Current Page: 17 of 75
Re: James Swartz—What is the Truth?
Posted by: Valma ()
Date: September 01, 2019 04:54PM

As a response to Russian Fatima, though I understand the concern, my take is that it is up to Heather to decide whether to go to court or not. I would NEVER ask her to do so in order for me to know for sure whether the allegations made by her are true or not. There are other ways to know the sincerity or truthfulness of someone’s words though such is indeed not recognized by human laws.

The reasons many spiritual gurus get away with their inappropriate behavior with students is because it happens behind closed doors, so there are no legal witness; it also happens because the student in question has not at that time the necessary clarity of mind or maturity to respond appropriately to such behavior especially if they are impressed and under the influence of the teacher in question. Heather was very young at the time, remember! Plus to go to court for a victim of abuse of whichever nature means to relive the ordeal they went through, which is not at all that easy and not without risk for their healing journey. Many victims of such abuse choose to not to say anything for their own reasons and move on to a healthier environment. That does not mean the abuse or milder cases but nonetheless inappropriate attitudes of a teacher towards a student did or does not take place because you yourself never experienced such with that particular teacher.

I don’t think Heather would have come public with her testimonial if after the facts her abuser would have recognized his wrong-doing and done all he could to ask for her forgiveness and help her out in all ways and manners. This would have changed entirely the course of events and we would not be here discussing this matter on this thread. Unfortunately for all concerned, this has not happened.

Besides what is paramount in all what is displayed in this world is motivation. You can be ever so generous of your time, say all the good things about spirituality, what is your real motivation? Is it real care and concern for your fellow beings or is some guilt pushing you to do good as much as possible because of a hard-core inability to face some facts and recognize some unpalatable personal shortcomings? That might be worth asking the question for anyone and the beginning of a healing journey particularly for compromised spiritual teachers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2019 04:57PM by Valma.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Russian Fatima ()
Date: September 01, 2019 06:23PM

What this boils down to is that an anonymous person wants me and others to condemn James Swartz, but is not willing to come forth publicly, despite having support, and apparently enough proof to win a court case.

If they're already on forums discussing these apparent past events and have put out a book on it all, then they are reliving it anyway. Why not bring the whole thing to light? It would benefit everyone.

I'd just say screw your reputation and go for it. Sue the guy. It's adharmic to let a rapist go on raping. If dharma is on your side, you'll come out the winner.

James can be outspoken. He can be harsh towards teachers who teach things in opposition to advaita vedanta. Perhaps that triggered someone to attempt to damage his reputation. So far it hasn't worked.

If the victim wants to get somewhere with this, and if the accusations are true, then they've got to go beyond this talking behind backs stuff, as if we're all in elementary school spreading rumours.

Rumours always go around about spiritual teachers who have at least a bit of success. Some of them may be true. Some not.

Lots of people get jealous of the success that others obtain. Siblings get jealous of siblings. Friends get jealouos of friends. Spiritual teachers get jealous of spiritual teachers.

Nothing has been proven about this. He has taught so much good to people, that it's going to take at least a real attempt at a court case to make any dent in his reputation, let alone stop him from doing anything wrong (which there is no proof of).

Some parts of the book seem to be lacking in empathy if the victim was actually victimized as stated. The whole book starts off joking about different quotes that were considered to open with. There's also a joke, "No pun intended, Mark Gafni seems to be hard to keep down." That seems in appropriate for the subject matter.

I find myself wondering who got triggered by James, and why they have so much time to write a little book, yet don't have the guts to take him on.

We're led to believe that Heather is a victim, and that Devon Adler wrote a book about it. If I did all of this interviewing and found out all of the information that Devon apparently did, I'd want to sue James. I wouldn't just sit back and hope that one day the "Feds" will decide it's worth looking into some incident in the 80s where a teenager did a striptease at a private party. Big deal that a teenager went for a ride across state lines with someone who wasn't their parent. It happens hundreds of times every day.

I also find it hard to emphasize with some lady sitting back in a tropical home, watching her kids enjoy life, living with a great saviour of a husband. If she's been so hard done by, then she should do something about it.

This book seems like a failed project to me. It's just a chance for people who already don't like James to have something to talk about. Why are you just letting James go about doing his thing if he's actually a rapist and supposedly has done a lot more? You have an obligation to stop him.

Anyway, I remain open, but unconvinced. I'm sure that's how many people who know of James and have heard these allegations think too.

