Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: January 13, 2008 05:57PM

The Jesus Christians is founded on two factors which came together when David McKay was failing as a news reporter.

1. He had a past with the Children of God, got away from them on a pretext of promoting them in an outpost, and had all of David Berg's teachings at his disposal.

2. He decided it would be more advantageous to "make the news" instead of writing it.

He combined what he had learnt from the Children of God with an idea that if you could get into the media, you were succeeding at something. Any press was good press. This became his measure of success.

Media attention became the purpose, even to creating several Kidnapping Scandals, a Kidney Cult and Public Whippings. To back him up, he didn't have to worry about producing any substance. He had something behind him which he knew would serve his purpose. David Berg's writings. So he didn't have to worry about producing anything, he could concentrate on thinking up things to get media attention!

Now the Quakers have done their thing, and David is threatening that they have created two angry media-savvy people in himself and Cherry. Go for it David, that's really what you have always been about anway. Not the people, the families, the genuine causes. It's all been about you finally being successful at something, no matter the cost.

Go get your media show. Every tyrant deserves his public lynching!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2008 06:09PM by Blackhat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: January 13, 2008 08:57PM

Blackhat Quote:

"DM has posted what he purports to be an email to Sheila from a company in Kenya, back in May '07. Assuming it is genuine, could it be that one of her own family unwittingly fed information to Joe/David, perhaps on some kind of promise to have contact with Joe? Who else would have access to her emails?

What mother wouldn't try to find her son? "

Lloydspi Kenya is a legitimate private investigation agency in Kenya. It's services include, private investigations, security and debt collecting as well as cash in transit protection. All normal business activities used by individuals and corporations throughout the world.

Agencies conducting these services are normally licensed by the Police.

Looking at their website. Edward the Operations Manager appears to be a lawyer. But I guess is sounds better for Dave to describe him as a thug, whilst adding, debt collector in the same sentence.

The question of where Dave obtains his information is always interesting. As he often appears keen to want to criticise every Tom, Dick and Harry for trying to obtain information about him.

But what I think is more disturbing, is that parents are forced to hire investigators to obtain basic information about the welfare of their children. This is then thrown back in their face to suggest they are the ones who don't care about their children or are doing the wrong thing.

The linking of an email from May 2007 to events that have only just occured, is tabloid journalism. This appears to be another example of how Dave attempts to make things appear very different, to what they actually are.

What mother wouldn't want to find her son? Exactly right, Blackhat.

I believe that Dave thinks that by telling this story he will gain sympathy from the Quakers.

He forgets that there are a lot of parents amongst the Quakers, who I am sure will sympathise with the plight of parents whose children have been recruited into his cult.

Particularly, now that Dave informs us that they have to take desperate and expensive steps to learn if they are safe and in his earlier posts, that he has to control who the parents can talk to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2008 09:03PM by private eyes.

Date: January 13, 2008 09:26PM

Blackhat Quote:

"So Malcolm,

You are saying that when Private Eyes posts hateful stuff, it is because he is quoting David? I like that!

PE, you had better get that disclaimer together for your next posting....hehehe."

Hey guys, I have been quoted as saying a few times, that Dave's writings speak volumes about him and does the Jesus Christians more damage than anything I could ever say. Funny thing is, I think even some of the members are starting to pick up on that and asking him to tone it down.

Just wanting to make the point that my posts are coming out of concern for and not hate for any one of the Jesus Christians.

Nice to see you back Malcolm and just as funny as ever, but making a serious point.

One of the things I have found interesting in looking at the Jesus Christians is how Dave manages to describe Brian as mentally unstable in an attempt to dismiss him as a critic. Yet what would have happened if he had gone through the trial week? If he had joined, are we to assume his OCD wouldn't have been an issue? I just raise the subject, because when you go through the existing members profiles you see a lot of descriptions of depression, previous drug taking, etc. Even prospective members seem to want to highlight their psychological "issues" openly on the web and yet they are accepted into the fold.

What happens if these people leave and become critics. Will Dave then simply dismiss them as mentally unstable? I think it something existing members need to think about.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2008 09:29PM by private eyes.

Date: January 13, 2008 10:38PM

Apostate and cultmalleous, thank you for sharing information about how Dave's actions and teachings have affected children in the "community" over the years.

One of the things I was looking into recently was the pedophile who surfaced in India and Dave's response to that issue. I couldn't find any articles that would support the claim that he was handed over to Federal Police. But I am hopeful this occured. Perhaps you are aware of some? Feel free to PM me.

Obviously, these issues are a concern, when the Jesus Christians are providing opportunities for volunteers to work with childen in Kenya. This requires special care and screening measures and I wonder if they are in place?

It is a terrible reality that people who want to harm childen sexually or physically will often seek avenues of work that provide opportunities for substantial contact with them.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 14, 2008 05:12AM

Dogmother
Jack, I tried to PM you, but your box is full. You can PM or e-mail me. Several people have my e-mail address.

