Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Date: December 17, 2010 10:20PM

Thank you for the link, Apollo...one of the worlds' most prolific and popular composers and performers...I think one of my favourite works of his, would be the whimsically meditative....[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 17, 2010 10:59PM

I see McKay is trying to take the moral highground. He's pleading with people from the xjcs site to back him.

I hope people can see the clear contradictions in McKay's recent attacks on me. He's demanding that certain comments be retracted. I have nothing further to add on that subject. I've fully explained my points.

What i find baffling is that McKay is quite happy to claim there was an attempted murder on one of his victims/followers. Now, this is passed off as fact on his forum. That has been posted literally hundreds of times on his forum despite the fact the Johnson's were never charged with attempted murder never mind being found guilty of it.

The man is a hypocrite who would be laughed out of any court!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2010 11:06PM by Apollo.

Date: December 17, 2010 11:14PM

W-a-a-y back on p.449.....

6. Loading the Language. The group interprets or uses words and phrases in new
ways so that often the outside world does not understand. This jargon consists of
thought-terminating clichés which serve to alter members’ thought processes to
conform to the group’s way of thinking. I would ask Malcolm Wrest to comment please.

7. Doctrine over Person. Member’s personal experiences are subordinated to the
sacred science and any contrary experiences must be denied or reinterpreted to fit
the ideology of the group.I am going to ask Malcolm Wrest to comment on this please.

Styxxx

(Hopefully "collaborating" with someone who is banned from the thread, by responding to their postings...is not covered by the rules....!)

The most outstanding example of "loading the language" in the JC's (of course there are several of them)to my mind...is the term "cult" or "cult-buster"....use this term with a member of the JC's and all you are telling them is that YOU have serious problems....you are unreasonably biased against any non-mainstream religious organization, and you use abusive terminology to justify your barely disguised prejudices....

This of course was a deliberate "disinformation" ploy by McKay to prevent his "foot soldiers" from even being able to consider "rebellion" against him as they would not as much have the ability to question the situation into which they had been drawn.....they would refuse to entertain any other "contrary information" as the lies of the Devil....

Doctrine over person....I think this is how David disguised the "repression" with which he ran the cult he once had (I remain a rebel, and believe that David HAS now lost control of erstwhile disciples....)...if you didn't enjoy "tracting" David literature....you were of course, only listening to the Devil....and needed to take a good hard, look at yourself, given the call of the "Great Commission".....and if you asserted that you could "witness" equally well through community service, you were "selfishly" putting your own interests on a "pedestal" and not considering the greater good of the community working as a "united body" (or whatever twisted denigration of your personal "lack of sincerity" that David could manipulate you with....)

....the "doctrine" was "mouth" what David wanted to hear, and devote yourself to selling his writings and "membership" in the Kingdom of God...with the occasional "stunt" (whipping, kidney donation) to earn media attention and broader publicity....

Date: December 17, 2010 11:28PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Thank you for the link, Apollo...one of the worlds' most prolific and popular composers and performers...I think one of my favourite works of his, would be the whimsically meditative....[www.youtube.com]

No problem Mal, that's from a charity night he did at the royal concert hall. You can watch the whole show on youtube. He's a musical genius.

Date: December 17, 2010 11:31PM

I am happy to loudly REPEAT those comments he'd like retracted....

While some sympathy must naturally be directed to Reinehardt, and regret expressed over the incident,

....the assault on Reinehardt took course over an episode of home invasion.....a "defence" under American Law, where those in possession of a property may act to defend it....

...the assault was NEVER in any sense "murderous"....and the fabrication of the degree of the damages suffered (Rheinehardts participation in the "fun-run" not long after, Joes comments to his friend that the extent of the injuries was deliberately exaggerated) implicates McKay in a bogus claim...

As you point out, Apollo, Joe Johnson was secretly "groomed" for membership as a minor....

...I would be interested in seeing a "medical report" for the Kenyan volunteer assaulted by the JesusChristians, when he is alleged to have stolen some items of minor value (any "legal waiver" he may have been induced into signing would be rejected in a court of law).....the statute of limitations for actions against those who commit assault and battery on the person of any individual, is unlikely to have expired....a court case, suing McKay (as acknowledged and "declared" Apostle of God, at the time of the assault) would seem in order to me...having regard to the doctrine of "ostensible authority"....

....perhaps the Johnsons could then enjoy a cruise of their own....at McKay's expense!

Date: December 17, 2010 11:38PM

Great post Malcolm, you make some excellent points.

Date: December 18, 2010 12:21AM

I should of course note that the 17th was McKay's birthday....I suspect a lonely occasion for him! I won't engage in any cheap humour at David's expense, and while it is a little difficult to exactly sincerely wish you a "happy occasion",...may you enjoy this melody David, a little reminiscent (for me at least) of some once "happier times" that I shared with you and your family, in Tallangatta...[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 12:32AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 18, 2010 01:17AM

To whom it may concern:

People like McKay threaten lawsuits almost every day regarding something said on this message board and/or archived somewhere at the Ross Institute Web sites.

Nothing new.

See [www.cultnews.com]

I have excerpted part of a paper presented recently at a symposium in China for the article above.

The Ross Institute (sponsor of this board) has been sued several times and always prevailed.

Fortunately, the advisory board includes excellent attorneys and pro bono legal help has been generously provided.

Of course anyone can sue anyone in the US. Frivolous lawsuits are filed every day.

But McKay will have to pay his way if he decides to do that. It seems highly unlikely that anyone will provide him with free legal assistance.

The last lawsuit filed, which included claims regarding this message board, was initiated by Landmark Education.

In the end, despite the company's substantial resources, Landmark decided to dismiss its own lawsuit, rather than face mounting costs, open discovery and potential public humiliation.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 01:21AM by rrmoderator.

Date: December 18, 2010 02:13AM

A very interesting article moderator.

It's amazing how Rick Ross has managed to build this forum up from scratch. This forum is a fantastic source of information. I imagine millions visit this site every year. Alot of families have been saved a helluva lot of pain and suffering thanks to the information provided on this forum. Rick Ross deserves a great deal of credit.

To even think about building a case against this forum you'd need to have a huge amount of money and at least some credibility. Dave McKay has neither.

An old bin raider like McKay has Two hopes, Bob Hope and no hope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 02:20AM by Apollo.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 18, 2010 02:18AM

Apollo:

Thanks.

Bob Hope is dead, so that "hope" is gone.

Quite a lot of people visit the Ross Institute Web sites daily, it's in the thousands.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.