Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 18, 2010 07:55PM

Ohhh yeah!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 18, 2010 07:55PM

Davejc was obviously greatly taken with the unusual dynamic that he saw at work in the COG, of which the 'flirty fishing'--using the natural sexual interest present in every human as a means to ensnare--was but one manifestation.

From my perspective, horrible as the notion of 'flirty fishing' is, the emphasis has to be on the 'using.'

To speculate, what attracted Davejc to the COG, to the point that he kept their publications in a leatherbound volume in a hidden stash (we only put things we value greatly and are afraid of losing in a hidden stash) was the whole new dynamic of power that he saw being used to great effect in the COG, flirty fishing included.

I think that Davejc had a lightbulb moment and realised that he could study what was being played out in front of his eyes by the COG and subsequently use what he learned to his own advantage.

Of course he would need a few practice runs, and some handy nearby persons to practice on (he already had a family, how much handier can you get?)

The rest is history, expand the notion of family to any sympathetic and sincere outsiders who can be manipulated into taking the word of Davejc as some kind of 'lofty higher truth' and not the reality which is 'whatever best suits the interests of Davejc at the time' and Davejc has his power base on which to build a very satisfactory, if insular and unreal, life for himself.

Of course those whose own lives, and kidneys, are spent in service to supply the life that Davejc deems satisfactory to himself and his ego--don't get a look in. Their own available power to build satisfactory lives for themselves is already fully subordinated to the needs of Davejc---the only person in the expanded family who is allowed to have any normal needs.

It is a neat set-up for Davejc. I think that is what Davejc saw in the COG and what first piqued his interest, not the flirty fishing as such, but what he could use the notion of flirty fishing, and similar manipulations of natural human desires for----looking after Number One.
The 'collateral damage', to use a vile weasel term, didn't even figure in the equation.

Davejc is actually terrified of the challenges of life, the struggles that most people go through to establish a reasonably concrete identity and a meaningful personal life for themselves. Davejc's choices of always taking the sneaky, underhand way have worked against him in the long run. He is now trapped in the only behaviour that he knows. This makes him weaker the longer it continues as he can see no alternatives but more of the same.

This is not a plea for pity for poor Davejc, he has made his own bed of nails and should be left to lie on it.

Date: December 18, 2010 08:00PM

Oh come on Stoic! Don't tell me you haven't got a secret stash (maybe not bound in leather) which you might just share with a close male friend in a moment of intimate male bondo? Hehehe!

Date: December 18, 2010 08:11PM

Of course those whose own lives, and kidneys, are spent in service to supply the life that Davejc deems satisfactory to himself and his ego--don't get a look in. Their own available power to build satisfactory lives for themselves is already fully subordinated to the needs of Davejc---the only person in the expanded family who is allowed to have any normal needs.

I agree.

Date: December 18, 2010 08:13PM

Just as a matter of interest, Stoic, who began calling Dave Davejc? Was it yourself or Sisi? You know, the one you outed as Styxx.....?

Date: December 18, 2010 08:15PM

Well, no actually. My peripatetic lifestyle from an early age doesn't really make secret stashes of anything practical. My secret stashes are all between my ears, such a jumble in there, and when thats gone, its all gone.

The 'Mo letters' make quite eye-opening reading, and I have only glossed them so far.
Gives a whole new meaning to Jesus's "I am a fisher of men"--at least the J man didn't confuse a passing sexual attraction with the building of a thinking brain.

Powerful stuff, nevertheless. Perhaps I will revise the extent to which I think the letters influenced Davejc, I still see him as motivated mainly by fear and a consequent lust for power in order to cover that fear--not by any strictly sexual motive.

Date: December 18, 2010 08:24PM

There's a heap of them in the link I provided, and I haven't even gotten up to when he started on children....that's irrelevant to this thread, because Dave had left him by then.....

Date: December 18, 2010 08:29PM

who began calling Dave Davejc?

I picked the usage up from reading on the xJC site, from whom I don't know. It fits for me as a suitable identifier.
I began reading on the xJC site after a run-in here with dsm, and she subsequently fled there. I found her weird world view quite interesting and, for a very short time, fascinating.

the one you outed as Styxx.....?

I think, if you look back at the text, that Sisi outed him/herself. Unlike Davejc, I don't pretend to know what is going on in other peoples heads, or, apart from the normal swapping of personal experience that happens in mutual conversation, do I attempt to unduly influence another.
I like this big messy world with billions of individual viewpoints, who could be bored with such material freely available?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 08:31PM by Stoic.

Date: December 18, 2010 08:47PM

I like your attitude, Stoic.

So what we have established this evening (Melbourne time) is that Davejc came to Australia, and had meet-ups with COG people in Queenbeyan. He then went to Broken Hill. In late 1976 he was placing advertisements for the COG in his own local paper. He had a secret stash of Mo letters hidden in a leather binder.

Mo (David Berg) put out the missive regarding Flirty Fishing on Jan 3rd 1974. Now Dave was still placing advertisements for COG in his paper in late 1976.

So that gives two full years unaccounted for in Dave's account of his work and servitude to David Berg and the Children of God. What does it take two years to work out?

Date: December 18, 2010 09:04PM

I have also had reports that he really used to upset ex COG members as he basically downplayed reports of sexual activity and paedophilia in the COG as he said (if the reports were true) there would have been more charges arising.

I can't confirm this, but will endeavour to do so shortly......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.