Everyone knows it's difficult for some victims of rape to speak about it, but this is a time when it's a lot easier than in the past to do so. There seems to be a lot of confidence in the book about James' supposed crimes, so it just makes people think that it's actually not true if the victim doesn't do anything about it. There are a lot of critical thinkers out in the world that are willing to take on the idea that people like James Swartz may have done things like the things he's accused of, regardless of how much they like him.

Bring him to court, win the case because you've got all the proof, apparently, and enjoy the fruits of your labours. Be inspired by Arjuna who didn't want to go to war. If he died in battle, he'd win, and if he lived in battle, he'd win. It's a win-win situation for the victim.

If this is just left alone, then it would be like Bill Cosby's still on TV and doing the comedy circuits, laughing along with everyone, meanwhile having damaged so many people's lives. The victims came forth and he rightly was punished. He can't hurt anyone anymore. If these victims could take on a very popular man who represented family values, and who was a guy who made millions of people laugh, then certainly the victim of this story can take on a spiritual teacher not known by the general public. Everyone loves to take down a cult leader.

Posted by: earthquake ()
Date: September 01, 2019 06:42PM

Hi Everyone,

Ive been following the chat but not responding. Im going to respond fully to Russian Fatimas points when i post. Her opinion is important as much anyone.

Can i point out something obvious,that it is not easy for victims of historical sex abuse to cone forward. Thats why it is historical. There are many interwoven reasons. And whether a person feels able to cope with police and even court proceedings is something that only victims and appreciate.

In regard to what is being taught. Ive comprehensively spoke about the issues. Without taking anything away fron RF, im aware that posts can be made to draw one out.

There is a view among many in actual traditional vedanta, well known teachers, that JS teaches philosophy. There is no problem with that. But it is clear that he doesnt teach traditional vedanta, irrespective of what the site ssys. And that is ok also.

I shall be more salient in a little bit.

Earthquake

Posted by: earthquake ()
Date: September 01, 2019 10:10PM

Hello RF,

I don't wish you and I to get off on the wrong foot, can i begin with the caveat that your opinion has to be appreciated in this topic, and it's healthy for it to be heard.

RF
-------------------------------------------------------
> What this boils down to is that an anonymous
> person wants me and others to condemn James
> Swartz, but is not willing to come forth publicly,
> despite having support, and apparently enough
> proof to win a court case.

You spoke earlier about critical thinking, which is a very valid point. It's not necessarily true that Heather wants people to condemn JS. What is really clear is that she is giving an opinion that challenges another opinion. The latter being that there are no issues with JS.

There are all manner of reasons why someone doesnt feel able to come forward. This is a potential child rape victim we are talking about. And while it is also true that JS is entitled to defend himself, the truth also is, he himself is quite able to armchair warrior on the internet, wading into many things.

We also can't presuppose that anyone can win a court case before any due process has started. That is up to a jury. :).

RF
>
> If they're already on forums discussing these
> apparent past events and have put out a book on it
> all, then they are reliving it anyway. Why not
> bring the whole thing to light? It would benefit
> everyone.

It is a valid point, however we should not lose sight that heather might be a bona fide victim. Let's suppose it could be true. Just a little. Can we really pre-judge what someone should be able to do.

RF
>
> I'd just say screw your reputation and go for it.
> Sue the guy. It's adharmic to let a rapist go on
> raping. If dharma is on your side, you'll come
> out the winner.

I genuinely don't know if it is exactly like that. Heather could say. Might it possibly be she is apprehensive for herself, and her family. I am sorry to say this Heather, but victims go through an awful lot of emotions. Including shame and guilt. I know you will read this Heather, and I know you are a warrior. Im just saying there are many reasons, some bundled together, why someone wont go public.

Regarding letting him go on raping. Is that what is happening or being claimed is happening? I hav'nt followed thoroughly many replies here.

Regarding dharma and adharma. The vedanta view is that it will depend on lots of factors. What is universally adharmic is one thing. the law is the most obvsious moral compass for this. If someone breakas the law, and there is a victim, what is dharmic for the victim is primary.

If we are second guessing someone like this, we are judging. And we are judging Isvara. And that is ok to judge Isvara cause judging is Isvara too.

May i just say also, that just cause some action is dharmic does not mean someone comes out a winner. That is no appreciation of Isvara as the KArma Phala Data. The provider of the results of karma. It is generally true that if one leads a dharmic life then there life may be gentle to them. That is not a golden rule by any means though...

