Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: barbiedoll ()
Date: April 17, 2008 02:14AM

Another one that was going around was that Grace has decided that she is going to live with a family friend and not with her team, even though she says she is still part of the team she is going to "find some independence" and "work through a few things".... it is all very interesting..

but more than that is is chilling and very scary. For those who have left will need all the support they can get from Friends and family, dont leave them on thier own, wrap them up in your arms and tell them how much you really love them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: April 17, 2008 02:18AM

Grace too, huh?

Thanks for telling us of these things.

It makes me happy to know that DM's world is slowly but surely falling apart.

If you have any contact info for any of these folks, please email it to me, OK?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2008 02:19AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: April 17, 2008 05:03PM

There might be something in what you guys are saying. There is a link on the JC web site to an article featuring Ash and Alf. But there is no mention of the Jesus Christians, only Freeganism, a widely supported environmental movement.

[www.itv.com]

It is interesting that when Alf says how he spends his time, there is no mention of standing for hours trying to make a target on handing out tracts for the Jesus Christians:

"The time Alf saves in not working and recycling wastage he pays forward by volunteering and sharing his time and skills with other people. In terms of Alf's skills, he does everything from gardening, collecting people's shopping, and litter picking."

No mention of kidney doneys either....

Maybe they are being gracious, and just slowly changing the emphasis of their ministry to move away from Dave's influence?

Funny that they should do this article without giving due credit to Dave? But then again, Dave probably has an explaination. Probably the reporter's oversight.

Date: April 17, 2008 09:24PM

You ARE very impressive with your depth of knowlege, here...Barbie Doll! As you have just commented, the disorientation people experience when they step out of the JesusChristians (even where these are very tentative steps) is a traumatic period for those brave enough to be able to do so...all the love and support that can be offered at this time, NEEDS to be offered....however those that have left would have to able to feel comfortable, receiving that support.....

What I found most difficult, when I eventually found myself outside the JesusChristians was not being able to discuss a single thing that really mattered, with any other soul, in the world. The "past" totality of my life was just so seemingly beyond the comprehension of anyone I might meet that I had to keep all my real feelings locked up inside me (I particularly loathed the idea of being "treated" to find out what might have been "wrong" with me and the thought of professional counselling in any way was anathema.) No-one else external to the JesusChristians could understand why anyone would make the sacrifices that you do to join the JesusChristians or appreciate the ideals you sought to champion, by disciplining yourself to go through with those sacrifices....consequently you become paranoid about "losing your faith" to those surrounding you who can't see beyond the "system" they are blindly part of....It takes a l-o-n-g time to be able to relax with yourself again....or so was my experience!

Date: April 18, 2008 12:13AM

Barbiedoll, David is over there in his domain saying that you have made all of this up, invented those emails you posted, and are mentally ill with multiple personalities. He puts everything you wrote under scrutiny.

[welikejesus.com]

What else is new though? Everybody who questions or opposes him he dismisses as having mental problems. Dogmother, Mal, me, various and sundry others, and now you. DM has labelled and castigated us all. That's not new and I saw it coming. Everybody's crazy except for David.

I have done my best to stay cool in dealing directly with him over here.

What is your reponse to this, barbiedoll? There's something fishy going on here. Somebody is lying, and DM has more to hide than do you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2008 12:15AM by zeuszor.

Date: April 18, 2008 01:45AM

Its a joke really Zeusor, the whole of me "making it up" what is it i have to gain??? I dont even know how to make up the emails sent to me, you know what you sent Dave and the rest of you so come out and own up to what you said. Dont try and discredit me because you cant handle the fact that you have wronged anyone.

To be honest with you i will decline to look at the link you have posted, i refuse to even look at what that man says about me. But if its proof you need then i have kept every single email ever sent to me by the Jesus Christians, i also have a conversation that Dave and I had over yahoo messanger that shows the person he truely is, a lying manipulator.

So go ahead Dave write what you like about me but just know that people will see through your lies. Also know that i will never ever be reading any of what you say, i have put the jesus christan website on my blocked websites so i cant even if you tempted me to. You are a very crual man Dave Mckay and you will be found out. If not by all of your members who you have got to stick up for you but by everyone else. There is a reason there are only a tiny handful of YOUR followers in the world. But we dont need to get into that do we.

