Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: mountains ()
Date: April 14, 2009 11:10PM

David McKay mocks parents and RR

Watch the section where the young man tells his parents he has joined a cult, the parents are played by McKay and his moll. They feign anger and rage and look up a cultbuster. David McKay is one angry and sick man, who appears t o be exacting his revenge on the world in general, and parents in particular through his exploitation of youing people.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 14, 2009 11:38PM

Ironic, but McKay has tacitly acknowledged his role as a "cult" leader.

He seems to crave attention, any attention.

Now it's videos on YouTube to feed his ego.

It's pathetic though, to see his followers used this way, as little more than sock puppets, playing roles in his production.

Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: April 15, 2009 07:17AM

To McKay, anyone who opposes or even criticizes him is morally deficient, their opposition to him inevitably slowing the progress of the building of the Kingdom of God. It is his published assertion that the "anti-Jesus Christian" and the "enemy of God" are one and the same. His obsession with enemies springs from his evident paranoia.

McKay is very much an overgrown child, and it is easy to see aspects both of his behavior and of the Jesus Christians as projections of this dangerous immaturity. McKay's self-obsession fits neatly into the psychopathic type known as a narcissist.

The Jesus Christians may be seen as his "alter-ego." Indeed, the whole of the Jesus Christians can be seen as an externalization of McKay's temperament.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 07:31AM by Oerlikon.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: April 15, 2009 10:31AM

Here's a snappy little number that I call the Dave Pertwee Remix. It's the ongoing saga of a mysterious, evil alien time traveler and his companions. He distorts time and space, creating problems, taking children away, wronging parents, pissing people off, generally trying to hurt as many people as possible, and feeling no sense of responsibility nor remorse for any of it at all. Here's to you, David!

[www.youtube.com]

Dave McKay kenyan school children and indian sewer
Posted by: mountains ()
Date: April 16, 2009 09:20PM

It appears to be a recruitment drive on youtube for the jesuschristians and dave mckay.

In this video, he features eating at a table in their compund and in some earlier footage in an indian sewer.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 16, 2009 11:34PM

These music videos the Jesus Christians have introduced appear to be very similar to what the Family International is doing with their Prophet Bus series.

In the Prophet Bus series, there is no mention of Berg, no mention of the Family, no mention of any of the controversies that have followed this group for many years.

They quite deceptively make themselves appear to be a group of travelling Christian youth envangelists, telling college kids on Spring Break about Jesus. In reality, they are agents of one of the most damnable, destructive groups in American religious history.

The most alrming thing about the JC videos is that, as RR pointed out, McKay does, in one of them tacitly admit to being a "cult leader."

It's equally sad to see these kids being used by the Family, to seeing the JCs being used by McKay.

These are all from The Family International. These kids are probably all the children of WS personell.

[www.prophetbus.com]

[www.prophetbus.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 17, 2009 01:05AM

Dear Oerlikon,

It seems to me that many of the cults (that feature on Rick Ross) are really just so many "mutant" counterfeits that have been shamelessly imitated from much earlier swindles....(Hey....why even Satan must run out of imagination, at some point!!)

Hence Chris Hansard and Byron Katie (to my mind) are "rediscovering" the crooked paths of twisted "psychological conditioning" that the Scientologists first trod, Chris Butler is "reinventing" ISKON for his own self-worship, and David McKay is still faithfully revisiting the deceptive practises of the Children of God, after all these years, in the increasingly vain hope that he'll somehow YET, make it into the "big time"....("hundreds" of devoted followers, constant media attention, "brand" recognition and and a "stand-out" public profile)....

The "overbearing parent" pout is of course (ohh...YAWN!!) yet another attempt by David to pre-empt criticism of him by trying to undermine the legitimacy of claims made about him, by the family of those he has enslaved.....

I of course must agree with your earlier posting about his "obsession with enemies" being evidence of major paranoia....as I've said earlier, his increasingly demented behaviour, certainly makes me suspect that he would ultimately be entirely capable of a "Heavensgate" stunt (once he realizes that he is never going to be another "David Berg" in his own right!)....and I suspect that he could, if ever brought to court, be incarcerated as criminally insane.