...This is because prarabhda karma, fructifying karma is not just about this life, but accumulated ones. If we are speaking vedanta. :).

RF
>
> James can be outspoken. He can be harsh towards
> teachers who teach things in opposition to advaita
> vedanta. Perhaps that triggered someone to
> attempt to damage his reputation. So far it
> hasn't worked.

I am sorry, but that is ridiculous. Only in the world of modern vedanta does he have any credibility. Granted he gets a nod here and there from some Swami, but well known swami in those same traditions do not regard him a a traditional vedanta teacher.

I've been extensive in this topic in showing how he is not using the vedanta pramanana as meant to be. To illustrate it further, and this is fact, Ramakrishna mission, and Ramana didnt either...

...This does not mean one doesnt have the jnanam, that is another subject. This means that they way these people, JS, Ramakrisna, Ramana, Papaji, Gangaji, they have changed the pramana in various ways and that has impacted the effectiveness of it...

...It can be said that very highly qualified people may possibly attain enlightenment from such teachings. Yet most are not that level. That is the third level. Most are either the first or the second. So vedanta wishes to develop those. Unfortunately anyone with critical thinking and a sound grasp of vedanta will see the samsaric baubles that JS and Shiningworrd teaches.

Let me share one thing with you. A most obvious point. Jnani, enlightened people are humble. And need no fanfare. If one visits the e-satsangs of Shiningworld all that can be saw is so called students who are praising JS for their enlightenment. Or self-realization, as he calls it. Even though there is no such thing. Anyhow, the point is that it is him and his wife that are posting all these glorification's about them. Self-glorification. The fact that there are many vedanta errors screaming out makes one hope the comedy there carries on.

It is only in the bubble of Shiningworld that all is rosy. That bubble of fear. You do what they say. You speak the way they say to you is vedanta speak also. Which is pure crap btw. The pretentious third-party verbage about the person who is speaking is symptomatic of their own non assimilated teachings. And it is fine for them to be like that. All this is Isvara, and they can be whatever way they want. But if you want to speak to me about their teachings here, we can at length.

I know personally that many, a great number, have had enough of Shiningworld. Ive personally spoke to many of them. People can try to deny it is happening, but I've got no need to lie. And if im not believed i couldn't care less, cause it's happening anyhow, hehe.

RF
>
> If the victim wants to get somewhere with this,
> and if the accusations are true, then they've got
> to go beyond this talking behind backs stuff, as
> if we're all in elementary school spreading
> rumours.
>
> Rumours always go around about spiritual teachers
> who have at least a bit of success. Some of them
> may be true. Some not.
>
> Lots of people get jealous of the success that
> others obtain. Siblings get jealous of siblings.
> Friends get jealouos of friends. Spiritual
> teachers get jealous of spiritual teachers.

Your insinuating very emotive stuff here. Can I just say, that even if it was the case of a teacher against him, Isvara responds to him the way that is appropriate. JS is never done putting down all other teachers. Even his own Guru, a most amazing display of a lack of Shradda that I have ever witness. For he took glory in publishing it. It's ludicrous.

Regarding success. What you are saying here tells where you are in your path. There is no possibility of wanting success for jnani. It's not about that not ever. So if any teacher takes an alternate view about JS is might not be about success. A vedanta teacher is not in the slightest interested in success. That is vishaya ananda. And moksha, is about understanding the non value of all vishaya ananda.

RF
>
> Nothing has been proven about this. He has taught
> so much good to people, that it's going to take at
> least a real attempt at a court case to make any
> dent in his reputation, let alone stop him from
> doing anything wrong (which there is no proof of).

Might it be that the idea was to inform people? Public opinion is important, yes. But it is dharmic to inform the world at least.

Regarding he has taught so much good to people. So have many others. That in the end there have been serious issues emerging. The whole point might be to inform people so they can make a decision, sometimes intuitively. A grandiose court case may never happen, for many reasons.

JS has also taught many bad things to people. I know this for a fact. Things he has taught has been highly controlling. This is anecdotal, but a psychologist who witnessed certain things first hand, albeit from the sidelines, left SW as she told me it looks very much cult behavior.

You sound SW. You and I can interact here and we can explore the controlling and abusive behavior of JS. The forum can grab the popcorn, hehe.