Dogmother, you may be gone by the time you read this, but my PM is empty except for three messages. Strange that you can't reach me. I do have a hotmail account and a Facebook account...

I've just made my email address (hotmail) available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2008 05:35AM by Jack Oskar Larm.

Date: January 14, 2008 05:21AM

yasmin
By the way Jack, you've received a Jesus Christian relative identity too: apparently you are "Jessica's brother". Welcome to the "new identity" subset...Of course we may end up being someone else instead soon...

I know. I have been many things to many people. Dave enjoys the game of identity disclosure. It doesn't bother me. It's not like I've tried to hide anything. It might have been more fun if I had chosen a creative user name.

Clutching at straws, Dave. If you mean something substantial by your silly name calling, I'm more than capable of standing up to your game play (and I'm not a bad chess player, either).

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 14, 2008 07:36AM

Blackhat
The Jesus Christians is founded on two factors which came together when David McKay was failing as a news reporter.

1. He had a past with the Children of God, got away from them on a pretext of promoting them in an outpost, and had all of David Berg's teachings at his disposal.

2. He decided it would be more advantageous to "make the news" instead of writing it.

He combined what he had learnt from the Children of God with an idea that if you could get into the media, you were succeeding at something. Any press was good press. This became his measure of success.

Media attention became the purpose, even to creating several Kidnapping Scandals, a Kidney Cult and Public Whippings. To back him up, he didn't have to worry about producing any substance. He had something behind him which he knew would serve his purpose. David Berg's writings. So he didn't have to worry about producing anything, he could concentrate on thinking up things to get media attention!

Now the Quakers have done their thing, and David is threatening that they have created two angry media-savvy people in himself and Cherry. Go for it David, that's really what you have always been about anway. Not the people, the families, the genuine causes. It's all been about you finally being successful at something, no matter the cost.

Go get your media show. Every tyrant deserves his public lynching!

3. He ruined his own family and alienated his own children, so he decided to lash out at the world and go and screw up other people's families too. If he can't have control of his own kids, he'll make damn sure that he can control other people's.

[welikejesus.com]

We Jesus Christians teach (as Jesus taught) that people must forsake everything they own, forsake their families and friends, property and jobs, and even their own lives to be Christians. And yet we ourselves own stuff, have families (which we often visit), and are still alive.

What is even more amazing is that Jesus had clothes, a "purse", family and friends, and was alive at the time he spoke those words too.

See if you can figure it out, Craig.

(Jesus had a good relationship with His mother, too, but that doesn't seem to get through to DM.) Other relevant Scriptures:

Luke 8:39 Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.

Mark 7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

1 Timothy 5:4 But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God.

You should have seen the look on DM's face when Jeremy Kyle asked about why his own children don't want to have anything to do with him. J. Kyle asked how often DM and Cherry see their kids and grandkids; DM and his consort went wooden like animatronic robots and DM replied in a soft voice "Very rarely." Kyle asked why this was and DM replied with something like, "We have had some strong disagreements." Kyle asked, like what? And then DM and Cherry went silent, refusing to answer. Kyle then moved on.

And you should have seen the "Who masturbates? Who masturbates?" bit, with DM waving his hands around. That was the worst, the sickest part of it. The gasp from the audience, then DM sneering lewdly as if pleased with himself that he could disgust the audience and get a reaction like that. That's when I KNEW that the man is a lunatic.

The Jeremy kyle people edited that stuff out for the broadcast, because they didn't want to give the impression that the show was DM's circus. But let me tell you, if you saw those clips, you'd want to vomit. I witnessed it with my own eyes and will never forget it.

Date: January 14, 2008 10:42AM

Presently, I'm doing research on the Australian laws governing defamation and free speech. An interesting article here: Defamation law and free speech

Quotes from this article:

Writers can learn simple steps to avoid triggering defamation threats and actions. The most important rule is to state the facts, not the conclusion. Let readers draw their own conclusions.

If you have to censor your writing or speech to avoid defamation, keep a copy of the original, uncensored version -- in several very safe places. Save it for later and for others, perhaps after all concerned are dead. You might also inform relevant people, especially those who might threaten defamation, that you have saved the uncensored version.

A powerful response to a defamation suit is to expand the original criticism. Defamation suits aim to shut down comment. If enough people respond by asserting their original claims more forcefully and widely, this will make defamation threats counterproductive.

Additionally, from the Arts Law of Australia: The Law of defamation

Date: January 14, 2008 10:47AM

Posted by: Talamasca ()
Date: January 14, 2008 11:06AM

There's currently a lot of discussion on the Jesus Christians forum about the Children of God and David Berg. This isn't mentioned often, for obvious reasons, but every now and then these people show their true colors.

To all those people thinking of joining the JCs, please think very carefully about this. But don't take my word for it; do some internet research on the Children of God and their views on underage sex, and bear in mind that the JCs are an offshoot of the Children of God cult.

Please be extremely careful about your involvement with the JCs, particularly if you have children.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.