Re: "Jesus Christians," "cult", Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers"
Posted by: XKRISHNA ()
Date: February 06, 2024 11:32PM

You have blood on your hands, David.

[www.bbc.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 07, 2024 05:45AM

Ummm ....thanks for posting up the material ... certainly a tragic development in Kenya ... the deliberations in the Kenyan Senate (or elsewhere) identifying the Jesus Christians as a contributing element to the depredation of McKenzie would be a more telling link, I feel...

(Naturally no-one would give any 'self - declarations' on the part of the Jesus Christians, any credibility whatsover.... are you intending to somehow 're-assure,' the wider world, David of the 'responsible nature of your administration? ...pre-empt any possible claims to be made against you in the future? I don't quite get your point!

...Oh! ...and while I wasn't really expecting you to make it at all of course.... I will NOT be on Edgars Creek today...as truck hire has sadly proved impossible to organize... there will naturally be other opportunities for the Jesus Christians' to assist the wider community elsewhere....given how 'readily' the members of your cult, work for 'love' (...or only the love of being 'seen by men' in manufactured media coverage???)

Date: February 07, 2024 05:58AM

At least organ harvesting was ruled out, upon autopsy of over 100 Shakahola corpses. The thing I remember the most clearly from my brief time among the Jesus Christians from more than twenty years ago, was how SKINNY they all were, especially Sue. Sue looked downright malnourished. Gee, where do you think that MacKenzie got ideas involving excessive fasting?

Date: February 07, 2024 07:59AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ummm ....thanks for posting up the material ...
> certainly a tragic development in Kenya ... the
> deliberations in the Kenyan Senate (or elsewhere)
> identifying the Jesus Christians as a contributing
> element to the depredation of McKenzie would be a
> more telling link, I feel...

You are welcome, Malcolm. Tell me please: when you were part of the McKay group many years ago, did you all do a lot of fasting?

Also: please remind me as to how long you were a part of the McKay group, and the years of your involvement? It was in the eighties, but not into the nineties, right?

Date: February 08, 2024 02:13PM

Naturally...I am more than happy to brief you on my experiences (in the 'Christians' back then)....perhaps you might do the same!

As you were in the group 'over 20 years ago'...you would have been there around the time of the Split when David felt threatened enough by some minor expressions of 'independence' that he forced the removal of most of the Community (in Australia, at that time!)....individuals who had devoted years of their life to the ongoing fortunes of the group... Unceremoniously 'dumped'...

But of course no one is 'inexpendable' in the Jesus Christians....(unless you are the exalted leader)... Do tell! What DID David say to justify removing those who had 'crossed' him??? You have indicated that you were in the group around this time...

Date: February 09, 2024 01:18AM

No, I am not a former member of the McKay group. I nearly joined, in the spring of 2002, during the period in which "Kidneys for Jesus" was being filmed. When I went for my trial week, Robin and Casey were away from the group in order to donate their kidneys. This is what Sue explained to me, at the time. So I went for a trial week, but I thought they were really creepy and abruptly left during the "Bible study," which was really just Fran reading an article that he'd written, called "No More Mister Nice Guy." I did not even stay with the group for a whole afternoon, much less for a week or longer.

Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Date: February 09, 2024 01:22AM

cultmalleus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The "grievance system" is the way to ensure
> conformity by Dave enlisting everyone else to
> peer pressure the odd one out and to enforce
> starvation ("fasting and prayer") as punishment if
> they do not conform. Unity and loyalty are
> absolute imperatives. Intelligent and independant
> thinking members have eventually left in disgust.
> Of Dave's 4 children, 3 are completely alienated
> from him and want nothing to do with him.
>
> His fruit is rotten.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2024 01:23AM by XKRISHNA.

Date: February 11, 2024 05:10AM

Fran is still a member of the Jesus Christians, isn't he? Still now a leader???....he lived up to the content of his article, then.....he will certainly no longer be any nature of 'nice-guy'....

.... personally 'invested' in the make believe that the Jesus Christians represent an improvement on the religious organisations they routinely belittle...

Date: February 11, 2024 05:24AM

Francisco Gonzales would be around forty-eight years old today. He was born in Argentina. His wife Kim would be about the same age as him, a bit younger. He's been with the McKay group since 1997.

I do not know when she joined, but the two of them married in late 2005. So she must have joined some time between 2002 and 2005. I do not know their present status, if they are still married, or anything else about them. Her maiden name was Wainwright. That's about all I know about those two.

What about you, Mal? Where did you join, and when? When did you leave the group, please?

Current Page: 820 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.