RF
>
> Some parts of the book seem to be lacking in
> empathy if the victim was actually victimized as
> stated. The whole book starts off joking about
> different quotes that were considered to open
> with. There's also a joke, "No pun intended, Mark
> Gafni seems to be hard to keep down." That seems
> in appropriate for the subject matter.

Any way a book is wrote, and any way someone looking to find flaws critiques, has got no direct bearing on what actually happened to a Victim. The author has explained various things already, and it is reasonable what was said.

RF
>
> I find myself wondering who got triggered by
> James, and why they have so much time to write a
> little book, yet don't have the guts to take him
> on.

There are countless victims of JS, in many things. I have personally spoke to many. Not sexual victims, but abusive in cultish ways. These people wnt want to come forward. There seems a feeling the the spiritual world it is somehow wrong to make a 'fuss'. The truth is important.

Anyhow, we need to do a reality check here RF. JS as been took on. The exact way that he takes one anyone he wants to destroy, and they are legion. Using the same weapon he uses on so many others.

RF
>
> We're led to believe that Heather is a victim, and
> that Devon Adler wrote a book about it. If I did
> all of this interviewing and found out all of the
> information that Devon apparently did, I'd want to
> sue James.

You dnt make sense. An investigating writer wont take a lawsuit for finding out the evidence. The victim has to. And you cannot know what someone should or should not do unless you have been in that situation.

RF
I wouldn't just sit back and hope that
> one day the "Feds" will decide it's worth looking
> into some incident in the 80s where a teenager did
> a striptease at a private party. Big deal that a
> teenager went for a ride across state lines with
> someone who wasn't their parent. It happens
> hundreds of times every day.

You are being deliberately emotive, and you are trying to encourage flaming of you on here. Flaming will only detract from the validity of anything that's being said on a forum.

You do know that what has been recounted was rape? Do you find it appropriate to discount child rape so blase? I hope you keep talking with me in this forum. We're going to have a lovely time. Can you feel the excitement?

RF
>
> I also find it hard to emphasize with some lady
> sitting back in a tropical home, watching her kids
> enjoy life, living with a great saviour of a
> husband. If she's been so hard done by, then she
> should do something about it.

You do know that critical thinking isnt about trying to invalidate something, dont you? It's about looking at both sides. And you are pure Shiningworld. And I love that you are here, hehe.

You emphasizing or not with someone who has done there best to move forward in life, hardly means anything. You're opinionated remark is so pretentious. This is a potential child rape victim. You havnt got a clue if it is true or not, though it's clear you sit behind a keyboard yourself and even make comments about the husband. Haha.

You're are very much SW. So much I woouldnt be surprised if you are quite close to the head's of the axis command.

RF

>
> This book seems like a failed project to me. It's
> just a chance for people who already don't like
> James to have something to talk about. Why are
> you just letting James go about doing his thing if
> he's actually a rapist and supposedly has done a
> lot more? You have an obligation to stop him.

It may seem whatever way to you. And you can claim online it isnt making a difference. If SW say it isnt' making a difference, I'm saying they are liars. Because I know for a fact it is making a difference. It's about people thinking twice, and having a little space to make their own minds up. Many are distancing themselves from SW now.

RF
>
> Anyway, I remain open, but unconvinced. I'm sure
> that's how many people who know of James and have
> heard these allegations think too.

Just tell the truth. It's obvious what you think and why you are here. And that is ok. Youre entitled to speak.

RF
>
> Everyone knows it's difficult for some victims of
> rape to speak about it, but this is a time when
> it's a lot easier than in the past to do so.
> There seems to be a lot of confidence in the book
> about James' supposed crimes, so it just makes
> people think that it's actually not true if the
> victim doesn't do anything about it. There are a
> lot of critical thinkers out in the world that are
> willing to take on the idea that people like James
> Swartz may have done things like the things he's
> accused of, regardless of how much they like him.
>
> Bring him to court, win the case because you've
> got all the proof, apparently, and enjoy the
> fruits of your labours. Be inspired by Arjuna who
> didn't want to go to war. If he died in battle,
> he'd win, and if he lived in battle, he'd win.
> It's a win-win situation for the victim.

You know something, you sound like JS here. Though not quite. Some things you are writing here is what he would say. So, what happens with SW is they all colloborate together, and I would not be surprised if this is a combined effort post. But the more you post with me the more I will be able to tell. :) .

