Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: December 11, 2010 07:00AM

Styxxx
There will always be minor disagreements on forums but you are a very vital member of this forum and I, for one, miss you when you leave even if we don't always see eye to eye.

I just caught this bit.

Even if we don't always see eye to eye? Do you know me? I don't think so.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2010 07:06AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 11, 2010 07:23AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2010 07:23AM by Apollo.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 11, 2010 08:44AM

falling_leaves has been banned from this message board.

Another troll.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: December 11, 2010 09:40AM

Welcome back home, zeuszor. You were missed. Hope all is well with you.

Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: December 11, 2010 12:05PM

Welcome back Zeuszor! Keep the good fight of faith! I'm glad to see falling leaves is banned. He always seemed like a troll or a DM look a like.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 11, 2010 02:36PM

I've had a busy weekend away from this forum, but I did wonder if falling-leaves could be Grace. So I sought out a couple of emails I have saved from her. She and I inadvertently got each others email addresses when Dave did a "reply all" to an email I had sent him, and he included Grace. This led to several emails between myself and Grace, which I saved.

I compared the writing styles of falling_ leaves and Grace, and you could not find anything more different. Grace uses Caps and commas, punctuation and syntax as a fully educated young woman, whereas falling-leaves is a user of non-caps and uneducated syntax.

I do not believe these are from the same person, even if Grace were trying to emulate uneducated punctuation. Falling Leaves is not Grace from my analysis.

However, it may be noted that "Someone" had a thing for Grace, and about something weird which he made up about a rape within the JC's.....and "Someone" posted stuff about that on youtube as the "youtube nuisance".......I suspect that person is the same troll.....

Date: December 11, 2010 02:43PM

Dave wrote

One of the funniest things about this is that people are going to read through those pages WITHOUT reading what I'm writing over here, and wonder why everyone behaved like such monsters to someone who was ever so polite and co-operative, not knowing that you were all dancing like puppets while I pulled your strings from over here.

So Dave wants to see himself as the puppet master.? Whatever happened to following Jesus?

Did Jesus say you will be blessed by being a puppet master?

No Dave, you are out of your depth and control of people, and there is no way that a fabulous young woman like Grace would be your puppet. If so, then that is a tragedy beyond belief.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2010 02:52PM by Blackhat.

Date: December 11, 2010 03:19PM

Ok, I'm catching up on postings now, and I find this quote from Kevin on the XJC site. I can't find it so far on the JC Forum, but given the current climate, I'd guess it has probably been removed already.

Kevin said that Dave posted:

First, let me explain that there is probably going to be a lot that I do from now on that you will have to make a difficult choice on... either strange behaviour just to tease and confuse you, or the craziness of an old man... for which you get to tease ME.

My memory is fading, and I find it difficult to stay with a thought without losing it. (However, something kind of nice that goes along with all the rest, is that I get sort of lost in the "present". I'm hoping that means that I soon won't even be able to hear your ridicule.) However, I understand a bit better now why Nancy Reagan kept her husband away from the media in his declining years.

But then again.... everything that I said above may just be a trick... a diversion to catch you off guard. Scary, isn't it? Sometimes I'm not sure myself if it's a trick on me or a trick on you! lol

My memory is fading, and I find it difficult to stay with a thought without losing it

I think we are seeing the demise of someone who is suffering from some kind of dementia or Alzheimer's disease. It doesn't matter what the problem is, Dave has admitted that he is getting old and is losing his mind.

This is probably the reason for the fragmentation of his followers.

And I must say at this point that what good is a community which abandons its elders when they reach senility and dementia? Much as I disagree with Dave, I disagree even more with those who have "gone out on their own" when it is clear that their leader is old and is losing his mind. Any viable community must have the fortitude to care for the elders in their senility and dotage, or else cast them out into the desert to die. I wonder which choice the Jesus Christians have made? Not that I want to support Dave, but the principle is a social one worth examining, and I hold the other Jesus Christians in less respect for this decision.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 11, 2010 04:29PM

Blackhat
I think we are seeing the demise of someone who is suffering from some kind of dementia or Alzheimer's disease. It doesn't matter what the problem is, Dave has admitted that he is getting old and is losing his mind.

This is probably the reason for the fragmentation of his followers.

And I must say at this point that what good is a community which abandons its elders when they reach senility and dementia? Much as I disagree with Dave, I disagree even more with those who have "gone out on their own" when it is clear that their leader is old and is losing his mind. Any viable community must have the fortitude to care for the elders in their senility and dotage, or else cast them out into the desert to die. I wonder which choice the Jesus Christians have made? Not that I want to support Dave, but the principle is a social one worth examining, and I hold the other Jesus Christians in less respect for this decision.

I would have more respect for them. Dave McKay (former member of the notorious ''Children of God'') is a dangerous man who ruins peoples lives. Until he is in a mental institute or a care home he will continue to be a danger to society. The further he's away from everyone the better. If his group have shown the courage to turn their back on a senile Dave McKay then i commend them. Maybe they'll now finally be able to get their lives back without this senile old fool manipulating and controlling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2010 04:30PM by Apollo.

Posted by: Styxxx ()
Date: December 11, 2010 05:18PM

NO.

If David McKay is ill, his members should have behaved in a Christlike way and got him help. If this is a form of dementia, it's not his fault. Dementia can often amplify positive or negative personality traits. It can take a hobby someone has of say collecting toy trains and turn it into a rampant obsession where it is all the person will focus on and talk about. They can become protective of their interest fearing others seek to steal it or destroy it.

If those who have been living closely with David McKay see a serious health issue that is going unaddressed they owe it to Jesus and to their old friend, the Dave they respected enough to follow not to simply abandon him. They could have opted to rise above differences and contact a son who could and would help. How would they have liked to be dumped like so much waste in disposable bin liners if they were ill. Would David have dumped them if they were ill? Well he didn't dump his wife who is sickly. Reinhard was not dumped when injured. Would JESUS dump anyone who was suffering?

I'm still not convinced this isn't all some act but if we are even speaking hypothetically, I would have much less respect for anyone who would dump a sick person regardless of how the person is behaving in their illness.

I also agree that falling leaves was not Grace. I suspect someone who has mentioned his illness might have done this or some miserable troll who gets off on starting trouble. Either way, no one seemed to buy into their story for long yet no one went into attack mode so it was a pointless waste of their time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.