Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 17, 2010 06:37AM

'create an environment (e.g. on an island) which is as little like punishment as possible, but which still keeps them away from mainstream society/children.'

What strikes me about the above statement is how similar it is to Davejc's lifetime efforts to create an environment which is as little like punishment as possible but which keeps his members away from mainstream society and children.

Mainstream society is struggling to come up with appropriate ways of dealing with paedophiles, given that they are held to be incurable due to the early wrong wiring in their brains. Locking them up is seen as ineffective as a means of cure, or even a means of delivering a 'short, sharp, shock' which is often effective in helping offenders to rethink their progress in life.

Prisoners incarcerated together form a society in microcosm, with the more powerful routinely preying on the weaker, with none of the cultural customs and practices of mainstream society which give some measure of protection to the weaker and encourages protection by the more powerful.
Our cultural customs, practices and laws might be irksome at times but they are all we have to protect us from falling back into rampant barbarism.

There is a great cautionary novel 'Lord of the Flies' which examines the behaviour of a group of young, well-educated schoolboys marooned on an island and charts their fast descent into such barbarism.

[en.wikipedia.org]

'Lord of the Flies is a novel by Nobel Prize-winning author William Golding. It is about a group of British schoolboys stuck on a deserted island who try to govern themselves, with disastrous results. Its stances on the already controversial subjects of human nature and individual welfare versus the common good earned it position 68 on the American Library Association’s list of the 100 most frequently challenged books of 1990–1999.'

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 17, 2010 07:50AM

Regarding that half-remembered reference to the Jesus Christians in Germany, I have found what was actually said by Dave. They are not banned from entering, as far as I know. Here's what Dave wrote:

I think we have quite a few people to thank for the latest news we have received that cultbusters in Germany are saying that we are "one of the most dangerous cults in the world today".

There's no point supplying the url for this quote, as things on that forum are deleted on a regular basis and url's lead nowhere.....

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 17, 2010 08:03AM

Blackhat
Regarding that half-remembered reference to the Jesus Christians in Germany, I have found what was actually said by Dave. They are not banned from entering, as far as I know. Here's what Dave wrote:

I think we have quite a few people to thank for the latest news we have received that cultbusters in Germany are saying that we are "one of the most dangerous cults in the world today".

There's no point supplying the url for this quote, as things on that forum are deleted on a regular basis and url's lead nowhere.....

Yep that's what i was referring to Blackhat.

Thanks

Date: December 17, 2010 09:12AM

For the benefit of David John McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'')and any other sweetie wives looking in...

I do not post under the name zeuszor. I have never posted under the name zeuszor. My name is not Brian.

David i am demanding you remove this slander and anything of a similar nature from your forum immediately.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2010 09:19AM by Apollo.

Date: December 17, 2010 01:58PM

Just for the record:

I opposed DSM/littlerose's claims that the Jesus Christians are a front for a terrorist group.

I do not think they are a paedophile group, in the literal sense. Many people view the grooming of young people under 18 years old to join a cult as somewhat LIKE paedophilia, and I myself have used the term "Spiritual Paedophilia". Use of slang words like "rock spider" is understandable when one of your own children has been taken by the cult.

Dave has made some rather foolish statements regarding not using force on under-aged children, and has maybe managed the involvement of a convicted paedophile in his group in an inappropriate or foolish way, but that does not make him a paedophile.

I am not an apologist, but that's how I see it.

I view his use of whipping, and the way he uses members of his cult as cash-cows out on the streets with his books and DVD's, plus his dubious milking of Australian Centrelink funds and undeclared income, as much more concrete and serious concerns. Sending young people out on outreach missions with no food or shelter, the use of group pressure to bring about kidney donations from people so young as to not fully realise the consequences of such "generosity".... the alienation of young people from their families....these are the things with which I have concern, and do not wish to see continued or repeated. I could go on, but I think readers will get the picture.....

Date: December 17, 2010 04:32PM

And another thing.....hehehe

Dave continually makes the assertion that anyone who posts here is "in league" with other posters here.

Now Dave, you are a journalist. If I were to write a letter to the Sydney Morning Herald, or even to the Broken Hill Courier (or whatever it was called), would you assume I was in league with others who write letters to those papers? I think not.

The same applies here. This is a FORUM where people discuss cults. It does not mean that everyone here endorses what other posters post. Your assertion that we fight among ourselves is clear evidence that not everyone here endorses what other people write.

Just as those who write letters to regional papers are not endorsing others who write letters to those papers.

Maybe in your insular world you can't cope with the idea of people offering free thought and analysis, and being up for criticism from other posters? But as a journalist in your dim dark past, surely you must have some vague memory that people can speak freely and not be in agreement with other letter-writers?

And just as Editors and proprietors of newspapers choose which letters to print in their paper, and which to disregard, so Rick chooses that cult apologists can't post here. But he doesn't insist that everyone agrees. It's not so different.

As a journalist, I hope you can get it?

Date: December 17, 2010 05:19PM

Dave is still allowing littlerose to post on his forum. And he has asked for people to help him to fight Brian!

Oh the hypocrisy!

Date: December 17, 2010 06:22PM

Dave McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'') has created a thread titled '''Kevin and Paedophilia'''.

There was previously a thread ceated on the JCs forum titled ''Kirsty and Prostitution''. I recently read it and i believe it is still available to view. The poster who created this thread was vilified by McKay and his victims/followers as they felt it was a misleading thread title.

Notice any similarities in these two thread titles?

Oh the hypocrisy indeed!!!!

Oh and for the benefit of any newcomers to the thread, the Kevin he is referring to is in actual fact his son. The same son who he previously referred to as the ''devil''. Yes that's the kind of father Dave McKay is.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2010 06:30PM by Apollo.

Date: December 17, 2010 06:47PM

Dave McKay gloats about his former role in the notorious ''Children of God''...

Dave McKay wrote:

I was a "Shepherd", eligible for most of their top information

Dave McKay states he will not defend the Children of God...

Dave McKay wrote:

Far be it from me to say anything in defense of the Children of God

Dave McKay then has a change of heart and decides to defend the notorious ''Children of God''...

Dave McKay wrote:

I have to inform you that "heinous paedophilic crimes" were not the standard faire in the Children of God

Dave McKay wrote:

in the many swoops on Children of God colonies many years later (when children were taken away by the busloads to be examined by psychologists), there were relatively few arrests for paedophilia.

Dave McKay wrote:

I may be wrong, but I would venture to say that the rate of paedophilia was not much higher than that amongst Catholic priests.

Well there you have it people, Dave McKay desperately trying to brush under the carpet the heinous paedophilic crimes commited by the notorious ''Children of God''... ''nothing to see here, move along, move along etc etc''.

Someone's sounding more and more like a notorious ''Children of God'' apologist, but then, someone would be a former member.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2010 06:58PM by Apollo.

Date: December 17, 2010 06:51PM

Dave McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'') has threatened legal action.

Well at least we now know where Joe's donor money will be going.

Good luck David you'll need it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.