Oh and to put the question of my "mental health" to rest, i have depression and that is from being fuc*ked (please excuse my language there) about with as a child, I have post traumatic stress from the years of abuse. This does not mean i am mentally unstable. You can say what you like to be honest with i could not give a flying fish! I know what you are Dave and slowly others are seeing it too...... of course i mean the other personalaties i have see it!!!! what are thier names......???? i just cant remember all of them!

Posted by: Gladitzover ()
Date: April 18, 2008 01:57AM

Barbie,
I'm sorry that you have to go through all this. Many of the people on this site know first hand what it's like to be the victim of Dave's spin. I think you are doing the right thing by ignoring it as much as you can. There is no "winning" with Dave. He has nothing else to do but argue all day long. He eventually wears people down. Who else can spend so many hours bickering???? Certainly not the rank and file members of the JC's...they have quotas to meet! He also has no ethics when it comes to lying about people. So, my advice is... get on with your life and just pray for the liberation of all the wonderful people still held under his sway.

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: April 18, 2008 03:30AM

On January 13, 2008 I wrote this on the site:

"One of the things I have found interesting in looking at the Jesus Christians is how Dave manages to describe Brian as mentally unstable in an attempt to dismiss him as a critic. Yet what would have happened if he had gone through the trial week? If he had joined, are we to assume his OCD wouldn't have been an issue? I just raise the subject, because when you go through the existing members profiles you see a lot of descriptions of depression, previous drug taking, etc. Even prospective members seem to want to highlight their psychological "issues" openly on the web and yet they are accepted into the fold.

What happens if these people leave and become critics. Will Dave then simply dismiss them as mentally unstable? I think it something existing members need to think about."

It appears now that we have a situation along the lines I predicted.

A person who's admission of a mental health issues was not a deterrent to her being accepted as a member of the Jesus Christians. However, now that she has left, it is being used against her.

Date: April 18, 2008 05:38AM

Barbiedoll, thank you. You have much courage to be posting this material. You are stronger than you might think.

Also, I never meant to upset you. I believed you to begin with but knew that something was amiss.

I can relate to your emotional state, as I have dealt with depression, PTSD, and OCD for years, and was abused as a child also (more emotional and mental than physical). Depression can be disabling, I know. Believe me, I can relate.

The JCs freaked me out to the point of panic when I met them as a group. I'll never forget it. Just being around them as a group was traumatizing and I have carried that encounter around for years.

DM is in my eyes the very incarnation of evil and even a passing encounter with him can be injurious. To be hurtful and cruel is his nature. Please join us in our effort to stop him.

You have my present contact info. Write or call me anytime if I can help you in any way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2008 06:01AM by zeuszor.

Date: April 18, 2008 04:35PM

Thank you for your support, you did in no way offend me zeuszor. It was for the benefit of Dave that i pointed out that i would not be reading his lies.

I am mearly publishing the truth.

I have so much information about the JC's in the emails that i have recieved, but i am actually quite scared that he might do something terrible if i disclose any more, but just know that what i write on the forum is straight from the horses mouth.

I think it is very interesting that he uses mental health issues to entice people into his "gang" but if someone questions him he then turns it around and attacks them. I know that a lot of people in the Jesus Christians actually have suffered from some kind of trauma in thier life. That is what attracts them to the group. A community of people showing love to thier prospective recruits. When someone has been hurt all they want is love, and Dave knows this, this is why it works so well. But like Private eyes said he uses peoples vulnerability as a weapon against them.

Take me for example, i was welcomed in with open arms and showed (false) love, I disclosed to a member in the group all the trauma i had suffered in an email. This information was then forwarded to dave and he used that to say that i am crazy. Its a joke, really, i would be rolling on the floor pissing my self if it was not so sad. And what is even sadder is the fact that the people i trusted and got to know have not said a word about this, they have not "stuck up for me" nor have they revealed the truth, they stand back and let Dave spin his deception.

Come on guys, you know who you are get some bloody back bone would you!

IMO Dave Mckay is the one who is truely crazy!

So in answer to your question zeuszor, i will write the truth, nothing but the truth, and if that stops people like me getting hurt by this man and his little tiny group then so beit. I am not on a crusade i just want people to hear what is really going on. I would feel very guilty if i did not come out and talk about what i have learnt. This man uses young people and its wrong.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.