Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Date: July 08, 2010 05:36PM

Sometimes it is difficult to feel love for someone because of the way they are acting. If it isn't knowingly making people suffer so that you can benefit financially, or any number of other (heinous) crimes, then it is the slight annoyances that occur in the midst of our everyday lives. A bit of rudeness here, some inconsideration there, and before you know it your love for people is getting a little on the chilly side.

[www.jesuschristians.com]

Thank you Bob, for identifying exactly why it is that my love for David is a "little on the chilly side"....Yes THAT'S IT!

David knowingly makes people suffer for his own gain as well as committing a number of other henious crimes!

It's all so obvious now! (Thank you Bob!!)

A new recruit (dear little Trevor) would seem to represent some $6,500 in direct fundraising for David over the course of a year (and here I reference Reinehardts claim of US$125/week "lost income" made in the course of the vexatious court claims against the Johnsons (that GROSSLY overstated the inujuries suffered) that the JesusChristians entered into)......

....of course should Trevor eventually "donate" a kidney, that would represent several further tens of thousands of dollars in "cost reimbursement" claims that his organization would make on the recipient.....It is difficult to calculate the value of goods and chattels donated (at the time one "forsakes all") as that will vary between individuals....however I would still suspect hundreds if not thousands of dollars for McKay Inc. through it all!

Over the course of his "internment", (some 30 years and counting now) Ross, for example, would have been worth many hundreds of thousand of dollars in donated time and service to McKay. On current Australian figures,

The federal minimum wage is currently $15.00 per hour or $569.90 per 38 hour week (before tax). If you are covered by a pay scale, it will contain the relevant minimum wage rates.[www.fairwork.gov.au]

Ross would be worth AUD$29,634.80 per year.....multiplied then by 30...AUD$889,044, over the course of his career as one of Davids' "newsboys".

Naturally we would need to deduct the (shared) board, meals(so much bin raided refuse?) and other "payments in kind" (He at least owns his own under wear, if not a thread else, in the JC's??) that Ross has received in order to arrive at a "fair" figure that costs the years that David has taken advantage of him....but I dare say the figures would not seriously reduce the approximately AUD $890,000 figure postulated here....

I wonder what David could make for himself out of Trevor...down the years to come!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: July 08, 2010 08:32PM

I would have to agree with you here, Malcolm. The payment of "all that you own", plus the value of wages, minus the cost of keep would certainly add mega dollars to Dave McKay Inc.

Not to mention the loss of Superannuation payments, and of opportunities discarded in favour of handing out that trite book "Survivors" (with its cheap Indian printing and binding) on the streets....and meeting daily sales targets...

And then there is the cost to one's health. The pressure to donate a kidney to the Dave McKay Kidney Book of Records. For somebody, around about now, the odds are that this will be the greatest cost of all.

You do well, Malcolm, to point out that Trevor is in a slightly disoriented situation, having left his family to travel alone. What a candidate! Someone who has cut his ties, and is ready to cast off into a new adventure. Perfect target! Bring on the love-bombs!

Trevor would do well to look at what previous ex-members who joined in exactly his situation have to say. People like Malcolm, and Apostate. They have documented it all, including chilling descriptions of "Third Stage Grievance Meetings" - I am so glad I have never had to go through that!

Date: July 09, 2010 12:58AM

Dear Blackhat,

Thank you for your observations....I see that your own wit and perception has remained as keen, in a recent brief foray into the xjc site.

May I ask what you think of the proposal that "TREVORSMOTHER" is in fact simply McKay....(I haven't looked over the youtube postings myself yet).

...Here of course "fortuitously" coinciding with recent communication between members of the Johnson family that David may not have cared for?

Date: July 09, 2010 01:42AM

In some sad, yet poignantly funny ways....this little number...reminds me of times past, the comradeship of shared poverty and the isolation from anyone of the opposite sex, that our commitment to the "cause" demanded of us...spent in the JesusChristians....

I suspect it would ring "true" with a lot of current members.....

[www.youtube.com]

....and hey.....you HAVE to love the costumes, here!!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 09, 2010 04:21AM

To whom it may concern:

dsm has been banned from this message board.

Date: July 09, 2010 11:43AM

Perhaps of no great world shattering significance, however I did wonder why Rheinehardt didnt' rate a mention here......in the latest newsletter....

David of course, endeavouring to make his newsletters more "sociable" and less "pretentious" in the eyes of the general public, with these little snippets of humanity...

World Cup

Because the English teaching program in Kenya is on hold at the moment, there has been more time for the Kenya team (especially Karl) to visit the local "cinema" (a TV in a hut) to watch soccer games from the World Cup in South Africa. Locals were very disappointed to see Ghana eliminated as the last African team in the competition.

Over in Australia, Fran in particular stayed up much of the night to see Argentina bundled out of the competition by Germany, 4-0. Now that our favorites have been eliminated, maybe we can get some other tasks done!

I would have imagined though that Rheinehardt kept up to date with his own countries progress...and Fran's "loss" being Rheinehardts "gain".....

(....a classy later game that, between Germany and Spain I thought, by the way)........Rheinehardt is "out of the loop" at the moment?

David, AGAIN, playing "favourites" here?.....(you need to be forever "proving" your worth to him, you can never be assured that you won't fall "out of favour" otherwise)....

