Current Page: 816 of 821
Re: "Jesus Christians," "cult", Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers"
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 28, 2023 01:27AM

Dave McKay appears to be a narcissistic, opportunistic con man.

Self-obsessed grifters can always rationalize why they must soldier on indefinitely.

McKay has been around a long time and he seems to be in love with himself.

Something tells me he cannot imagine a world without his blessed being.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: XKRISHNA ()
Date: December 28, 2023 01:36AM

Well, I've studied his teachings very thoroughly and suicide, self-sacrifice, "crucifying the flesh" and the like is a recurring theme.

Dave seems to believe that he is one of the (Biblical) Two Witnesses and that he will one day help rule and reign over the earth with his Virgin Army. He believes that a starship will take the Jesus Christians to heaven. Once onboard, the aliens/angels will explain how the New Jerusalem has been hidden in a secret dimension all this time, and how when the great marriage of God to the Church takes place everyone in New Jerusalem will be able to watch it on big screens. It's all in "Armageddon For Beginners", all this stuff is:

[archive.org]

The two people who were executed will suddenly come to life, as will thousands of others who were killed for their faith in Jesus Christ. They will all be given new bodies that are not subject to gravity as people are now. All of these people, plus those who are alive and who have refused to worship the world leader or to allow a microchip implant on their bodies, will be able to float up to meet Jesus in the sky. This amazing escape will be documented with television coverage around the world. All those who are drawn together in this way will disappear into another dimension, possibly into some kind of a huge starship, where they will celebrate their deliverance. At the same time, new problems will confront those left on earth.

More disasters will strike the earth over the next few weeks, causing suffering for billions of people. Those left on the earth will continue to put the blame on the departed fanatics, and will become convinced that they are dangerous aliens from another world. All the armies of the earth will be drawn together to challenge the aliens, as a show-down looms over Israel.

When those who disappeared have finished their celebrations in their refuge in the skies, they will swoop down on earth behind their leader, Jesus. The weapons amassed in the valley of Megiddo, in Israel, will be no match for them. This is the famous Battle of Armageddon, and it will be totally one sided. Those mortals who mistakenly thought they could fight God, will be wiped out. The victorious army will be fully occupied for months just burying all of the bodies and disposing of the ruined weapons.

Mind you, the Revelation also says that Two Witnesses are killed by the Beast but are resurrected, before ascending to Heaven. The two co-founders of the cult known as "Heaven's Gate" also believed themselves to be the Two Witnesses. We all know what happened to Heaven's Gate, I am sure.

"I am hiding like Elijah in the rifted stone.
And sometimes I feel just like him that I can’t go on.
Then a voice from Heaven whispers in the rock abide.
I am hiding (like Elijah) from the storm outside."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2023 01:37AM by XKRISHNA.

Date: December 28, 2023 01:48AM

Mark my words, Rick. I know Dave's teaching like I know the back of my hand and nothing good can (or will) come from it.

"For the most part, my record will speak for itself, both in showing my authority from God and in showing my ability to take criticism. But the bottom line is that I am here because God has given me a job to do, and I must do it. I'm not here to promote myself in opposition to someone else. I'm here to get God's work done...God has at this time and in this corner of the world, anointed me as his apostle. As long as I am doing my job right, he is not going to anoint someone else to rebel against me. If I get away from God, then I will lose my anointing and God will give authority to someone else to take my place. But beware! Just because you get a chance to start a rebellion, doesn't mean that you have authority nor that I have lost mine; and if I catch you rebelling, I will wield the rod of correction in obedience to God, since it is really God that you are rebelling against when you do that."

--Dave McKay, "Divine Authority" (From the book "Strong Meat")

[www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2023 01:48AM by XKRISHNA.

