Current Page: 1 of 75
James Swartz—What is the Truth?
Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: May 09, 2019 11:38AM

The controversial spiritual teacher James Swartz has come under increased scrutiny in the last few years.

This is partly as a byproduct of his contributions to ongoing debates about the “realness” of some other teachers. His comments have not surprised those aware of his unusual ways. For decades, James Swartz has been free in his criticism of what he sees as the bad behavior and weaknesses of other spiritual teachers. One former student said, “He interrupted a lecture just to tell gossip and make fun about this other teacher. He seemed to revel in the put downs. And he does this all the time. Most spiritual teachers don’t attack others like that...”

Also, and potentially much, much worse, Swartz in the winter of 2016-17 was accused publicly, in the past,of using his “Guru” status to hypnotize, drug, and rape an underage girl from the ages of 14 to 16. Plus, to do the same to her “older” friend, who was 16 when Swartz allegedly began raping her.

A book has been written based on the allegations against Swartz. The author changed the names and locations, plus the exact dates and some details regarding the traits and appearances of the innocent parties involved (as well as the appearance and name of JS himself).This was because, “Although Swartz has virtually confessed with his own words and actions, he still hasn’t publicly confessed or been found guilty in court, so the book has to go out as ‘allegation-based fiction’l

Is James Swartz a lying rapist monster living a life of lies, ripping off old persons for their inheritances,screwing the young, and living able to sleep since he really believes he is better than anyone and everyone else, or is he actually what he tries to be, and claims to be, a sincere and highly knowledgeable spiritual teacher who draws attacks because he is so profound and because he “tells the truth” about other teachers?

Please read the book, “Guru? The Story Of Heather.” It is free to download as a PDF at www.reallyguru.com.

If you believe Heather, then you know what Swartz is. If you don’t, then you see a very different person, and he is perhaps a worthy teacher. Your responses are looked forward to.

Plus, if you have any, please do share your experiences with and perspectives about James Swartz, as well as about these and other allegations regarding him. The more information we have, the more accurate an evaluation we each can make.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Swartz—What is the Truth?
Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: May 09, 2019 01:57PM

Thanks for bringing up this topic Traveler99

James Swartz's interviews on Rick Archer's popular "Buddha at the Gaspump" show were taken down. Apparently Rick only does that reductantly, and only when he hears alarming things about the teacher from multiple, credible sources that are too much to ignore. (like he did with Mooji, and Bentinho Massaro)

This story about Swartz has been going around for a while now in a kind of hushed way, until now.

He did not say at all who the teacher in the book was but for the record, Rick once posted a link to “Guru? The Story Of Heather” online about a year ago. He said:

"This important book is written about real people, but their names have been changed. It shows the extent of depravity which a few spiritual teachers have been hiding."

Someone commented:

"Rick, can't you tell us who this criminal “spiritual teacher” really is? I saw this book when you originally posted it. Poor Heather. Still, with all the tips it gives, and warnings, and stories, I wish I'd had this book when I was first starting out."

Rick replied: "Email the author. He may tell you."

Rick added later in the thread: "Moral codes are tricky and relative, but I think “Thou shalt not rape children” is pretty universal."

Someone asked: "How do you know any of it is true?"

Rick replied: "I know the people."

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 09, 2019 02:52PM

Thanks for starting this discussion Traveler99.

That is all very interesting, Clearvision. Rick Archer himself has actually posted in the 'Mooji a cult?' discussion here on Cult Ed and may well like to comment on this discussion, as well.

I did find this reference to Rick Archer taking down Old James' interview from BATGAP - it's actually from the James Swartz newsletter:

[www.shiningworld.com]

Here James dismisses his accuser as a "troll."

(Hmmm... we have seen cult leaders use that term before, to dismiss their detractors. I am thinking of Universal Medicine Cult, where they repeatedly called Esther Rockett a "troll". The Universal Medicine Cult went on to famously loose their defamation case against Esther, who was proved to not be a troll, but an honest, concerned citizen with a legitimate, very concerning complaint. Just saying.)

