Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: January 09, 2008 08:48PM

From what you are telling us, Apostate, David's teachings seem a far cry from the Quaker stances which first attracted me to them.....does he claim to be a representative for Quaker teaching? I get that impression.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dogmother ()
Date: January 09, 2008 09:09PM

Apostate, thank you so much for your bravery.

My heart goes out to you and your family. It has made all of you stronger people.

How remarkable, that is the effect Dave has had, fortunately, on all of us who had the misfortune to cross his path.

I hope to meet you soon.

We are delighted for Joe and wish him well. Great news.

Date: January 09, 2008 09:29PM

I don't know if you care a piffle or not. Casey, but I find it impossible to read your missives on peace while viewing an animation of someone pokeing someone's eye out......

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 10, 2008 04:01AM

Apostate and Cultmalleus, your recent postings express exactly why we can't ignore the criminal, Dave McKay.

I'm still shaking.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. And all strength to you and your families.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 10, 2008 08:46AM

Apostate, thank you for your testimony. This man DM never ceases to disgust me; every day I find a new level of sheer contempt for him. Good God.

You are a better man than I, sir. I mean that.

A couple more verses to meditate on today,

From the Bhagavad-Gita:

Chapter 6, Verse 5.
A man must elevate himself by his own mind, not degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy as well.

Chapter 6, Verse 6.
For him who has conquered the mind, the mind is the best of friends; but for one who has failed to do so, his very mind will be the greatest enemy.

Chapter 6, Verse 7.
For one who has conquered the mind, the Supersoul is already reached, for he has attained tranquility. To such a man happiness and distress, heat and cold, honor and dishonor are all the same.

And a Scripture from the Holy Bible:

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: January 10, 2008 08:46PM

Another interesting bit of history of my time in the JC's was the time Dave ordered my bride to be to wear a toilet cleaners uniform to our wedding because she was "proud" and "materialistic". This is a woman who lived in a slum with her widowed mother working hard to support her. In India wearing a toilet cleaners uniform would be comparable to smearing shit all over yourself before going to a function. The object of the exercise was to smash her pride by public humiliation. This was to be done in front of her entire village and relatives. Fortunately for me my wife loved me enough to play along. She eventually got to wear a CHEAP white sari to get married in, AFTER Dave was sufficiently convinced that she would go through with her public humiliation. It was unbelievable stress to be subjected to when a new relationship is forming. It is a wonder that we stayed together at all, as Dave and Cherry would both continually target her, accusing her of laziness, etc. Even today they still accuse her, along with other Indian wives of seducing his male disciples away from the "truth". Me, being a dumb JACKASS, sat silently by while it happened and even went along with some of it. That is one of the main reasons why I was so happy to get out of the Jesus Christians. I could see how hard and judgemental I had to become to represent them. Of course Christine, Dave's youngest daughter, was never challenged to wear a toilet cleaners uniform to her wedding... because that would be just too cruel; wouldn't it Dave?

After our first son was born, I was pretty burnt out and recovering from an appendix operation. I needed rest. At this time I was ordered to live in a mosquito ridden hut above a sewer, and I DO mean mosquito ridden. I said a sentence that should never be uttered in the Jesus Christians. It was "I don't want to". This was met with shock and horror. I said that I did not want to because I was still recovering from getting my appendix out, was totally frazzled, had a 4 month old baby and did not want to have to deal with all the malria, filariosis ridden mosquitos. I was told that I can't say "I don't want to". I replied that "I just did". At the point I knew I had to leave the community as I had "sinned" by uttering that sentence. We left and lived in a slum with my wifes mother sleeping on the foot pahs at night with other street dwellers because it was cooler. It was certainly more peaceful staying there than in the Jesus Christians. After a few months of this we returned to the Jesus Christians as they were doing a project that I was interested in taking part in. But I think me uttering that sentence was the start of my ability to think critically about what I was being asked to submit to. It was also the arrival of my first son along with the responsibility of protecting him that was born within me as he was born.

Yes, Dave and I do have a lot of history together. I and ALL other ex members know what REALLY goes on within his group underneath the presentation he likes to show organisations like the Quakers, or any other church group. Within their organisation he is in what he likes to call RELATING mode. In RELATING mode he will say anything to appear agreeable in order to get his foot in the door. It is actauly a taught tactic, no doubt picked from the COG's. Slowly, slowly, he turns up the heat and finally launches into full scale confrontation trying to take people's balanced faith in God away with his twisted interpretations of the teachings of Jesus.

The Quakers should be warned to pick up any bibles Dave leaves behind when they are having meetings to look for a tape recorder inside like he used on the Uniting Church in Medowie, and like he did in the phonecall that Christine made and then publicised on their website.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2008 09:00PM by apostate.

Date: January 11, 2008 04:46AM

Apostate, thank you again for your honesty and bravery.

You and your family sound like such lovely people. Take heart--you know this already--you're in the company of many wonderful individuals who have also been duped by McKay.

When we are strong enough to share our misfortunes--and this takes time--we help others to do the same. It sets us and them on the road to be Free of Mckay.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 11, 2008 06:37AM

Could this be a good time to consider putting these testimonials in a book or publication? I think the quality and depth of both apostate's and cultmalleus' testimonies are worth collecting so that they can be shared and, dare I say it, distributed by a publisher. Perhaps this is a way to 'fight fire with fire' in a benign way. Know what I mean? I can certainly offer my skills in editing...

It saddens me when I read the posts by the new female 'recruits' over at the JC forum. Particularly, when they say that they can't stomach the hatred and misinformation written at this forum. I think the courage, honesty and clarity of both apostate's and cultmalleus' posts are worthy of wider distribution. Vainly, I'm hanging out for more.

Just a thought.

Date: January 11, 2008 08:33AM

Good thought, Jack. I was thinking the same thing.

Date: January 11, 2008 09:28AM

Jack Oskar Larm

It saddens me when I read the posts by the new female 'recruits' over at the JC forum. Particularly, when they say that they can't stomach the hatred and misinformation written at this forum.

Scotsguy:

"Usually along with age...comes wisdom...lol,thankyou all. gby scotsguy"

[welikejesus.com]

Maybe Scotsguy has been doing some research? Hoping so......maybe, just maybe, he has read some of the testimonies posted recently here?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.