Date: December 28, 2023 10:14AM

Rick, when I figured out about the connection between "the Shakahola Massacre" and the McKay group, I fairly freaked out. I did not vomit, but I got sick to my stomach and could not eat for about a day. It got to me, man. It affected me, this realization. I don't pay much attention to the McKay group anymore for reasons pertaining to the maintenance of my mental health, but I made note of Spencer v. McKay and that got my attention. Then I started reading up and figured out what had happened in Kenya. After that, I got sort of sick. But don't worry; I'll be OK. Holy shit, though....

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

--Psalm 23 (KJV)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2023 10:18AM by XKRISHNA.

Date: December 29, 2023 07:28AM

Dave can be demonstrated as a fraud with respect to his account of his supposed COG days, which I shall now demonstrate to be largely fictitious, taking into consideration of course the fact that COG did not keep records. There are so many holes in Dave’s story, in the time lines, that when one takes a closer look that the only conclusion that one can logically come up with is that Dave is pretty much lying about it all, 98% anyway.

If one studies an old COG publication called the Book of Remembrance and knows what Dave has said about himself, one will quickly find many inconsistencies in terms of the who, what, when, where, and why of what the COG were up to in Australia circa 1975.

I suggest interested researchers look into the Book of Remembrance in checking up on McKay’s story, esp. the names of the early Australian pioneers. I have copies of both volumes.

However, it's very difficult to conclusively prove beyond a reasonable doubt anything about the matter one way or the other, considering the fact that the COG did not keep records, and the records that they did have, they destroyed. But, I am as close to absolutely proving it as I can reasonably be.

It was Australia in the ‘70s; no records, loose connections, inefficient communication. The 70's were vague times there. Public and private records were on cards and in manila folders.

So the truth is that technically, Dave simultaneously was and wasn't a COG Shepherd. He was living too far from anyone else who was part of the COG at the time. He claimed 6 members -- his family -- and they (COG leadership) couldn't dispute that. Based on this claim -- 6 members -- he received the leadership material regularly for at least a decade and probably well beyond a decade. This is how he churned out all that COG-like material.

The important thing is NOT whether he was or wasn't officially a shepherd. Because like I said, he both was and he wasn’t, and the only followers he had at first were his own wife and kids.

The important thing to understand is that he learned how to run a cult from the Family DFO material he kept receiving.

To me, it's a lot like asking if a woman is pregnant: either she is or she is not, and "Well, yes and no" means no.

David McKay wanted to be around the COG/Family to learn from them and obtain literatures that he could use in order to find materials to present as his own, and receive instruction on how to operate his own cult, but never had any intention of subjecting himself to the rules and strictures of the Family’s structure; he would never submit himself to anybody’s authority and would never make a good cult member, no, he simply leeched on to them for a while and used what he took from the Family in order to organize and run the group that eventually came to be known as the Jesus Christians.

In other words, just as the COG/Family were doing “Invading the Churches” stuff in order to gain credibility, respectability, and resources from established churches and denominations, in like manner, Dave basically “Invaded the Family” to do the same for himself in an effort to form his own group. He turned the Family’s modus operandi, back on the Family, and later "Invaded the Quakers," once the Family cut him off from the DFO materials. I must admit, it was a clever move on his part.

To continue: prior to 1978, the COG Shepherds were all APPOINTED to their respective positions by the next-higher person on The Chain.

After Feb. 18, 1978, everybody in The Chain was fired (Berg supposedly felt that the existing leadership was dictatorial and abusive) and the new Shepherds were ELECTED in at the colony level by local colony members.

RNR is the "COG ruling" that Dave took advantage of in order to "Shepherd" his own "colony." They (COG members at the time) were all being instructed to tell the world that the COG was disbanding and that everybody was going their separate ways.

Of course that was not true, and was an attempt to elude law enforcement and confuse "The System."

In reality, they did really not disband, they merely reorganized in a more sophisticated manner and were underground for a while. But not all members knew this, some really were led to believe that the COG had broken up; the supposed disbanding was also a pretext for purging the group of certain members, but getting them to leave on peaceful terms with no potential conflict.

The Family was highly secretive in those days, and they still are; just like Dave is paranoid to this day, and rightly so. We’re onto him like glue.