There is no point in you mentioning Arjuna. Arjuna had no choice. That was why Krishna was quite terse with him at the start of the Bhagavad Gita. Arjuna was a warrior. A major one. It was his duty to war. All were assembled. And he wanted to leave the field. This was because he would be fighting his teachers.

For Arjuna, his personal svadharma meant there was never a choice. For Heather there is. It's not appropriate to use partial vedanta teachings to try to encourage someone to do something.

I can openly say that James SWartz has done this many times.

RF

>
> If this is just left alone, then it would be like
> Bill Cosby's still on TV and doing the comedy
> circuits, laughing along with everyone, meanwhile
> having damaged so many people's lives. The
> victims came forth and he rightly was punished.
> He can't hurt anyone anymore. If these victims
> could take on a very popular man who represented
> family values, and who was a guy who made millions
> of people laugh, then certainly the victim of this
> story can take on a spiritual teacher not known by
> the general public. Everyone loves to take down a
> cult leader.

You dont see him as a cult leader, though, even though he is.

You can pre-judge someone who is claiming to be a victim of child rape all day long, that is your right. Perhaps at some point you will begin acting dharmically, and (assuming you are not JS) you will see how invalid it is to judge or take shots directly at said person. And it is directly, as you know she is reading these comments.

the dharmic approach is that you don't know. You really don't. So instead of refusing to believe anything, why dont you at least begin to objectively see if at least the way he is teaching isnt the way it is claimed. See if, with a critical opinion if he is showing cult behaviour. You might not, cause people in SW are scared to give an opinion that is not the party line. But this is a dharmic approach. If you begin this, it may lead to other things. It has for many, who have been reconditioned after they left.

I can say, this isnt an easy approach. And the lure of Shiningworld is potent, but once free, one see's it for what it is. Yet, the want is still inside for many of the victims of this cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2019 10:18PM by earthquake.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 01, 2019 11:49PM

Dear Russian Fatima, Heather owes you nothing.

Repeat, Heather owes you nothing.

A classic troll tactic is to barge in and tell a whistleblower
that they've not done enough, that by giving a public report
this obligates them to go further and take matters to court.

Nope. Just getting word out so that members of the public
can get this information and decide for themselves, is a deed of
citizen service.

If you say, Why are you, Corboy, saying this, Heather is a big girl
and she can speak for herself.

I'm writing this so make clear that the those of us who frequent
the CEI message board take a firm stand against bullying.

We do this to ensure the message board remains an non intimidating place
for people who need it.

The tactic of telling a whistleblower that she's not done enough
and must go further and file a lawsuit, is I suggest, a form
of concern trolling combined with bullying.

Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: September 02, 2019 12:17AM

I don't respond to prodding...or mind control techniques...or suggestions from impartial contributors.

I know where my battle resides, and I'm in the fight every day of my life.

If Swartz wants me in court...let him walk the walk...show his "fans" that he has the muster...if I find myself in a courtroom with Swartz, it will be the next step for me. I'm okay with that.

I do suffer from CPTSD every day of my life...and I also have much joy, love, pleasure, and deeply connected relationships that feed my soul. I do not need to prove that I've suffered, or continue to suffer & battle...if someone finds it hard to believe the "Heather" image of me...in a tropical place, with a saintly husband...then that person knows very little about how victims of sexual/mental/emotional/spiritual abuse can survive and thrive despite the after effects of the abuse.

We survivors are resilient.

I don't need a "win-win". I've already won.

On this wonderful Cult Education forum...I am safe, and I speak my truth.

I am very grateful for the opportunity to speak the truth.

Readers can decide for themselves.

My intention in telling my account has not ever been to destroy shining world...or to "get" anyone.

Telling my account is called truth telling. The process helps me in my therapy, and potentially could help others who may be victims.

Everyone has their own path in life...so read what is written here, and decide for yourselves. Then get on with your lives. I wish everyone well on their journeys...

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 02, 2019 03:01AM

To whom it may concern:

People that post here may remain anonymous, which is their choice.

No one is allowed to attack others posting on this message board, about remaining anonymous or anything else.

Personal attacks are against the rules agreed to before posting here.

The subject and focus of this thread is James Swartz, not the people that post here.

Please stay on topic.

Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: September 02, 2019 03:44AM

James Swartz is a narcissistic sociopath.

