Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: July 28, 2011 06:36AM

I imagine he hopes to appeal to the next Joe Johnson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 28, 2011 06:59AM

'I am a Texan. We are a tough and thick-skinned people. God, I cannot believe that I have been with this for five years. Wow.'

You are a free man, Zeuszor, and can walk away at any time. It is better to live well than to waste a day on the likes of Dave McKay unless that is what you want to do right now.

Not that you wouldn't be missed...........

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 28, 2011 07:33AM

No. I am in it for the long haul, and will be watching to the end.

Date: July 28, 2011 07:42AM

I'm signing off, here's some sunshine:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 28, 2011 07:50AM

G'night, and thanks for the tune.

Butthead
'Of course, when one learns by example, there is always the problem of poor examples. In leadership, for example, I picked up some bad habits from both my own father and from David Berg (of Children of God notoriety). Both gave me the impression that "authority" is linked with "blasting" people who have done something wrong. I have tried to correct that in recent years (and I think my father did too, as he got older); but there are a lot of people who have been hurt by my blasts in the past, and I'm very sorry about that.'

This is the second time I recall David ever having had apologized for anything. This is a big deal, to me.

He's actually admitting to and apologizing for having hurt a lot of people.

Not that I believe him for a second. It's frankly just embarrassing to me, watching him squirm so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 07:51AM by zeuszor.

Date: July 28, 2011 07:52AM

I think his cancer has returned.

Date: July 28, 2011 07:59AM

Maybe so. May God have mercy on his wicked soul.

Date: July 28, 2011 08:02AM

zeuszor
G'night, and thanks for the tune.

Butthead
'Of course, when one learns by example, there is always the problem of poor examples. In leadership, for example, I picked up some bad habits from both my own father and from David Berg (of Children of God notoriety). Both gave me the impression that "authority" is linked with "blasting" people who have done something wrong. I have tried to correct that in recent years (and I think my father did too, as he got older); but there are a lot of people who have been hurt by my blasts in the past, and I'm very sorry about that.'

This is the second time I recall David ever having had apologized for anything. This is a big deal, to me.

He's actually admitting to and apologizing for having hurt a lot of people.

Not that I believe him for a second. It's frankly just embarrassing to me, watching him squirm so.

It's a milestone, it is. Even if utterly insincere (which I believe it to be) it still means something to me. It's sad.

Thanks for bringing that out, Stoic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 08:09AM by zeuszor.

Date: July 28, 2011 08:20AM

He certainly sounds like a man who's on the way out.

De mayo se pudra en el infierno....

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 08:27AM by Apollo.

Date: July 28, 2011 04:37PM

Something to bear in mind about sociopaths, narcissists etc and their ablility to change tack and appear friendly, they generally do not do well in therapy because they are fast learners where gamemanship is concerned. Often what happens is that the sociopath figures out the 'game'--the interaction that the therapist is guiding and turns the tables by playing along, filling the expected role of a repentent, reformed character who will go forth and sin no more.

Being wily by nature and fully conversant with the constant switching of 'roles,' they are often successful at convincing therapists who should know better. They make a gentle appeal to the therapist's ego and position of 'rescuer' by allowing them to feel satisfied with the changes the therapist has brought about. In point of fact nothing has changed and it is a con, what the sociopath does best of all and has spent a lifetime honing his skills at.

So I would take the Dave McKay volte face with a hefty dose of salt, it is old wine in a new bottle, a little bit of deviousness in the night, no new-leaf at all, however much we might like it to be so.

When he begins to make concrete restitution to those he has hurt and for his past misdeeds, then maybe there is some room for some cautious optimism, but talk is cheap--and McKays manipulative drivel on his site is still emotionally manipulative drivel and it is cheaper than most.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 04:53PM by Stoic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.