There were two ways in which somebody could have been a COG Shepherd in the mid-to-late seventies: by appointment, or else being voted into that position by the local colony.

In other words, there were no self-appointed Shepherds. Yet, Dave claims to have done just that.

He says that he appointed himself Shepherd of his own colony, and it was really just him and his wife and kids.

See what I am saying?

For that matter, RNR took place in 1978. Dave (according to the story he's always stuck to) would have been out of the COG by '76, the year when the FF-ing was being introduced.

I have uncovered inconsistency after inconsistency in Dave's story. There are lots and lots, and lots, of holes in it.

1978 was also the year in which they stopped calling themselves the COG (because they wanted the world to think that they had disbanded) and adopted the name, The Family of Love, which was shortened to The Family in '82.

This was all the direct result of the RNR.

But, it is possible that Dave was one of the Shepherds who got fired, and then simply took his family out and continued as if he was not fired. But this would contradict the story of how they left because of the FFing.

Further, we know Dave for a fact to have been in the possession of DFO (Disciples and Friends Only) Family literature as recently as 1991 (probably well beyond), and that some of that DFO material was published in the Deakin student newspaper (called The Planet) in that same year.

There was a dispute about him using the material.

This is something I still want to follow up on, to get hold of copies of the old Planet newspapers. Apparently, McKay was dismissed from the newspaper, but won a $4,000 payment from them.

There was also an article written about Dave in the Murdoch University newspaper about the matter, which he was awarded $4,000 in compensation for.

In relation to that 1990's period, David also published the Baby Books and the Nappy Chappies distributed them. They even called themselves children of God, but with a little c and said they were a remnant of the Children of God.

See the big picture now? He's twisting the truth about his involvement in the COG; he’s lying through his teeth!

There is no evidence that Dave was involved in any pedophilic activities during the time of his direct involvement with the COG.

And he thought that we were so stupid and would never figure all of these things out!

Date: December 29, 2023 09:19AM

XKRISHNA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> "For the most part, my record will speak for
> itself, both in showing my authority from God and
> in showing my ability to take criticism. But the
> bottom line is that I am here because God has
> given me a job to do, and I must do it. I'm not
> here to promote myself in opposition to someone
> else. I'm here to get God's work done...God has at
> this time and in this corner of the world,
> anointed me as his apostle. As long as I am doing
> my job right, he is not going to anoint someone
> else to rebel against me. If I get away from God,
> then I will lose my anointing and God will give
> authority to someone else to take my place. But
> beware! Just because you get a chance to start a
> rebellion, doesn't mean that you have authority
> nor that I have lost mine; and if I catch you
> rebelling, I will wield the rod of correction in
> obedience to God, since it is really God that you
> are rebelling against when you do that."
>
> --Dave McKay, "Divine Authority" (From the book
> "Strong Meat")
>
>

>
> [www.google.com]

"Much of the deep revelations that I have received from the Lord was so in the Spirit that I was not even conscious of what was happening and afterwards, I had to be told what had been said. All I know is this is the way God speaks to me and has from the beginning and I am only a messenger boy who delivers his telegrams and I am not responsible for what is being said or revealed. You'll have blame God for that, or thank Him."

--David Brandt Berg (1919-1994)

Date: December 30, 2023 02:09AM

No one person can or must dominate this thread.

Please cease overwhelming this thread.

Date: December 30, 2023 07:38AM

OK, Rick, I will comply.

But please let me just say that I've got a lot of information about the McKay group at my disposal; I have many electronic files, a dossier of information on the group, its history, biographical information on the leadership, all that.

To any interested researcher who wants it, please send me a private message and we can discuss getting you these files.

Date: December 30, 2023 08:25AM

OK. Share what you think will be helpful.

Date: December 30, 2023 08:28AM

Yes sir.

It's about trying to save lives, Rick. Nothing less. That's why I am doing this, and have been doing this. I could not care less about attention for myself.

Current Page: 816 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.