[www.learning-mind.com]

Sociopath behaviours

Superficial charm. They are glib and superficial, smooth talkers who engage an audience easily.
Overinflated self-worth. They possess a grandiose opinion of themselves which leaves them self-assured and arrogant.
Easily bored. There is a constant need for risky behaviour which leads them to take chances that others would not.
Pathological liars. Lying comes as naturally to a sociopath as breathing. They can manipulate and use deceit in order to achieve their goals.
Con artists. The goal of a sociopath is to get absolute power over their victim so they will defraud or con someone for their personal gain.
No remorse. A complete lack of concern or pity for their victims with a tendency to be unmoved, cold-hearted and dispassionate.
Shallow affect. Sociopaths have a very low range of feelings and are unable to empathise with others as they cannot understand these emotions.
Callousness. This lack of feeling towards other people allows them to act in a callous and cold way.
Parasitic lifestyle. Many sociopaths live off other people in a parasitic form, by ways of manipulation or exploitation.
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions. A sociopath will always blame others for their predicament, and responsibility.

Narcissistic behaviours

Feeling a grandiose sense of self-important. The narcissist will exaggerate any small achievement, lie or deceive to make themselves look like they are superior beings.
Has fantasies where they are famous. Overriding everything in a narcissist’s world will be their fantasies of success, power or fame, whether this be due to their minds or bodies.
Convinced they are unique and special. Only other people of equal standing to the narcissist can ever understand them thanks to their high status in life.
Require absolute devotion and admiration. Narcissists need a constant supply of compliments, adulation and attention otherwise they will soon become bored with you and discard you.
A sense of entitlement. A narcissist doesn’t have to do anything to feel that they are entitled to have it. They demand special treatment simply because of who they are.
Cannot show empathy. Is completely unable to understand the feelings of others.

How can you identify a narcissistic sociopath?

A narcissistic sociopath will have a combination of a narcissistic personality and sociopathic behavioural traits.
Typically, a narcissistic sociopath will have a highly grandiose opinion of themselves and think that they are above any of society’s rules. They are not bound by normal regulations that apply to the rest of us, as they are superior beings.
The narcissist in the sociopath will believe that they are better than everyone else. The sociopath in the narcissist, in turn, will have a total lack of regard for others and will tend to violate these rights with no compassion for their victims.
One worrying consequence of a sociopath that has narcissist tendencies is that generally, sociopaths do not care if they are criticised by others, as they are not interested in the opinions of other people.
The narcissistic sociopath, however, will react aggressively to negative criticism as the narcissist cannot tolerate any judgement on their behaviour.
This, coupled with the callousness and lack of remorse from a sociopath, makes this combination particularly worrying.

Here are ten other traits of a narcissistic sociopath to watch out for:

They move your relationship on really quickly
They compliment you over and over again
They flatter you by putting down others
Your sex life is out of this world
They have a lot of broken relationships behind them
The conversation is always about them
They use impressive words that don’t make sense
They are charitable if it favours them
They will sulk for days and weeks
They will often mimic your behaviour in order to get close to you
If you recognise any of the above traits and think that you might be involved in a narcissist sociopath, there are ways to free yourself from their influences:
You have a choice whether to stay or leave
Being fooled was not your fault, they have done it before and will do it again
You have a future which can be filled with love and happiness, they do not.

James Swartz is a narcissistic sociopath. He lives in a fantasy world, wherein he is enlightened (yet humble, self effacing pure being...claiming, yet not claiming to be the enlightened guru...) He imagines an adoring audience, and the eyes of his audience follow him everywhere he goes. He justifies his lies and treacherous abuse by sheer fact that he believes he is superior to others.

He's so superior in fact...that he can rape, use, and manipulate anyone he chooses...with no consequence to his mind.

James Swartz has no conscience therefore I maintain he has no consciousness...no real awareness of self or others.

James Swartz is a worm.

A parasitic worm.

Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: September 02, 2019 07:14AM

Wow! Go Away For A Little While...

When I woke up this morning I saw another Post from Russian Fatima, and I wrote a response to it. The internet went quirky, I was called away, so the Posting was put off until lunch time. Now it's just after 1 PM, and while I was gone Valma, Heather herself, Corboy, and Earthquake have all weighed in, with an added note from the Moderator to stay focused on James Swartz.

For what it's worth, let me commend Valma, Corboy, and Earthquake (plus, and especially, Heather) for their Posts.

