Current Page: 25 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 08, 2007 10:41PM

[img:0875bcf74f]http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/11/499189/posthan.gif[/img:0875bcf74f]

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: May 10, 2007 04:32AM

If we want to know Christopher's contributions to this forum I would suggest looking for those that refer to 'slander' in their defence of the man. Now of course all this negative comment about him under assumed names could be called slander but it would be difficult to act against as the contributors remain anonymous. However, Jeffrey Bowes has repeatedly and publicly challenged Christopher's story. It is quite easy to find Jeffrey and his contact information. Presumably, Christopher would have recourse to the legal system to protect his name and business. The only reason not to pursue this line of defence is that he has not one shred of evidence to offer in support of his claims. Of course, if he would like to take his case to court I would be only too happy to give evidence on Jeffrey's behalf.

To those who defend Christopher I offer my sympathy. You have been taken in and it is clearly very difficult for you to accept the truth - that he is a sick, selfish and wholly corrupt manipulator.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 10, 2007 05:12PM

Interesting comments from Dorje. I should make it clear that my postings here, and in my direct communications, (and elsewhere) are a forceful enquiry, and speculation, into the claims made by Mr. Hansard with respect to his so-called ‘tradition‘. I have indeed openly challenged his assertions and questioned their authenticity, moreover on several occasions I presented a critical examination of his exploitation of Tibet’s genuine native tradition, Bon.

Unlike other contributors on this forum, who have detailed what seems like emotional, physical, and psychological abuse by Mr. Hansard I am acting from a position of principal that cannot stand idly by and witness a tradition, which I have a great respect for, being abused in such a cynical fashion.

I have previously set out a convincing deconstruction of Hansard’s claims and exposed some very questionable actions, which resulted in one German Doctor informing me that he was seeking to press legal charges against him. It would be fairly simple to demonstrate to others the fallacious and inventive nature of Hansard’s claims. I am also in contact with [i:606c9ba8df]bona fide [/i:606c9ba8df]Tibetan physicians who have expressed their concerns about Mr Hansard’s ‘medical’ activities. I wonder however, as Dorje raises the matter, if a legal route would be better served in terms of the reported abuse, seemingly experienced by some former clients of Mr.Hansard? Although I can imagine it would be a tremendously painful, and possibly intimidating experience, perhaps those who may have been traumatised by Hansard ’s ’practices’ will decide to step out from the shadow of anonymity and make their challenge accountable and public too.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 10, 2007 09:39PM

jeff bowe
I wonder however, as Dorje raises the matter, if a legal route would be better served in terms of the reported abuse, seemingly experienced by some former clients of Mr.Hansard? Although I can imagine it would be a tremendously painful, and possibly intimidating experience, perhaps those who may have been traumatised by Hansard ’s ’practices’ will decide to step out from the shadow of anonymity and make their challenge accountable and public too.

Do you mean to the police? I support any survivors of abuse 100% however the police rarely do anything about it unless they have physical evidence, especially as there would be no evidence apart from survivors telling similar stories.

In the UK 'alternative' therapists are not accountable to any professional body or held to any code of conduct in law of which I am aware. This is one of the main problems with alternative therapy, Anyone can set themselves up as a 'therapist/healer' and behave as they like.

The best comeback is that word of what Hansard is like spreads to potential clients and colleagues, and they no longer wish to be associated with him. From what you say about his clinic being currently closed, it sounds as if this might have happened :D

This Hansard sounds not to be entirely in control of himself and to be very extrovert, he will scupper himself sooner or later by his actions, and probably already has :)

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 10, 2007 10:14PM

Kath..sure it would not be easy, however I think Dorje was speculating about Hansard, should he choose to commit legal suicide and take matters to court. My view is that, should that occur, it may prove more forceful to assemble a case based upon the reported abues which Hansard has seemingly perpetrated. Meanwhile, perhaps a collective, agreed statement, from such former clients, could be arranged that documented their experiences?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: wisedup ()
Date: May 11, 2007 12:13AM

I would be willing to add to that statement. I think Chris has been proven quite difficult to stop so far, partly because of the shame attached to being one of his victims when he had (and still seems to have) such a vocal fan club.
Also, he seemed able to spread his bad behaviour around enough that one was not aware of other people going through the same thing, at the time I thought it was just me.
I would like to hear more about other people's stories, too, but probably a lot of people are unaware of this forum. I only found it by coincidence.
I am shocked that an alternative therapist can not be held responsible for their behaviour,what the hell ? Is this actual fact? What about this police file somebody mentioned?
I can all too easily imagine Chris back in business, maybe not here, but somewhere.Any ideas of his wherabouts?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:36AM

It sounds like things are getting a little out of hand here. What would be the point of legal action? Revenge? Better that people's injuries be redressed through mediation or alternative justice where there is actual healing.

Hansard has a psychological/behavioural condition - that much is clear. He is currently out of business and if he gets therapy and recovers shouldn't he be allowed to do whatever kind of business he is suited to, as long as he does that within a strong ethical and acountable framework, like the rest of us?

If he cannot give credence to his claims of laiku training then he should give that up and apologize to everyone he has offended. But he is not unique in having fudged his CV, just, as per his narcissism, more flamboyant in his fudging. However, if you have attended any of his seminars you will see that he has some shamanic knowledge that is not readily accessible elsewhere. Regardless of where he got it, that is a legitimate contribution. The process of pulling together that knowledge should be allowed to cointinue if he still has something to offer in that respect.

I think it behooves everyone to carefully consider their motivations in deciding what kind of action to advocate in dealing with Hansard. Truth needs to come first, and not be sacrificed on the alter of bad feelings and vengeful thoughts. Otherwise we are no better than he is.

That's not the kind of world I envision living in.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 11, 2007 02:22AM

Truth and justice need not be mutually exclusive, and with careful application and consideration can do much to challenge what seem gross violations of trust and responsibility, let alone the cynical exploitation of the genuine Tibetan Bon tradition. If, and I see no reason as to why not, we accept the reports that have featured on this forum, Hansard would appear to have committed a criminal act? As to the state of his business I await firm and independent confirmation, meanwhile the collective effort to increase awareness continues, here and elsewhere.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: May 11, 2007 02:54AM

From now on then, perhaps Hansard should refer to himself as a Shamanic practitioner. Nobody could argue with that if he does have this shamanic knowledge. No shame in that at all - lots of people are interested in shamanism and doing journeys, myself included.

It is not quite true that alternative therapists are not accountable. Chiropractors and Osteoapths are and acupunturists and others are working towards self-regulation. Most people join the relevant organisations when they qualify and get practice insurance too and they are held to account then, as the organisations have ethical and practice guidelines that need to be followed by practitioners and they can be reported for unethical practice if not. They would then undergo disciplinary action. As a cranial practitioner, I am a member of the CSTA and also the Cranio Sacral Society (Upledger cranial) and by being a member of this organisation I agree to practice within and be controlled by its guidelines. The CSTA ethics document is rather large.

There is a thread relating to this at www.sceptics.org.uk where Pema went and posted, inviting people from there to look here. Not sure who posted the original link though. Not sure how receptive people would be though, as they are sceptics, so are against anything and everything that cannot be scientifically proved.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cornwell ()
Date: May 11, 2007 03:41AM

Wouldn't the most suitable approach be a public censure through the press? Pema should now have enough credible sources to write her story?

Current Page: 25 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.