Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: June 23, 2007 01:41PM

It has been alleged, that Larry Rosenfield the person who Sue donated a kidney to (featured in the Jon Ronson documentary), has acted as a sort of liaison person for the Jesus Christians to hook them up with other people needing kidneys.

Apparently, up till the end of 2005 he has assisted 7 people to get kidneys. It is not clear whether all the donors were all members of the Jesus Christians and inquiries into this matter are continuing.

Also, some interesting questions are being raised in some quarters, regarding the deals Insurance companies are making behind closed doors, with donors. The amount that companies pay for the "expenses" of the donors and their carers, are usually not disclosed. It has been suggested that unscrupulous persons could mooch off the expenses of donors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 23, 2007 02:01PM

Hey, sorry Apostate, you were right. He is [b:e5adf22da9]now [/b:e5adf22da9]listed as Author, he was previously listed as Editor. Maybe he picked up on the posts previously on this matter and had it changed?

Posted by: furry faerie ()
Date: June 23, 2007 02:19PM

private eyes
This article and others I have posted are available through News Library Archives.

Hi there. What kind of search criteria should I put in? I can't seem to find these articles. Thanks.

Date: June 23, 2007 06:59PM

Furry, unfortunately a lot of the media articles are no longer freely available and you need to pay a fee to retrieve them. I use services like Newslibrary.com. It's worth it for me to spend a few dollars, if it help prevents somebody from spending a lifetime from being scammed. Fairfax in Australia, also has a service where you can retrieve articles.

In fact, I just retrieved an article from the Newcastle Herald, entitled, Leader hits out at cult portrayal. It's written by Fergus Maquire and appeared on the 29 July 2000.

Here a line from that article:

Mr McKay was raised in a Christian community in California. He emigrated to Australia in 1967 and worked as a Methodist preacher.

I wonder what Californian Christian community that was?

Date: June 24, 2007 03:20PM

Dear vThirteen,

The "fact" that the JesusChristians are not an "organization" (but rather the relevation of the "Kingdom of God".....) is of course an article of faith for them (...one they conveniently forget when sheltering under the umbrella of those God forsaken pharisaical systemites...the Quakers!)

Luke 17:20-21 is an essential "proof" verse for them, explaining why their Theology of "Sincerity" is clearly the most biblical interpretation of scriptural doctrine (...an observation I would subscribe to personally, mores the pity then that the JC's patently fail to be sincere)...and using this principle as a basis to "distinguish" themselves from other Christian churches or organizations...

I'd like to think that back in the idealism of the '80's a few of the those in the JC's actually believed in those ideals (...the rot would have already well and truly have set in within David personally of course...), although maybe I'm guilty of just looking back with rose tinted glasses here…..and comparing the “good ol’days with the depredations of the full-blown "Fagin" and his "Artful Dodgers" today....

It is MOST amusing watching them these days tie themselves in knots to prove that they are not the "organization" they condemn everyone else for becoming.....a veritable gymnastic exercise in circular reasoning...

Date: June 24, 2007 06:07PM

There not an organisation?

Well, according to the Australian government there pretty organised. They even have an Australian Business Number.

There Australian Business Number is: 78 622 540 509, which they registered on the 24 September 2000.

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: June 27, 2007 06:03AM

This is a repost and with thanks to the original poster.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 27, 2007 10:00PM

matilda:

How is this link relevant to "Jesus Christians"?

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 28, 2007 07:39AM

I heard that Reinhard has been arrested again, this time in Arizona. If it's true, this is the second time he has been arrested in an abduction-related issue. Do the US authorities know this?

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 28, 2007 10:33AM

And what's this I hear about the file on the Johnson's cases being lost by the police? Was there ever a trial?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.