Valma, you were correct in all you said. One big poiht, a James Swartz who was actually spiritually evolved enough (and man enough) to have apologized for the many horrible things he has done would be so different a James Swartz than the "real one" that it is hard to imagine. Would Heather have done things differently if JS had sincerely apologized years ago? Very likely, but, sad to say, this didn't happen and, knowing Swartz, never will.

Corboy, your comments regarding Bullying and trolling tactics were spot on. (Again, my thanks.) And, of course, exactly, Heather owes RF nothing (and, as is pointed out in the next paragraph, who is RF, anyway?).

Earthquake, how wonderful you are "back." Your dissection of that message was excellent, as was your surmise that Russian Fatima is an Swartzian/ Shining World group effort. That makes a sad sort of sense. The RF posts did indeed become less coherent as they went along, as if with less time there were not enough minutes for the message to be massaged and to be given "one voice."

With all that in mind, here is the post I wrote before having read all of the posts mentioned above, and before it becoming even more obvious that Russian Fatima could be a Swartzite or group of Swartzites out to Bully, Troll, and in general (in the best tradition of their teacher) sew Discord and Mayhem.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Imagine Swartz without Heather's Claims.
Would He Then Be A Worthy Spiritual Teacher?

Russian Fatima (to my mind) is missing a lot of what has gone on in this Message Board.

Just to make it clear, for a core group of Heather supporters I was the main researcher in checking up on James Swartz. After hearing of Heather's accusations around New Year's of 2017, I personally questioned dozens of people regarding James Swartz. (Later, I gave all of my research, that of those who'd helped, and all of Heather's own written words to the author Devon Adler, who wrote the book "Guru? The Story of Heather.")

In my questioning, there were two very distinct types of answers, and of respondents. In general, the first type of "answerers" were those who barely knew him, who were interested in his teachings, had liked him on YouTube, or who had heard good things from fellow-Andrew Cohen survivors. These persons gave answers that were positive, and, especially, hopeful. "Maybe the old white-bearded guy could be the real thing," was the consensus.

This first type had never been close to him, and did not know him personally very well, if at all.

The second type of respondent knew James Swartz personally. Some of them were ex-students. Some had eaten breakfast with him on many, sometimes every, day(s), for a few winters in India. They'd heard his stories, witnessed his behaviors, and gotten to know him very well.

In this second group, every person I asked made a face when they heard the name "James Swartz." None of them smiled. Foreheads would crease. Sometimes outright frowns would appear.

A general answer to my opening remark, along with the unhappy expression(s), was something like, "So what do you want to know about him?"

I would mention in general terms that some serious accusations had been made regarding his veracity as a spiritual teacher and even about some criminal sexual things he might have done while younger. Then, "Would you believe that something like that might have happened?"

This question left it open to the "interviewee" to respond to the "false spiritual teacher" aspect of the allegations, or to the sexual, criminal ones.

Some persons of this second type focused on the spiritual problems with James Swartz. These have been well covered in this Message Board, but a quick review includes:

-- James Swartz has consistently lied about his spiritual background. He has exaggerated the time spent with his teachers, his closeness to them, and what he learned/ attained with them.

-- James Swartz has distorted the teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi, Sri Shankaracharya, and others. In particular, he attempts to make Advaita Vedanta a wholly mental paradigm. He takes out what Ramana calls "Heart" and tries (very unsuccessfully) to prove that Ramana meant "Mind" instead. Under Swartz, anything that is not “mental” in a dualistically explainable sense is discounted.

--- James Swartz has been called out for having deliberately mistranslated, and even totally skipping a key verse, of one of India's most sacred texts, The Bhagavad Gita. Why? The conclusion was that this verse didn't fit at all into his adulterated (some call them "bastardized") teachings.

-- James Swartz's own writings show he has no idea what "Awakening" is or is like, which shows he has never experienced it. Ironically, until he himself had read "Guru? The Story of Heather" he didn't seem to have a clue about the difference between Awakening and being "Enlightened."

-- James Swartz named himself "Ram." As one long-time India hand said, "You just don't do that! Your guru gives you a name, one that is supposed to have a meaning that you can reflect upon and learn from. You don't name yourself 'Ram.' That would be like a Christian saying, 'Call me Christ.'"

-- James Swartz stops his spiritual lessons just to share bad stories about other spiritual teachers. "No real spiritual teacher does that."

Regarding James Swartz and the Criminal and (criminally) Sexual aspects of my question, a wide range of answers came.

