Current Page: 52 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: Dave McKay ()
Date: November 22, 2006 01:41AM

I agree with Jack, Rick. You are flogging a dead horse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 22, 2006 04:05AM

Dave McKay
I agree with Jack, Rick. You are flogging a dead horse.

Dave, why can't you just answer my questions point-by-point? It'd make you look better. Up to this point, any objective reader can see that you are being evasive and seem to have no sense of accountability. Everybody's wrong except Dave, huh?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 22, 2006 04:58AM

Dave McKay:

Yes, you are a "dead horse."

It is impossible to have a meaningful dialog with you through an open discussion with a genuine exchange of information and ideas on a message board.

It's your way or the highway.

Go back to your message board, where the largest portion of posts are your own.

No one needs to be bothered with your antics here.

Goodbye Dave

Date: November 22, 2006 05:10AM

rrmoderator
Dave McKay:

Yes, you are a "dead horse."

It is impossible to have a meaningful dialog with you through an open discussion with a genuine exchange of information and ideas on a message board.

It's your way or the highway.

Go back to your message board, where the largest portion of posts are your own.

No one needs to be bothered with your antics here.

Goodbye Dave

Ha ha ha. Good one, RR. :lol:

Hey Dave, I am now giving you the ol' "one-fingered salute"! :P

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 22, 2006 11:50AM

zeuszor
Dave, why can't you just answer my questions point-by-point? It'd make you look better. Up to this point, any objective reader can see that you are being evasive and seem to have no sense of accountability. Everybody's wrong except Dave, huh?

G'day Zeuszor,

You're right on the money!

And Rick must be getting tired of asking the same of the insane. Yes, McKay clearly uses bullying techniques (revealling personal names of those who clearly don't want to be named) and evasion tactics (not answering questions honestly).

Maybe this thread finally needs to be locked down. I feel the substance of this discussion will only be compromised by this 'flogging of the dead horse'.

It is interesting, however, that McKay continues to 'share' in the discussion. He obviously enjoys being whipped!

In conclusion, the testimonies of the many ex-members on this thread are a valuable source of information to those seeking more on this cult. I congratulate each and every one of you! I know the journey has been a long and arduous one.

Posted by: Tucker ()
Date: December 02, 2006 04:21PM

I'm a new user here. I've been doing a bit of reading on the net about the Jesus Christians lately as I went to school with one of the senior group members and I was curious if she was still involved or had broken free. I've had a look at their website and she appears to be well and truly still involved with the group which saddens me greatly as she was a very nice girl and a highly intelligent and passionate person.

I've read some of the postings on their forum regarding ex-cult members and together with what I've read here it is abundantly clear that their leader is highly paranoid and has a huge persecution complex which he apparently teaches his group as they all seem to have the same tendencies.

They seem so defensive when discussing ex-members and are quick to judge them as attacking the group when what I read clearly was no attack but a genuine attempt to let members know that there is a life outside the group and it's not all bad in "the system". Also, it seems to me that ex-members genuinely seem to be concerned about their former colleagues which shows to me what it truly is to be a christian.

I just wish my friend could see this and let all the bitterness go and find true happiness and freedom.

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: December 04, 2006 09:24PM

Tucker, one truth is that MOST people who join the JC's eventually leave. The most caring, kind, loving and idealistic ones are the ones that leave. They just get sick of being manipulated and start to see that they could be better people and happier outside the group. I'm glad you've been able to read between the lines and see the truth. I'm glad you can see how they misconstrue things non-members write and always try to make themselves look good.

I hope your friend will eventually see things more clearly, and there is a good chance she eventually will.

There are some that will never leave until their leader has passed away; he is in his early 60's so it may still be a long long time before that happens as he enjoys the excellent free public medical system of Australia.

There will definitely be some who post on their site bombastically to please their leader, but who privately have doubts and concerns. They will be disturbed by un Christian behaviour of Dave in the basic realms of kindness, respect and mercy but will be in conflict inside themselves because of the indoctrination that they are the only true Christians because of the radical actions they do. They will be pushed by Dave to break down their own common decency and compassion in the name of "breaking their pride". Eventually they will see that they are martyrs for Dave, and not for Love, God or Jesus, and then in the name of Love they will leave. They will see that the basics of kindness are more important than the so-called "advanced" cruel teachings of Dave and they will leave. They will see that relationships are more important than bookselling or doney targets and they will leave.

Not everyone, but most of them, eventually. Thank God!

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: December 10, 2006 05:56PM

hmmmm, concerning stuff

[welikejesus.com]

But a better example is paedophilia. Kids are not FORCED to have sex, and yet society says it is wrong. I know, I know, they are not adults. But you see, we each have our restrictions that we think makes it wrong or doesn't make it wrong. And so what we decided to experiment with is just trying to follow the rules as we honestly and humbly think God wrote them.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: December 10, 2006 06:25PM

cultmalleus
hmmmm, concerning stuff

[welikejesus.com]

But a better example is paedophilia. Kids are not FORCED to have sex, and yet society says it is wrong. I know, I know, they are not adults. But you see, we each have our restrictions that we think makes it wrong or doesn't make it wrong. And so what we decided to experiment with is just trying to follow the rules as we honestly and humbly think God wrote them.

Whoa there Dave. Your mask just slipped big time! But then again, let is fall. Be unashamedly bold about it all. It makes it that much easier for people to see what you REALLY think about.

So does he think children actually want sex with paedophiles?

Gee, I wonder if Jesus would agree with him... not!!

Date: December 10, 2006 11:07PM

[b:1a1e571756]Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Mar 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of [these] little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
Luk 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. [/b:1a1e571756]

I doubt very very much that Jesus would be cool with grownups having sex with kids. In fact, here He says that execution would be too good an end for those who would harm children. Dave will have a lot of splainin' to do on The Last Day.[/b]

Current Page: 52 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.