The sickness within him, (the "bitter waters" that constantly gush out, tell us all we need to know about the state of their source) that prompts him to persistently want to denigrate, belittle and ridicule others who are not betoken to pandering to him....is a little more obvious now than I think he is quite aware of....(and mind you, looking like Rael's twin brother probably doesn't held his public image, either...!!)....consequently while I believe it is important to continue speaking out against his ethical and legal malpractice, in public at whatever forums may present themselves....watching him "perform" and try his best to "sell" membership of the JesusChristians...I can't help but think that in many ways he undermines himself with his own patently contrived antics!

Date: April 17, 2009 06:06AM

Dave McKay is an opportunist who lies consistently about his past, as part of a process of self-glorification. He is an arrogant, amoral egomaniac. Incapable of admitting his mistakes, he continually creates scapegoats. The pure motives of his followers are exploited to build a secret mountain of cash. McKay is an outright plagiarist, who cannot bear to acknowledge anyone else's originality. He has a supreme distrust of the motives of all of humanity, despite his bland generalizations about people's basic goodness. This goodness can only be revealed after an individual has begun to "obey the teachings of Jesus" per McKay's interpretation of those teachings and according to his own standards. Dave McKay is a paranoid, power hungry, petty sadist who parades his inadequacies through ever more frequent tantrums. Revelling in his disciples' adulation, he will spent his last years in seclusion, surrounded by sycophants, an angry and bitter, decrepit old man. He has an alarming ability to keep all the many compartments of his life and his past separate, even, so it seems, in his own mind. Nonetheless, such a complicated man cannot be confined in such tidy definitions. Although the facts form a comprehensive picture, perhaps we have only caught glimpses of the man behind the many masks that Dave McKay wears.

Date: April 18, 2009 01:06AM

Dear Oerlikon,

(Thank you for your recent contributions to this thread!) I strongly agree with you, although where you write that....

"... we have only caught glimpses of the man behind the many masks that Dave McKay wears"...I must confess that in my opinion the "masks" now ARE the man....there's no more substance to the man any more, than the various delusions of granduer that you now see him creating for himself....there was something human there once upon a time....however I really can't see a way back for him, out it all now....

Just as a matter of interest, in your experience, how long would you say that someone could spend in a situation of servitude to Mckay, before becoming a "lost cause" themselves.....the "long termers" in the JesusChristians are (IMO) just now so hopelessly "invested" in it all, that they basically would fall into the "battered wife syndrome" (...have learnt to tell themselves that the penniless David-worship that they live in, is somehow "worth it all" (i.e. by learning not to "wonder" they have adopted a pyschological coping strategy of avoidance), and that they thus no longer have the self-esteem to stand up for themselves and be seen to question the "apostle" for themselves in any meaningful sense of the word)...I would put the point of "no-return" at some 7 - 10 years....(it's difficult to think of many former members who were involved for that length of time and "lived" (to escape and then) to tell the tale...

I think that David frequently and deliberately employs the supposed snare of the Sapir-Whorfian Hypothesis (Individuals can not think "outside" of the linguistic concepts they are exposed to)...and part of the reasons behind the pitifully spiteful efforts at ridiculing others that he indulges in, is to "consolidate" membership by for example teaching those enslaved within the JC's that the word "cult" has no more meaning other than as an expression of prejudice (on the part of any speaker) towards the JC's ....he is thus sub-consciously "loading the language of non-thought" (as Linton put it) ....too many years of self-effacing compliance to that....and you'd be just another insecure "battered old wife" on a starvation diet of "warm fuzzies" from the one and only "Apostle of God"

Posted by: free of DM ()
Date: April 18, 2009 03:56AM

No one iz ever a lost cauz. Dave alwayz puts Ross down and treet im lik a los cauz coz Ross is human.

Dave bigs up Joe cauz he wants to get some dollar bills off Joe's family, so ders no way he kan risk Joe walking, fore dem dollars com in.
zo Dave inkurajez im 2 b a rappah der zingin crap bout kultz nd inzultz. He playin wid ya brain boy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.