Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: April 12, 2008 01:03PM

TOFFERER WRITES:

Technically, I am still on break. I did bother with RR this evening though, hence my only reason for posting. As I figured, they are having a field day with this. Also, it seems that there is now a third thread there regarding the JCs. Any rate, I will likely only look in here and RR when time permits. I doubt that I will post much, if at all, until after May 3. I am looking into attending a gathering in Moses Lake. Looks really exciting. My pastor encouraged me to consider attending. Any rate, I am hanging out in Theologia Crucis discussing Bible variants, baptism, and of the ever popular ongoing debate we Lutherans have about female pastors. Such is life.

[welikejesus.com]

Good for you Chris. I hope that you have a good time.

Have you asked your pastor for counsel and advice with respect to your involvement with the JCs? IMO you ought to.

Anyway, we hope to hear from you later on.

B

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 13, 2008 03:53AM

Hey everyone, we have not heard from nor anything about Ash in a while.

How is he doing after his surgery? Recovering nicely I hope?

How is Sandi Sabloff doing?

Does anybody know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2008 03:54AM by zeuszor.

Date: April 13, 2008 01:27PM

No, I'm NOT having a "field day" Tofferer.....if I'm only noting that it's very encouraging to see that you are in fact capable of independent decisions (by being able to choose whether or not to contribute to the JC site!).....I also supportively offered you some small "tips" in relation to defending Creationist thought (which I note that you failed to proffer, presumably because you are less well read in the subject) on the JC feral thread on this forum....something I do not usually go out of my way to do, given that the issue is hardly central to the primary goal of stripping the mask off McKay, (and several notable contributors on this thread, are of other persuasions altogether.....!!)

I'm having a "field day" by responding favourably to you????

Please go outside to the garage, open the car bonnet and using the jumper leads, connect the bolts in your neck to the car battery....(...then sit down in the front seat, start the car up and "rev" the engine several times, by flooring the accelerator...)......power is obviously running dangerously low!!

Date: April 15, 2008 03:22AM

Well, the old man banned me from his club again.

Gee, David, I only wanted to know about how Ash and Sandi are doing.

I never said that you are my friend.

Date: April 15, 2008 09:45AM

Hmm...the "banning" just seems to go arbitrarily "on" and "off", forever and a day, doesn't it?......I'd say that he really "wants" you.....and that the "off" is just a tease to better keep you....

Date: April 15, 2008 10:07AM

Some song, different verse.

David has more games than Milton Bradley, doesn't he?

At least he gave me a straight answer to my question about Sandi and Ash.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2008 10:09AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: barbiedoll ()
Date: April 16, 2008 12:58AM

Hi all, i thought i would write a bit about my time with this group. I am free now and very glad to be. It left me damaged and in pain. But now i can move on with my life.

I got interested in them when i had nothing to do and was bored, the internet became my friend, they seemed like really honest genuine people that really loved people. But what actually was going on was not love at all it was a competition to get as many books out rather than show love to the lost. Even if someone was struggling it did not matter at all they HAD to get as many books out. On quite a few occasions i witnessed one of the members crying because she was not getting her books out. On another occasion i saw a father choose getting books out over his own son. He did not care about the needs of his child he only cared about 'witnessing'. It did not matter that his son is crying out for love and attention. His mother was encouraged by her husband to "ignore" her son and carry on with her 'job'. The poor kid. All he wants is his fathers attention yet he is deprived of it and told to stop playing and get to work.

What i went through with my time with them was not all bad though, dont get me wrong some of the stuff they teach is great, but most of the teachings dont even use bible verses, they are the thoughts of a horrible, angry little man in Australia sat in front of his computer all day searching the internet to see if there is anything written on there about him and then talking about it on his little forum where people come to worship thier great leader. They suck up to him (i know i did the same) so that they can get his approval and they never want to say anything that might upset him, because if they do they recieve his sharp little toung tha tis like a viper hitting its prey. So they remain all loving to him and go with whatever he says. If you write something on his forum he does not like then he will email you and tell you that you should not write that, and that you need to sort your spirit out with God.

So many other things that i could just talk about for hours, but my fingers hurt now so i wont.

The reason i am sharing now, so long after leaving is because i hope that my experinces with this group will help someone else to see them for what they truely are. What is that i hear you say... a small group of people, some say a cult, that just follow the teachings of one man, they say it is Jesus Chrit ......but really...... it is Dave Mckay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2008 01:04AM by barbiedoll.

Posted by: Dogmother ()
Date: April 16, 2008 01:27AM

barbiedoll, thank you so much for your post today. You are very brave and as you say, you may prevent someone else from joining.

Yes, the JCs have some good messages--like for example about waste--but nothing new and special that caring people all over the world are not and have not implemented for many years.

Dave always seems behind the times and his thinking mired in self-adoration, to say the least.

Your account about the father-son-mother relationship is chilling and sadly confirms what we know about this family.

Posted by: barbiedoll ()
Date: April 16, 2008 05:21AM

It is chilling, the father-son-mother thing, I actually felt the pain of both mother and son in the family. I could see in both thier eyes that they both wanted more. I know that the mother would tell the rest of the world that she loves what she does, but when i saw her and her son together, in private when no-one was around watching them, i could see the love between them and how much i could see her pain that her son was calling out. Of course this is all IMO. It may not be true at all, she might be as cold as the father but from what i saw that is not true. I hope and pray that the mother and son will get more times together and not think of anything else except thier relationship, and that they enjoy one another for who they are. Children should never be deprived of anything and love is the main one, it is easy to say "I love you" but showing it is another thing entirly.

Date: April 16, 2008 07:47AM

Denial (of the situation they progressively find themselves in), Repression (of their feelings) and Rationalizations (making references to "good" reasons that are NOT the real reasons) that are "lovingly" supplied by (Projecting and Labelling) David in order to "strengthen" their faiths and manipulatively instill guilt in those who question it all (....after all, if you fall "by the wayside" it can only be due to your own personal inadequacy, can't it)....and behind it all, the hidden depression "intellectualized" away, as far as possible....

... the formula has been the same now for many a year.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.