Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: January 07, 2008 05:28PM

"So you have a grandmother, whose daughter was once in the group, is now out (and getting on with her life) and who did not wish to be on the Jeremy Kyle Show, and a mentally disturbed guy who spent somewhere between fifteen minutes and an hour with our community more than five years ago, as the key witnesses to what is going on in the Jesus Christians. (Plus a letter from someone who was in the community 23 years ago, telling the world what is supposedly happening in the community today (like he really knows)!
"

[welikejesus.com]

David, LISTEN FOR ONCE! :

That "mentally disturbed guy" has just posted a plethoria of statements, written by you, where you claim Divine Authority.

He is only using texts you wrote.

He recognises what you're on about, and it is a cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 07, 2008 05:57PM

I am EXTREMELY disturbed by this:

"But a better example is paedophilia. Kids are not FORCED to have sex, and yet society says it is wrong. I know, I know, they are not adults. But you see, we each have our restrictions that we think makes it wrong or doesn't make it wrong. And so what we decided to experiment with is just trying to follow the rules as we honestly and humbly think God wrote them"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 05:59PM by Blackhat.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: January 07, 2008 07:25PM

Blackhat
I am EXTREMELY disturbed by this:

"But a better example is paedophilia. Kids are not FORCED to have sex, and yet society says it is wrong. I know, I know, they are not adults. But you see, we each have our restrictions that we think makes it wrong or doesn't make it wrong. And so what we decided to experiment with is just trying to follow the rules as we honestly and humbly think God wrote them"

Yes, it is a disturbing quote from Dave. Sounds strikingly like certain judges in Queensland and South Australia who recently said that sexually abused kids brought their own abuse on their heads. Of course kids ARE FORCED to have sex. Dave said this during a conversation I was having with him about coercion. As far as Dave was concerned it aint force if physical contact is not involved, which by the way gives an excellent view into his head... coz I sure as hell do not know how he can say it aint force.

Imagine that, "society" says it's wrong! How odd, eh Dave. Imagine society saying paedophilia is wrong. Is it frustrating for you, Dave, living in a society with all these constraints? Paedophilia is WRONG, theft is WRONG, lying is WRONG... Such is the curse of those with sociopathic tendencies. Having to abide by the petty rules and regulations of "society". Those who have left you now know that what you offer is not freedom, no rather it is the lack of restraints and a disdain for boundaries that serve to tether your excesses.

To pinch a quote from "Reign of Fire" when a survivor followed an army commander which resulted in loss of life:

"At first I thought it was awe in your eyes, but then I came to realise it was madness"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 07:28PM by apostate.

Date: January 07, 2008 07:42PM

"As far as Dave was concerned it aint force if physical contact is not involved, which by the way gives an excellent view into his head... coz I sure as hell do not know how he can say it aint force. "

What are we looking at here? This is Brokeback Mountain without the adults, they are children.....God help us in this struggle.

Date: January 07, 2008 08:03PM

Well I used to be disgusted, but now I'm just amused.....

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: January 07, 2008 08:43PM

Quote:
private eyes
Excerpted from, “Something to Say”, circa August 2002 (emphasis mine)

Quote:
sWord:
I couldn't find this on the net. Is it from something on paper?

SWord, "Something to Say" is one of the articles contained in, "Leadership" by Dave McKay. ISBN: 9966755322.
Printed by Repromen, Chennai, South India, 2003.

According to the summary it is, "a collection of 40 essays that could be helpful for leaders". Compiled by Dave McKay.

I can't see it achieving high sales. It probably would only appeal to a small niche market. Perhaps, evil dictators, cult leaders and other persons
with delusions of grandeur?

It is available for viewing on the net.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 08, 2008 01:57AM

Blackhat
"So you have a grandmother, whose daughter was once in the group, is now out (and getting on with her life) and who did not wish to be on the Jeremy Kyle Show, and a mentally disturbed guy who spent somewhere between fifteen minutes and an hour with our community more than five years ago, as the key witnesses to what is going on in the Jesus Christians. (Plus a letter from someone who was in the community 23 years ago, telling the world what is supposedly happening in the community today (like he really knows)!
"

[welikejesus.com]

David, LISTEN FOR ONCE! :

That "mentally disturbed guy" has just posted a plethoria of statements, written by you, where you claim Divine Authority.

He is only using texts you wrote.

He recognises what you're on about, and it is a cult.

You might as well give up on trying to reason with DM and his clones or to appeal to their logical capabilities on any level. You'd have better luck trying to reason with a brick wall.

Don't waste your time or energy with that. It's frustrating as hell, and you'll only burn yourself out. I write from experience on that point. Better to remain a bit detached.

What is called for is proactive action to the end of educating the public about them and preventing others from being taken in by David's fantasy world.

That, IMO, is the best that can be hoped for. But remember, I am mentally disturbed. What do I know?

Date: January 08, 2008 04:12AM

zeuszor
You might as well give up on trying to reason with DM and his clones or to appeal to their logical capabilities on any level. You'd have better luck trying to reason with a brick wall.

Don't waste your time or energy with that. It's frustrating as hell, and you'll only burn yourself out.

I prefer to continue presenting reasoned arguments to them, if they choose to ignore them, there will be others that do not. To use an analogy, light house keepers don't entinguish the light because they can see no ship on the horizon. Dave does a lot of our work for us in pointing those he meets to us as a boast of his persecution. Thanks, Dave... keep sending them over.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 08, 2008 04:31AM

Yes, I appreciate your point. We must aim for a balance of compassion and aggression, yes? Good cop/bad cop IMO is the right approach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2008 04:38AM by zeuszor.

Date: January 08, 2008 04:43AM

I prefer the use of assertion. Aggression isn't coming from a place I am interested in using.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.