Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 28, 2008 09:33AM

Egypt-Eira
Can I ask ... Zeusor, may you mave been a guest on theJK show?? If you wish to remain anonymous thats no prob ... if not, can you tell me details surrouning your involvement. Also, how was your experience on the show ... did Jk seem friendly or not?

Can I ask one more question ... does anyone here have ANYTHING to say positive about the JCS?

Yours with gratitude, EE

Yes, I was on the JK show and have never posted here anonymously. I am the guy who told DM that he's not Jesus. My name is Brian. I never met JK himself at all and only saw him on the set. I have described my introduction to and very limited involvement with the JCs on this board in the past, and really do not feel like describing all that all over again.

Pretty much all I have to say on that matter is here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Something positive to say about he JCs? At least they are encouraging people to pick up their Bibles.

1Cr 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2008 09:38AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blacksheep ()
Date: May 28, 2008 11:00AM

Egypt,

I used to log in as Tofferer on the JC site. I almost got sucked into the JCs. It wasn't until I decided I needed a break from the JC forum to think things through for theological reasons that I found out what was happening. The moment I challenged thier theology and hermaneutical principles (I use the historical critical/historical literal method, the JC mostly seem to use the allegorical method), I found myself being considered more or less a "blacksheep", hence my choice of user name. I still look at the JC site, I just don't log in due to numerous failures to do so since my "Taking a Break". The JCs tend towards denying or at least minimizing generally accepted Christian truths. These include baptism and the trinity (of course you also have Lisa who denies creationism, but I will leave that for now). Admittedly I reject the teachings of Tim LaHaye regarding "End Times", favoring instead what is written in the Book Of Concord, which I seriously doubt Dave or anyone else in the JCs has ever read. I imagine if they did, they would hopefully feel compelled to either leave or implement some serious reforms, though I doubt either is likely.

Please do yourself a favor and read at least the Augburg Confession (public domain, freely available on the internet) and see how it compares with the teaching of the JCs. You may find yourself reconsidering joining them.

CLR
A.Th.

Posted by: Egypt-Eira ()
Date: May 28, 2008 03:54PM

Hi ZEUSOR ...

just a short one this morning ... kids going wild here!!

Firstly thanks for your post ... short and to the point. I dont want to dredge up anything painful ... and Dave has said you were in the army ... I have a friend in the army and understand that you must have to cope with presures that most of us have no idea about.

Dave has actually been making some great points about you overe on teh JCS forum ...

xxxTo his credit, he has several times apologised for things he has said.

Thats a hard thing for many people to do ... and shows good character

xxxHe also uses his real name

Im Samuel by the way!!

xxxand has the courage to post over here (as "Dude"),

And you are introduced to me as a man of courage.

So, hope we can develop a healthy and challenging forum relationship as we debate on thsi site ...

BEST WISHES, Egypt (Samuel)

Date: May 29, 2008 01:29AM

Egypt-Eira
So, hope we can develop a healthy and challenging forum relationship as we debate on thsi site ...

BEST WISHES, Egypt (Samuel)

Friend, meaning no disrespect, but I am not going to debate anything with anybody here.

I am here to present information (and a little analysis) and encourage you strongly to re-examine your involvement with the JCs.

My advice to you is to have nothing further to do with DM.

Do not walk away from David McKay, RUN.

That is all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 01:45AM by zeuszor.

Date: May 29, 2008 02:35AM

Hi. I was reading through your older posts EE, and found this from you:

so much food for thought. Its all flooding out now .... so once again, I shall investigate all that is said eventually ...

Eventually?
It seems to me sir that you ought to do some research and investigation and then come to the table. As it is, you seem to be coming here looking for a debate, and then when some evidence is presented to you, you say, "Well, I'll look into it someday..." Come on, man. Are you coming here looking to find the truth of the matter, or not? Believe us or don't, but let's not go in circles here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 02:35AM by zeuszor.

Date: May 29, 2008 03:42AM

FOR ZEUSOR

xxxFriend, meaning no disrespect, but I am not going to debate
xxxanything with anybody here.

No problem ... will not seek any debate or discussion with yourself again. Thanks for posts.

Best wishes, EE

PS On the front page of the RR forum we can read that the message board is 'A place for former members, those concerned and researchers to network, debate, discuss topics of interest, comment on breaking news and exchange ideas.'

Date: May 29, 2008 05:40AM

I am happy to discuss this matter of DM with you, but am not interested in "debating" per se. I have gone down that road in the past with others here and (I hope) have learned from my mistakes.

I do not want to argue with anybody and believe that I have made my position with regard to DM and his organization clear in previous posts.

Please consider the fact that I have done more research and investigation on DM and his organization than anyone else that I know of living on the N. American continent.

I have more than done my homework on this group. That's a fact.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to ask me, friend?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 05:53AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: free of DM ()
Date: May 29, 2008 09:07AM

4 ee oo as eers......

[uk.youtube.com]

Neva nu dey go EGYPT r iz dat wer dey met dis Egyt dude ?

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: May 29, 2008 12:53PM

EE publicly backstabbing his wife: SOURCE: [welikejesus.com]
I think its fair to say that Im a dominated husband ... my wife is the boss in this house. Already through these teachings I am finding a little strength to stand up for myself on several matters. She is a spiritual soul though, and is being affected as I tell her about the teachings of Jesus, and how they are different to how we assume ...

EE, with all respect, do you really think it is appropriate to tell the world that your wife is the "boss" of your house, and you are a "dominated husband". Have you given any consideration as to how this proclamation about her to virrtual strangers will impact on her? Has she seen what you are writing about her? Are you now thinking that you should be the "boss"?

I realise this post may challenge you some, but you doing what you have done to another person irks me, especially when you come here claiming we are all too negative about the JC's. How come you can be so negative about your wife to strangers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 12:59PM by apostate.

Date: May 29, 2008 03:46PM

FOR APOSTATE

xxxEE publicly backstabbing his wife:

Feel thats more than a little harsh ...

xxxEE, with all respect, do you really think it is appropriate to tell the
xxxworld that your wife is the "boss" of your house, and you are
xxxa "dominated husband".

Probably not ... I am very new to forums and tend to write in a stream of conciousnous style... never reviewing what I have written. Funnily enough my wife has read yuor post this morning and had a good laugh!! She says I should be more careful too!! (She is now teaching me about forum etiquiette and the possible consequences of my outpourings. I tend to assume that everyone out there is a nice person, you see ... perhaps I am more than a little naive in this respect)

xxxHas she seen what you are writing about her?

Yes, and she warns me not to divulge too personal information to strangers ...

xxxAre you now thinking that you should be the "boss"?

Not at all :-)

xxxI realise this post may challenge you some, but you doing what you
xxxhave done to another person irks me,

Sorry to have irked you apostate,Ill consider my knuckles well rapped thsi morning :-)

xxxespecially when you come here claiming we are all too negative
xxxabout the JC's.

Havent claimed this ... can you show me where I did??

God is Love, EE

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.