Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: Uma Inder , Umaa
Posted by: abusesurvivor ()
Date: March 23, 2018 07:08AM

Here's a very detailed expose from an org called Families Against Cult Teachings all about Uma Inder. Uma Inder Expose

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wts ()
Date: May 10, 2018 06:45AM

I know testimonies and experiences going back on more than a decade.She is and has always been a master at making enemies. She treats people like dirt, self-serving, transactionally relate and overall a very “dark” person.I am surprised,I guess it highlights her impressive story-telling skill, that she managed to get so much out of students and followers. I guess mystified stories sells. All her knowledge you can get from buying books from Bihar Publication. You want a teacher, get someone kind, genuine and doesn’t transactionally interact with you, with interest. The real Teachers, “Guru” don’t refer themselves as that. She has claimed how “The Love always wins”, sells promise of “Health”, “Truth” from psychological breakdowns based on her own “embodiment”, even going as far as how she was “cured” from HIV and infertility. It’s ok to not believe what you read here, be aware anyway.I have a feeling she has toned down her teachings from all this, beyond that, she’s still the same rude,manipulative, arrogant woman.

Posted by: nowthewiser ()
Date: May 10, 2018 11:22PM

There is another article about Uma’s abuses and also how Yoga Barn did not handle it well:

[medium.com]

Uma Inder and The Yoga Barn - took two to tango
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 12, 2018 11:58PM

The Yoga Barn Guru - Inside Uma Inder's Cult - the article cited by now the wiser
needs careful attention.

This is more than Uma Inder. From what Be Scofield's sources have said, the Yoga Barn received many specific complaints from Uma Inder's former students, their grave concern for the safety of her current students.

A Complex Tale
This story is about an abusive yoga teacher who propped herself up as an infallible Guru. But it’s also a story about how yoga studios should handle allegations of abuse. How do they respond to victims’ stories? What sort of responsibility do they have to name the abuse and work to protect future students? How do they create a safe space for students who’ve experienced trauma? Should teachers like Uma remain certified by the Yoga Alliance? What processes are needed to heal and repair the damage.

Date: May 23, 2018 11:04AM

That story is blowing up. I actually feel nauseous from it. I bow out from these discussions. Also, reading the loyal defenders logic without addressing any of the evidence (it is literlly on record!! the fury raging narcism is real!!) makes it seems like this is just going to be another saga that doesn’t have an ending. I am going to focus on myself now, completely getting rid of toxicity out of my system. As for the Yoga Barn, for me, all the shady shit she was doing was outside of it, if anything she breached her working visa rule and she has a lot to answer for. Even Aranya isn’t a legit licensed business. And anyway, people do come seeking in Bali. She just happened to managed to make a fortune selling her spiritualised trauma, laced in esoteric jargon and “love”. Those who don’t get it? Not clean, blocked, not ready. It just becomes his vs her story. She’ll never change or quit. Also, take a good look of her eyes. There’s this certain glazed crazy look,and there’s no levelling with crazy, especially the narcisstic kind.

Date: May 26, 2018 08:36AM

One more thing because I am so sick of the deflections, denial and non “accountability” she so highly preached for. She did spit on someone’s face. She did use physical force. She did regularly terrorise people’s mental health with bombs of harsh words claiming she is just a “mirror” for YEARS. She preaches so highly about natural order and cosmic law then check yourself Nina, this is a big one being served up for YOU. Just saying what I see...

Date: May 26, 2018 09:52PM

I too feel sick from all the deflections and outright lies being told by her supporters. Like, verifiable lies but THEY CANT SEE IT. It’s infuriating and when i can take enough distance from it (rare), kind of funny. And also really sad.

Good for you, wts, taking care of your nervous system. So important.

It may also bring some relief to hear that she has been canceled from the No Mind Featival in Sweden. People are apparently coming out of the woodwork in Sweden and sharing about the abuse they experienced. One woman told me a female friend of hers experienced “non-penetrative rape”. When I think about some of the things I saw and heard about, I realize I’ve seen this, & heard about it, on multiple occasions. If a man had done what Uma did to these women, people would absolutely call it sexual assault.

Oh right, “it’s all for love.”

Date: May 26, 2018 09:59PM

And Corboy you bring up the other important issue from that article, how institutions handle this kind of thing. From what I saw, Yoga Barn management did have some concerns about the whole Uma thing. They did respond and fire Uma when complaints were received, but then blamed and shamed victims out the other side of their mouths at the same time (actually I’m not sure about “they”—-from what i understand it was mostly Meghan Pappenheim.) I can’t believe she called them “those fuckers.” To a reporter. Really?! Almost comically unskillful, and showing some truly uncompassionate character.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 27, 2018 08:19AM

nowthewiser wrote:

It may also bring some relief to hear that she has been canceled from the No Mind Featival in Sweden. People are apparently coming out of the woodwork in Sweden and sharing about the abuse they experienced.

Might be interesting to keep an eye on the situation to make sure the organizers of the festival abide by this.

On the No Mind Festival Angsbaka (Sweden) profile page it states

"More profiles are added regularly ? Remember to check back for updates…"

[www.angsbacka.se]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2018 08:22AM by corboy.

Posted by: neilo ()
Date: June 01, 2018 09:41PM

I have 2 friends connected. One who left the group a few years ago and a different friend who is still in the group of Uma. Very crazy. From my perspective while in ubud I thought hypnotism was going on. No mind is a great festival - I went last year and I go again this year - they put on their Facebook they have canceled uma:

'UPDATE: We have come to the conclusion to cancel Uma Inder's participation at No Mind Festival 2018. There have been some accusations regarding her. Our understanding is that some of them are inaccurate, whereas with some of them we can not safely know that they are not true.
We were very happy with what Uma shared last year at No Mind and have only heard good things about the work she has done in Scandinavia since then. We hope that this situation will be cleared out and that whatever needs to be expressed, heard, healed and resolved will be so for everyone involved, and that we may welcome Uma back to Ängsbacka sometime in the future.
Program coordinators
No Mind Festival 2018'

Current Page: 9 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.