Posted by: XKRISHNA ()
Date: December 23, 2023 09:42AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh...and of course, all kudos to the good Ms
> Spencer who was had the tenacity to follow this
> matter through an unenviable court process. She
> has bravely displayed genuine leadership in
> confronting McKay and I sincerely thank her.

As do I. As far as I know, this is the first time that one of McKay's victims has been with him to court, and won a judgement against him. Tonight I am going to taste cognac for the first time (somebody gave me a bottle as a Christmas gift) an I will raise my glass to Ms. Spencer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Jesus Christians," "cult", Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers"
Date: December 23, 2023 11:51PM

Yes, David, I follow Jesus myself, or I at least try to do so. Yes, I am formerly a part of ISKCON but I believe that it was the teachings of Prabhupada which led me to Him. In explaining the following I am not trying to preach to anyone; I am only trying to explain myself and my position. I am sharing my realization. I consider my opposition to you to be obedience to Jesus.

Get right with God, David. Get right with your own family. You don't have much time left.

Proposition A: Prabhupada said that the Bible is bona fide and is to be accepted literally and not symbolically, and that there is no symbolical meaning to the sacrifice Christ made on the Cross. That is a direct quote.

Proposition B: Prabhupada never said that one has to take an ISKCON guru, or even a Vaisnava guru. Prabhupada said that one has to take a LIVING guru, who comes from an authorized, bona fide line of disciplic succession.

Proposition C: According to the same Bible that Prabhupada said is bona fide, Jesus the Christ was resurrected on the third day and is in fact alive even now. He said that He'd send His Holy Spirit, the Comforter, the Paraclete, to inspire and lead us in His physical absence.

Proposition D: Prabhupada said more than once "Jesus Christ is our guru."

CONCLUSION: I therefore accept Jesus Christ as my guru, since Prabhupada encouraged me to do so. After all: Prabhupada is in samadhi, but Lord Jesus is literally, physically alive right now.

Date: December 24, 2023 07:16AM

Would anyone be able to link the story in today's (Sunday 24th December) Melbourne Age to this site?

May need to subscribe to the Age in order to pull this off...

Simple but factual account ... McKay as usual will lie to himself (and to his 'indentured labourers') that he is being 'persecuted for righteouness's sake'... and that he is suffering all 'manner of calumny' for the sake of the 'gospel'...

(No David! It's because of your own hateful persecution of those who threaten your religious organisation!)

McKay just looks (and sounds) 'sicker' and 'sicker'...brimful of his own poisonous bile...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2023 07:18AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: December 24, 2023 09:09AM

Dave McKay teaching the Bible to a bunch of people who are barely adults (after all: Dave likes to target the young) is like giving a baby milk to drink, that's been touched by the lips of a serpent. Milk is good, but if some poison gets mixed in then the milk will make one sick, and maybe even bring death. The teachings of Jesus are undoubtedly nice, but when they decorate persons of a malicious nature, people like David McKay, then they act adversely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2023 09:10AM by XKRISHNA.

Date: December 25, 2023 08:42AM

Well...in no small way due to Ms Spencer...it IS a 'Merry Christmas' that I can wish all and sundry!.

Season's Greetings and a toast to the public demise of McKay and the exposure of his poisonous hatred ...

Date: December 25, 2023 10:09AM

I myself am not a former member of the McKays' group, nor have any of my loved ones ever been involved with the McKays' group. So I've never been directly hurt by this evil man nor any of his agents. But I met the Jesus Christians over twenty years ago, right after 9/11. I nearly joined, but when I met them in person they scared me pretty badly and I've followed them ever since. It makes me very happy to know that the McKays will go down in ignominy, like they deserve to. Especially Dave McKay. The world will be a better place, once he leaves it. And I cannot say this about many people in this world, but I'll genuinely be happy when I learn he is gone. I'll buy a bottle of champagne and have a little party. To hell with Dave McKay.

Merry Christmas to all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2023 10:16AM by XKRISHNA.

Date: December 25, 2023 01:03PM

Malcolm, for years and years now I've been saying that I'm scared that one day people are going to die as a result of the McKays' influence, that I saw a mass suicide or some other horrific catastrophic event on the horizon for them. Well, it looks sadly like something like that DID recently happen, and I hate to say that I'm not really shocked. Have you seen this; are you aware of THIS?

[www.culteducation.com]

Date: December 26, 2023 02:33AM

kithi Wrote:
> [www.theguardian.com]
>
> 'Australian Christian group fights claim it was
> linked to leader of Kenya starvation massacre
> doomsday cult
> Kenyan parliamentary committee report finds Paul
> Mackenzie, held responsible for more than 400
> deaths, was ‘influenced’ by Australians Dave and
> Cherry McKay, which they vehemently deny'

Please tell me, kithi: how EXCTLY did the McKays supposedly influence Paul MacKenzie toward these deaths? I'm not clear on that point.

Date: December 26, 2023 02:53AM

kithi Wrote:
> A lot to say about the ' cult' label.
>
> That word might confuse some people, but the
> crucial issue is whether a group has a positive
> or negative impact on its members and on society.
>
> Does it help or does it harm?

My God. The first and main thing that impressed me when I first met the Jesus Christians years ago, is how THIN they all were. It was obvious that the group fasted a lot. They were all quite skinny. Especially Sue; she was downright emaciated. My God. This was in the spring of 2002, around the time that Jon Ronson was filming "Kidneys For Jesus."

Date: December 26, 2023 09:02AM

Look, I take no pride in what I am writing and I am hardly saying snidely "I told you so!" to anybody. But I've followed Dave McKay and his antics for over twenty years, I always thought that he was a dangerous narcissistic predator who was going to get people killed by his teaching, and I've been proved right. And today I am messed up over this. Last night I barely slept, and today I've had no appetite and my stomach has been bad. Last summer, in Kenya, there was a mass suicide involving over 400 members of a cult led by a man named Paul Mackenzie. These people all starved themselves and their children to death, in order to expedite their being able to "meet Jesus." And Dave McKay was a direct help and inspiration to Paul Mackenzie; he helped to set up Mackenzie's church in Kenya. It was called Good News International Ministries. Good Lord almighty, I am sick. I was right. People REALLY DID die because of Dave McKay's influence.

www.parliament.go.ke/sites/default/files/2023-10/FINAL%20REPORT-AD%20HOC%20COMMITTEE%20ON%20SHAKAHOLA.pdf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.