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: May 09, 2019 03:20PM

Call for integrity

Following recent discussions and my own research thanks to valuable contributions made on the Cult Education forums I make a stand that i will stop following any spiritual teacher who does not pass the test of integrity. I rather die ignorant or with the knowledge i found so far rather than follow a human being who calls himself or herself a spiritual teacher but does not pass the test and has not publicly acknowledged misconduct whether past or present, apologize for it and repair what he has done.

I expect that much from those who claim to be teachers and accept money and devotion from seekers of Truth.

Definition of integrity = the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles.

Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: May 09, 2019 10:49PM

Rick Archer is a very smart man.

Based on the evidence you put together, he knows Heather, and believes her story, but he can’t say so directly because his leadership position with Buddha at the Gas Pump precludes that.

Rick is a positive person, who wants to focus on the best. Rather than speak of those persons who have proved to be bad or highly questionable, and his reasons for having so concluded,he just quietly removes them from his site.

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: May 11, 2019 01:08AM

Does anyone know if swami Chinmayananda or another guru ever asked James to start teaching?

Someone told me they asked swami Tejomayananda (then head of the Chinmayananda mission) about James and he didn't want to talk about him but seemed to have a very negative opinion of him. But that might also be because James was involved with swami Dayananda, who's had a fallout with the mission.

Date: May 11, 2019 02:53AM

Can't seem to edit my previous message anymore, but I believe the correct term is "falling-out," not "fallout" (I'm not a native English speaker).

Date: May 11, 2019 06:11AM

Zizlz,

that is very interesting. I did find this website, which you might have already seen.

[www.nevernotpresent.com]

If you scroll down and read the last 5 or so paragraphs, it does say that Old James learnt Advaita from Swami Chinmayananda. The guy who runs this website is an Advaita teacher himself and lo and behold - the guy is someone who has had a bit of cult involvement, himself!

He especially mentions Siddha Yoga, among seemingly hundreds of other spiritual traditions.... the guy is a regular spiritual shopper. He takes on a bit of everything.

Date: May 11, 2019 06:39AM

Sahara71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you scroll down and read the last 5 or so
> paragraphs, it does say that Old James learnt
> Advaita from Swami Chinmayananda.

I do think that's true, at least that James has spent some time with the late Swami Chinmayananda. The thing I'm more doubtful about is if Chinmayananda (who was a very reputable teacher) actually asked James to start teaching, as James has claimed IIRC.

>that is very interesting. I did find this website, which you might have already seen.

Yes I did see that site before. What struck me was the picture of James proudly holding up the big fish he just caught. This (finding joy in killing animals) is one of the red flags I noticed before but chose to ignore.

Date: May 11, 2019 06:43AM

I did find this anonymous comment from back in 2008:

"I am so glad to be able to tell you about James Swartz, aka Sunny Jim, or as we all knew him—Rama. I lived in a communal situation, (ashram?) with this man for two years and knew him for two years prior to this. Let’s be clear, like other false gurus, Jim is very charming and charismatic. He has a good Vedantic rap and I believe he has developed a siddhi or two. If you are naïve and have no prior knowledge of Vedanta he can seem very impressive, and can even trigger altered states that may mesmerize you. But be forewarned. Like many false gurus he is also a chronic liar and once he has lured you into his web with his rap, he can be verbally and emotionally abusive—all in the name of giving you a teaching. His little speech in his story about not knowing about ‘crazy wisdom’ would be laughable, if he hadn’t disappointed and messed up so many peoples’ lives. He has a knack for messing with people’s minds and sending them right off the deep end. The parts of his ‘autobiography’ that I was a witness to are so inaccurate that I am now wondering if he is delusional. He also forgot to mention the time he spent studying with a black magician in India. Another good story he forgot to mention was the time he was told he was no longer welcomed at the Chinmayananda Mission Summer Camp because it became known that he had seduced and then ridiculed a young woman that came to him for teaching. If you meet this man, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction."

This comments was lifted directly from: [guruphiliac.blogspot.com]

This information fits the picture we are beginning to see emerge about Old James!

Current Page: 1 of 75

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.