Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: June 21, 2007 09:13PM

There was an article on the Jesus Christians (then known as simply Christians) in the, Worcester Telegram Gazette, entitled, "Modern-Day Jeremiahs at Target Zero". The article was written by James Dempsey and appeared on September 12, 1990.

It gives the names of four members (some now ex members) who were travelling together from Sacramento and reveals that David Mc Kay was a hospital orderly before emigrating to Australia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 21, 2007 11:32PM

Ash asks;

What is all this constant talk of damage? Who has been damaged, how has it affected their life? Was Zeusor damaged by the five minutes he spent with the JCs before bolting out the door? Is Malcolm damaged, or Craig, Atilla or Tony? If so, please explain how.

Ash states:

Yet there is a complete lack of any criminal or immoral behaviour by Dave, or even suggestions of such behaviour. Quite the opposite of men like Saddam, who is famous for having slaughtered thousands during his regime.

As (to date) David has belaboured the point at length on the manner of the "damaged souls" we "hate-mongers" have become, on any number of web sites, over a matter of years, I must urgently remind Ash to diligently reread the Sayings of the Chairman and purge himself of these petit bourgeouis pretences if he does not wish find himself assigned to re-education by the next meeting of the Politburo(Propogating contradictions of the revolutionary truths of the Party Leader...)

David's immoral behaviour (of which Ash is of course an example) includes accessing the wealth (finance, resources and time) of others through false pretences, alienating individuals from their friends and family through connivances based on the misrepresentation of scripture, physchological torment (isolation and degradation, public humiliation, obligations to demonstrate subservience) and physical deprivation (the "bin-raiding" lifestyle of the itinerant, whippings and "coerced" organ donation), covert enslavement, persistently depriving others of their basic rights(Speech, Association & Movement), extortion and blackmail (manipulating others through their feelings of concerns for others David has control over...)....for some starters....

I am not aware that David has "killed" to date so I cede that point to Ash.....I "merely" think that he would be perfecftly capable of doing so (and certainly easily capable of encouraging others to do so on his behalf, if he believed he could keep his involvement hidden) should he come to see it as "necessary", and the "subliminal" messages in making comparisons to the Waco confrontation (...push me too hard and I'll take all these bastards down with me when I go....) gives cause for serious concern.

(...and...just why haven't I heard from Kate for such a long time???)

Posted by: vThirteen ()
Date: June 22, 2007 02:34AM

Hello, I was in Swansea yesterday, came across 2 guys pushing their book "Survivor". I had an interesting exchange with one of the guys, because I found his way of discribing his group suspicious so I tried to question him further. Sadly I didn't get his name, he was a tall tanned man, 45-50ish, with quite striking features (not to be rude, but reminded me of the face of that Lurch guy in Addams family). Didn't sound Australian. The other guy was young, maybe 19-20? Blonde curly hair. Both tanned, like they'd just been on holiday.

At first I focussed on the pseudonym of the authour of the book, who this guy called a "friend" of his. Zion Ben-Jonah. I said "Zion?" He said, "Yes, I know, that was a mistake... it's a pseudonym"... He went to great pains to describe the organisation as not really an organisation at all. The book said on the back that it didn't have anything to do with some other thing which I forget: I found it strange that an organisation would go to great lengths to tell us what it [i:ba78a81b5c]isn't[/i:ba78a81b5c] while being so vague about what it [i:ba78a81b5c]is[/i:ba78a81b5c].

Anyway it started to rain, so the fella took shelter under the awning of Woolies while I stood just outside, getting absolutely soaked. I was intruiged by the squirmy 'we're not anything you can put your finger on' approach to describing the 'not-an-organisation' so I went into subtle interrogation mode. He said 'we even have a 12 year old member", which immediately put my 'uh-oh antenna' up, so I asked if the group was into indoctrinating minors - (naive of me I guess) - of course he got defensive and said no, their parents were both members. Personally I believe that minors shouldn't be assumed to have a religious faith until they are of the age of majority and able to make informed decision, and I told him so. He got upset and said he was going to talk to someone else, because I was putting him down. To say nothing of the fact that he approached me in the street to talk to me about his religion, ask for a donation for his book, and I was standing in the rain while he was under the awning... I found that ironic. Anyway my curiosity was piqued by the very slippery evasive nature of his descriptions and so I did a google search, ending up here... So I just thought I'd tell you where they're recruiting/fundraising at the moment.