-- James Swartz a criminal? Well, he sure was happy to kill his neighbor's dog with poison. How dare it disturb him by barking? He told all of us about that.

-- Criminal? I just saw him as really mean. He would talk friendly to a person for a few days, or even a week or two, over breakfast, and then come in with a hangover or headache and just unload on them. Totally bash their--usually fragile and beginning--beliefs, just to see the look of pain and horror on their faces. Afterwards, he'd laugh about it--'Did you see his face? I think he almost cried! Hah!'

-- James Swartz hypnotized and raped her, she said? (The woman I was talking to paused, looked funny, swallowed a few times, and shook her head.) That's what he was doing to me... Now I see it. He was trying to hypnotize me! She shuddered. Thank goodness it didn't work... I don't think.

-- Swartz and sex? "Hell, he used to brag about how often he got laid. Back around 2001 to 2005, he used to tell us all about how he had a regularly scheduled parade of sewer cleaners and street sweepers, all widows, who came by to get nailed by him after work."

-- Sex? Didn't his first wife use to be a stripper to make money for him? What, she did live sex shows on stage? He didn't tell us that part, only the stripping.

-- James Swartz and drugs? According to Heather he was moaning loudly one night after using cocaine, but he himself has proudly told of taking LSD with students.

-- James Swartz and money? Right now he stands accused of having coerced persons into giving him both property and large sums of money. Some sources say that in Europe legal action is coming up in this regard. "He tries to say he doesn't care about money, but in fact, watch out!"

All of the persons above I interviewed personally, and virtually every one of them said, "Don't use my name. He's a mean, vindictive son of a bitch and he would find a way to hurt me." Not physically, but in reputation. "He's great at twisting things that could be good, or at least okay, into something that sounds really bad and incriminating. I don't need that..."

Summary (for Russian Fatima and others):

Based on the above, even with Heather totally out of the picture, is James Swartz a person you would want as a teacher, or as a guest in your home?

It was finding out all of the above that confirmed for me that Heather was likely speaking the truth. Then, Swartz's own responses to her charges totally confirmed it. He even, after denying her existence, admitted to having known her when she was 14 (and him about 40) and to knowing all of the 'sordid details' of her life back then. (What was a 40 year old man doing with a 14 year-old girl, totally without parental permission, that he knew all of her intimate details? Well, very likely this means Heather is telling the truth, yes?) After admitting he knew her and everything about her back then, he threatened that he would share all of it with her current friends and loved ones unless she shut up about her "drug and rape" allegations about him.

To threaten to blackmail a person with "sordid details" about her life as a 14 year-old--that is James Swartz. And to do so after having at first denied that she even existed, claiming that she was part of a conspiracy against him by "jealous students" of "inferior teachers"--that is James Swartz. (News Flash--James, as goes hypocrisy and many other unfortunate traits, there are no teachers worse than you.)

Indeed, James Swartz, to me, you are a fly-infested puddle of pig diarrhea as a man and as a teacher. (Heather is perhaps generous to call you a parasitic worm, except, come to think of it, what is it that parasitic worms eat?)

However,in Summary, again. even with Heather and her accusations totally out of the picture, would anyone want a mean, bullying, dog-killing, sacred text distorting, lying person as a spiritual teacher?

If your answer is yes, then, truly, James Swartz is the teacher for you. Except, don't say you weren't warned.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 02, 2019 09:57PM

For various perspectives, have a look at reviews on Amazon dot com of Swartz's book, How to Attain Enlightenment.

For starters, here is a capsule biography of JS:

About the Author
James Swartz was born in Butte, Montana, in 1941. He grew up in Lewiston, Idaho, and had a very happy childhood.

The small world of Lewiston could not contain him, however, and at seventeen he left for a military prep school in Minnesota.

(How many 17 year old boys willingly choose to go to military school - and in Minnesota?)

He spent two years in a liberal arts college in Wisconsin, was expelled for disciplinary reasons* and enrolled at the University of California at Berkeley in 1963. Six months short of graduation he ran* off to Hawaii, where he started a successful small business.

But something was terribly wrong; at twenty-six he had become an alcoholic, chain-smoking, gluttonous adulterer, and life in every respect was not worth living.

One day in the post office in Waikiki he had a life-changing epiphany that put him on the path to freedom. For more about that remarkable journey, read Mystic by Default.

[www.amazon.com]

Current Page: 17 of 75

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.