Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 09, 2010 08:09PM

Send it my way Blackhat you rascal! ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 09, 2010 08:23PM

Not until you apologise, you big talking man!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 08:30PM by Blackhat.

Posted by: falling_leaves ()
Date: December 09, 2010 08:37PM

hi malcolm, sorry but I kind of feel like I will just end up in more trouble with rick if I try to respond to your questions cause I disagree with some of your points. It seems I'm not fitting in very well over here. Sorry about that. I'm really not trying to cause trouble. I can understand that people probably don't trust me cause im a former jc and I can understand that so I'll try not to assert my beleifs so much in future and try harder to get along with other posters. Perhaps I just need to build up a bit more credibility here before trying to tackle your arguments.

btw thanks for the link rick. I had a look at some of the articles there like "it hurts" and some other stuff. There certainly is a lot to read. the whole cult education business is a lot bigger than I realized. I'll keep looking around untill I find something that clicks with me and let you know how it goes.

regarding the facts, yeah I agree that dave was a member of the cogs back in 70 whatever it was. I didnt mean to make it sound like I disagreed with that cause Ive seen before that even dave admits to that. I guess the part about your warning that sticks out the most to me is the "notorious" part, because I don't think the cogs were notorious for comics or teachings on forsaking all. I've never been one with an abundance of common sense but what little I do have tells me the word refers to sex scandal. It would probably be more accurate to put a warning like "dave (guy who is self confessed impatient)" or "dave (guy who is sarcastic a lot) rather than some kind of notorious warning which anyone would automatically associate with sex scandal. Does that make sense? I hope you don't feel this is a personal attack on you. I'm really quite clumbsy when it comes to expresing myself so I hope you'll be patient with me.

oh yeah one other thing, apllo. I didn't realize that you were so offended about the brian thing. I thought it was just like an inside joke thing that you were sharing with people here. Soimetimes its difficult to know when something is a joke and when it is not without the benefit of body language and verbal cues. sorry for contributing to your uncomfortableness on that issue. I won't make any more jokes about it. :)

Date: December 09, 2010 08:43PM

There's more chance of Dave McKay (former member of the notorious ''Children of God'') getting up off his fat arse and getting a job! ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 08:43PM by Apollo.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 09, 2010 08:47PM

The Ross Institute message board is a public discussion space.

The only cost is to abide by the terms of use, aka the rules.

[forum.culteducation.com]

If some parties feel constrained and unfree and oppressed by the RI message board rules, please keep in mind that there exists another discussion venue
on JC/Mackay over here.

[jcs.xjcs.org]

(The first of sixteen pages)

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 09, 2010 09:04PM

To whom it may concern:

COG (Children of God) is widely considered one of the most destructive cults in modern history.

Ruled over by totalitarian dictator and psychopath "Moses" David Berg, many children and adults were brutally exploited and hurt by COG.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Berg is dead and his widow now runs the group.

However, despite the horrible abuses systematically implemented under Berg's direction, COG has never really acknowledged he was an evil man that mislead them.

I have interviewed a number of ex-COG members and their accounts of abuse are horrifying.

Dave McKay apparently began his cult life and germinated many of his ideas, while in COG.

This remains an interesting and revealing footnote in his history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 09:05PM by rrmoderator.

Date: December 09, 2010 09:06PM

I take it you are referring to that new under-counter release, titled "Denise Does Meadowhaven"?

..."'Denise does Meadowhaven"! .....an utterly hilarious parody, "par excellence"...!!!

What a delightfully wicked bent of mind you have in your precious possession.... Blackhat!

....and God bless you for it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 09:07PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: December 09, 2010 09:19PM

Dave McKay apparently began his cult life and germinated many of his ideas, while in COG.

This remains an interesting and revealing footnote in his history.

The influence was REALLY there, to be clearly seen, during the early months of my servitude (in Tallangatta) when David proudly showed me the secret collection he had of all the "Mo letters" he had received down the years, in the leather bound volume where he kept them, hidden in his bedroom, and I think a current Family newsletter may have come once or twice.... he clearly identified with the COG's theologically and never (apart from the sole issue of "flirty fishing")criticized them for any of their beliefs or practises, to my face...the "Christians", as we were then, were seemingly just the COGs minus flirty fishing...

...funnily enough(tragically really), his stock response was when the COG's began to follow Moses Davids (and not God) they became F(o)OLs......a pun on the Family of Love acronym, without then being able to see the same thing happening ever more and more quickly in his own religious empire.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 09:21PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: December 09, 2010 09:35PM

Malcolm is it fair to say that during the period you knew Dave McKay (former member of the notorious ''Children of God'') he appeared to think very highly of ''Moses'' David Berg?

Posted by: hello ()
Date: December 09, 2010 09:48PM

Hi

just wanted to say I'm a bit confused about some of the information falling leaves has provided. The JC's have always been able to PM each other. I was on their forum when it first began - before Glenn , Al and Blackhat even! The facility was only taken away from people not in the group itself . There are even a couple of references to JC's pming ecah other on the forum ( if the thread hasn't now been erased :) ) . They had a meeting recently on the forum which is why there were 28 users on line at once. ( just before the graduation) .

Also - the community were at one time banned from looking at these threads - I don't believe they were ever encouraged.

Sorry to be so suspicious falling leaves - but I'm suprised you weren't aware of these things. Plus , all the JC's if they wanted to post here would have informed Dave and been quite open about who they were unless they left on a bad note. And even then , it usually takes them a while to pop up.

I couln't help notice your emphasis on the who sex / COG issue and your reference to Cait being a poet.

Sex , poetry and disinformation - sounds like my favourite troll Al!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.