Date: June 22, 2007 02:46AM

"Beware those groups that Deceive" is an article that appeared in the
Long Beach Press Telegram (CA) on November 25, 2006. It is a commentary column written by Pamela Hale-Burns from a Christian perspective and the subject matter is, the Jesus Christians.

Here's a taste:

I remember seeing, as a child, the many who followed a self proclaimed servant of God, Jim Jones, all eventually commit suicide by drinking poison at his command.

They weren't followers of Jesus, because Jesus tells us that he came so that we might have life more abundantly. They were following and worshipping Jim Jones.

Same with Jesus Christians. They are not following Jesus, but the group's founder, David Mc Kay.

This article and others I have posted are available through News Library Archives.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 22, 2007 01:18PM

It's good to see Josh, that you can see that by taking on the punishment ourselves seems to you a more christian thing to do. In Reinhards case, we could have taken Jared and John straight to the courts, however if there was a whisper somewhere in the system that the victim (Reinhard) was in a group labeled a cult, then the system would treat him automatically differently to everyone else. Which is basically what happened. So to me it doesn't seem all so harsh to pass judgement to these people like Jared and John who has very little conscience, and then take their punishment onto ourselves.

[welikejesus.com]

Date: June 22, 2007 11:27PM

It's a good thing David not a Private Detective. His clients would be asking for their money back.

Any guesses who Privy is?

For someone who has such a disdain for Rick Ross, David sure spends a lot of time here. It appears because I suggested people who need help dealing with the Jesus Christians or have information to pass on, could contact CCG Ministeries, he must think I am Adrian van Leen. Whilst I am flattered, David's wrong.

I mentioned the other day that I subscribe to their newsletter and send them material. I also do that with many counter cult organisations throughout the world. To show there's no favortism, people could also contact Cult Information & Family Support Incorporated in New South Wales, Australia.

Keep guessing David!

Date: June 23, 2007 12:00AM

From the text of Excommunicated:

In [b:e2e3cbf8dd]1976[/b:e2e3cbf8dd], I was working as a humble journalist for the Barrier Miner in Broken Hill, New South Wales.

From the Barrier Miner's history on the web:

The Barrier miner continued until [b:e2e3cbf8dd]1974[/b:e2e3cbf8dd] when after 86 years of publication the Barrier Miner (elder) ceased production".

Mmm, I wonder if that's where David first got the idea of not working for money!

Date: June 23, 2007 12:11AM

VThirteen thank you for your post. The child they were referring to was probably Danny the child of Sue and Roland Gianstefani, although I note that Sue used the surname Ellis in the Jon Ronson documentary.

Whilst he has grown up with the group as did David's own children, other minors not family members have been joined the group. One of the Nullabors walkers from India was only 12 and Robin Dunn joined the group at 15.

It's interesting that the book about the walk, "Without Thought for Food or Clothing", which sold at the recommended retail price of $ 2.75 and was printed by John Sands printing, was written by a chap named, A Christian.

It's just interesting because David doesn't like pseudonymns and I always thought he wrote this book as well as Survivors. But maybe I'm wrong.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: June 23, 2007 01:02PM

[i:2e6b1dd600]Survivors: You'll be surprised who gets left behind (Mass Market Paperback)
by Zion Ben Jonah (Author), Dave McKay (Author)[/i:2e6b1dd600]

Note How Dave advertises his book "Survivors" on Amazon. He has himself named alongside his imaginary compatriot as a co author.

Source: [www.amazon.com]

Date: June 23, 2007 01:19PM

Just a quick correction Apostate. David is described as Editor. He gets a bit nancy about errors like that, although he makes them all the time.

Speaking about accuracy. Could someone involved in the April 1998 split, please indicate those who left. As you read through various posts, newspaper reports, etc there are conflicting numbers. Some reports say 9 left, some ten, etc. I don't want to make errors of fact in the investigative work I am undertaking.

To protect people's privacy, just give me the initials of the people and I will work it out (ie KM, CH, etc). I've got a fairly good idea now of the curent membership and who was a former member.

If people want to personal message me with that info, that's okay to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.