......an old manipulative tactic common in many cults...kudos with the leader is the only "currency" that you may actually hold and count yourself wealthy, with!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 11, 2010 10:21AM

To whom it may concern:

jason25 has been banned from this message board.

Again, personal attacks directed at members of this board are against the rules, and dsm is not the topic of this thread.

This thread is about the Dave McKay group called "Jesus Christians."

Please stay on topic.

Date: July 11, 2010 01:37PM

I find "Alfreds' " posting (...he has here, simply repeated the prevarication of fables that David McKay said to me, to defend himself directly more than 30 years ago!....Alfred really being absolutely uninformed, and self righteously imagining to himself that those who proceded him in the JC's and then subsequently left, were not privy to the "insights" he has to offer ) in defence of the JesusChristians....

.....both simplistic and in many ways deliberately misleading...

Something we Jesus Christians encounter with unusual frequency is the tendency for some of our fiercest opponents to condemn us for things we haven't done, or for bad motives we haven't had. Amongst other things, we have been accused of being a "sex cult", of being "control freaks", and of being a "rip-off scam", aimed at stealing people's money! While none of us are impervious to being lustful, controlling, or greedy, one benefit of being on the receiving end of such accusations is that we have first-hand knowledge that they are either gross distortions, or total fabrications. You'd be hard pressed to find another Christian community with higher standards about chastity, democracy, and frugality than ours. In light of this, we can be more confident that the people doing the judging in these instances may have issues with being lustful, being a control freak, or being greedy, themselves. However, rather than facing up to their own faults, they have chosen to project their faults onto us, which usually says far more about them than it does about us.

[www.jesuschristians.com]

"sex cult"

The JC WOULD have become a "sex cult" exactly like the COG's were Cherry not to have refused to have herself and her children prostituted, and David, at the time, of course desperate to justify becoming a "Shepherd" of his own authority...and for this purpose urgently needing whatever "disciples" he could find(as everyone else in the COG's at the time completely saw through him and were completely disinterested in "following" him)....forced to comply.....

Alfred being utterly ignorant of the sordid past of the owner of the boot he licks.....(..and of course he now WANTS to remain ignorant of it!)...makes Alfred UNQUALIFIED to "bear witness".... the fact that the JC's ultimately did not become a "sex cult" is no way credible to McKay

"control freaks"

One might wonder why the only JesusChristians NOT to "voluntarily" donate a kidney are those whose age would lead to "bad press" for the JC's or those who are directly related to David McKay (i.e. his daughter and his wife) and hence have the standing of "royalty"..."Control may be exerted by McKay and his associated "freaks" simply by the award of "kudos"....to those who comply in a little universe where no-one has any guarantee that they won't be thrown "out on the streets" the next moment!

The Organ donation profile of the JC's (100% of those in a position to donate, in fact do so) clearly indicates the subtle coercion that is STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE in McKays cult.....

"rip-off scam"

The JesusChristians ARE a "rip-off scam" that (AS HAS POINTED OUT MANY TIMES PRIOR TO ALFRED AUTHORING THIS ARTICLE) do not have any public auditing of the money that they draw in or financial transparency. There are no proprietary rights granted to those who commit everything they have and years of unpaid labour to the JesusChristians in unconscionable "contracts" of involuntary servitude. No-one holds bank accounts in their own name UNLESS they are the trusted cronies of McKay. No-one is free to choose not to distribute the puke McKay writes. There are no secret ballots thus enabling McKay and his cronies to readily identify those who fail to support him on demand.

The JesusChristisans willfully DISOBEY the scripture in Acts 2:44-5 that everything be held "IN COMMON" (the JesusChristians were at one time (and still are?) registered under the Australian Company Act under McKays name...)

ALFRED FAILS TO BACK UP HIS DEFENCE OF HIS CULT

WITH ONE SPECIFIC EXAMPLE OF COMPLIANCE

TO PROCEDURAL JUSTICE ON THE PART OF THE JESUS CHRISTIANS....

I NAME IN DETAIL, MORE THAN HALF A DOZEN!

ALFRED CHOOSES TO DISINGENUOUSLY SPEAK IN GENERALIZATIONS,

NONE OF WHICH ARE RELEVANT TO THE SPECIFIC ACCUSATIONS AGAINST HIS CULT

..."gross distortion"...."total fabrication"....

The balance of the evidence (I have specifically enumerated a number of issues) clearly supports McKays critics....

and Alfred's "projections" here (in language largely copied pat from my own earlier postings.....McKay being too stupid too to have any original thoughts or even language of his own!) do not constitute "evidence" defending him.....

.....it is simply an psychologically manipulative "escalation" strategy...the likes of which David routinely employs!

The strategies and structures of the lies that Albert here (..."yawn"...) repeats DECADES later, "evidence" of outright dishonesty in themselves.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 01:52PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: July 11, 2010 07:15PM

It is interesting to see littlerose aka dsm going over old postings, and trying to work things out in her own way of seeing things.

It is interesting to see her try to work out why I pointed out that Oerlikon is a gun weapon, and that whipping people has SM connotations. Maybe if she reads all the threads over the last years, she will come to understand the issues.

In the meantime, I am glad to see that she is bothering Dave, and not us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 07:45PM by Blackhat.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 11, 2010 08:53PM

I am also glad that she is bothering Dave, though I haven't the first idea about him.
How the story is constantly morphing is interesting, a great loss to thriller writing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.