expensive and more protracted - possibly less effective, as rumour has it that CH has set up practice in another part of London. Many agree that he must be stopped. Is there really any more point in talking about this? Has the time not come for action? I know people angry enough in Canada that might be persuaded to testify, if it comes to legal action.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Mariah ()
Date: May 23, 2007 07:20PM

the latest one being Gondolf. This is in answer to your posting.

I personally know of strong sexual persuasion (I'd say assault except that the person was mesmerized in the way that Cirrus so clearly, and courageously articulates) resulting in a sexual liason.

I know of inappropriate sexual comments.

I know of inappropriate touching.

I know of ridiculous prescriptions that were completely inneffective.

I know of people seriously ill, with little money, who in good faith went for treatments and received no benefit whatsoever.

I can put these people in touch with the trustworthy person who spearheads and organizes the information. It's my personal opinion that this person should be a reputable lawyer, doctor or health professional who has taken an oath to preserve public safety. People who have been so abused need the greatest possible protection.

Whomever that person turns out to be can contact me directly. Who will find this person and post their name?

This forum is not enough. It used to come up first on the Google pages but someone has made sure that this is no longer the case. It is now the 9th entry, under CH and doesn't appear on my computer's screen, unless scrolled down. What can be done about that?

Current Page: 36 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.